Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Piracetam non-responders

• Please log in to reply
438 replies to this topic

#301 strider

• 55 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:03 AM

thank you for the insight....this might be why i am getting tired with piracetam.

#302 cog

• 15 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 11:51 AM

I found this somewhere

Elevated corticosteroid levels block the memory-improving effects of nootropics and cholinomimetics.Mondadori C, Ducret T, Häusler A.
Ciba-Geigy Ltd., Pharmaceutical Research Department, Basle, Switzerland.

Oral pretreatment of mice with aldosterone or corticosterone blocked the memory-enhancing effects of piracetam, pramiracetam, aniracetam and oxiracetam in a dose-related manner, without, however, impairing the animals' learning performance. The improvement of memory induced by physostigmine, arecoline, and tacrine (THA) was similarly inhibited. The fact that elevated steroid levels suppress the memory-enhancing effects of entirely different substances could indicate that these substances have a common site of action. In the light of new observations showing increased cortisol concentrations in Alzheimer patients, this steroid dependency of the effects of memory enhancers might explain why only a limited number of these patients respond to therapy with nootropics or cholinomimetics.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#303 Mishael

• 139 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:05 PM

This thread has been going on for months and frustrated countless people. I just got my order today of the racetams plus sulbutiamine but my mom was like return it and I think she is right. I think I may just try vitamins like thiamine and niacin and perhaps again Sam-e. These racetams are synthethic bs created by humans who have absolutely no clue how the human body works and will never ever fully understand it as far as I am concerned for many years. It is better to stick with simple things of nature, water, exercise, good nutrition, temperance, abstemiousness. I like the natural stuff. These racetams are not in any way natural. They are just garbage created my man. Nature is smarter than man. I like orthomolecular, the use of natural substances to help humanity.
  • like x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#304 dustinw

• Guest, F@H
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:28 AM

This thread has been going on for months and frustrated countless people. I just got my order today of the racetams plus sulbutiamine but my mom was like return it and I think she is right. I think I may just try vitamins like thiamine and niacin and perhaps again Sam-e. These racetams are synthethic bs created by humans who have absolutely no clue how the human body works and will never ever fully understand it as far as I am concerned for many years. It is better to stick with simple things of nature, water, exercise, good nutrition, temperance, abstemiousness. I like the natural stuff. These racetams are not in any way natural. They are just garbage created my man. Nature is smarter than man. I like orthomolecular, the use of natural substances to help humanity.

Unfortunately nature is of the opinion that humans should die at 70 years old as well... at some point you'll need to try something unnatural.

#305 Mishael

• 139 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:20 PM

Unfortunately nature is of the opinion that humans should die at 70 years old as well... at some point you'll need to try something unnatural.

I am glad you brought that up. This thread seems in its death throes so a little digression...Now, one of my objectives in life is to enjoy what I do, take pleasure in my work and increase my happiness. Since, like I said, it will take countless years to understand the human body, there is little you can do to prevent death, however I do not discount the idea of doing what you can to make life good for you while here and if you enjoy looking into this subject fine. Having said that, more natural solutions, to me, seem really more promising than what these druggist are doing. Many people are waking up to that fact. Chemists and the like have been feeding us these man made chemical concoctions for years yielding bad effects, for example, phthalates, etc all in common things like shampoo and deodorant, drugs, you name it, etc. I am kind of venting, because I ordered some nootropics from Smart powders, my mom quickly told me, return it, so after days of doing research and it seems like the forums here are biased towards there use but at the same time you read so much about the dreaded "brain fog" and "irritability" and "depression" and "headache" and eventual ineffectiveness of the said products, my hopes just crumbled, it seems like these substances are more troublesome than was previously expected and not a real enhancer. Do you think, as mentioned in this thread that the problems are quality issues? Is Smart powders a good company or would Relentless Improvement be better or even something else?

Edited by Mishael, 06 August 2010 - 01:24 PM.

#306 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:01 PM

This thread has been going on for months and frustrated countless people. I just got my order today of the racetams plus sulbutiamine but my mom was like return it and I think she is right.

Listen to your mom.
  • dislike x 1

#307 Warrior

• 15 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:53 AM

I've seen mention of b1 and b6 for hypoaldosteronism but no follow through or mention of pyritinol or sulbutiamine. Why is this? Seems bmud has long term success and includes these. And they're amongst the safest recommendations in this thread

#308 EvertonP

• 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:39 AM

I just realized something last night: during the years that piracetam worked for me, whenever I drank beer, my kidneys would get to work amazingly fast and I would be urinating within about 20 minutes of the first beer and every 10-15 minutes after that if I kept drinking (and I know the frequent urination wasn't due to bladder issues because the amount of urine was large, very close to the amount that I drank), but now that piracetam does not work for me, I noticed that whenever I drink, my bladder takes much longer to fill up.
While piracetam worked I never had to wake up in the middle of the night to urinate, and I would urinate a lot while I was drinking. But now, I wake up in the middle of the night thirsty and with a full bladder, at least twice if I drank a lot.

I started looking into kidney function to see if something it produces or something that regulates its function could be what's out of whack but there's a lot to it, it'll take a few days or weeks. Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone already familiar with kidney functions that could shed some light on this theory?

#309 arvcondor

• 96 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:02 PM

I'm sure the answer to the following question has been posted elsewhere on this forum, if not this very thread, but I'm going to ask it again: If one is a piracetam non-responder, is it worth it to try the other racetams? Or do they all work so similarly that one is prohibited from all of them if he is from one?

My own experiences have been that it makes me foggier than usual. I don't like it.

#310 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:20 AM

^ That could be a dosage problem. This is simply conjecture, but in my case, I found my response to piracetam varied greatly until I figured out which dose was appropriate for me. I tried micro-doses, mega-doses and ultimately settled on about 1g before deciding that this is where I receive optimal benefits. It is possible though that you just don't respond well to it. Have you done much experimenting with dosages?

#311 arvcondor

• 96 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:18 AM

^ That could be a dosage problem. This is simply conjecture, but in my case, I found my response to piracetam varied greatly until I figured out which dose was appropriate for me. I tried micro-doses, mega-doses and ultimately settled on about 1g before deciding that this is where I receive optimal benefits. It is possible though that you just don't respond well to it. Have you done much experimenting with dosages?

I've tried dosages ranging from 800 to 2400. Both produced varying degrees of crappiness. Would a smaller (~400 mg or less) be a good idea?

#312 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:14 AM

I've tried dosages ranging from 800 to 2400. Both produced varying degrees of crappiness. Would a smaller (~400 mg or less) be a good idea?

Perhaps! Some people swear by micro-doses (~200mg). Try filling your piracetam scoop a quarter or half the way full for a couple days to see how you respond. It is possible though that you just won't ever respond favorably to it. Good luck!

#313 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:57 PM

Perhaps! Some people swear by micro-doses (~200mg). Try filling your piracetam scoop a quarter or half the way full for a couple days to see how you respond. It is possible though that you just won't ever respond favorably to it. Good luck!

I usually go lower than half the scoop. It's so hard to tell though whether piracetam is working. I also use the same scoop for aniracetetam and sulbutiamine powder i bought from smartpoweders. Shouldn't be too much difference in the weight of the powders so i should assume a full scope is a gram across them all.

#314 Ames

• 361 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:35 PM

I have a question:

Has anyone yet tried pregnenolone as a solution to potentiate racetams?

There was a fair amount of talk about potentiating or regaining racetam effcts, but little to no actual reports about what worked and what did not.

I have some loose theories about the possible synergy between racetams and pregnenolone, but if anyone can point to some studies I would very much appreciate it. I couldn't find ANYTHING that directly linked the action of the racetams to pregnenolone. Only a study that stated that piracetam had no effect once adrenal organs were removed from the animals in the study.

From a random site about pregnenolone that I have since lost track of:

Pregnenolone sulfate was found to stimulate acetylcholine release in the adult rat hippocampus. Acetylcholine release may be due to pregnenolone sulfate's negative modulation of the GABA (A) receptor complex and positive modulation of the NMDA receptor. While a modest increase in acetylcholine release facilities memory processes, elevation of acetylcholine beyond an optimal level is ineffective in doing so.

Almost exactly similar to the actions of the racetams, with the exception of the no racetam GABA modulation (at least from what Ive read about racetam GABA action.) Therefore, for the racetams to work to their full potential, they may depend on somehow recruiting pregnenlones modulation of the GABA(A) receptor as well as the NMDA receptor. Racetams work at the site of the AMPA receptor, no? However, you would always likely see some benefit, in terms of neuroprotection, from the modulation of AMPA receptor. But to get the full effect, pregenenolone may have to be abundant.

This may explain the reason why people get so many different reactions. For some it makes them tired. This is not indicative of an increased capacity for learning and memory, but a decreased one (like when your on a Benzo). This could be due to the small amount of pregnenolone being burned fast, and the GABA(A) receptor subsequently upregulating in response, similar to taking a Benzo. Also, keep in mind that positive modulation of the Benzo receptor causes Pregenolone to be formed. So, the GABBAA benzo receptors and pregnenolone are in a negative feedback loop.

Across the board, Pregnenolone seems to share many of the properties of the Racetams. Especially when you consider what exogenous chemicals the two molecules tend to inhibit the action of(benzos), and what they seem to potentiate(amphetamines, certain dissociatives) and so its reasonable to theorize that racetams somehow recruit pregnenolone to work. Of course it would likely be pregenolone actually antagonizing benzo action (GABA-A) when on piracetam, and therefore results would vary depending on the availability of pregnenolone in the body.

I think a worthwhile experiment would be to take adrenal support supplements for a week, and then take a racetam and see how it goes. The adrenal support regimen might include glandular extract, pregnenolone, and vitamin b5. I may give it a try soon, but if anyone has anything anecdotal to add in the mean time, I would appreciate it.

I realize I'm making some jumps in my logic here, but a theory has to be formed before it can be proven. I'd be interested in anyone's thoughts or new information.

Also, I would take the pregnenolone/glandulars in the morning, when pregnenolone is naturally highest in the body (as well as the corticosteroids).

Edited by golgi1, 28 October 2010 - 06:40 PM.

#315 Ames

• 361 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:16 PM

Also, if racetams do burn pregnenolone at a higher rate, then the side effects of chronic racetam use could manifest themselves as any disease that results from pregnenolone deficiency.

This could be a complete coincidence, but my knees seem to have transient pain in them since I started taking racetams a few days ago. Again, could be nothing. But the pain was there before I had even become aware of the possible pregnenolone factor. It wasn't just something I felt based on what I thought might occur.

From wikipedia:

Pregnenolone is a steroid hormone involved in the steroidogenesis of progesterone, mineralocorticoids, glucocorticoids, androgens, and estrogens. As such it is a prohormone. Pregnenolone is a GABAA antagonist and increases neurogenesis in the hippocampus.[1]

Now let me ask another question. If the process of pregnenolone antagonizing GABAA is continuous with neurogenisis in the hippocampus, and neurogenisis in the hippocampus is what the ultimate action of the racetams is, then do you think that the adaptive/accelerated hippocampal neurogenisis process would occur without increased pregnenolone uptake/useage by the brain?

Of course, the answer would be conjecture without a study to back it up. But I think the logic warrants the hypothesis.

Edited by golgi1, 28 October 2010 - 10:16 PM.

#316 Germs111

• 35 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 06:13 PM

I have trouble absorbing what I read, else I would go through this thread. So does anyone know what can increase Piracetam's efficacy and efficacy over time?

#317 Ichoose2live

• 200 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:34 PM

I have trouble absorbing what I read, else I would go through this thread. So does anyone know what can increase Piracetam's efficacy and efficacy over time?

The Racetams take 12 weeks for working at peak efficiency.

Nootropics that are synergics with Piracetam:
Ampakines, complement glutamatergic effects of Piracetam.
Creatine, increase ADP/ATP transport, synergic with Piracetam. Piracetam improved mitochondrial membrane potential and ATP production of PC12 cells following oxidative stress induced by sodium nitroprusside (SNP) and serum deprivation.
ALCAR - Cholinergic, Cellular Energy plus other complex mechanisms.
Hydergine - Vasodilator and powerful synergic effects with almost everything. In combination with a vasodilator drug, piracetam appeared to have an additive beneficial effect on various cognitive disabilities.
Deprenyl
Multivitamin

I also found that my Serotonin & GABA deficiencies attenuate Piracetam effects. My subjective experience says that my neurotransmitters deficiencies were the problems that caused non-response to Piracetam.

Edited by Ichoose2live, 03 January 2011 - 08:46 PM.

• like x 1

#318 Moddy2012

• 83 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:08 PM

I want you to do a test for me.

Get a flashlight.
Stand next to a mirror and turn all other lights off.
Shine the flashlight towards your eyes from the side, not directly.
Your pupil should become small.

Over the next 90 seconds, does your pupil remain small, without any variation? Or does it fluctuate, unable to stay small?

This is very important-- I think that I may have discovered what is causing piracetam to work so inconsistently.

Please post your results. 1) Does piracetam "work" for you? (you will know if it does, over a few weeks and taken consistently with a choline source) 2) What were the results of this short pupil reflex test? Did your pupils fluctuate or not?

Thank you.

I have used Piracetam and it has not done a thing for me. People claim its useful for ADD and focus, but I have used it for over 6 months along with Choline and nothing.

#319 nancy

• 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:56 AM

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone heard that Vitamin B complex will interfere with the Piracetam's long-term tolerance (I mean after couples of months usage of piracetam and you gradually lost the response to piracetam)?

I m interested in investigate the possibility or the mechanism of it.

#320 danr

• 4 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:47 AM

I suspect this thread is mostly dead by now, but for anyone new reading.

I've tried both first with Aniracetam and then Oxiracetam.

Incidentally at the time I was using Co-E1 (NADH) with some good affect, and subsequently started using Choline Bitartrate with quite good effects and the usual morning coffee. Probably should've left it there since the results were reasonably good (but not amazing) but decided to try and get my cognitive functioning better.

Aniracetam - Initial was slight headaches (first couple dosages), also bouts of confusion but also noticed improved processing speed and creativity. 2-3rd day with continued 750mg x twice daily administration this ended up being mainly brain fog. Could certainly tell there were some positive elements there but the brain fog/confusion/memory gaps persisted to the point it didn't seem worth it. I even tried reduced dosages (half caps ~300mg) twice daily - this made the positive effects less noticeable but still with brain fog = why bother.

Aniracetam's positive effects also seemed to very short lived and when they ran out (about 2-3hrs in) tiredness and serious inability to focus set in. This corresponded with what I've read regarding short half life.

Read that Oxiracetam had better half-life. Stopped the Aniracetam and changed to Oxiracetam after about 2 weeks. First dosage (750mg) - great no ill effects. Second and subsequent administrations 750mg twice daily yielded serious brain fog. Continued administration just seemed to leave me with negative effects.

I've concluded a couple of things here; they seem to 'amplify' effects of other vitamins/drugs - hence the increased/potentiating affects of caffeine and alcohol on these (don't like the alcohol effects - its not nice being drunk and clear headed). The NADH + coffee could be causing over stimulation - even Choline seems to have a sort of subtle stimulating effect on the mind for me.

I've stopped taking any racetams at the moment (feel a lot better though had a wicked headache for an entire day a few days after stoppping) - fine since. Going to re-try with two things here:

1. Stop all other supplements (for a few days). Take Oxi 750mg only. Will try tomorrow and see if this yields better results.

Wikipedia notes "nootropic potency is increased when taken with lecithin, choline, DMAE or other acetylcholine precursors" - perhaps using too much choline is potentiating the effects too much (less is sometimes more with chemicals).

2. Have ordered a better Choline source - Alpha GPC. Am awaiting this and will re-try as per (1) if brain fog/negative effects persist.

3. Have ordered L-Glutamine; sounds promising from a few people that this will address the fog. Based on this page (http://www.benbest.c....html#glutamate) -

"Possibly the most complicated of all neurotransmitter receptors is the NMDA glutamate receptor. There are at least 5 binding sites which regulate NMDA receptor activity, ie, sites for (1) glutamate (2) glycine (3) magnesium (4) zinc and (5) a site that binds the hallucinogenic substance phencyclidine (PCP, "angel dust"). Phencyclidine can induce psychosis"

Without having any sort of background in neurology, seems if some people have had success here - there could be something to it.

If none of this works, I think I'll pack it all in and take a leaf from most of the others and focus on some of the more natural substances (L-Huperzine A etc). I reckon sulbutiamine would be worth a shot especially given my positive experience with NADH as they're both derivative's of B vitamins. I suspect natural substances is where I'll end up at.. here's hoping though.

Anyway, my two cents.

#321 danr

• 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:52 AM

I've stopped taking any racetams at the moment (feel a lot better though had a wicked headache for an entire day a few days after stoppping) - fine since. Going to re-try with two things here:

1. Stop all other supplements (for a few days). Take Oxi 750mg only. Will try tomorrow and see if this yields better results.

Wikipedia notes "nootropic potency is increased when taken with lecithin, choline, DMAE or other acetylcholine precursors" - perhaps using too much choline is potentiating the effects too much (less is sometimes more with chemicals).

Results - Negative effects still present but very mild - mild fogginess that mostly cleared after about 2-3 hours though didn't feel particularly sharp for the whole day. No perceivable positive effects though I would expect positive effects to come only after cumulative doses. Will wait for weekend to try L-Glutamine with Oxiracetam.

#322 brain

• 148 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:06 AM

I just realized something last night: during the years that piracetam worked for me, whenever I drank beer, my kidneys would get to work amazingly fast and I would be urinating within about 20 minutes of the first beer and every 10-15 minutes after that if I kept drinking (and I know the frequent urination wasn't due to bladder issues because the amount of urine was large, very close to the amount that I drank), but now that piracetam does not work for me, I noticed that whenever I drink, my bladder takes much longer to fill up.
While piracetam worked I never had to wake up in the middle of the night to urinate, and I would urinate a lot while I was drinking. But now, I wake up in the middle of the night thirsty and with a full bladder, at least twice if I drank a lot.

I started looking into kidney function to see if something it produces or something that regulates its function could be what's out of whack but there's a lot to it, it'll take a few days or weeks. Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone already familiar with kidney functions that could shed some light on this theory?

I noticed similar stuff, I recently made a post about this in another thread. My guess is because it depletes aldosterons or similar hormones which regulate sodium levels and fluid retention. I suffered bouts of extreme dehydration that lasted weeks after quitting high-dose piracetam cold-turkey after over a year of taking it. Also worth mentioning, I had cognitive re-bound effects and was worse off than when I started.

Edited by brain, 07 March 2011 - 10:07 AM.

#323 juanjo_asdf

• 78 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:28 PM

Wow, what a thread.

I cracked my head with the piracetam inconsistency for years. It's quite a problem. When it worked, it was absolute magic, better than any other noot or drug out there by far. Things were so clear that it hurt!!!!

Low dosages, high dosages, fasting, juicing, pranayama, meditation, alcohol, cannabis, combinan cetams.

I've only had consistent results twice, and the first lasted about 6 months and the second around 4 months. Aside from that very inconsistent results and brain fog.

Higher dosages cause brain fog for me.

Will there ever be anyone that can get piracetam to work consistently. The one who does I will bow to.

Can anyone give me a brief summary of this long ass post, my piracetam is giving me brain fog.
  • like x 1

#324 danr

• 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:16 PM

Results - Negative effects still present but very mild - mild fogginess that mostly cleared after about 2-3 hours though didn't feel particularly sharp for the whole day. No perceivable positive effects though I would expect positive effects to come only after cumulative doses. Will wait for weekend to try L-Glutamine with Oxiracetam.

Some rather horrible negative effects in the 2-3 following weekdays; short term memory became shot to hell and my head felt a bit out of sorts (difficult to describe). I've also noticed that my ability to concentrate was worse i.e. read more than a 2-3 pages of a textbook without becoming bored and fed up with it (usually I can read for about 2-3 hrs before this happens). 4th and subsequent days memory has been better and my head is back to normal.

Alpha GPC has arrived and have started taking this daily. Will run with this for a week and consider retrying.

#325 Ichoose2live

• 200 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:14 PM

Some rather horrible negative effects in the 2-3 following weekdays; short term memory became shot to hell and my head felt a bit out of sorts (difficult to describe). I've also noticed that my ability to concentrate was worse i.e. read more than a 2-3 pages of a textbook without becoming bored and fed up with it (usually I can read for about 2-3 hrs before this happens). 4th and subsequent days memory has been better and my head is back to normal.

Alpha GPC has arrived and have started taking this daily. Will run with this for a week and consider retrying.

Effects of Alpha-GPC

Alpha-GPC increases Dopamine release and DOPAC content.

Alpha-GPC promotes ACh synthesis and release.

Alpha-GPC increases GABA release.

Alpha-GPC promotes PKC translocation.

Alpha-GPC enhances the capacity of Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone (GHRH) to produce HGH.

Alpha-GPC promotes slight to none increases of ChAT and AchE activity in young rats.

Alpha-GPC significantly increases inositol monophosphate formation. A-GPC increases the rate of phospholipid synthesis, including the phosphoinositides available for signal transduction at CNS level.

Alpha-GPC enhances the transduction of the receptor-mediated production of inositol phosphate and potassium-induced calcium mobilization.

Alpha-GPC slighty increases corticosterone plasma conentrations after acute and short-term administration.

In in vitro, Alpha-GPC increases transglutaminase and reduces cyclin D1 expression.

Alpha-GPC inhibits the ability of PITP-alpha to transfer phosphatidylinositol (PtdIns) or phosphatidylcholine (PtdCho) between liposomes. Alpha-GPC enhances the binding of PITP-alpha to anionic vesicles.
Strengthener of PITP-alpha-membrane binding with Alpha-GPC impair the phospholipid insertion/extraction process.

Edited by Ichoose2live, 12 March 2011 - 09:34 PM.

#326 caruga

• 514 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:37 PM

Wow, what a thread.

I cracked my head with the piracetam inconsistency for years. It's quite a problem. When it worked, it was absolute magic, better than any other noot or drug out there by far. Things were so clear that it hurt!!!!

Low dosages, high dosages, fasting, juicing, pranayama, meditation, alcohol, cannabis, combinan cetams.

I've only had consistent results twice, and the first lasted about 6 months and the second around 4 months. Aside from that very inconsistent results and brain fog.

Higher dosages cause brain fog for me.

Will there ever be anyone that can get piracetam to work consistently. The one who does I will bow to.

Can anyone give me a brief summary of this long ass post, my piracetam is giving me brain fog.

I know what you mean, but I think there is a pattern and when I figure out I'll post it, and Dan Brown can write a book about it.

#327 Ichoose2live

• 200 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:13 PM

OK, so I'm going to try something :)

1g Piracetam then 1 hour after, 1 Monster energy drink + 200mg L-Theanine. I'll try to learn about these drugs in less than 10 hours:
- Sulbutiamine
- Pramiracetam OR Pramistar
- Picamilon
- Hericium erinaceus OR Lion's Mane
- DM-232 OR DM-235 OR sunifiram
- IDRA-21
- PWZ-029
- MDL 26,479 OR Suritozole
- a5IA

Let's see how effective it works.

Edited by Ichoose2live, 12 March 2011 - 11:20 PM.

#328 fql

• 146 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:15 AM

I justed started Piracetam 4 days ago. It seems to be working and I took this test and I've responded to it.

I don't think this has any relation to Piracetam but I can't say because I never took the test before I started.

#329 Germs111

• 35 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 12:55 AM

Oxiracetam worked for me the first time I tried it but not any of the other times I tried it. In order to try to restore its effectiveness, I am going to stop taking it for three days then take it again after the third day of not taking it. I am also taking Vitamin C - one of the supplements that the original poster of this thread suggested to Piracetam non-responders (I am hoping this would apply to Oxiracetam non-responders). I really liked the cognitive improvements that I experienced the first time I tried Oxiracetam. I am schizophrenic whose positive symptoms are under control, by the way. Any suggestions?

Edited by Germs111, 15 March 2011 - 12:56 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#330 acantelopepope

• Topic Starter
  • 221 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:51 AM

Hey fellas,

Wow. The site looks a lot different than it did the last time I visited about 6 months ago.

I'm going to keep this brief. Remember how I had all those problems with Piracetam, Hypothyroidism, Depression, etc.? Well pretty much I've solved all the riddles of my own body to the point where I can not only function well but I am absolutely thriving. I always tried to stay anonymous while I was on this message board but I don't care anymore because I've come to peace with the health issues I was facing (and am still facing).

I am currently at the Tiger Muay Thai Kickboxing Camp in Phuket, Thailand, and will be touring as many other camps in Thailand as I can over the next three months. After returning to the United States, I will travel to Brazil to teach English and train at a number of different Brazilian Jiu Jitsu camps around the country with a group of fighter friends I’ve gathered. The story is only just beginning, and just like a good thriller there will be a number of twists, because that’s the kind of person I am right now. The topics I cover? So far I’ve blended personal narrative with a mix of stories, HD videos and reviews from around the world covering topics ranging from Muay Thai shin conditioning to the neuroscience of God.

That's an excerpt from www.millerwilliamsaction.com.

That's right, my name is Miller Williams. And you can learn a lot more about me on my website, which is growing rapidly.

I was reminded of this old thread because I was still subscribed to receive emails each time someone replied. I remember the hours I spent hunched over, eyes burning, head spinning, trying to dig through mountains of research like my life depended on it. I learned a fucking lot, but I realized that I wasn't getting anywhere. If you guys are interested, check out what I'm doing with my life now (the link to my website, www.millerwilliamsaction.com).

I still have all the research and knowledge I built up over months of studying this stuff. Another thing I didn't reveal back then? I am a premed student at the Claremont Colleges, CA. I'm 21. I was born in Oregon. On and on... Anyways, stop spinning your wheels already. Check out my blog and contact me through there if you have any questions. I haven't forgotten my experiments with Piracetam, they're just irrelevant to my life right now.

Later dudes,
Miller ("acantelopepope")
Attached File  header01.jpg   56.91KB   9 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users