• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best All-Purpose Nootropic?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Poll: Your selection (315 member(s) have cast votes)

Best Nootropic Compound

1. modafinil (63 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. piracetam (52 votes [16.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.51%

3. another -racetam (41 votes [13.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.02%

4. Methylphenidate (15 votes [4.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

5. Adderall (amphetamine and dextroamphetamine) (28 votes [8.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.89%

6. Caffeine (28 votes [8.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.89%

7. Selegiline (19 votes [6.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.03%

8. Alpha-GPC (10 votes [3.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.17%

9. Yohimbe (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

10. Nicotine (10 votes [3.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.17%

11. Guanfacine (3 votes [0.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.95%

12. 5-HTP (3 votes [0.95%] - View)

13. Ginseng (6 votes [1.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.90%

14. Gotu Kola (4 votes [1.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.27%

15. Picamilon (4 votes [1.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.27%

16. Vinpocetine (1 votes [0.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.32%

17. Acetylcarnitine (14 votes [4.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.44%

18. SAM-e (3 votes [0.95%] - View)

19. Melatonin (3 votes [0.95%] - View)

20. Sulbutiamine (8 votes [2.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.54%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Nemo888

• 214 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:50 PM

Coffee is the King. Long live the King!
  • Agree x 2

#62 Synzael

• 27 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:52 PM

Disappointed that Semax isn't on this list lol.

Centrophenoxine+Phenylpiracetam = Great standard stack in my opinion

5HTP+NALT+EGCG+Pyritinol (BBB permeable B6) is another favorite stack of mine.

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 darksanity

• 47 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 10:40 PM

Phenylpiracetam & coluracetam FTW !

#64 PowerfulP

• 30 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 07:08 AM

What works for me, top 3 stacks

1.) 600mg modafinil + nicotine + caffeine + l-theanine  

2.) adderall + nicotine

3.) selegilene + PEA 

#65 owtsgmi

• 162 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:45 PM

Coluracetam + PRL-8-53 + CBD

#66 Fenix_

• 183 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:54 PM

What kind of effects do you experience when taking CBD?

#67 stanfordlee

• 6 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:32 PM

the choice is too limited, there are more out there

• Agree x 2

#68 RobertPaulson

• 29 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:17 PM

Where is methylene blue or CDP-choline? 

However I voted for Adderall, because I think it is the mother of all nootropics and everything else that happens here,

is just because people either don't want to use the real thing, or fail into intake escalation. 

Edited by RobertPaulsen, 28 July 2015 - 08:31 PM.

#69 owtsgmi

• 162 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:25 PM

What kind of effects do you experience when taking CBD?

CBD provides focus and calmness.

#70 jodamson

• 5 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:29 PM

Modafinil has been wonders for me in sales . Most people would say it's not a nootropic, but armodafinil should still have some effect when you wake.  Racetam wide piracetam and oxiracetam is my go to . I wish phenylpiracetam didn't have such high tolerance curve I'd take that over modafinil any day ... Herbal wise I'd say loins main mushroom in bulletproof coffee. Semax is good as well not a lot of study's on long term use though .

#71 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:16 PM

Another individual who doesn't understand what it means for a thing to be nootropic. Adderal a nootropic, are you serious?

• Disagree x 1

#72 Diamondz

• 42 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:09 AM

I don't simply want to promote or advise a better performance nootropic such as Cerebrolysin without even taking it. However, I have used perhaps 20+ different supplements and nootropics.

Semax and Selank were the most recent in injection formulation. Selank was very activating. Semax was alright, but I didn't care for it as much as Selank. I have a vial of NA-Semax-Amidate 60mg I never used, and almost half or more of NA-Semax. I used around 60% of NA-Selank and it was effective. I found lower dose 1-2 times a day more effective then a larger dose in the morning.

Reports have mentioned that after taking Cerebrolysin, it was the most effective drug in comparison. I plan on buying a course of treatment in the coming weeks from a proper vendor and calf blood.

Cerebrolysin by far

#73 Diamondz

• 42 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 05:15 AM

Methelyene Blue I have, but I will need to take it capped. It's not very pleasant to drink. CDP-Choline, or the Alpha-Choline was the source I was going to purchase, but it came out of stock on nootropicdepot.

Adderall was always nice. I took at most 60mg in 20mg IR 3x daily when I was 16-19. It was effective. I didn't always take it and often had hundreds I never used because I was not persistent. It was effective for mood, visuals, and performance. It made me sweat, feel dehydrated, and heart concerns; I would not exercise with it. Anyway, it was also kind of dirty, and always wanted to try the Modafinil and Provigil. Concerta was another non-Adderall based agent, caffine really wasn't effective, and Desyoxn was also nice, but more speedy.

Where is methylene blue or CDP-choline? 

However I voted for Adderall, because I think it is the mother of all nootropics and everything else that happens here,

is just because people either don't want to use the real thing, or fail into intake escalation. 

#74 meatsauce

• 329 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:31 AM

Cerebrolysin is the tits 

#75 Irishdude

• 102 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:56 PM

Cerebrolysin is the tits 

How long you using it and do you cycle?

#76 meatsauce

• 329 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 04:25 PM

I used it for a month in a half and ran out. Im about to start another cycle. I would do 2 day on one day off and sometimes one day on and one day off. Liposomal glutathione on the days off as I read cerebrolysin depletes that. I was also using NSI 189 with it and a little dihexa. 

#77 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:41 PM

if "another racetam" wins i'm taking that to mean ginkgo, because ginkgo is clearly in the league of racetams.  and if caffeine wins i'm taking that to mean tea.  it's no competition.  tea even smells nice, which is more than you can say about the pungent aroma of brewed coffee or the stale air floating around your mom's sweats after a run to the corner store

• Disagree x 1

#78 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 10:41 PM

Edited by gamesguru, 28 April 2017 - 10:42 PM.

#79 Diamondz

• 42 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:17 AM

I selected Selegiline.

I had high selection preference for Piracetam, Modafinil, Melatonin, and an acetylcholine agent, with preference of Selegiline due to neuroprotection, ability tor raise DA levels, and cognition activation. I'll buy Selegiline and write the experience, there's a high desire to personal note if it's a pleasurable compound, activating, and doesn't produce a sick-feeling even though it's not toxic. I'm not compelling not to try it. Piracetam would be my first/second choice. Modafinil/Adderall were performance agents in my mind.

#80 Mike C

• 84 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 10:31 AM

Intense exercise trumps all this chump stuff.
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#81 bowong

• 5 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:32 AM

Modafinil.

It makes me focused, alert and energetic over long periods of time. I can take one in the morning and work focused on a complex task. Best combined with piracetam/choline or phenibut if you also have to be social during the day.

My life is quite accurately described as pre- and post-modafinil. I first started 1,5 years ago now (cycling, of course). Since then my accomplishments have grown several fold.

The main reason is that modafinil allows me to be productive after a long day work at my day job, so that I can work on my start-ups.

#82 Nootropicsjet

• 12 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:24 PM

Adrafinil, but now I switched to Fluorenol (Hydrafinil). More effective than Modafinil/Adrafinil. Increased mood, memory and focus, better recall, and way more energy throughout the day.

#83 mono

• 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 November 2018 - 11:36 PM

Racetams are simply divine, that is when they work. I feel I’ve always enjoyed the selection of differing racetams as opposed to Piracetam alone. The racetam experience is just an incredible thing, plus they are legal. The colour saturation, the mild euphoria, the focus, and on top of that they repair the brain. So that got my vote.

#84 smoghat

• 5 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 06:02 AM

I used to love modafinil, until it produced a histamine dump that led to mast cell delamination and a visit to the ER (when your blood pressure is 60/40, you really need some third party help). Racetams, however, are what mono said, divine.

#85 Diamondz

• 42 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:18 AM

To my own surprise; and not limiting — Hydergine was actually an intense, complex necrologicalmy, and organically psychedelic experience. Admittedly, a notable GERD reaction had been noted but I knew it was a common elicitation of ergoloids. The young and my natural health state must have been synergenic and promoted intense brain shocks and perception augmentation.

I consumed my first oral dose at age 17-18 in the amount of 0.5mg, and eventually once daily at 1mg on approximately day 4. Piracetam at both 50mg and 1,000mg remained effective as a potent nootropic; Selank was effective as a neurological enhancing agent and demonstrated physical and neurochemical augmentation without too much remark of differentiation.

Edited by Diamondz, 07 February 2019 - 01:19 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#86 Diamondz

• 42 posts

Posted 07 February 2019 - 01:31 AM

Intense exercise trumps all this chump stuff.

Ehh, it’s not practical to hold a biased stance on pharmacological augmentation and exercise which to be more effective than another.

It’s appropriate to understand application and benefit. I would run 2 miles around my sub-division every day or so; and once I would I sprinted home and caught my breath, I was on another plane — literally.

Life was very quantum; and very much kenetic. Remembers old days and nights if spacing out in my room never wondering where my mind was to wonder and was always in the realm of complex experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users