• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Space-Time Continuum

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 123456

• 295 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 03:57 PM

According to Albert Einstein one of the greatest, if not the greatest, scientist who ever existed; (relative) time travel is possible.

My question for you smart people is; If an individual was to be born in outer space, far from any galaxy, would he/she age faster than us on earth? Since the galaxies, Earth is moving at such a fast pace, we age slower, right?

Is it possible with our current technology to thrust someone or even non living matter into the future?

Here is an article which tells of " Albert Einstein And Nikola Tesla " taking part in mysterious, highly possible Time Travel, experiment which many presumedly lost their lives.

Taken from Internet Site: " http://www.abovetops...iladelphia.html "

THE PHILADELPHIA PROJECT
PROJECT RAINBOW AND THE USS ELDRIDGE

In July 1943, the destroyer U.S.S. Eldridge pulled into the Delaware Bay area for a United States Naval experiment that involved the task of making the ship invisible. The project's official name is Project Rainbow, but was nicknamed and more commonly known as the Philadelphia Experiment.

Much has been written and speculated about the legendary experiment into invisibilty, but sorting fact from fiction is a near impossible task, especially with the recent influx of misinformation and deliberate disinformation that has been spread by those connected to the U.S. Intelligence community and professional skeptics.

There is much controversy over what exactly happened, but one thing is for sure. For some reason, soon after the test was completed, a massive blanket of secrecy and denial was placed over what happened in Delaware Bay. It is thought that a huge scientific breakthrough was made, and the ship was accurately transported over space and time, disappearing in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and reappearing in Norfolk, Virginia. Whatever did happen is still not known, but different theories are discussed below:

The "Official" Navy Record

The Navy admits that the U.S.S. Eldridge took part in an experiment that involved wrapping wire around the hull of the destroyer in an attempt to cancel out the magnetic fields of the metal on the ship. This is known as degaussing. This would render the ship "invisible" to underwater magnetic mines that rely on proximity sensors to trigger the detonation. These sensors operate by detecting magnetic fields around ships. Without the magnetic field, the ship would be able to pass through regions mined with these sensors, invisible to enemy mines, but not to radar or vision.

The Navy's report is very plausible, and doesn't mention any exotic results or circumstances. But could this just be a believable account to drop the interest by the general public, leaving only the true minority of investigators in doubt?

Physical Invisibility

Some scientists have developed the theory that the Navy was working on a way to make the ship invisible to vision. However, it didn't involve warping space time or any complex task of a similar nature. This theory suggests that the Eldridge was equipped with high frequency generators that would heat up the surrounding air to cause a mirage, making the vessel invisible.

This phenomenon is naturally occurring, and there have been cases where entire islands have disappeared from view in the right weather conditions. The high frequency generator would heat up the surrounding air and the water (creating a green-colored fog that was said to have engulfed the ship), causing a mirage to form, concealing the ship from view.

The generator would also account for the sickness (physical and mental) of the crew after the experiment. A high freqency generator can cause serious harm to a person's wellbeing, especially at close range. This is more plausible than the degaussing theory, and would also explain the crew's sick condition as a result of the test.

The main problem with these theories though, is that it doesn't explain how the U.S.S. Eldridge was seen in Norfolk, Virginia by the civilian crew of the SS Andrew Furuseth, when the ship disappeared from view in Philadelphia in a space of only about fifteen minutes. There are also details such as crewmen being fused to the hull of the ship and some not even reappearing.

Transported across space and time?

The most interesting theory about the Philadelphia Experiment is that the destroyer did in fact disappear and was teleported across space and time. Supposedly, there was a great number of ingenious scientists (including Tesla and Einstein) that were taking part in the experiment. However, Nikola Tesla was supposed to dead at the time of the Naval experiment.

The theory is that light has to be bent around the ship to make it invisible. To accomplish this, the Navy wrapped the ship's circumference in wire and passed a measured current through it. This caused a huge oscillating magnet to form a magnetic field around the ship, not only bending the light, but space and time as well. The physics of the experiment are reminiscent of Einstein's Unified Field Theory that once you bend light, you are also unwittingly bending space and time as well.

The first time this experiment was undertaken, the ship didn't completely disappear, and an imprint of the hull could be seen sitting in the water. The second time, the ship totally disappeared in a green fog and was sighted in Norfolk, Virginia.

A haunting fact is that when the ship reappeared, the crew were all in a state of disorientation. Some were mentally ill, while other crewmen didn't even return. There were also crewmen that returned embedded in the hull. Later accounts arose about the crewmen, including a former crew member who was involved in a bar fight, and all the participants froze in time, as reported by a local newspaper! There were also accounts of people who were on the ship, spontaneously combusting.

The mystery remains

It is still not known what happened that day in 1943, mainly due to the lack of witnesses coming forth who served aboard the Eldridge. There is also no documentation available to the public which details Project Rainbow. It may have simply been a degaussing experiment. But how did the destroyer appear seconds later in Virginia? Its possible the answer will never be known, but the mystery may be solved when scientists rediscover what happened in Delaware Bay.

Edited by 123456, 29 September 2004 - 04:50 PM.

#2 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 10:32 AM

The philadelphia experiment is an ok movie. I last saw it about 5 years ago.

And yes, a person in outer space far from any galaxies would age slightly faster relative to us. However the difference would be extremely small. Relativity doesn't tend to become overly important until you get close to the speed of light, or near a VERY massive object (aka black hole). The tiny mass of the earth hardly does a thing.

The most powerful magnets ever made all put together would have even less of an effect than the earth.

#3 123456

• Topic Starter
  • 295 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 02:54 PM

Possibly this is the real USS Eldridge. Keep in mind; Governments can cover up anything they want (for example; this could be a separate ship which was built to secretly replaced the USS Eldridge); perhaps not. Here are some peculiar facts such from those who served on her.

Excerpt taken from Internet Site: " http://www.think-abo...f_the_uss_e.htm "

George Pantoulas Presents

An Interview with Two Naval Officers Serving Upon the A/T Leon (ex USS Eldridge)

George Pantoulas: Gentlemen, when you served on the A/T Leon did you know that the ship was connected with the Philadelphia Experiment?

"A": Yes, of course. Almost everyone in the Greek Navy knows that the A/T Leon was the USS Eldridge, the ship that was used in the Philadelphia Experiment in 1943. We have known this story since we were cadets in the Naval Academy. So I was very curious to check the whole story myself when I was dispatched as the captain of the ship.

"B": Yes, I know this story. For many years we have known the connection of the ship with Philadelphia Experiment.

George Pantoulas: Did you ever notice anything strange occur on the ship during your service there?

"A": Well, nothing weird I can say, if you mean that. But there are few things that we could call as strange. First of all when I checked the logbook of the ship I found something very unusual. As you know logbooks on every ship is something...let's say that is sacred. No one can change anything writing in the logbook. So I was surprised when I found that the pages of the logbook which referred to the date of the Philadelphia Experiment and some days before and after were missing. Somebody had cut out all these pages. I asked the three previous commanders of the ship about this and all of them told me that the pages were missing since the ship came to Greece and became a Greek Naval unit.

During my service on the A/T Leon I had some reports from crew members stating that they had seen something mysterious like an illusion (i.e. some type of ghost), or they reported that they were missing things (objects, possessions), nothing of value which would suggest that a thief was onboard. Usually they would find the lost objects after a couple of days in a different place than they had placed them. We used to make jokes between us about the "ships ghosts" that changed the place of things. Also there was some reports about a greenish glow that sometimes covered the ship during the night but I did not see this myself.

"B": I agree with all the things that the captain has said. Well, I want to add something more. The first thing that impressed me when I took over the ship as the first engineer was an enormous amount of wiring, I mean there were cables which started from nowhere and ended nowhere. As I found out later, all this stuff seems to be the remains of the electrical machinery that was used on Philadelphia Experiment aboard the ship.

The second strange thing that I noticed was a kind of vibration along the whole ship even if everything was shut down (i.e. when we were doing repairs in the dry dock). Once I felt it myself and my first thought was that it was an earthquake. I checked and there were no earthquakes reported in the area (at that time).

George Pantoulas: Do you think that all these incidents have anything to do with the Philadelphia Experiment?

"A": I don't know, but it is possible.

"B": Yes, I think that all these things are connected with the Philadelphia Experiment. Maybe a part of the energy field that was used during the experiment is still with the ship.

These are the answers from the two officers who spent some of their career aboard the A/T Leon - ex USS Eldridge .............. George

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 123456

• Topic Starter
  • 295 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 12:23 AM

Ok, on the atomic level electrons orbit around the proton, and if applicable, the neutron also. Does the electron contribute to us traveling through time by orbiting? A much simpler question is; will a neutron or proton freeze in time, if that sorth of thing is possible, without the effects of various forces acting on it? Another Question; How about hadrons, do they move?

#5 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 04:38 PM

If an individual was to be born in outer space, far from any galaxy, would he/she age faster than us on earth?

It can be assumed that the whole system of the "human" from the other galaxy would be different so probably they will have a way different lifespan too.

Is it possible with our current technology to thrust someone or even non living matter into the future?

All we can thrust to the future which is more than picoseconds forward than the current time (or something like that) is light, as you know it is the fastest thing known to us. If we could fly out of the earth in the speed of the light we could fly VERY far and return in what is seem to us only few minutes but in the mean time years have already passed upon the eath, which means flying to the future without a way to return. Sounds spooky, but it will save us few years of youth...

All that is a general education of mine, I didn't check it out, but it sounds quite reasonable.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#6 thanatos

• 19 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 12:59 AM

I dont understand, how could moving very quickly cause you to age much slower than everything around you? If it only took you minutes to travel very far then how does such a major time difference happen?

I apologize for my ignorance,
Thanatos

#7 kraemahz

• 157 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 02:42 AM

It's relativity, Einstein stuff. It says quite a few things about matter, actually. In relativity, everything is, well, relative to the amount of energy you have, the speed at which you are moving relative to light (which is the upper ceiling of movement), the closeness you are to a massive body. A few things happen to a space-ship as it approaches light speed: time -> 0, length -> 0, and the energy required to speed up -> infinity. Essentially, matter cannot exist at light speed. Can't answer WHY though, you'd have to ask someone who's taken a few advanced physics courses. It has something to do with how matter warps spacetime, but that's so vague as to be useless.

#8 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 07:59 PM

Hehe, I was thinking about it, it is possible to fly to the future and even to the past-
To the future- you can fly somewhere which the time over there is preceding the time of where you live, and if youll add the number of the hours of fly over there it'll still be after the place you are going to...
To the past- you can fly somewhere which the time over there is behind the time of where you live, and if you'll add the hours of flying there to the time of where you live, it'll still be behind the time of where you live...
Heh, but that in contra, won't help you earn more years [tung]

~Infernity

#9 susmariosep

• 1,137 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 11:10 PM

Eating and eliminating

There is this matter of eating and eliminating that is always in my mind whenever I read about time travel and also religious stories.

If you guys in science fiction on the one side and religion on the other can attend to the details of my physiological quintessence of eating and eliminating, then I will congratulate you on finding the solutions to time travel and such things as Nirvana and Kingdom of God.

Otherwise I will always be harshly skeptical and maintain that you guys are glossing over things which you should always attend to, like when those guys who successfully effected space travel for astronauts and cosmonauts and allow them to stay in space, at least so far as of today.

Susma

#10 JMorgan

• 645 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 01:29 AM

If an individual was to be born in outer space, far from any galaxy, would he/she age faster than us on earth?  Since the galaxies, Earth is moving at such a fast pace, we age slower, right?

I don't see how it matters where we are. We would all age at the same rate.

If we could fly out of the earth in the speed of the light we could fly VERY far and return in what is seem to us only few minutes but in the mean time years have already passed upon the earth.

How could moving very quickly cause you to age much slower than everything around you? If it only took you minutes to travel very far then how does such a major time difference happen?

Let's follow this for a moment, assuming that faster-than-light speed was possible:

If you traveled at twice the speed of light away from the earth, you can essentially travel 1-light-year's worth of distance in 6 months. Just because you get there before the light does, it does not mean time progresses at different speeds for you compared to people on earth. 6 months go by whether you're the one traveling, or the one staying on earth. Then, if you travel back to earth at the same speed, you arrive another 6 months later (or 1 year after you initially left the earth). You are one year older, and so is everyone else.

Don't confuse a light year as being time.... it's only a distance, about 9.5 trillion kilometers.

Time itself isn't real at all. It is only a word; our definition to comprehend the progression of things. I have to laugh, really. It amazes me how people tend to forget logic when trying to comprehend something Einstein theorized. Remember that Einstein himself said that his theories are incomplete. There's still a lot we don't know about all the forces in the universe.

I'd like to believe in time travel too. I'd love to skip the next 100 years or so and move to a more intelligent age. (No offense to anyone currently living in the present.) ;)

Edited by malchiah, 22 February 2005 - 08:43 AM.

#11 JMorgan

• 645 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 01:56 AM

Hehe, I was thinking about it, it is possible to fly to the future and even to the past-
To the future- you can fly somewhere which the time over there is preceding the time of where you live, and if youll add the number of the hours of fly over there it'll still be after the place you are going to...
To the past- you can fly somewhere which the time over there is behind the time of where you live, and if you'll add the hours of flying there to the time of where you live, it'll still be behind the time of where you live...

You mean like when I got on a plane headed for Israel and the the trip appeard to take about 19 hours, when on the way back it appeared to take about 5 hours? (About 12 hours for the actual trip from NY via Zurich, plus or minus the 7 hours time difference.) Hehe, the trip took the same amount of time both ways, not including wind and earth rotation.

Even if I kept going west to avoid "time" catching up with me, I'd hit the dateline in the Pacific and suddenly lose a day.

#12 stevethegreat

• 34 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 04:47 AM

To the past- you can fly somewhere which the time over there is behind the time of where you live, and if you'll add the hours of flying there to the time of where you live, it'll still be behind the time of where you live

I do believe the same with you. I think humanity have only lived in "present time". What we call past is the present times that have become a memory. So future, with its classical meaning, is something non-existant as it is "present time" which haven't been occured, yet.

In contrary what I think is past or future is exactly what you said: a different timeframe from present. So if a time-machine will be invented or if we'll become able to travel through wormholes, we would travel to a universe different from ours (as it would be the universe in a different timeframe, and if we take as granted that time is the main function of changes, then the universe of different timeframe would also be different, maybe in structural way, too).

However I don't know if it would be possible for us, in the future (heh I, too, use its classical meaning) to make a travel to the "past present times". At least for now, this is impossible, but Physics was always surprised us.

#13 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 08:18 AM

Joel,

I don't see how it matters where we are. We would all age at the same rate.

It would, the body would have to fit itself to a way different place, I think that the lifespan would be different too.

And I mean, um (I have no examples), but like- from one country in the United States to another one there is a different in time- like 2 hours; and flying from one to the other takes only 50 minutes- than that's saving time (going to the past) or losing time (going to the future)- deppends on which direction.

Steve,
Heh, although I would love to have a travrl in time and that would be a great step for humanity- as soon as comes a tome-traveling- as soon as come THE mess in my opinion.

I am pretty sure that if it would be possible someday, there will be a law that forbid you from doing changes (even if you are planning only toavoid some disaster such as The Second World War- maybe you'll surprisedly find you are not exist in the present because of it...).
I think that two main things we're gonna do with it-
1st learn our history (and of course learning all the ancient Egyptians knowlede and stuff)
2nd go to the future and ask for the technology so we can do it all in the past already. Now here is when the problem comes-
If all generation asks from him in the future the same technology he asked from the same him in the same future etcetera- they shouldn't really have any other different technology! because all were base oneself on the future- which they are making the same... I mean the good future comes if you make it so, but if you just believe it because it always happend before- that's bull-sh*t. It happend before because some-one made it happen- not because we were thinking that this will be done because it is the future...

More problem will be, that of course there will be alot of people who will want to play god and change the past (which means changing the present and future too). That would make things turn out like a beautiful big chaos.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#14 JMorgan

• 645 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 08:36 AM

From one country in the United States to another one there is a different in time- like 2 hours; and flying from one to the other takes only 50 minutes- than that's saving time (going to the past) or losing time (going to the future)- deppends on which direction.

Don't be confused by our arbitrary "time zones" which we set up to more easily manage our days. Everything still takes place in the present, all at the same time.

If I spoke to you on the phone from New York, I'm not talking 7 hours into the future am I? And you wouldn't be talking 7 hours into the past. If you were, I'd ask you who won the World Cup and bet alot of money on it. ;)

#15 JMorgan

• 645 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 08:41 AM

Even if you are planning only to avoid some disaster such as The Second World War- maybe you'll surprisedly find you are not exist in the present because of it...

That is very interesting when you put it in that perspective. Think about Hitler for a second. Without him, you would probably not exist, for there would be no Israel. ;)

#16 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 08:57 AM

Joel,

If I spoke to you on the phone from New York, I'm not talking 7 hours into the future am I? And you wouldn't be talking 7 hours into the past. If you were, I'd ask you who won the World Cup and bet alot of money on it. ;)

Hehehe [g:)] , true, all is happening in the same time- the present, but still...

Think about Hitler for a second. Without him, you would probably not exist, for there would be no Israel. :)

Oh god, that made think of a terrible thing! it's like I should be grateful to him (?!?!!??!?!?) ...

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#17 JMorgan

• 645 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 10:10 AM

Hehe, well, grateful isn't the word I would use. I mean, Hitler didn't do anything that you would consider good in order to allow you to exist. Sometimes good things can come out of bad situations, but I wouldn't be grateful to the bad situations that started them.

Anyway, about the original post... How does time travel actually relate to the Philadelphia Experiment? Assuming the ship DID appear in Virginia, that doesn't mean it traveled through time, just space. Unless, the amount of time that they were gone was more than 15 minutes for the crew onboard. (Kinda like in "Contact" where Jodie Foster was gone for hours, but it appeared like it all took place within a blink of an eye.)

#18 ima_tes

• 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 01:01 AM

[sleep] space and time are separate? why?
here t-here & everyw-here is one time. very capable technology is upon us now. where do we go from here? how about stopping time?

tes

#19 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 08:26 AM

ima_tes,

space and time are separate? why?

Matter and vacuum are separated, why? Because these are different things and everything is separaed... *why?* has always been a hard question, we've never answerd it (yet), too much "why"...

here t-here & everyw-here is one time

Where, when, how and *why* did you conclude so? that's your assuming, it was never true for sure aunce yet you cannot prove it.

very capable technology is upon us now

True, we're always improving ;) .

where do we go from here?

Wherever the time takes us to...

how about stopping time?

What about it...?
Do you see any point in it? I don't, since you cannot "run out of time"... hehe, you cannot do anything with no time at all. When I think about it, even *stopping time* it's like still letting it ticking because if *nothing is happening* , it can still be said that something is ...ing, which means even in the freezing time, it still exist and you could measure for how long the time where stopped for, so it will always move, and that stopping time will always be a part of the history and that also takes time...

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#20 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:48 PM

I dont understand, how could moving very quickly cause you to age much slower than everything around you? If it only took you minutes to travel very far then how does such a major time difference happen?

I apologize for my ignorance,
Thanatos

Here Thanatos, what I had problems explaining, Elrond did easily in another place- http://www.imminst.o...t=0

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

#21 armrha

• 187 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 05:44 AM

It seems like we really need some great starships with the capability to carry either ridiculous amounts of very good reaction mass or an incredible energy source with enough power to endow picked-up hydrogen atoms with enough force to propel the ship wherever it needs to go. Is there any well thought out designs currently going on? Or projects for their design?

Then we could get Malachiah's 1000 yr skip going... just drop him close to a black hole for a couple seconds (to him), then pull him out. ; )

#22 cyric

• 94 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 11:03 PM

Time travel is possible, most people don't realise it though. If you boarded a plane that flew twice the speed of Earth's rotation, you could go back wards or forwards through time, but only by one day. Or, if you wanted to "stop" time, you need only fly the aircraft at the SAME speed of rotation, right in front of the approaching dawn, so as not to shift through any time frame (not actual time frames, just the ones we "created"). It may not be what everyone else wants (it's really just a play on terms), but it's true.

#23 Lazarus Long

• Life Member, Guardian
  • 8,116 posts
  • Location:Northern, Western Hemisphere of Earth, Usually of late, New York

Posted 12 July 2005 - 02:49 AM

Time travel is possible, most people don't realize it though. If you boarded a plane that flew twice the speed of Earth's rotation, you could go back wards or forwards through time, but only by one day. Or, if you wanted to "stop" time, you need only fly the aircraft at the SAME speed of rotation, right in front of the approaching dawn, so as not to shift through any time frame (not actual time frames, just the ones we "created").

Cyric I must assume you are playing word games with the International Dateline and aren't being serious about the idea of a *day* being any kind of an objective *measure* of time.

You do realize that any spacecraft to stay in orbit is revolving around the Earth many times faster than twice the rotational velocity and completes the journey in approximately 90 minutes.

So does the International Space Station move into the future 18 *Calendar* days for each of our own?

The Earth at the equator is only moving at about a thousand miles per hour. We have numerous /military aircraft that go significantly faster than that and none travel through time regardless of what direction of travel they are vectored on but a few have played the game you are talking about.

Does time stop at the North pole in summer or winter by your system?

It may not be what everyone else wants (it's really just a play on terms), but it's true.

Yes it is just a play on words like how English uses distance as a measure and means of describing the future.

#24 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:48 PM

*Sigh* well the time we see on the clock is not the time we're talking about, but space time, Ryan. (Or wasn't I putting attention?)

But what we can do (theoretically at least) is to travel to the further future faster, once we can reach the speed of the light. But no coming back... Should be horrifying and amazing at once.

~Infernity

#25 cyric

• 94 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:54 AM

And where are you going to get an infinite amount of energy to power an infinite mass? We're still hitting the same problem again.

Of course just being at the North (or South) pole wouldn't mean you've stopped time. It's because Earth doesn't rotate on it's axis! But I was just kidding. I'm no idiot (not saying that any of you were saying that). I have read up on it, done some research, watched some documentaries and done some papers on it (most of them were pretty good). And you can't blame people for using length or such to describe time, it's a common mistake, because there were no words specifically designed to describe it's dimensions.

What I have sometimes suggested, is that the universe is a big sphere and time (also a big sphere) is depicted as "compartments" within the sphere, and it revolves around (and encompasses) the universe, as the world does (but without the crooked axis), explaining the "time frames" (time was theorised (long ago) to move in frames). It's only an idea I heard, so don't take it too seriously.

#26 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 10:02 AM

I was thinking more about changing the structure of ourselves into light, upgrading - > transferring - > upgrading back...

Once nanotechnology is available into such extent, we could do many things you can't imagine.

~Infernity

#27 cyric

• 94 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 11:30 AM

How? You can't capture light to study it, you can't create light because it's as big as an electron and it is it's own subatomic particle. You can't encode it with data. Correct me if I'm wrong, but light is a universal constant, it's IMPOSSIBLE TO REACH THE SPEED OF LIGHT! It can be done! It is mathematically impossible. If we were to reach C (the mathematical term for the speed of light), as has been stated before, we would reach an infinite mass, and to move an infinite mass, you need an infinite source of power.

One of my theories is that if it was possible, your consciousness would expand infinitely, and your material self would dematerialise (a kind of ascension to godhood for the transhumanists).

#28 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 12:06 PM

Light is after energy. as everything.
Prove- black holes possibly swallow light too...

We are made of energy, for the thousand time:
http://www.imminst.o...998

Yes, yes yes! well some of it I am not totally sure I completely agree, although YES to the idea, and by that, maybe I should trust you logic on this.

Everything is Energy. Energy CANNOT be destroyed only change form

Yes, oh how many times I said this? [sfty]

http://www.imminst.o...238

What I want to ask of you is, why can't you not believe,at least theoretically, of the possibility of the survival of the soul? What is so bad about our conciousness being able to survive after our physical death? Isn't that what everyone wants?

I'll tell you why, Stranger.

I believe (I'd say 'I know', but, oh well, that unremarkable considering the fact we are kinda arguing on that) that all that we know, feel, sense- everything- is happening in the brain. The sophisticated somewhat computer whom gets the whole information and translate to what's known as us- the same singular experience, and self development.
What we don't feel directly in the brain- such as sensing in another part of the body- it is still sending the signs to the brain, and the brain is what makes us actually feel it, and gets it as a touch in the specific spot.
It is possible by electric waves to the brain- make us feel pain in some spot over the body- without touching it.
And we feel, and know, and dream, and think- - all analysing of the brain, like a computer somewhat...

Once you're experiencing physical death- the brain stops working! you can't think, you can't be...!

All your awareness, and all you have ever experienced is information in your brain.
"soul", is just another view, a part of what going on in the brain, which is relevant and actually exist only when the brain works.

All the energy you may claim to get out of the brain and continue as a soul- I believe it is falling apart.

The energy always were! even before you were born- - simply- it was separated, who knows, maybe a part of some electrons that fell apart too...

However- after you die- there is nothing to keep everything in part- it is losing the body of the energy, the order making computer. So all the information destroys itself automatically.

BUT- still exists- - just as a total different essence- of lots of other separated things.

I think energy is never being made, as it is never being destroyed- it is just losing homogeneousness, structure, speed, organization, etcetera...

http://www.imminst.o...T&f=9&t=6139

Perhaps, check out here, energy may be able to become theoretically absolute zero, it's just won't happen, because of the chances is about 1/infinity per cent to...

I don't believe it can be provided though, although- if it can vanish- it should be able to produce.

And as for this

As an aspiring immortalist, you've got nothing to lose. Maybe you should look into it

Not till it is based, and I just claim why it seems false to me.
I can't take the chance now while being alive and having awareness- to be nothing without a way to know, regret, fix, learn comprehend etcetera.
I just can't (at least now)- after I dead- I believe it doesn't matter.
If it does - - then I'll let it be- only when there is absolutely no other choice! And I mean NO OTHER CHOICE.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

http://www.imminst.o...238

Stranger,

As I said "The energy always were! Even before you were born.", I also said but was not kept in same order same places nor same inosculation or traveling in space.

Let me make it more concrete.

There's an apple.
Built of cells.
Built of molecules.
Built of atoms.
Built of protons, neutrons and electrons.
The protons and neutrons built of quarks (and let's put in this level the electrons too).
After all, the supposedly tiniest thing we get to is energy (which theoretically can always be divided more, simple- to lower energy whom expresses itself by less of it, smaller...

So, this energy can also theoretically gather with others and become electrons again or whatever.

Now naturally this tiny element will soon find other to gather with and etcetera...

The point is- the energy was never destroyed, but simply were on itself without a mechanism of another element to be part of.

Mechanism such as a brain for example is something built from a concentrated energy which makes it solid to our notion, and also- energy spread as information, electrical waves, that cannot be seen but diagnosed with receptor mashings.

The brain is what keeps it in the order it is, the keeps the information running as for example memory- and not be distorted to for example another concrete brain.

Once this tool is dead, not valid- it falls apart and there is no energy to keep it the way it is.

Hence, the information is all spread, and remain energy, as everything is- but cannot remain crystallized as the personality of the person i.e.- so called 'soul', or 'self'...

So I believe.

I respect your belief since you are not a fanatic of God or anything and that's harmless, an you are a rational thinker with some eccentric experience, which will some day be explainable totally.

Yours truthfully
~Infernity

Do you agree with me...? [sfty]

Yours
~Infernity

Now, we can change the order, in order to transfer ourselves as light, such information, you know...

Don't tell me it is not possible, if it's not impossible it's not worth doing.

"It's impossible communicating with people in the other side of the world in a matter of less than seconds..."

~Infernity

#29 cyric

• 94 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 12:19 PM

No, I'm not saying it's an impossible idea, I'm saying it's got an impossible solution. To do such a thing, that would either be one of my ideas on biomolecular energisation, or a sort of molecular restructuring at the subatomic level. Even if we could do it, it would require a massive amount of energy, a long period of time to do it in, and electron microscopes powerful enough to see something perhaps smaller than a quarter of the size of an average size atom. Right now, we can't even see an atom (actually see it, like when you look at cells)! Even then, you would need to find a way to structure it so that it could facilitate a consciousness and memories and such. How is that possible exactly? Maybe in the next 8 million years!

#30 Infernity

• 3,322 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 12:47 PM

Well, I know you'll next come with the fact there are stars that are far away millions of light years, I can comfort you that as light information we would probably lose the sensation of time [tung]

That's a circle however, once we can do it, we can use EVERYTHING for energy to maintain this... How do we get in the circle? good question, I need to think of it.

About majors-- god, don't worry about this, time will take care of this, I mean, technology, brings it, it is a package deal.

~Infernity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users