RESVERATROL Cured my Plantar Fascitis

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:01 PM

I apologize as well,
I thought we had a Gungan from Naboo who decided to drop by the forum.

I was completely wrong, and apologize for my incorrect assumptions I made based on my hatred for the only fictional Naboo person I have seen talk in a similar fashion... Mr. Jarjar binks. Boy do I detest that fictional character.

A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 15 March 2011 - 11:05 PM.

#32 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:56 AM

For folks new to Resveratrol,
here are some facts regarding grapes and peanuts:

1- Depending on the grapes, you can get about 1mg for each cup of dark grapes you eat.

2- Raw peanuts?... it will take you about 4 cups to get about 1mg of resveratrol.

That means it would take you about 400 to 500 cups of grapes or close to 2000 cups of peanuts to equal 450mg or more a day that is supported by the clinical data discussed in the Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences which highlights the many functions of resveratrol (Volume 1215, Resveratrol and Health - pages 131-137).

Cheers
A

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Stokestack

• 18 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:08 AM

I experienced serious joint and tendon problems after starting resveratrol, and one of the profound manifestations was raging plantar fasciitis. I'd had PF starting around age 23 and tried every remedy I'm aware of, including surgery. It had finally receded in recent years to the point of negligibility (with plenty of running and other exercise during this time). Resveratrol reversed all that, causing a severe relapse and pain levels I hadn't seen in at least a decade.

Don't use this garbage. In researching why resveratrol might be so damaging to tendons, I looked at the makeup of emodin (which is found in resveratrol supplements). Emodin is an anthraquinone. Quinolones (like Cipro) are known to cause (and carry severe warnings for) the destruction of tendons. Anthraquinones and quinolones appear to be related, but I don't have the biochemistry background to take the analysis any further.

We've seen that resveratrol can harm tendons. There are no proven benefits. Don't poison yourself and thwart the very goal you're trying to reach: continued vitality.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#34 FedAce

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended, Guest
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:36 AM

I suggest doing stretches of the tissue as well, and adding a little curcumin to the mix. I believe it will augment the effects of resveratrol.

Max, so what do you think ? Is there a legitimate concern about this possibility of RES causing cancer ? That is the only reservation i have about the product.

Not answering for Max, but after surfing all the info on Resveratrol, there is little to no indication that it could promote or induce cancer if taken in reasonable amounts.

What is a reasonable amout ? 250 mg ? and how much is too much ? and if you take too much, it Can cause cancer ???

#35 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:28 AM

Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2009 May;2(5):409-18. Epub 2009 Apr 28.
Cancer prevention and treatment with resveratrol: from rodent studies to clinical trials.
Bishayee A.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Northeastern Ohio Universities Colleges of Medicine and Pharmacy, 4209 State Route 44, Rootstown, OH 44272, USA. abishayee@neoucom.edu
Abstract
Resveratrol (3,4',5-trihydroxy-trans-stilbene) is a dietary polyphenol derived from grapes, berries, peanuts, and other plant sources. During the last decade, resveratrol has been shown to possess a fascinating spectrum of pharmacologic properties. Multiple biochemical and molecular actions seem to contribute to resveratrol effects against precancerous or cancer cells. Resveratrol affects all three discrete stages of carcinogenesis (initiation, promotion, and progression) by modulating signal transduction pathways that control cell division and growth, apoptosis, inflammation, angiogenesis, and metastasis. The anticancer property of resveratrol has been supported by its ability to inhibit proliferation of a wide variety of human tumor cells in vitro. These in vitro data have led to numerous preclinical animal studies to evaluate the potential of this drug for cancer chemoprevention and chemotherapy. This review provides concise, comprehensive data from preclinical in vivo studies in various rodent models of human cancers, highlighting the related mechanisms of action. Bioavailability, pharmacokinetic, and potential toxicity studies of resveratrol in humans and ongoing interventional clinical trials are also presented. The conclusion describes directions for future resveratrol research to establish its activity and utility as a human cancer preventive and therapeutic drug.

PMID: 19401532

#36 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:53 AM

ummm... a Caribbean accent? okay i came on here tryna put in my two cents on dis resveratrol and y'all got the nerve to be talkin bout my accent in typing letters? are y'all serious? i'm not even caribbean baby boy, i'm from and living in america.. where YOU at??
all i'm tryna do is come on here and put my two cents in and see whats up. aint nothing else. yall gotta come straight hard on ya girl for something dat aint even relevant. come on y'all, let's get back to topic.
but look, i appreciate da concern... but you aint gotta worry bout me. i'm good :)
i'm possibly da realist chikk on here dats real talk.

and yes imma get a few bags of grapes.
and it aint about it being packed with sugar, but the fact that its a natural source of what y'all talking bout (reservatrol)

grapes DO contain dat right??

Again, I am sorry as I simply cannot understand what you are trying to say. Is there any chance that you can try posting in english so we can have a meaningful conversation on the subject? I am having extreme difficutly translating whatever language you are speaking. Is it cajun?

#37 peteo

• 47 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:27 PM

I experienced serious joint and tendon problems after starting resveratrol, and one of the profound manifestations was raging plantar fasciitis. I'd had PF starting around age 23 and tried every remedy I'm aware of, including surgery. It had finally receded in recent years to the point of negligibility (with plenty of running and other exercise during this time). Resveratrol reversed all that, causing a severe relapse and pain levels I hadn't seen in at least a decade.

Don't use this garbage. In researching why resveratrol might be so damaging to tendons, I looked at the makeup of emodin (which is found in resveratrol supplements). Emodin is an anthraquinone. Quinolones (like Cipro) are known to cause (and carry severe warnings for) the destruction of tendons. Anthraquinones and quinolones appear to be related, but I don't have the biochemistry background to take the analysis any further.

We've seen that resveratrol can harm tendons. There are no proven benefits. Don't poison yourself and thwart the very goal you're trying to reach: continued vitality.

So is it the Resveratrol thats is bad or the Emodin? Based on your post it sounds like Emodin is the problem not Resveratrol.
  • like x 1

#38 FedAce

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended, Guest
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:30 AM

Perhaps PF is a self-limiting condition. Mine has improved - almost back to normal. It might be the resveratrol, but I can't really say for sure.

I wasn't sure either til i stopped taking RES and my PF pain started to come back. then i knew RES was helping with plantar fascitis pain

#39 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:43 PM

I've been managing my case of plantar fasciitis for a half year now. (In my case, some calcification of the fascia at the insertion point at the heel was confirmed by x-ray.) I have also had great luck with vitamin K2 as a treatment for plantar fasciitis.

I see that, at least in breast cancer cells, "live cell microscopy demonstrates that RES causes an early biphasic increase in the concentration of free intracellular calcium ([Ca2+]i), probably resulting from depletion of the endoplasmic reticulum stores in breast cancer cells".

Is this the case with normal muscle/tendon/ligament cells too when resveratrol is taken? If so, I wonder if resveratrol might increase soft tissue calcification in people susceptible to it, with the aches that go along with it.

The pain in my heel is much lessened by 1000 mcg of K2-MK7 or a couple of the LEF super-K gelcaps. I've also taken 500 mg of resveratrol buccally over the past couple of days, and it feels like I have a new heel.

#40 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:20 PM

Possible. D2 is also involved in calcium metabolism. and It seems to help such pains attributed to resveratrol use. Adding K2 as MK4 might be another thing to help with such reactions to resveratrol.

#41 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:37 PM

"I disagree. Plantar fasciitis is a self-limiting condition."

What is that based on? Not necessarily so. In fact, sometimes they even operate, although the operation may not be a good idea. If this is as you say, then doctors should give back the millions the've made treating it.

Edited by Luminosity, 30 September 2011 - 10:48 PM.

#42 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:44 PM

Never tried reservatrol. I'm tempted now but also cautious.

I have taken various natural anti-inflammatories. Sometimes they help; sometimes they make it worse. Other people swear by what didn't work for me. I have had even had opposite experiences with the exact same supplement at different times.

#43 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:52 AM

I've been managing my case of plantar fasciitis for a half year now. (In my case, some calcification of the fascia at the insertion point at the heel was confirmed by x-ray.) I have also had great luck with vitamin K2 as a treatment for plantar fasciitis.

I see that, at least in breast cancer cells, "live cell microscopy demonstrates that RES causes an early biphasic increase in the concentration of free intracellular calcium ([Ca2+]i), probably resulting from depletion of the endoplasmic reticulum stores in breast cancer cells".

Is this the case with normal muscle/tendon/ligament cells too when resveratrol is taken? If so, I wonder if resveratrol might increase soft tissue calcification in people susceptible to it, with the aches that go along with it.

The pain in my heel is much lessened by 1000 mcg of K2-MK7 or a couple of the LEF super-K gelcaps. I've also taken 500 mg of resveratrol buccally over the past couple of days, and it feels like I have a new heel.

For pain caused by calcification, it does make some sense that K2 would help. As for resveratrol causing soft tissue calcification, I suspect that if it occurred, it would have been noted in one of the many tox studies that have been done, some of which were at insanely high dosage. Just because it was observed to alter intracellular [Ca++] doesn't mean that it would lead to extracellular calcification.
  • like x 1

#44 RAFA

• 33 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:16 PM

WoW, wait a minute. Does this mean resveratrol is dangerous substance ? are you saying resveratrol should be taken off the market completely ? because it is so dangerous ?
  • dislike x 1

#45 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:22 PM

Emodin?

Sounds like you need to only use pure 99% resveratrol

#46 RAFA

• 33 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:34 PM

Emodin?

Sounds like you need to only use pure 99% resveratrol

Impossible. Emodin is integral part of resveratrol. Not possible to seaparate the two. i don't know anyone who sells resveratrol without emodin

#47 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

I do... see attached.

Attached Files

#48 RAFA

• 33 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:41 PM

I do... see attached.

There is Arsenic in there. that is poison. i don't want to die from it. who sells this quakery? i am going to report it to FDA
  • dislike x 2

#49 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:53 PM

It is not an issue, chicken rice, and water all have arsenic to some level. As long as it's low, the FDA allows it... so I wouldn't call it quakery, unless you call most food and supplement manufacturers and sellers the same thing. We all abide by Federal regulations.

Be careful to verify things before shoving foot in mouth...

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC1637422/

At the present time, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) accords the highest priority to mercury, lead, cadmium, arsenic, selenium, and zinc in its program on toxic elements in foods. The only regulatory levels for arsenic in foods in the U. S. are the tolerances which have been established for its residues in specified foods, resulting from the application of arsenical pesticides on food and feed crops and from animal feed additives. FDA has monitored for arsenic in its Total Diet Survey since the inception of this program. The data from this program indicate that the average daily intake for arsenic (as As2O3) has decreased from about 130 μg/day in 1968 to about 20 μg/day in 1974. Most of the arsenic is found in the meat-fish-poultry food class of the total diet. In individual foods, the highest levels were found in fish, with a mean level of about 1.5 ppm (as As2O3) in the edible portion of finfish. Much lower levels were found in all the other food types analyzed; of these, the highest levels found were a mean level of 0.08 ppm in chicken and 0.16 ppm in rice. FDA toxicologists do not believe that the average daily intake of arsenic, or its levels in the different food commodities, pose a hazard to the consumer.

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 13 October 2011 - 07:57 PM.

#50 RAFA

• 33 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:41 PM

It is not an issue, chicken rice, and water all have arsenic to some level. As long as it's low, the FDA allows it... so I wouldn't call it quakery, unless you call most food and supplement manufacturers and sellers the same thing. We all abide by Federal regulations.

Be careful to verify things before shoving foot in mouth...

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC1637422/

At the present time, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) accords the highest priority to mercury, lead, cadmium, arsenic, selenium, and zinc in its program on toxic elements in foods. The only regulatory levels for arsenic in foods in the U. S. are the tolerances which have been established for its residues in specified foods, resulting from the application of arsenical pesticides on food and feed crops and from animal feed additives. FDA has monitored for arsenic in its Total Diet Survey since the inception of this program. The data from this program indicate that the average daily intake for arsenic (as As2O3) has decreased from about 130 μg/day in 1968 to about 20 μg/day in 1974. Most of the arsenic is found in the meat-fish-poultry food class of the total diet. In individual foods, the highest levels were found in fish, with a mean level of about 1.5 ppm (as As2O3) in the edible portion of finfish. Much lower levels were found in all the other food types analyzed; of these, the highest levels found were a mean level of 0.08 ppm in chicken and 0.16 ppm in rice. FDA toxicologists do not believe that the average daily intake of arsenic, or its levels in the different food commodities, pose a hazard to the consumer.

NRDC opposes your statement. Natural resouces defense counsel opposes arsenic in any food or supplements. this is poison and could kill human life.
  • dislike x 2

#51 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:20 AM

Last I hear the NRDC is not a government agency, part of the FDA, or makes laws.

Unless you change the laws, or the NRDC starts testing supplements and 'certifying' them in some way, don't expect anyone to adhere to your requirements over that of government provided safety ranges in any food or supplement.

Maybe there is opportunity for them in this arena (testing food or supplements and certifying them). Go talk to them, and let me know if it will be a great avenue to raise money, or if the standards are so high that all food or supplements will fail.

As a matter of fact, if you ask them and they decline, I would suggest they are really not working in your best interest at all, since being certified by them would mean ...that the product, food, or supplement being certified would have undetectable levels of heavy metals, arsenic, and i presume pesticides and microbials... (and then again having no microbials would mean that the food was irradiated, which...is illegal)

A

#52 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:28 AM

As a matter of fact, I am curious... can you give me a run down of your diet? Because i would certainly want to understand they food and supplements you would recommend.

A

#53 RAFA

• 33 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:38 AM

As a matter of fact, I am curious... can you give me a run down of your diet? Because i would certainly want to understand they food and supplements you would recommend.

A

Lots of Vegetable, Tofu, and Soybean products.
  • dislike x 1

#54 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:28 AM

Too much soy, tofu etc reduces brain mass.
1. White LR, Petrovich H, Ross GW, Masaki KH, Association of mid-life consumption of tofu with late life cognitive impairment and dementia: the Honolulu-Asia Aging Study. Fifth International Conference on Alzheimer's Disease, #487, 27 July 1996, Osaka, Japan. 2. White LR, Petrovitch H, Ross GW, Masaki KH, Hardman J, Nelson J, Davis D, Markesbery W, Brain aging and midlife tofu consumption. J Am Coll Nutr 2000 Apr;19(2):242-55.
  • like x 2

#55 RAFA

• 33 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:05 PM

1. White LR, Petrovich H, Ross GW, Masaki KH, Association of mid-life consumption of tofu with late life cognitive impairment and dementia: the Honolulu-Asia Aging Study. Fifth International Conference on Alzheimer's Disease, #487, 27 July 1996, Osaka, Japan. 2. White LR, Petrovitch H, Ross GW, Masaki KH, Hardman J, Nelson J, Davis D, Markesbery W, Brain aging and midlife tofu consumption. J Am Coll Nutr 2000 Apr;19(2):242-55.

Soy or soybean and rice is most healthiest diet in the world. Asians used to eat this only without any meat, mainly they couldn't afford meat, and they were the healthiest people in the world. and smartest people in the world too.
and also can you buy resveratrol without emodin in it ? somebody said emodin is very bad for you with bad side effects like irreversible tenden damage
  • dislike x 2

#56 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:32 PM

Wow, I guess you will have to go on a fresh sun and air diet, and eat nothing else .. because even your diet has Arsenic:

Arsenic in Veggies:
http://www.bdjpharma...0202/020288.pdf

Arsenic in rice:
http://www.usatoday....8-02-rice_x.htm

Arsenic in Soybeans:
http://pubs.acs.org/...021/jf60215a072

I suppose it would be a great way to lose weight, while dying of starvation.

:)

A

Edited by Anthony_Loera, 14 October 2011 - 04:33 PM.

#57 hamishm00

• 1,053 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:55 PM

boom!

#58 elphaba

• 24 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:33 PM

I would be a little bit suspicious of the "etc" in the study where it mentions "tofu, etc.".

The latest info I hear from Dr. Oz contradicts. (Don't sneer, he has lots of money and a huge medical team who does a LOT of research before making claims on the show and he doesn't (appear to) sell anything except himself - doesn't mean it's all true but good place to start) . His scientist guy says that soy that is unprocessed (i.e. a whole food) such as soybeans, miso and tofu is good.
The soy in "fake meats" and other boxed or packaged foods (can't remember about soy milk) should be avoided. He had a scientist on the show that explained why soy has got such a bad rap, something to do with the processed "soy particle" interfering somewhere it's not supposed to be. Sorry for the low quality in technical details in repeating what I heard.
(By the way, Dr. Oz recommends resveratrol with the caveat that it is experimental - he says he takes it)

#59 maxwatt

• 4,949 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:36 AM

The Hawaiian studies consisted of American born Japanese, and the soy they ate was traditional forms: soy bean sprouts, tofu, bean curd and bean-curd skin. Hawaiian-japanese diet does not include fake meats. I've seen it theorized the loss in brain mass is due to soy flavones being tyrosine kinase inhibitors, which interferes with protein synthesis. Good for cancer prevention, not so good for neuron replenishment. Despite the fact Asians consume lots of soy, and do seem to lose proportionately more brain mass as they age, this does not appear to be associated with dementia, though some studies indicate a loss of cognitive function. I would avoid excessive amounts of soy, but the amount and form found in a traditional Asian diet should not be something to worry about, at least until you are in your nineties.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 RAFA

• 33 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:01 PM

The Hawaiian studies consisted of American born Japanese, and the soy they ate was traditional forms: soy bean sprouts, tofu, bean curd and bean-curd skin. Hawaiian-japanese diet does not include fake meats. I've seen it theorized the loss in brain mass is due to soy flavones being tyrosine kinase inhibitors, which interferes with protein synthesis. Good for cancer prevention, not so good for neuron replenishment. Despite the fact Asians consume lots of soy, and do seem to lose proportionately more brain mass as they age, this does not appear to be associated with dementia, though some studies indicate a loss of cognitive function. I would avoid excessive amounts of soy, but the amount and form found in a traditional Asian diet should not be something to worry about, at least until you are in your nineties.

OK, if so, why isn't all Asians dead or dying ?? They have been eating primarily TOFU and Soy product for Thousands of years and they are healthier than 99% of the rest of the world...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users