- - - - -

The 41 year old teenager

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 Dagon

• 47 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 01:55 PM

Here is a link to his intro vid:

For most people here, he's basically telling you a lot of what you already know - lots of raw veg, reduce sugar and salt, excercise, lots of water, avoid unhealthy foods/smoking/alcohol... except there is one big difference. He's an advocate of natural sunlight for it's anti-aging properties!

In any case, it's worth watching because this guy does look pretty young for his age.

Edited by Dagon, 27 October 2009 - 01:56 PM.

#2 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 02:05 PM

I'd not seen him, thanks for posting. He is in-line with most the current recommendations--too bad he isn't also into extreme life extension, it could be worth it for someone to contact him--as compared to the general population he'd be more likely to support some of ways we currently conceive of as being able to someday attain something akin to immortality...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Johann

• 372 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 05:36 PM

He's an advocate of natural sunlight for it's anti-aging properties!

God created man to be in the sunlight.

#4 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:42 PM

Funny how he's shown in a dark setting. I highly doubt he look close to 20 in the face.
Time to slather on some more sunscreen.....lol

#5 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:43 PM

Sun ages you, simple.

#6 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 October 2009 - 08:44 PM

actually roger does look quite young, see

#7 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:04 PM

Roger's just another guy who won the genetic lottery and thinks he has it all figured out. BFD.
  • Good Point x 1

#8 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:25 PM

Roger's just another guy who won the genetic lottery and thinks he has it all figured out. BFD.

Amen bro

#9 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 09:38 PM

So if every single human being in the world who looks healthy for their respective age has 'won the genetic lottery' then what is with this oh so amazing coincidence that they all have making extreme life-style choices that differ significantly with their peers in common? Genetic lottery a pigs ass!

#10 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:12 AM

So if every single human being in the world who looks healthy for their respective age has 'won the genetic lottery' then what is with this oh so amazing coincidence that they all have making extreme life-style choices that differ significantly with their peers in common? Genetic lottery a pigs ass!

They don't. Some people look great without extreme lifestyles. Some people have extreme lifestyles and don't look good. Lifestyle can certainly help, but it's not enough to entirely compensate for sub-optimal genetics. I'm just sick of all this worship of pretty people.

#11 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:39 AM

They don't. Some people look great without extreme lifestyles. Some people have extreme lifestyles and don't look good. Lifestyle can certainly help, but it's not enough to entirely compensate for sub-optimal genetics. I'm just sick of all this worship of pretty people.

There is no such thing as 'sub-optimal genetics' within the normal spectrum of humanity. Unless you have progeria or some other degenerative disease your genetics do not differ significantly from anybody elses. All of the people we cite on this forum who look younger than their respective ages have done something, made some life style choice that differs significantly from the average person. Next you will be arguing that their genetic superiority made them choose different life styles etc etc ad infinitum.

#12 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:46 AM

There is no such thing as 'sub-optimal genetics' within the normal spectrum of humanity. Unless you have progeria or some other degenerative disease your genetics do not differ significantly from anybody elses. All of the people we cite on this forum who look younger than their respective ages have done something, made some life style choice that differs significantly from the average person. Next you will be arguing that their genetic superiority made them choose different life styles etc etc ad infinitum.

More crazy talk as usual. Have you ever seen Durk Pearson and Sandy Shaw??? Boy they really looked younger than their peers.
Not.

Edited by immortali457, 28 October 2009 - 04:46 AM.

#13 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:59 AM

More crazy talk as usual. Have you ever seen Durk Pearson and Sandy Shaw??? Boy they really looked younger than their peers.
Not.

Didn't they not enter the life extension movement till they were well into middle-age? It has been highly discussed by members here that (for the most part) unless you start fairly young (below the age of 30 or so) you may not see the results you wish for. The people we discuss who generally look better than their peers have been practicing some form of extreme life style choices since at a very young age. Sylvester stallone, Jared Leto, jack lallane (who looked 30 at 50) and this guy have all started out fairly young. All of them have looked much better than most of their peers did at any given age, whether physically, facially or both.

#14 Dagon

• Topic Starter
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:29 PM

The people we discuss who generally look better than their peers have been practicing some form of extreme life style choices since at a very young age. Sylvester stallone, Jared Leto, jack lallane (who looked 30 at 50) and this guy have all started out fairly young. All of them have looked much better than most of their peers did at any given age, whether physically, facially or both.

What did Jared Leto do at a young age, as a matter of interest? He does look very young for an almost 40 year old dude.

#15 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:19 PM

The people we discuss who generally look better than their peers have been practicing some form of extreme life style choices since at a very young age. Sylvester stallone, Jared Leto, jack lallane (who looked 30 at 50) and this guy have all started out fairly young. All of them have looked much better than most of their peers did at any given age, whether physically, facially or both.

What did Jared Leto do at a young age, as a matter of interest? He does look very young for an almost 40 year old dude.

He has been a strict health vegetarian since he was a teenager. Never smoked, doesn't drink, eats raw food etc

#16 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 October 2009 - 05:54 PM

Twin study reveals secrets to looking younger
Sun, smoking, alcohol and stress can all add years to your face.
Oct. 22, 2009
http://www.msnbc.msn...eauty?gt1=43001

#17 Skötkonung

• 1,556 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:07 PM

Can we just admit that it is a combination of both? Lifestyle is extremely important to maintaining a young appearance, but so are genetics. If Jared Leto didn't watch his weight, wasn't active, and abused substances...do you think he would still look young? I doubt it. If Leto has good genetics for aging appearance, then he has his lifestyle to thank for allowing those epigenetic changes to thrive.

Maybe there are some people who are genetically unfortunate and just age badly, but even those people will benefit from avoiding sun damage, smoking, alcohol abuse, and weight management. For them, it could be the difference of looking "average" to "bad."

It's like people who have a tendency towards a large double chin. Sure they may be genetically pre-determined to store fat around their neck, but that doesn't mean that some lifestyle decisions (such as not allowing themselves to get fat) won't prevent that double chin from appearing in the first place.

Edited by Skotkonung, 28 October 2009 - 10:08 PM.

#18 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:35 PM

Can we just admit that it is a combination of both? Lifestyle is extremely important to maintaining a young appearance, but so are genetics. If Jared Leto didn't watch his weight, wasn't active, and abused substances...do you think he would still look young? I doubt it. If Leto has good genetics for aging appearance, then he has his lifestyle to thank for allowing those epigenetic changes to thrive.

Maybe there are some people who are genetically unfortunate and just age badly, but even those people will benefit from avoiding sun damage, smoking, alcohol abuse, and weight management. For them, it could be the difference of looking "average" to "bad."

It's like people who have a tendency towards a large double chin. Sure they may be genetically pre-determined to store fat around their neck, but that doesn't mean that some lifestyle decisions (such as not allowing themselves to get fat) won't prevent that double chin from appearing in the first place.

Skot, you are right that it's a combination. You will always be better off with a good lifestyle than with a bad one, but there are also some genetic traits that you really can't do much about with lifestyle mods. Most of these guys who look young seem to be light on androgens. They don't have as much body hair or as much acne, and they are less likely to be bald. It's hard to look like a teenager when you've lost half your hair. Most of these guys are kind of baby-faced, but bone structure, hair, and tissue distribution have a lot to do with that. Most of them are blessed with enough melanin that their skin wasn't wrecked before they were able to protect themselves. These are the kinds of things that I mean when I talk about winning the genetic lottery.

#19 Skötkonung

• 1,556 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:49 PM

Skot, you are right that it's a combination. You will always be better off with a good lifestyle than with a bad one, but there are also some genetic traits that you really can't do much about with lifestyle mods. Most of these guys who look young seem to be light on androgens. They don't have as much body hair or as much acne, and they are less likely to be bald. It's hard to look like a teenager when you've lost half your hair. Most of these guys are kind of baby-faced, but bone structure, hair, and tissue distribution have a lot to do with that. Most of them are blessed with enough melanin that their skin wasn't wrecked before they were able to protect themselves. These are the kinds of things that I mean when I talk about winning the genetic lottery.

In that case, I think we are in agreement.

Interesting observation about tissue distribution. Do some types of facial features age better than others? Asians have flat features and taught skin, and they seem to look younger for much longer. My girlfriend, who happens to be Asian, has skin that that is so thick and smooth that you can't pinch it away from her face between two fingers. Not even on the cheek. My skin is much looser, I can grab it and pull it away (which offers endless fascination to her). I don't have any wrinkles (yet) or much appearance of aging, we are the same age as well...our skin is just genetically different. She probably has a thicker dermis or more collagen? My guess is she will always look younger than me, though.

#20 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:08 PM

This young looking man Roger is on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/rogerhaeske

#21 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:18 PM

hes on facebook too by the way, on my friends list. If anyone wants to contact him that way :-)

Why is it all these raw foodists believe that sunlight is not harmful to the skin ? o.O

#22 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:08 AM

Okay but every single person we've discussed who actually looks better than their peers in their age group has had life style choices applied at a somewhat young age. I think everyone is epigenetically predisposed to looking much better if they apply life style choices!

#23 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:11 AM

isnt getting a CR mimetic about epigenetic changes o.O ! If genetically identical mice live 50% longer because of CR, then clearly lifestyle could be seen as powerful.

#24 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:30 AM

isnt getting a CR mimetic about epigenetic changes o.O ! If genetically identical mice live 50% longer because of CR, then clearly lifestyle could be seen as powerful.

EXACTLY. And those monkeys in the research study you pointed out looked far younger than their non-CR peers!

#25 FNC

• 152 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:06 AM

Why is it all these raw foodists believe that sunlight is not harmful to the skin ? o.O

It is interesting. I believe the quality of sunlight which is received plays a major role in it,
for instance, we know the Australian sun is very harsh, during summer, people get burnt in under 45 minutes.

In tropical countries however, the sun is present, but the incidence of cloud cover is greater, thus
the intensity is reduced considerably, speaking from experience.

The amount of substances to prevent oxidative stress in the diet plays a critical role as we know. I think
Roger said he can have 15 or more bananas in a day - so perhaps some clues lay herein.

#26 Chaos Theory

• 272 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:22 AM

Here is a link to his intro vid:

For most people here, he's basically telling you a lot of what you already know - lots of raw veg, reduce sugar and salt, excercise, lots of water, avoid unhealthy foods/smoking/alcohol... except there is one big difference. He's an advocate of natural sunlight for it's anti-aging properties!

In any case, it's worth watching because this guy does look pretty young for his age.

Am I the only one who doesn't think this guy's face looks young? With his clothes on he would look like a 40 year old in my opinion.

If you want to talk about impressive bodies, check out this profile on bodybuilding.com:
Posted Image

41 year old female

More impressive in my opinion, and she does it on a diet of meat and even sports a nice tan. What's even more amazing is that she didn't even get into fitness until her 30's.

Edited by Chaos Theory, 29 October 2009 - 04:25 AM.

#27 Matt

• 2,862 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:32 AM

as i already posted, roger with his clothes on LOL. He does have that 'boyish' kind of look o this video. I think the lighting in the other video made him look older...

Edited by Matt, 29 October 2009 - 04:33 AM.

#28 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:11 AM

Am I the only one who doesn't think this guy's face looks young?

Well in fairness he does have a nicer complexion than most people his age. I think it is the lack of facial volume that might make him look closer to his age in certain lighting conditons. Add a little volume to his face and I think he would easily look 10 years younger regardless of the lighting. In other words if he ate a little more! I'm sure his love of the sun contributes a little to collagen loss too.

#29 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:15 AM

Posted Image

What's even more amazing is that she didn't even get into fitness until her 30's.

Not as amazing as her boob job though! I almost didn't even notice it it's so god damned subtle! Is it possible she may have had botox injections as well? ya think?

#30 miklu

• 63 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 11:01 AM

As a cynic, I'd say it has to do with the fact that "naturalness" is a part of the raw-foodist memeplex. A person who believes that eating unprocessed ("natural") foods is good is vastly more likely to believe that being "naturally" in the sun must be good as well.

Nikolas Lloyd said it eloquently: "The equating of natural with good is a mistaken one. There was a time, when few people lived to see old age, and when people celebrated Man’s gradual triumph over the savage natural world. Nature was red in tooth and claw, and life for most was nasty brutish and short. Today, pampered middle-class idiots who have never known which years were bad for crops, let alone feared a bad harvest, have the ludicrous luxury of associating nature with goodness. To them, earthquakes and cuckoos, vipers and vampires are all good, because they are natural. Presumably unnatural things like schools, vaccinations, police forces, and photography must all be bad because they are unnatural."

Apparently Mr. Haeske is selling his lifestyle. In this light, the sun-enthusiasm could also be a marketing trick.

(Disclaimer: I'm not criticizing the raw-food diet, which has its merits, but only the ridiculous and dangerous claims about the healthiness of excess sun.)

Edited by miklu, 29 October 2009 - 11:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users