Photo
- - - - -

Facial Sagging/Volume Loss

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 j03

• 592 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:33 PM

I already use Retin A, sunblock, and have chemical peels, etc. But all the late nights and all nighters I pulled in my teens and early twenties are starting to show. I'm noticing sagging under my eyes and mid face and volume loss. The dark circles underneath are also stating to be very prominent. Is fat fillers the only option? I'd prefer something non-invasive and non cosmetic. Are there any creams to lift a sag? i read about DMAE cream and skin needling, any good studies on these?

Edited by k4t, 15 December 2010 - 11:37 PM.

#2 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:22 AM

Gelatin. It's big in Japan.

Edited by rwac, 16 December 2010 - 12:32 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Lufega

• 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 December 2010 - 02:52 AM

It's so inexpensive too ! You can make chicken wings at home with skin. The skin is rich in collagen and hyaluronic acid. Then, with the left over bones, make bone brothwhich is almost all collagen. It's a win/win situation on all sides.

Edited by Lufega, 16 December 2010 - 02:59 AM.

#4 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:51 AM

I don't think these gelatin and collagen supplements are going to do much. k4t, how old are you? Are you sure you are not just analyzing things too much and other people think you look fine? You may also just be a victim of your own genes.

What's your lifestyle like right now? I found that lots of sleep, very little stress and amazing workouts at the gym kept me looking fairly plump and young in the face. I remember being 34 and leaving the gym looking like I had a face lift. People thought I was 25 or 26 back then. I think the key to my workouts was a long and thorough meditative stretch.

#5 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:05 AM

k4t, you might want to try Juvess. (The sponsor of this forum, coincidentally.) I found it to help with sagging. Other things that are generally beneficial to skin are BioSil (or JarrowSil), Lutein (20mg/d), and I'll add a +1 for gelatin.

#6 j03

• Topic Starter
  • 592 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:13 AM

How about I just take the gelatin in powdered/capsule form?

http://www.iherb.com...5-lb/21258?at=0

Does this work?

#7 j03

• Topic Starter
  • 592 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:16 AM

I don't think these gelatin and collagen supplements are going to do much. k4t, how old are you? Are you sure you are not just analyzing things too much and other people think you look fine? You may also just be a victim of your own genes.

What's your lifestyle like right now? I found that lots of sleep, very little stress and amazing workouts at the gym kept me looking fairly plump and young in the face. I remember being 34 and leaving the gym looking like I had a face lift. People thought I was 25 or 26 back then. I think the key to my workouts was a long and thorough meditative stretch.

My skin is generally alright, it's just under my eyes the dark circles are getting really pronounced. The skin is also thinning out and looks to be sagging. For work I'm in front of a computer all day and as i aforementioned I spent a lot of nights in my early 20's pulling all nighters because of chronic insomnia. I'm also stress prone and have sinus allergies. I think this all adds up

#8 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 07:03 AM

My skin is generally alright, it's just under my eyes the dark circles are getting really pronounced. The skin is also thinning out and looks to be sagging. For work I'm in front of a computer all day and as i aforementioned I spent a lot of nights in my early 20's pulling all nighters because of chronic insomnia. I'm also stress prone and have sinus allergies. I think this all adds up

You gotta try to optimize feeling well. Do everything you can to feel good most of the time and eliminate chronic stress. So you had some chronic insomnia in your early 20s, your body is still in high power repair mode, you should be able to rejuvenate some if you do all the right things. Also do what you can to reduce allergic responses as much as possible. This would fit in to the feeling as well as possible of course. If you don't do it already, exercise 4 to 5 days a week and, like I said, stretch properly. This will help relieve your body of the stress that can take a toll on your looks. Moderate to intense exercise also increases growth hormone, blood flow, and the output of some feel good neurotransmitters, all of which can contribute to a better looking appearance.

#9 infinityXme

• 51 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 03:42 PM

I take oral PABA supplements for added volume and I love the results I've gotten from it so far on my cheeks. I don't see much change in my under eye skin however. I work behind computers too. Maybe too much eyestrain is too tough for any creme or supplement.

#10 JohnD60

• 540 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 04:09 PM

I recently came to the conclusion that the 'dark circles' under my eyes really fall into the category of 'tear trough deformity'. I spent a lot of time and money on moisturizers and a dozen ofter skin related remedies, but they didn't work because the problem is that I have a huge hollow there related in part to genetics and in part to age related bone loss around the eye, and that the only remedy (short of surgical implant) is a lot of filler in the tear trough area. I would suggest reading up on it to see if you have a similar problem.

Edited by JohnD60, 16 December 2010 - 04:10 PM.

#11 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:22 PM

The dark circles are probably related to your allergies. My wife and son are prone to exactly that. For both of them, getting treated by an allergist has been very helpful. I'd find an allergist and get skin-tested for common allergens. Then you can come up with a reasonable treatment plan. I found immunotherapy (allergy shots) to be a life-saver, myself.
  • Good Point x 1

#12 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:08 PM

I take oral PABA supplements for added volume and I love the results I've gotten from it so far on my cheeks. I don't see much change in my under eye skin however. I work behind computers too. Maybe too much eyestrain is too tough for any creme or supplement.

Wow. Every other person I meet states a different supplement that has done the deed for them. It is becoming confusion as hell. Would you care to post some relevant extracts related to PABAs effect on volume?

Back on subject, according to some people on certain skincare forums, facial exercising is suppose to yield some kind of results where sagging is concerned. Maybe you can check it out?

My skin tends to look better when I am supplementing l-carnosine (see all relevant information regarding glycation and skin damage etc).

#13 Scentless100

• 10 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:24 PM

I've always wandered about the validity of facial exercises. Do they work? And is there any evidence out there that shows they work?

#14 VesperLynd

• 180 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:55 AM

(1) No evidence I am aware of shows that facial exercise has any impact on facial tightening.

(1) Tear trough hollowness is usually remedied by use of dermal fillers.

(3) Sagging is usually remedied by surgery.

#15 Mr Serendipity

• 982 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

Best thing to tighten skin is cold water.

Start taking cold showers, or at least end your hot shower with cold water.

You could also fill your bath tub, or a bucket, up with cold water and submerge your face in there for 10-20 seconds, obviously coming up to breath.

Whatever your method of applying cold temperature water to your skin, it will tighten your skin.

Weirdly enough I've noticed cold baths and cold showers also gave me a tan. I assume it's just better circulation.

Edited by manny, 11 January 2013 - 09:03 AM.

#16 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

My ex gf used to do a splash of cold water for each year of her age after washing her face, she would also have some blasts of cold water in the shower.

Best and only real thing that could help is fillers.

At the moment I am trying creatine to see if I can bloat my face out. Im looking good at the moment so maybe this is helping.

#17 daouda

• 469 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

I am trying creatine to see if I can bloat my face out

lol it does work but this water weight will quickly wear off once you discontinue creatine.

#18 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

I am trying creatine to see if I can bloat my face out

lol it does work but this water weight will quickly wear off once you discontinue creatine.

I have read a lot in the past on BB forums, some people say it only bloats your face while loading it at 5g or so in the initial few weeks and others say it bloats them their entire time using it.

I have used in on and off in the past and have not noticed either way at the time but looking back on pics now I can see it.
It could just be that in those periods I am working out and being more healthy but my nasolabial folds, cheeks and under eye areas are more full when on it making me look younger. I want to get back into the gym and will continue taking creatine for a long time taking a week or two break every few months.

If creatine bloats every muscle in the body with water then having every facial muscle enlarged even just a tiny bit would give the skin a tighter look and stretch those fold and wrinkles away a little.

#19 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

Fat injections.
The doctor uses a needle to remove fat from your stomach and inject it into various portions of your face. It helps flatten your stomach, though not like liposuction, and fill out your face.
I had it done last week and I'm happy with the results.

#20 JBForrester

• 350 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

Has anyone tried supplemental ceramides (I think they're marketed as "ceramides with lipowheat")? They supposedly are a key component of the skin barrier function, and you can find them easily in whole wheat grains. I find it quite coincidental that when I started on the paleo diet a year ago (lasted only 5 months or so) that my skin became frightfully saggy. Two days ago I've started eating baguettes in the morning and my skin has transformed quite impressively (so far it could be my imagination though, only photo documentation can tell - though my mood was certainly lifted).
  • like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#21 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

I use ceramides topically. I've seen the product you mention being pushed by the Life Extension Foundation. If it were as easy as just eating whole wheat grains, what would be the point of the supplement? I've been on Paleo since last July and saw no sagging.

#22 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

Fat injections.
The doctor uses a needle to remove fat from your stomach and inject it into various portions of your face. It helps flatten your stomach, though not like liposuction, and fill out your face.

Hi, you are happy with the results already? What are the effects while recovering? I thought that they used a large needle and that there was some recovery time needed with fat injections?

Good luck with it!

#23 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

Fat injections.

Hi, you are happy with the results already? What are the effects while recovering? I thought that they used a large needle and that there was some recovery time needed with fat injections?

Good luck with it!

It was done at the same time as other cosmetic surgery (mini facelift ). There was some swelling and slight bruising which has dissipated . It's been almost two weeks and I feel good. The recovery for the fat injections alone wouldn't be more than a few days, if that...unless some bruises develop. The needle couldn't have been that large....( I was anesthetized )
The results are what I expected, and wanted. A reversal of some slight facial sagging, and some volume replaced. It isn't obvious that I had anything done except to those people that know me well, and see me frequently.

Edited by Kevnzworld, 10 February 2013 - 04:44 PM.

#24 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

At the moment I am trying creatine to see if I can bloat my face out.

Bloatface is not attractive either, and might cause further stretching of the skin and sagging later.

#25 Bellastella

• 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:35 PM

Hi guys, I am really interested about the PABA, anybody got anymore feedback about this stuff for cheek plumping, or general face enhancement  please?  Thank you :)

#26 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:50 AM

Hi guys, I am really interested about the PABA, anybody got anymore feedback about this stuff for cheek plumping, or general face enhancement  please?  Thank you :)

I've never seen one shred of evidence that PABA will no anything special for your face.

• Good Point x 1

#27 Bellastella

• 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:38 AM

Hi MustardSeed, thank you. Me neither... I am new to this site and I have been reading posts for the past 3 days :laugh:

I am very happy with  my skin overall, it really improved with Retin A and Vit C Serum. However I have got no face fat at all...

Yesterday I realized that I have not got any fat anywhere else either... its either muscle... or where there is no muscle... its bone..

I am happy with my shape overall.. but my face needs some volume. So.. looking for the fountain of youth :-D

#28 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:12 PM

Derma-needling has been clinically proven to induce collagen synthesis.

It takes 1.5mm length needle for best results, at that depth utmost care for sterility of needles and skin are important.

High supplementation of Vitamin C (ascorbate) is necessary to support the collagen synthesis.

There is also a laser based treatment that heats the collagen under the skin causing it to contract and also induce collagen synthesis.

There is also threading -- which causes collagen synthesis google "thread lift"

All these processes induce collagen synthesis due to micro injury of the collagen layer.

Also google "jack lalane facial exercises" - you can find on youtube

Most of these treatments take months (6-10 or more) to show results.

Edited by sensei, 27 December 2014 - 09:15 PM.

#29 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:24 AM

It takes 1.5mm length needle for best results, at that depth utmost care for sterility of needles and skin are important.

High supplementation of Vitamin C (ascorbate) is necessary to support the collagen synthesis.

There is also a laser based treatment that heats the collagen under the skin causing it to contract and also induce collagen synthesis.

All these processes induce collagen synthesis due to micro injury of the collagen layer.

Newer research from Dr. Lance Setterfield has shown that Dermarollers 0.5mm induce collagen. He has shown that even cosmetic rolls of 0.3mm can produce collagen via a different pathway than medical rolls.

https://www.facebook...doc.setterfield

Edited by mustardseed41, 28 December 2014 - 03:30 AM.

#30 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 05:00 AM

Newer research from Dr. Lance Setterfield has shown that Dermarollers 0.5mm induce collagen. He has shown that even cosmetic rolls of 0.3mm can produce collagen via a different pathway than medical rolls.

https://www.facebook...doc.setterfield

Can you post a link to the research papers -- I would much rather use .3 or .5 ; .3 you really don't even need the numbing gel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users