Photo
- - - - -

picking a better sunscreen?

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#91 rashlan

• 124 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:54 PM

How stable are Tinosorb S and M when combined with Octocrylene? There is just no way in hell I can go round reapplying sunscreen every 2 hours during a normal day at the office....

Hi, Both are photostable, Other sunscreen ingredients cannot degrade them.

Yeah but does that mean reapplying is not needed?

As long as you don't rub your face, get wet, sweat lots or have very greasy skin it shouldn't need reapplying. It's just a choice your going to have to make.

#92 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:26 PM

Looks like Soltan Once SPF30 still contains Optisol

Soltan Once Face SPF30 contains Optisol, an innovative new ingredient that provides double sun protection. It reduces the amount of UVA & UVB light entering the skin and also counteracts immediate damage from the free radicals that contribute to skin skin ageing. One application of Soltan Once Face SPF30 provides protection for upto 6 hours.

But its only SPF30...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 06:58 PM

I'm confused about the anthelios fluide. Which one has the mexoryl and which one has the U.S patented ingredients?

#94 Mia K.

• 176 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:36 PM

I'm confused about the anthelios fluide. Which one has the mexoryl and which one has the U.S patented ingredients?

TheFountain,

The US Anthelios s/s have the spf number in their name, i.e., "Anthelios 60 sunscreen fluid" (no Mexoryl SX or XL.  Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 15%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 5%, Oxybenzone 6%.); "Anthelios 15 sunscreen cream" (w/ Mexoryl SX); "Anthelios 45 sunscreen cream" (w/ Mexoryl SX).  There's also the US approved "Anthelios SX" which is labelled a "daily moisturizing cream with sunscreen."  A quick search at DermStore.com under La Roche-Posay -> Anthelios will show you the US offerings.

The European s/s containing both Mexoryl SX and XL generally have "XL" in their name, and the liquidy ones are called Fluide Extreme.  You'll find "Anthelios XL fluide extreme spf 50," for example.   The "Anthelios AC fluide extreme spf 30" also contains both Mexoryls  A search at pharmacymix.com will show you the Euro products.

Hope this is of some help and that I haven't further confused things!

Best, Mia

#95 maralyn jones

• 5 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:26 AM

Its very nice and chemical free as it keeps my skin smooth....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users