Photo
- - - - -

Jaw size.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Decro435

• 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:08 PM

Is there any way I could increase my jaw size?. I would love to have a more profound jaw, I believe it is a sign of masculinity.

But, is it actually possible to increase jaw size?, will exercising certain muscles create a more defined jaw line?.

Thanks.

#2 Blue

• 1,104 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:19 PM

A beard is the traditional solution. A shaved scalp will increase the contrast to the rest of the head and make the beard look more prominent.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 NickCage

• 40 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:33 PM

Human growth hormone, testosterone, testosterone transdermal gel or DHT gel applied directly to the jaw....I know prolonged growth hormone excess thickens the bones of the jaw

#4 M4Y0U

• 108 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:45 PM

uppercuts

#5 lunarsolarpower

• 1,323 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:10 AM

Exercising isn't going to do it for you. If you're fairly young - 12 years old or younger a functional orthopedic appliance made by an orthodontist might be able to help. After that you're looking a surgical solution such as a bilateral sagittal split osteotomy (sliding the lower portion of the jaw including all the teeth forward) possibly with a genioplasty (sliding just the tip of the chin forward). Here's a great overview of what is possible. Often times medical insurance will cover the BSSO if there is a functional deficit. However the genioplasty is likely to be considered elective and will almost always have to be paid out of pocket.

#6 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:24 AM

Growth hormone and androgens. Both of which you can increase through exercise, though, from my experience this exercise should be done when young. Look at children who come out of sports mad families. Even if their parents are weak looking, they're always strong jawed and large boned in general. I postulate that it's all the excellent hormones they had the benefit of by being brought up the right way: lots of sport, preferably footy.

#7 Sebastian

• 45 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:31 PM

uppercuts

hahahaha

trying to deep throat a missile?

#8 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:05 PM

A beard is the traditional solution. A shaved scalp will increase the contrast to the rest of the head and make the beard look more prominent.

lol

Don't forget to make a manly face!

Posted Image

Edited by TheFountain, 22 February 2010 - 06:06 PM.

#9 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:11 PM

Human growth hormone, testosterone, testosterone transdermal gel or DHT gel applied directly to the jaw....I know prolonged growth hormone excess thickens the bones of the jaw

Actually DHT can make the entire lower jaw grow, not just the chin. This could give a very aesthetically unpleasing squarish/oldish appearance.

Edited by TheFountain, 22 February 2010 - 08:11 PM.

#10 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:11 PM

Actually DHT can make the entire lower jaw grow, not just the chin.

Seriously? More details on this?

Just out of curiousity.

#11 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:42 AM

Actually DHT can make the entire lower jaw grow, not just the chin.

Seriously? More details on this?

Just out of curiousity.

Why of course. Here you go.

And a picture (although I think the '54' year old image looks closer to 74).

Posted Image

#12 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:05 AM

It doesn't say anything about DHT.

#13 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 01:09 AM

I've removed a few posts. Keep it civil

#14 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 01:56 AM

I've removed a few posts. Keep it civil

You seem to have removed the wrong ones.

#15 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 01:56 AM

Well I wouldn't really worry about a square jaw if the rest is in harmony

i.e.: Posted Image

I just was surprised about DHT (so is that really true?) and overal surprised that lower jaw continues growing at all as bones seems to stop growing when the "plates" are closet at the end of the puberty.

#16 chris w

• 740 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:43 PM

Actually DHT can make the entire lower jaw grow, not just the chin. This could give a very aesthetically unpleasing squarish/oldish appearance.

So if somebody is popping DHT suppressors, then his jaw will ... what ?

#17 sentrysnipe

• 491 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:52 PM

nothing. let's safely assume your plates are already closed, since somebody is taking 5-ARi's and doing so during puberty is a big no no.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#18 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:17 PM

nothing. let's safely assume your plates are already closed, since somebody is taking 5-ARi's and doing so during puberty is a big no no.

I've red somewhere that that "plates" thing doesn't really apply to face. Actually facial bones may enlarge/decrease/change shape if the stimulus is applied, like the one with an apparatus to relocate your teeth or change the shape of a "ridge" your teeth forms naturally..
Oh, and when you look at some of the professional bb'ers, who are on a high doses of hormones - some of them has quite an interesting changes in head/jaw/overall face size lol...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users