Piracetam non-responders

• Please log in to reply
438 replies to this topic

#331 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:44 PM

Hey fellas,

Wow. The site looks a lot different than it did the last time I visited about 6 months ago.

I'm going to keep this brief. Remember how I had all those problems with Piracetam, Hypothyroidism, Depression, etc.? Well pretty much I've solved all the riddles of my own body to the point where I can not only function well but I am absolutely thriving. I always tried to stay anonymous while I was on this message board but I don't care anymore because I've come to peace with the health issues I was facing (and am still facing).

I am currently at the Tiger Muay Thai Kickboxing Camp in Phuket, Thailand, and will be touring as many other camps in Thailand as I can over the next three months. After returning to the United States, I will travel to Brazil to teach English and train at a number of different Brazilian Jiu Jitsu camps around the country with a group of fighter friends I've gathered. The story is only just beginning, and just like a good thriller there will be a number of twists, because that's the kind of person I am right now. The topics I cover? So far I've blended personal narrative with a mix of stories, HD videos and reviews from around the world covering topics ranging from Muay Thai shin conditioning to the neuroscience of God.

That's an excerpt from www.millerwilliamsaction.com.

That's right, my name is Miller Williams. And you can learn a lot more about me on my website, which is growing rapidly.

I was reminded of this old thread because I was still subscribed to receive emails each time someone replied. I remember the hours I spent hunched over, eyes burning, head spinning, trying to dig through mountains of research like my life depended on it. I learned a fucking lot, but I realized that I wasn't getting anywhere. If you guys are interested, check out what I'm doing with my life now (the link to my website, www.millerwilliamsaction.com).

I still have all the research and knowledge I built up over months of studying this stuff. Another thing I didn't reveal back then? I am a premed student at the Claremont Colleges, CA. I'm 21. I was born in Oregon. On and on... Anyways, stop spinning your wheels already. Check out my blog and contact me through there if you have any questions. I haven't forgotten my experiments with Piracetam, they're just irrelevant to my life right now.

Later dudes,
Miller ("acantelopepope")

Good to see you back dude. i couldn't come across anything on your site about what your regimen currently is. You must have some sort of health promoting regimen going on alongside your love of fighting and eating cockroaches? lol

For me too, nootropics were eventually fazed out. I found more success with looking after my body the correct way. I also use 4 or 5 supplements that have made a dramatic difference to my wellbeing. Nootropics tended to drain me of my energy after extended use.

Just for the record this is what I take each day...

Kanna
Fish Oil
Ecklonia Cava
Vit D (march-Oct)
P5P
Rhodiola Rosea
Ashwagandha
Catuaba

I does everything I could possibly want for mood, energy and cogntion. Alongside lots of exercise, a good diet and learning the art of being socialable of course!

Edited by HyperHydrosis, 15 March 2011 - 02:46 PM.

#332 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 05:20 PM

Hey fellas,

Wow. The site looks a lot different than it did the last time I visited about 6 months ago.

I'm going to keep this brief. Remember how I had all those problems with Piracetam, Hypothyroidism, Depression, etc.? Well pretty much I've solved all the riddles of my own body to the point where I can not only function well but I am absolutely thriving. I always tried to stay anonymous while I was on this message board but I don't care anymore because I've come to peace with the health issues I was facing (and am still facing).

I am currently at the Tiger Muay Thai Kickboxing Camp in Phuket, Thailand, and will be touring as many other camps in Thailand as I can over the next three months. After returning to the United States, I will travel to Brazil to teach English and train at a number of different Brazilian Jiu Jitsu camps around the country with a group of fighter friends I've gathered. The story is only just beginning, and just like a good thriller there will be a number of twists, because that's the kind of person I am right now. The topics I cover? So far I've blended personal narrative with a mix of stories, HD videos and reviews from around the world covering topics ranging from Muay Thai shin conditioning to the neuroscience of God.

That's an excerpt from www.millerwilliamsaction.com.

That's right, my name is Miller Williams. And you can learn a lot more about me on my website, which is growing rapidly.

I was reminded of this old thread because I was still subscribed to receive emails each time someone replied. I remember the hours I spent hunched over, eyes burning, head spinning, trying to dig through mountains of research like my life depended on it. I learned a fucking lot, but I realized that I wasn't getting anywhere. If you guys are interested, check out what I'm doing with my life now (the link to my website, www.millerwilliamsaction.com).

I still have all the research and knowledge I built up over months of studying this stuff. Another thing I didn't reveal back then? I am a premed student at the Claremont Colleges, CA. I'm 21. I was born in Oregon. On and on... Anyways, stop spinning your wheels already. Check out my blog and contact me through there if you have any questions. I haven't forgotten my experiments with Piracetam, they're just irrelevant to my life right now.

Later dudes,
Miller ("acantelopepope")

Good to see you back dude. i couldn't come across anything on your site about what your regimen currently is. You must have some sort of health promoting regimen going on alongside your love of fighting and eating cockroaches? lol

For me too, nootropics were eventually fazed out. I found more success with looking after my body the correct way. I also use 4 or 5 supplements that have made a dramatic difference to my wellbeing. Nootropics tended to drain me of my energy after extended use.

Just for the record this is what I take each day...

Kanna
Fish Oil
Ecklonia Cava
Vit D (march-Oct)
P5P
Rhodiola Rosea
Ashwagandha
Catuaba

I does everything I could possibly want for mood, energy and cogntion. Alongside lots of exercise, a good diet and learning the art of being socialable of course!

Some would consider a few of the supplements you are taking to be nootropics. I guess you have quit the synthetic ones. Do you think you may have recieved any long term benefit from using nootropics, despite the fact that they eventually did not feel like they were helping like when you started? I just started piracetam 10 days ago and so far it has been a mostly positive experience. I will be adding Semax soon. These natural substances(I take fish oil, ashwagandha, vitamin D and P5P-oops, not natural) help but are not going to give me the help that antidepressants and drugs like piracetam, semax, and maybe cerebrolysin likely will.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#333 enemy

• 154 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:09 PM

1g of fish oil has massively facilitated 800mg of piracetam.

#334 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:13 PM

Hi dude.

I was a being a bit cheeky there. I didn't quite mention the pharmaceutical that I was also taking. I also take agomelatine each night at 25mg for depression. I suppose this, mostly supplemental stack, is what I take for about roughly 50% of my daily wellbeing and energy.
I think it has taken me a good two/three years to finally arrive at this stack. It is quite nootropic in its nature I will agree. I also had success with piracetam for quite a while. I really enjoyed it for a time period but eventually it did feel like it depleted me. When it was actually working though it was awesome, I'll quite happily admit there was nothing better or nothing that could compare to it.
Due to its consistently unreliable effects in my case, I then moved onto other stuff, mainly pharmaceutical options. I tried quite a lot of shit over that time period, although there are a few I'd still like to try (pyritinol is one).

Anyway my reasoning behind each supplement for my stack is as follows:

Kanna: for depression and its relief of my OCD (great for this purpose and more effecious than SJW - SJW was too complicated with its multiple mechanisms!) - also it kind of enriches spiritually

Fish oil: for health, benefitting n-3/n-6 ratio, inflamation purposes.. A staple for most ppl I think?

Ecklonia Cava: Discovered this over at M&M, a guy called ex dubio made a thread about it. In terms of being an anti-oxidant I suppose it's in the same ball park as resveratrol and curcumin (although anyone could doubt its lack of human studies so its choice is not a sound one in comparison) but it apparantly comes with benefits to ED, memory (I can testify to both these effects for sure anecdotally) and circulation all linked to its AChEI properties (increased acetylcholine would have beneficial effects on all of these so its safe to say that it definitely has this property, well subjectively speaking from my experience). Curcumin is more impressive with its results in vivo, but I found its libido quashing effects a bit much too take. I suppose not so important for a girl.. she could enjoy the multiple health benefits and still have a great sex life, but for a guy who needs his tool pumped this got problematic for me (more so than a SSRI in my case). It really kills my libido in its tracks, stone dead. Not good. Hence my choice of Ecklonia. A kind of comprimise I suppose!

Vit D: I have read that supplementing this could potentially be quite unhealthy if you do it too much. I had my levels checked regularly though and kept them within an optimal range. I don't supose I really noticed anything that different about the fact that I supplemented with this one. It probably did me well though especially considering the miserable, grey, wet winter we just had here in the UK.

P5P: This one I suppose is a bit of a controversial one. I am pretty sure I came across a study or two showing it to be toxic when taken chronically each day at a certain dosage. I take 50mg every other night so I suppose it works out at about 25mg per night. I find in conjunction with Ecklonia it causes me to dream a lot more.They are more vivid and rememerable. Some are just donwnright totally weird, but I kind of like this aspect of it. Subjectively I notice an improvement in my wavering ADHD/OCD symptons when I start dosing regularly with this supplement. I do seem to become more functional, maybe this could be due to more efficient NT production or it could just be placebo. I do notice a difference though when I am at baseline. I have tried combining this with methyl-folate and TMG/SAM-e but they all give me pretty bad insomina unfortunately.

Rhodiola Rosea: Good anti-oxidant, good for energy, good for bodily function - an adaptogen that works in harmony with your body just like ashwagandha. It has always worked for me, taking just one tab in the morning at 300mg.

Ashwagandha: Much like the rhodiola, taken in the evening.

Magnesium: Taurine and Inositol: Taken each evening.

Catuaba: I discovered this recently, also over at M&M. Awesome herb for libido. Used only for this purpose. Not sure what else it does. It doesn't interact with my stack in any way, just slowly builds the libido and is pretty darn efficient at getting it to do a good level. I am thinking of bringing in Muira Puama and Yohimbine as well to accompany it. I already take Maca.

For cognition I suppose something like piracetam could always increase focus, if I really needed it. I always took it mainly for its effect on my mental energy and wellbeing (which I now get from the above). Due to how good it was when I trialled it, I would never cast it into the shadows completely. But yeah it was so unpredicatble I couldn't stick with it for that reason, it just made me very twitchy, impulsive, impatient and aggresive. It gave me a sort of hyper like effect where I would already be ahead of people when engaging in conversation. I would become snappy at them for being too slow. It wasn't a good thing. i suppose it would stil be great for studying though if I used it for this purpose. It didn't feel natural for me when it was having this effect on me, it was like someone was poking me or kicking me to hurry up in each social interaction. If its working for you though man that's great. Like I say it was excellent when it was working, almost hypomanic type of symptons. But very productive and not destructive in any way, for me anyhow.

I'd love to try those russian noots they sound awesome, maybe I will some day when I have a bit more money.

Anyway, take care.

Edited by HyperHydrosis, 15 March 2011 - 09:32 PM.

#335 tritium

• 384 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 09:39 PM

Well pretty much I've solved all the riddles of my own body to the point where I can not only function well but I am absolutely thriving.

Mind describing what you did to solve these problems? Also, are you currently taking any supplements?

#336 caruga

• 514 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:51 AM

To use a very broad metaphor, could putting (pi)racetam(s) in your system be like putting the pedal to the metal, taking the speed >100mph but not putting any extra fuel in the tank? It seems to be what it comes down to.

I had a course of 100g of piracetam, then a two month hiatus and now I've started again with a 500g pouch. As the previous time after initial high dosages over the course of a few days (it's probably more to do with the grand total consumption of piracetam, regardless of how long it took to reach that grand total). My vision feels gloomy and find it very difficult to rise from bed. Choline bitartrate 800mg (of bitartrate, not choline) + dmae bitartrate (1500mg, of bitartrate, not dmae) will often banish this feeling instantaneously and light feels bright and vivid, suggesting a strong correlation to ACh depletion (and no drawbacks at those dosages from those substances). I find it more effective as a reactive than preventitive measure--direct cossupplementation I'd guess is about a quarter at effective at staving off the "darkening" experience, as taking it after it happens. If it's anything like last time and it has been so far, I seem to respond to lower and lower dosages of piracetam as I take more, i'll soon be raeching the <400mg range again and hopefully will continue to receive benefits.

#337 Justchill

• 315 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:37 PM

Interesting thread, I may post my experiences.

I've been taking piracetam for 3-4 weeks now and it has been great. But since last week I have been experiencing some brain fog; and now it's constant brain fog; it feels like someone is squizing my brain, it's also difficult to concentrate; I have to concentrate in order to concentrate.

I don't know what caused this fog. Maybe the 600mg of choline citrate I added last week? Maybe the L-theanine I started this friday or maybe the drinking while being on piracetam (only during the weekends).

It scares me; today I haven't taken piracetam or choline and I still have the fog.. I'm going to stop for a while now, untill I feel normal again. Maybe I'll be trying some herbs first, as they seem safer...

cheers

#338 caruga

• 514 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:14 PM

Just recently I've been following a theory that the best way to take choline with piracetam is to increase free choline levels rather than ACh. Then let the body and brain control the conversion on an on-demand basis. I've only trialed it for two days but what I do is take a very high dose of choline bitartrate (3-4 grams, about 1 gram of pure choline) before bed, and get a good night's sleep. Then take a fat dose of piracetam in the morning. The theory is that when piracetam depletes ACh it will start converting more of the free choline into ACh. It's too early to say much except that I had massive fog today until I took piracetam, then everything felt clear as a lazer, clearer than piracetam has ever felt before. So far, so good.

#339 caruga

• 514 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:15 PM

Also high doses of cholinebit would initially make me a bit spaced out, but that no longer happens. Perhaps the body adapts and becomes more attuned to controlling how much choline it lets pass into the brain?

#340 Justchill

• 315 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:42 AM

I don't know, you're just playing trial and error with your body; doesn't that seem a bit dangerous? I worry about permanent negetive effects from piracetam / choline...

I've stopped piracetam for 3 days and since than I have a constant headache..

#341 fql

• 146 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:05 AM

I don't know, you're just playing trial and error with your body; doesn't that seem a bit dangerous? I worry about permanent negetive effects from piracetam / choline...

Take some choline and slowly quit.

#342 caruga

• 514 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:09 PM

Your other thread says brain-fog, not headache. People generally ascribe headache to high Acetylcholine levels and brain-fog to low levels, though I admit i've never ever had a headache off of cholinergic substances. Have you tried taking choline in isolation for a bit and upping the dose of it? A small amount of ALCAR accompanying it may help push the conversion along. If that doesn't work, you might want to set aside a few hours to read this whole thread (if you can overcome the brain-fog) which will put forward some ideas. There's no doubt it can imbalance neurotransmitters in some people, but with the right substances in your cache it should be trivial to rectify.

I wouldn't worry about what you're experiencing, it will probably balance itself out in the end. Or you could be just one of a few unlucky ones to have a very poor reaction to this widely-regarded-as-safe substance. :(

#343 Justchill

• 315 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:25 PM

Yeah I have some pressure on my brain, it is like a very small headache, and also concentration is difficult, but that starts getting better. I allready read this thread...

I'm going to try 1200mg choline citrate for a couple of days now and see..

#344 truboy

• 178 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 04:11 AM

In my case 4 egg yolks seems make PIRACETAM to make more consistent. It works from the 1st time i took it, with out any mega dosage. But egg yolks seems to help, i've read somewhere that you need cholesterol for PIRACETAM to work...

#345 truboy

• 178 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:30 AM

Caruga so how is your theory? you find better results taking choline in evening? separately from morning/day piracetam?

Just recently I've been following a theory that the best way to take choline with piracetam is to increase free choline levels rather than ACh. Then let the body and brain control the conversion on an on-demand basis. I've only trialed it for two days but what I do is take a very high dose of choline bitartrate (3-4 grams, about 1 gram of pure choline) before bed, and get a good night's sleep. Then take a fat dose of piracetam in the morning. The theory is that when piracetam depletes ACh it will start converting more of the free choline into ACh. It's too early to say much except that I had massive fog today until I took piracetam, then everything felt clear as a lazer, clearer than piracetam has ever felt before. So far, so good.

#346 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:11 AM

Progenolone + DMAE did bring good effect comeback,after i got depressed + very stupid from Piracetam effect.

but after a fews day effect not good enough to continue using Piracetam ,i still feel tired + depressed

my pupil test no fluctuate .

Theory about neurotoxic by over excited might be true,i feell duller + hard to focus or understand anything as time go by when on Piracetam

:( very sad ,i'm lost my job ,i can't sit down and do programming any.

here my thread that post about bag under eyes that might maybe releate to aderal gland insufficiency

http://www.longecity...ags-under-eyes/

Piracetam 400mg /day ,i think i have Bipolar Disorder also.

#347 absent minded

• 99 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 04:52 PM

What does this study mean? Can anyone read this and translate to layman? Could it possibly pertain to these latent negative experiences after chronic use?

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/20819285

A simple and rapid high-performance liquid chromatographic method for the separation and determination of piracetam and its four impurities, 2-oxopyrrolidin-1-yl)acetic acid, pyrrolidin-2-one, methyl (2-oxopyrrolidin-1-yl)acetate, and ethyl (2-oxopyrrolidin-1-yl)acetate, was developed. The separation was achieved on a reversed-phase C(18) Nucleosil column (25 cm x 0.46 cm, 10 microm). The mobile phase is composed of an aqueous solution containing 0.2 g/L of triethyl amine-acetonitrile (85:15, v/v). The pH of the mobile phase was adjusted to 6.5 with phosphoric acid at a flow rate of 1 mL/min at ambient temperature and UV detection at 205 nm. The developed method was found to give good separation between the pure drug and its four related substance. The polynomial regression data for the calibration plots showed good linear relationship in the concentration range of 50-10,000 ng/mL, 25-10,000 ng/mL, 45-10,000 ng/mL, 34-10,000 ng/mL, and 55-10,000 ng/mL, respectively, with r(2) = 0.9999. The method was validated for precision, accuracy, ruggedness, and recovery. The minimum quantifiable amounts were found to be 50 ng/mL of piracetam, 25 ng/mL of 2-oxopyrrolidin-1-yl)acetic acid, 45 ng/mL of pyrrolidin-2-one, 34 ng/mL of methyl (2-oxopyrrolidin-1-yl)acetate, and 55 ng/mL of ethyl (2-oxopyrrolidin-1-yl)acetate. Statistical analysis proves that the method is reproducible and selective for the estimation of piracetam as well as its related substance. As the method could effectively separate the drug from the related substances, it can be employed as a stability-indicating one. The proposed method shows high efficiency, allowing the separation of the main component piracetam from other impurities.

So what does that mean, current manufacturing methods produce these 4 impurities or what??

Here's another... http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/10708400

Piracetam (2-oxo-1-pyrrolidine acetamide (PAm)) may contain some structurally related impurities deriving from synthesis or degradation, mainly 2-oxo-1-pyrrolidine acetic acid (PAc). A rapid and sensitive Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectrophotometric method was developed for determination of possible impurities in piracetam. The results showed that the method was effective for the simultaneous determination of PAc in piracetam by FTIR spectrophotometry and may be a real alternative to HPLC. The apparent spectral resolution was first enhanced by using the Fourier self-deconvolution (FSD) method and the profiles were then fully deconvoluted by using a curve fitting procedure. FSD method followed by curve fitting allowed to evaluate quantitatively the areas under the pyrrolidine acetic acid peaks. Mixtures of known composition were used as standards to minimise errors due to the presence of both compounds in the same mixture. The detection limit of pyrrolidine acetic acid was estimated to be 0.1% with respect to piracetam.

Edited by absent minded, 15 December 2011 - 05:13 PM.

#348 nidhogg

• 66 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:07 PM

Well, an organic synthesis rarely go to absolute completion, there is always going to be residues in form of unused reactants, byproducts, optical isomers and whatnot. Its not exactly shocking news

#349 absent minded

• 99 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 05:16 PM

Okay that's cool I guess.

if piracetam is doing my life span a disservice, but if I live past 30 I still would have won over the risk-reward formula if it does help me get my life back on track... i'm a decade behind in social development and half a decade behind in the rat race. I could really use a communications skills enhancement.

#350 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:07 PM

I want you to do a test for me.

Get a flashlight.
Stand next to a mirror and turn all other lights off.
Shine the flashlight towards your eyes from the side, not directly.
Your pupil should become small.

Over the next 90 seconds, does your pupil remain small, without any variation? Or does it fluctuate, unable to stay small?

This is very important-- I think that I may have discovered what is causing piracetam to work so inconsistently.

Please post your results. 1) Does piracetam "work" for you? (you will know if it does, over a few weeks and taken consistently with a choline source) 2) What were the results of this short pupil reflex test? Did your pupils fluctuate or not?

Thank you.

Piracetam works fantastically for me, but only at high enough dosage, namely 5 GRAMS TWICE DAILY (TOTAL 10 GRAMS DAILY)

At dosages below this it does NOT work for me. At 800mg - 1600mg dosage range it induces severe drowsiness (sends me to sleep) but at the 5 grams BID dosage I do not get any drowsiness and have a focused energy that lasts all day.

And my pupils fluctuate when I do your test.

#351 zodiac

• 25 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:56 PM

@OP, acantelopepope - sounds like you're moving forward doing what you love - really cool, best of luck with it. However, just because the riddles you've faced and found the solutions to may be irrelevant to your life right now (as your website promo message says), that doesn't mean they are as irrelevant for the masses of curious people who will stumble upon this thread and read through all of it hoping to find some resolve.

To this end, I would highly suggest that you hop on here sometime and type 'em out (if even briefly) for the world to see.... since from what I gather, you aren't the type of person who would selfishly use others until you found your solutions and then disappear.. ;P As I'm sure you're well aware, no one really stands by people like that in the long run, heh... so if you care to portray yourself with a positive image for your peers on here to follow you, I would really suggest at least doing this much.

Tell us the rest of your story -- how your transformation from struggling to thriving came about. It will be ever so helpful for so many, both by way of a valuable anecdote to think about, as well as a proper closure to this long-standing discussion.. :)

---

Additionally for non-responders: Just wanted to add, from personal experience and anecdotes at the M&M forums, that racetams can notoriously accrue tolerance to themselves over time (for some x% fraction of people, at least) based on inherent differences in plasticity from person to person, perhaps - or even more specifically due to their NMDA-receptor-proliferation effects (essentially creating a constant low-grade "increase" in glutamatergic tone without enough GABA-ergic compensation) that some people are more sensitive to than others. If any non-responders are at a dead end with things to try, I'd suggest looking into ways of creating a constant low-grade ANTagonism in glutamatergic tone to go along with your racetam regimen and seeing what happens. Ways of achieving this would be via a low-dose flexible antagonist like memantine (5mg o.d. or b.i.d. - which doesn't compromise NMDA signaling, just helps maintain plasticity at such dosages...) or even something that supports GABA signaling prominently, such as a time-release "B-50 complex" (one I use here http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B000O2KLIK) that'll greatly enhance GABA-ergic transmission on its own. -- Either of these methods works wonders for me, but I am of course just an n=1.

If anyone else finds that this helps you get the full piracetam effects back, please update us on here!

Best,
-z

Edited by zodiac, 29 January 2012 - 06:10 PM.

#352 randomlex

• 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

I just did this test and I think it's not accurate at all. I believe the pupils fluctuate because of "micro-movements" (you can feel them when they happen, but you practically can't see them) - when I stay perfectly still and keep my eyes relaxed, unfocused and without ANY movement (a hard thing to do), the pupils do not fluctuate. I do not take Piracetam yet but intend to...

#353 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:19 AM

Would taking something like Propecia lower Aldo?

#354 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:09 AM

Should more discuss thread ,or any secret ?

Question still in unanswered ,and some summarized not confirm by paper at all.

More about NMDA receptor antagonist
I have tried them all including Memantine ,Acamprosate ,Magnesium

Magnesium is pretty weak it most do nothing except it lower overexciting effect ,like i have more calm,but i no longer took it becuase of my blood level raise a lot.

Memantine this one good ,it lower overexciting ,why i know ,if i not take it ,i have much more 3D environment +Very colorful,
but Memantine make environment more natural and flat ,color not bright any more ,so i not really enjoy Piracetam anymore ,so i stop Memantine .

this one come with question ,if Environment is very bright and 3D like game ,it meant overexciting ,so we should take Memantine to bring NMDA receptor back to normal level ?

Side effect of Memantine is joint pain ,anxiety ,lessen mood ,not enjoy any fun activity.

Acamprosate similar like Memantine with no side effect ,but some memory impairment.

We should have working solution ,rather than massing experiment and no conclusion

Please everyone for humanity.

Edited by Nootropix, 30 January 2012 - 06:27 AM.

#355 zodiac

• 25 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:09 PM

Additionally for non-responders:
Just wanted to add, from personal experience and anecdotes at the M&M forums, that racetams can notoriously accrue tolerance to themselves over time (for some x% fraction of people, at least) based on inherent differences in plasticity from person to person, perhaps - or even more specifically due to their NMDA-receptor-proliferation effects (essentially creating a constant low-grade "increase" in glutamatergic tone without enough GABA-ergic compensation) that some people are more sensitive to than others. If any non-responders are at a dead end with things to try, I'd suggest looking into ways of creating a constant low-grade ANTagonism in glutamatergic tone to go along with your racetam regimen and seeing what happens. Ways of achieving this would be via a low-dose flexible antagonist like memantine.

Even something such as a time-release "B-50 complex" (one I use here http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B000O2KLIK) will greatly enhance GABA-ergic transmission on its own. -- Either of these methods works wonders for me, but I am of course just an n=1.

Just wanted to add that memantine must be used in LOW dosage and not overly frequently (5mg once-dailiy max) in order to possibly counteract the racetam-induced tolerance properly, over the course of some time, like a week or longer.

^ B-50 Complex, on the other hand, seems to do this much more "noticeably" quickly for me, and thus makes for a more concise first-test, if one were going this route.

Edited by zodiac, 01 February 2012 - 07:14 PM.

#356 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:07 AM

I would agree on Piracetam tolerance by up regulate NMDA receptor beyond normal level

but has any other method to normalize NMDA receptor to normal level other than NMDA antagonism way ?

Just 5mg Piracetam make me very hyper right now and get bad effect ,stop PIR for a few day not help much to get NMDA to normal level.

#357 truboy

• 178 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:57 AM

Any more feedback on NMDA theory. Or personal experience with things that help piracetam to work?

In my case I found out that egg yolks, fat rich diet, lots of water, b vitamins, magnesium, trypothan make piracetam effects more consistent. Anybody else?

#358 Hyperspace21

• 110 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

My first post ( I had to post this); If piracetam doesn't work for you, try a VERY SMALL dose (10mg - 250mg) of Monosodium Glutamate, if you feel effects within 1.5 - 2 hours or earlier then It means that your NMDA receptor was below normal and needed to be excited.

This reflects on the working of piracetam on the brain by increasing oxygen uptake and optimizing the neuro-kinetic routes. Try the glutamate for alternate days for atleast 3 days, maximum 5 days. If the glutamate doesn't work then you could possibly have a vitamin deficiency or lack of acytylcholine with some restriction to your NMDA receptor. After the MSG (monosodium glutamate) experiment, try to incorperate more glutamates in your diet (if the experiment worked),
soy,
cheese,
regular salt (which might have caused the misconception of aldosterone defficiency)
or MSG in very strict and restricted low amounts.

You can also try ashwagandha if all else Fails.

WARNING!!! Do Not Consume Too Much Monosodium Glutamate, It may cause obesity or asthma along with excitoxicity. (it's safe to humans but do not consume too much)

This worked for me, now I'm enjoying the complete effects of piracetam, including saturated vivid vision, enjoyable crisp music, sharp and clear vision/thoughts; and overall happy moods. (with some occasional inhibited effects). Post your results here.

Edited by Hyperspace21, 11 February 2012 - 08:35 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#359 randomlex

• 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:31 PM

Would L-Glutamin work instead?

My first post ( I had to post this); If piracetam doesn't work for you, try a VERY SMALL dose (10mg - 250mg) of Monosodium Glutamate, if you feel effects within 1.5 - 2 hours or earlier then It means that your NMDA receptor was below normal and needed to be excited.

This reflects on the working of piracetam on the brain by increasing oxygen uptake and optimizing the neuro-kinetic routes. Try the glutamate for alternate days for atleast 3 days, maximum 5 days. If the glutamate doesn't work then you could possibly have a vitamin deficiency or lack of acytylcholine with some restriction to your NMDA receptor. After the MSG (monosodium glutamate) experiment,  try to incorperate more glutamates in your diet (if the experiment worked),
soy,
cheese,
regular salt (which might have caused the misconception of aldosterone defficiency)
or MSG in very strict and restricted low amounts.

You can also try ashwagandha if all else Fails.

WARNING!!! Do Not Consume Too Much Monosodium Glutamate, It may cause obesity or asthma along with excitoxicity. (it's safe to humans but do not consume too much)

This worked for me, now I'm enjoying the complete effects of piracetam, including saturated vivid vision, enjoyable crisp music, sharp and clear vision/thoughts; and overall happy moods. (with some occasional inhibited effects). Post your results here.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#360 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:20 AM

I've been off of caffeine for 1 week. Now that I'm caffeine free, piracetam no longer gives me irritibility! Woo-hoo :) Lets hope this continues!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users