Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Reverse aging, getting young again?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 1101

• 46 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 07:25 AM

The term 'Reversing aging' in antiaging circles is taken to mean reversing the damage caused by aging, i.e.curing or ameliorating chronic degenerative disease. It does not mean to actually and literally reverse the age of the individual and make them young in chronological terms. This is impossible, as any student of physics knows.

No, it is not impossible! its all about NAD+ syntheses by several ways, antioxidants, Exercise for GH release, and other hormone replacement. Its very easy! (see my profile for more info)I have taken off 20 to 25 years via what I call my process. Steve

WTH are you talking about? NAD+ is used in cellular metabolism, if you didn't produce it you'd die of starvation.

#32 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:09 PM

The term 'Reversing aging' in antiaging circles is taken to mean reversing the damage caused by aging, i.e.curing or ameliorating chronic degenerative disease. It does not mean to actually and literally reverse the age of the individual and make them young in chronological terms. This is impossible, as any student of physics knows.

No, it is not impossible! its all about NAD+ syntheses by several ways, antioxidants, Exercise for GH release, and other hormone replacement. Its very easy! (see my profile for more info)I have taken off 20 to 25 years via what I call my process. Steve

WTH are you talking about? NAD+ is used in cellular metabolism, if you didn't produce it you'd die of starvation.

I guess he's talking about increasing it.

I'll take an indepth look, interesting (this is why I love imminst). Well judging by at least bicep peaks, you sir are doing something right heh.. Face wise is pretty impressive too..

Edited by VidX, 16 November 2010 - 10:19 PM.

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 lancelot1700

• 31 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:56 PM

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=12269125

this link may intrest you harvard reversed aging in mice. but these were aged by lab . but amazing results

sponsored ad

• Advert

#34 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:03 AM

To reverse skin aging UV damage and glycation are to be addressed.

to reverse internal aging the metabolicc pathways need to be altered. Exercise and proper dieting are good beginners.

To reverse cellular aging you have to lengthen telomeres, which some believe astragalus can do, in conjunction with CR or maybe intermittent fasting.

To reverse unwanted growth you have to be chemically castrated, which essentially means halting all major hormone production chemically. Some supplements slow down the assimilation of these, such as soy isoflavones slowing down DHT, unfortunately this could also mean stopping testosterone production too (with other major chemicals, not supplements). Little kids don't have much of it.

Edited by TheFountain, 02 December 2010 - 04:04 AM.

#35 johnross47

• 747 posts
  • Location:table 42 in the restaurant at the end of the universe

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:11 PM

http://www.scienceda...01201102603.htm
another interesting piece of research

#36 revenant

• 306 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 December 2010 - 01:18 AM

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Alzheimers/aging-reversed-mice/story?id=12269125

this link may intrest you harvard reversed aging in mice. but these were aged by lab . but amazing results

Thanks for that link. Has anyone had a chance to read the article in the journal Nature yet? I am wondering what method the researchers used when they "boosted" the telomarase in the mouse study.

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#37 bsardi

• 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:45 AM

To belatedly follow up on the question of whether an age reversing molecule is possible, the answer is a qualified yes.
As indicated by other responders to this question, maybe multiple molecules would be required.
We conducted a human experiment where a marker of aging, lipofuscin, was used as the marker.
An 8-year old man underwent photography of his retina which visualized lipofuscin deposits.
He was then placed on a 5-month regimen of resveratrol, quercetin, rice bran IP6, ferulic acid and vitamin D3.
Upon re-examination, the lipofuscin had dissipated and clinically, his vision had improved in 5 measurable
parameters. This proof-of-principle study demonstrated that biological aging, as evidenced by lipofuscin
(cellular debris) can be reversed.

Bill Sardi

#38 Cameron

• 167 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:39 AM

On the topic of reversal of aging, the following recent press release involving immunosenescence sounded very promising

UCSF researchers have identified an existing medication that restores key elements of the immune system that, when out of balance, lead to a steady decline in immunity and health as people age.

...In 2009, Goetzl had studied a group of 50 elderly adults through the National Institute on Aging, examining their levels of key cytokines – Interleukin (IL)-2, IFN-gamma and IL-17 – and discovered that truly healthy 70-80 year old women had the same levels of those as did healthy 20 year olds. ...

However, some elderly men and frail women who showed increased levels of inflammatory diseases and weakened defenses against infections tended to have lower levels of the first two cytokines, which are protective, and higher levels of inflammatory cytokines. That imbalance, the researchers found, began in late middle age.

In this study, the team tested the drug in healthy seniors, each of whom were matched in race, gender and national origin to a healthy young adult participant. They found that extremely low levels of lenalidomide – 0.1 μM – optimally stimulated IL-2 production in the young people (21-40 years) roughly sevenfold, but stimulated IL-2 production in patients over age 65 by 120-fold, restoring them to youthful levels for up to five days.
The researchers also found that lenalidomide had many other beneficial effects on the elderly participants' T cells, including better migration throughout the body, more efficient patrolling activity and longer survival after defending the body against an infection.-link

Reversing aspects of immune system aging might allow for an extension of healthspan. It has been seen that some individuals can barely even walk in their 70s while others are riding bicycles in their 90s-100s. As more and more of the deviations between these groups is corrected, it may come a time when it is the majority that enjoys health into their 90s and beyond.

Edited by Cameron, 14 December 2010 - 05:40 AM.

#39 iconoblast

• 6 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 03:30 PM

Do you really want to reverse all the development that results in the difference between an adult and child? Or do you want to reverse only the deteriorative changes? Some think that the latter is possible. If aging is the result of an organism discontinuing repair processes, then causing those processes to reinitiate would reverse aging. Finding some other way to repair damage would reverse aging. I think this is the path Aubrey de Grey is following.

#40 chhof

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:24 PM

Do you really want to reverse all the development that results in the difference between an adult and child?

It is really the reverse of the difference between an adult and child I was asking about. I think this is the hardest to do. I think that even the cells don't know how they were as a child. So you would need to build the complete body cell by cell.

#41 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 01:41 AM

chhof, there is a very tricky approach to this that has to do with physics

a less tricky approach approach is average or modal cytoequivalence where rather than actual reversal your tissues just become young again where young is defined as being identical to an average or modal cytostructure of a 20 year old or 10 year old That is much less rigorous

right now they can teleport photons thus what is known as optical manipulatation could actually move specific items around at the cytoplasm, Ive seen products advertised that do photon manipulation (optical tweezers) on an entire 2d grid simultaneously

also you might like to hear that a pregnant blue whale can construct a mass of perfectly formed living tissue the size of an adult human at less than a month of gestation which basically says cloning an entire fully grown human could take less than a month, (Funny: then they study a few hours, get a GED, and the new month old human could find a job)

also reversing puberty could occur at the cytolevel with things like osteoblasts as well as osteoclasts remodelling bone at the direction of a computer doing something like 3d grid photomanipulation possibly with the published photon teleportation technology

the very tricky approach has to do with conserved quantum transitions There are places where that can happen This may be one of them read up on IFC compression as well as the notion that if an atom undergoes radioactive decay all the quantum levels change simultaneously creating a novel mathematics of information as the number of items changed at the amount of area exceeds the information carrying value of the radiated energy

#42 Methos000

• 144 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:20 PM

I'd imagine the 8 year-old was in pretty good condition to start. :-D

To belatedly follow up on the question of whether an age reversing molecule is possible, the answer is a qualified yes.
As indicated by other responders to this question, maybe multiple molecules would be required.
We conducted a human experiment where a marker of aging, lipofuscin, was used as the marker.
An 8-year old man underwent photography of his retina which visualized lipofuscin deposits.
He was then placed on a 5-month regimen of resveratrol, quercetin, rice bran IP6, ferulic acid and vitamin D3.
Upon re-examination, the lipofuscin had dissipated and clinically, his vision had improved in 5 measurable
parameters. This proof-of-principle study demonstrated that biological aging, as evidenced by lipofuscin
(cellular debris) can be reversed.

Bill Sardi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users