Photo
- - - - -

Centrophenoxine vs DMAE

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:24 PM

i can't feel anything with Centro to be honest, its rather hard to evaluate its effects at the moment. Oh i definitely would like to feel something, so i guess stimulants are they way to go. I've seen people say they can feel DMAE so perhaps i should give it a shot, just can't decide between source naturals and Now products.

#32 thedevinroy

• 1,188 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:37 PM

i can't feel anything with Centro to be honest, its rather hard to evaluate its effects at the moment. Oh i definitely would like to feel something, so i guess stimulants are they way to go. I've seen people say they can feel DMAE so perhaps i should give it a shot, just can't decide between source naturals and Now products.

Yeah DMAE you can feel. I like taking it sublingually in tartrate form (from Beyond A Century, an inexpensive Maine company, orders always arrive early or on time). Doses I felt something at were 350mg of DMAE tartrate. Trouble is that DMAE is quick onset and quick to die. I think that's why analogs were created like Centrophenoxine. Centro is from what I understand like time released DMAE. You have to take a lot of it to feel the DMAE for that reason. How much are you taking?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:28 PM

Yeah DMAE you can feel. I like taking it sublingually in tartrate form (from Beyond A Century, an inexpensive Maine company, orders always arrive early or on time). Doses I felt something at were 350mg of DMAE tartrate. Trouble is that DMAE is quick onset and quick to die. I think that's why analogs were created like Centrophenoxine. Centro is from what I understand like time released DMAE. You have to take a lot of it to feel the DMAE for that reason. How much are you taking?

i take like 2 centro pills which adds up to 500 mg. So you saying i need to take alot of them to feel it? How much of centro roughly would that be?

#34 thedevinroy

• 1,188 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:17 AM

i take like 2 centro pills which adds up to 500 mg. So you saying i need to take alot of them to feel it? How much of centro roughly would that be?

Not sure. Some people take twice that much. According to this study (http://www.ncbi.nlm....v/pubmed/120108), 50mg/kilogram is the optimum level of Centro. I think the average guy is 60kg, so that's 3 grams.

#35 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:25 PM

Not sure. Some people take twice that much. According to this study (http://www.ncbi.nlm....v/pubmed/120108), 50mg/kilogram is the optimum level of Centro. I think the average guy is 60kg, so that's 3 grams.

wow dat wud mean i wud have to eat like 12 of the pills cus they 250 mg each, : /

#36 thedevinroy

• 1,188 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:19 PM

wow dat wud mean i wud have to eat like 12 of the pills cus they 250 mg each, : /

You could...

#37 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 03:46 PM

You could...

just did, got a weird stomach , feeling , like a hugh burp stuck inside. Then the next 45 mins i felt sleepy, now 2 hours later im back, Not sure i can say i felt good or stimulated. Maybe i shud give DMAE a go, since i need less of that

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#38 thedevinroy

• 1,188 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:55 PM

You could...

just did, got a weird stomach , feeling , like a hugh burp stuck inside. Then the next 45 mins i felt sleepy, now 2 hours later im back, Not sure i can say i felt good or stimulated. Maybe i shud give DMAE a go, since i need less of that

Thanks for being an adventurer! Damn, sorry to hear that. Those people taking the test at 50mg/kg must have had one hell of a time...

Centro is better for removing lipofuscin in studies, but I guess DMAE is where it's at in terms of a feeling of effect. It is $4.75 ($5 S&H) per 100 grams at Beyond a Century... cheapest I've found it in that volume. Might want to take it with TMG, as it would counteract any de-mthylation DMAE might cause. See thread, here: http://www.longecity...49995-dmae-tmg/ And this guy seemed to like the combo, especially: http://www.longecity...dpost__p__37926

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users