Photo

Another SMI2LE.BIZ horror story

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
570 replies to this topic

#31 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 01:09 AM

In the beginning of December I should have enough time to organize a consumer oriented testing experiment. I probably will use all my own personal funds in this experiment, but need to work with other members in this community to have unique samples submitted by unique members to ensure the credibility of the results; as I no longer am viewed here (by some readers) as independent.

This would certainly give a great deal of credibility to smi2le.

#32 gulasch

• 38 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (magr)

Do really think that i would make up such a story?

I also belive that guys who complain about rizzer, becouse I am waiting for my order myself. But i phoned him and know that it will take some time because he is currently out of stock of some stuff. We agreed to keep in contact by phone. I told him to call him at the end of the week. Thats's tomorrow. I am patient and ready to wait another week if necessary. I also tolld him that I want to order other stuff, what he also doesn't have in stock as well. I think it is not necessary to go crazy.
Just wait till his buisness will work again. I think he is getting to many mails. Answearing all of them is surely impossible, but I always catched him at phone, when I called him.
If some guys are to dumb to type a few numbers in their phone it's their fault - my opinion. [thumb]
take care
paul

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#33 lynx

• 643 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 01:32 AM

I just recieved some theanine yesterday which was part of an order I placed a month ago. So, I guess he is catching up when things become available.

#34 gulasch

• 38 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 01:38 AM

In the beginning of December I should have enough time to organize a consumer oriented testing experiment. I probably will use all my own personal funds in this experiment, but need to work with other members in this community to have unique samples submitted by unique members to ensure the credibility of the results; as I no longer am viewed here (by some readers) as independent.

I also think that would be a great idea, though the powders always seem to be clear. 1st my eye can only see one substance. And they surely work.

But to be objectiv: you know we do not have that sharp eyes to see everything and it also could be a placebo effect, though I do not think so.

I can't wait to see nootropi's project results -It' a great idea [thumb] [thumb]

Paul

#35 gulasch

• 38 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 01:39 AM

I just recieved some theanine yesterday which was part of an order I placed a month ago. So, I guess he is catching up when things become available.

thats the point!!

#36 magr

• Topic Starter
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 06:57 AM

Specifically: take note that the longer term members here don't have nearly as many negative things to say about Rizzer's service. 

Why should people be treated different in your opinion?

I have not recieved what i have ordered, period.

It is certainly possible. As I have already said, the last thing this community needs are members who ONLY come here to complain.

I am fairly new to these things so if i would have posted anything earlier, that would likely have been some (in your opinion) stupid question already asked 1000 times.
I just fealt that i had to post this story because it is driving me crazy being treated like this!

Fear not, you have made your best effort to make me feel unwelcome so i doubt i will get many posts on this board = i will never be credible.

If some guys are to dumb to type a few numbers in their phone it's their fault - my opinion.

That was totally uncalled for, calling me dumb.
If someone can't answer an email, what's he then?

I do not need to call him, i can contact my credit card company and i will get my money back. I would not want to do that but it seems i have to.

#37 haim78

• 11 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 10:39 AM

I've received my order in perfect conditions from smi2le (I live in Spain). I even received a little bit more quantity of aniracetam.
If we only post the bad experiences we do not give a real image of what is going on with this matter and I think I'm not the only one that have been sent everything I asked for

#38 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:02 PM

Magr: please, stop whining. I do not have time for that. No offense, but you are annoying me now with your questions (because you keep asking the same ones over and over and over again, while they have already been answered). If you walked into my store right now, I would probably turn you away because of your attitude. I can just see Rizzer reading your emails and rolling his eyes and thinking to himself "oh god, another one of these the world revolves around me proper people..."

I do not need to call him, i can contact my credit card company and i will get my money back. I would not want to do that but it seems i have to.

Fine, call your credit card company and get your money back and leave us alone. If all you are going to do is use this forum as a place to spew, and not share, your posts are not constructive; they are obtrusive and annoying. This forum's mission is to discuss nootropics and brain enhancers; if you want to start your own discussion forum that focuses on complaining, please do so as soon as possible.

If only you were able to focus all of your anger onto something constructive...

#39 gulasch

• 38 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:58 PM

@ magr
But how i told he gets lots of mails, I think you are not the only one who complains. And I suggest that if lots of guys keep writing severl mail per week and there are a lot of guys like that, itis sure very difficult to keep an overview abut that. I think you want him to return in buisness as quick as possible. So let the guy do his job.

@notroopi
I fully agree with you
It surely makes Mike angry

Yeh maybe on himself or a punshing ball

#40 magr

• Topic Starter
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 03:35 PM

Magr: please, stop whining. I do not have time for that. No offense, but you are annoying me now with your questions (because you keep asking the same ones over and over and over again, while they have already been answered). If you walked into my store right now, I would probably turn you away because of your attitude. I can just see Rizzer reading your emails and rolling his eyes and thinking to himself "oh god, another one of these the world revolves around me proper people..."

What is your problem?

I have only told you the facts.

I do not think that the world revolves around me. But i paid for something that i have not recieved.

You most certainly have nothing constructive in this thread to offer so why do you need to read and post here?

Where have i asked the same questions over and over again?
You are the one with repeating yourself.

I thought this would help me in some way because i was so angry with the situation but now i feel even worse.
Yes, i take this personally.

I hope somebody other than nootropi or gulasch could give me a comment on my behaviour.

Am i infact whining for no reason?

#41 geigertube

• 76 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 03:42 PM

I can safely say that most members with over 100 posts here have some credibility.  Credible enough to be patient when they contact Rizzer.  Rizzer is probabaly in the place where he can select the customers he wants to deal with and avoid the potentially troublesome ones.  The name of the game in Rizzer's world is limited liability.  Keep that in mind.

Now if any of the members mentioned above have troubles with Rizzer's service then your claims have some weight.  But until that day, (if you are a new member here) please feel free to do anything other than discredit Rizzer.

I don't have 100 posts, (and I have no idea what this Ad Hominem correlation between post numbers and truth is all about) but I have ordered from Rizzer, and while I enjoy his prices and product, I find his communication regarding orders to be pretty poor. I haven't had any emails answered, and orders have arrived with missing product, without any receipt, or anything showing where the rest of the order is. Just a simple slip saying "Product X- Backordered" would be nice.

Its probably a function of the "Pick any two: Fast, cheap, good" maxim. :)

A quick phone call takes care of all of this, though. I'd encourage anyone with a problem to just call the guy. Its quick and easy. And perhaps these problems will clear up in the future when he has time to get things back in order.

Because of his prices and selection, I'm willing to make some phone calls to make up for poor customer service. Two minutes of my time and a quarter of long distance fees is worth the savings.

YMMV, however.

steven

#42 gulasch

• 38 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE  nootropi

QUOTE gulasch
Yeh maybe on himself or a punshing ball

I did not mean that seriously - people shouldn't have any anger at all. Anger functions destructive; on you and the people you deal with. It'll never lead you in the right direction.
ANd the disapointing thing about that is, that we have to deal with too much anger everywhere. I could write a book about that now (regarding relationships betwwen humans; terrorism) , but i think most guys here know what I mean.
It is sad, but there are too less people who think that way, but it is not their fault because they never learned it differntly.

It is important to look on such stuff objectively. If you don't like the way it goes phone your bank and leave rizzer doing his thing. Amd stop complaing on him here and rizzer by mailbombing him. It's the best for both sides.

anger causes counter-anger

Peace
Paul

#43 gulasch

• 38 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 07:50 PM

@ nootropi
Sorry I know it does not belong into this thread, but could you answear my question in mine hydergine thread - of course only if you know that answear and I am pretty sure that you know it [lol] .
thanks
Paul

#44 dopamine

• 210 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 08:24 PM

from Smi2le.biz:

We have been steadily getting out all orders and have gotten to some of the email but still have a decent amount of messages to answer, If you were wondering about order status; Any orders not yet shipped should be shipped out by the end of this week or Monday; At which time we beleive we should be fully caught up on everything. We thank everyone for their patience and support.

This update on his website seems to indicate that although they have had trouble answering all of their e-mails, they intend to answer the rest at some point in time. So, if he is telling people on the phone that he is not answering e-mails and he is telling people on his website that he is, I don't think one can escape the conclusion that he is misleading customers either intentionally or unintentionally as regards the mechanism of communication he intends to use to contact his customers. This, of course, leads to much frustration and anger - justifiably, since most people don't appreciate being misled.

Furthermore, I believe that the public (in whatever faction it may manifest itself in) should know or have access to consumer reports about particular companies. Granted, some people tend to only speak up when something bad happens as opposed to a good experience, but that in no way nullifies or renders inadequate a system of information by which consumers can make well informed decisions.

That is why I fully advocate and encourage those who have had either good or bad experiences with various companies relating to the topic (e.g. nootropics) to post their remarks, whether they have a thousand posts or whether it is their first one. As a community based on exchange of information and ideas, it is abhorrent to suggest that we should instinctively respond to new members with a preconceived distrust of the information and ideas they present.

#45 magr

• Topic Starter
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 08:27 PM

I see that some people have had delays with phenibut and that could be the cause for the delay.

Maybe he was out of it when he said he would send it and didn't know it.

You are right, anger is not good for anybody.

#46 geigertube

• 76 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:14 PM

When I spoke to him on Thursday (18th) he said that he had a tracking number on the Phenibut, and would be getting that out to people ASAP.

Steven

#47 thefirstimmortal

• Life Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:32 PM

I hope somebody other than nootropi or gulasch could give me a comment on my behaviour.

Magr, I realize that you have some compliants against rizzer and his shortcomings. By all accounts, if we are to be fair, it's too late in the day to say that rizzer doesn't have some issues that he needs to address. That put into perspective, I do think a few of you here are being a little hard on Magr. The complaints have merit, and other here such as Unipolar have posted more agressive posts than Magr.

To be fair to Nootropi however Magr, I wold like to call to your attention the closing remark on your first post

I can bet Nootropi can come up with a lot of reasons to defend rizzer but as thing look now i don't think he will be in business for very long.

You did kinda draw first blood, so I can see why Nootropi has been hard on you.

I would like to address one more remark from Nootropi

If all you are going to do is use this forum as a place to spew, and not share, your posts are not constructive; they are obtrusive and annoying. This forum's mission is to discuss nootropics and brain enhancers; if you want to start your own discussion forum that focuses on complaining, please do so as soon as possible.

I agree that this forums mission is to discuss nootropics and brain enhancers, but this is a single thread in the forum, the heading being "Another SMI2LE.BIZ horror story, This this is getting the best of me." I think it's entirely appropriate to have such a thread, no matter what side you stand on the current issue of Rizzers business practices. Magr need not be frowned upon for expressing his views. One function of this forum is to invite dispute. It may indeed best serve its high purpose when it induces a condition of unrest such as we have here.

You all Live Long and Well.

#48 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (magr)

Fine, call your credit card company and get your money back and leave us alone. If all you are going to do is use this forum as a place to spew, and not share, your posts are not constructive; they are obtrusive and annoying. This forum's mission is to discuss nootropics and brain enhancers; if you want to start your own discussion forum that focuses on complaining, please do so as soon as possible.

Nootropi, encouraging people to contact their credit card companies rather than trying to find another way to work this out will result with smi2le getting his merchant account yanked. This is not a good thing.

#49 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 01:23 AM

I agree that this forums mission is to discuss nootropics and brain enhancers, but this is a single thread in the forum, the heading being "Another SMI2LE.BIZ horror story, This this is getting the best of me." I think it's entirely appropriate to have such a thread, no matter what side you stand on the current issue of Rizzers business practices. Magr need not be frowned upon for expressing his views. One function of this forum is to invite dispute. It may indeed best serve its high purpose when it induces a condition of unrest such as we have here.

couldn't agree more.

#50 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 02:16 AM

Look: you guys do not understand what I am saying. I have spent more time typing in this exact forum about this issue than discussing nootropics; and this is getting old REALLY fast!

Don't you get it? It seems that several of you have very limited perspective and consequently have limited perception as well with respect to this matter.

I have already stated very clearly that nobody is required to buy anything from Rizzer.

I stand behind his business still. He has every right to lag as long as he wants to deliver the orders that are placed at his site. He very clearly states that he is out of stock on some items.

If you don't make the effort to contact him by phone, in my opinion you should not even order from him. Is that clear?

I have no idea what some of you guys are thinking at all. Why have we digressed here to discuss this issue?

Nobody is required to buy from Rizzer.

Hell, I don't care; I would even tell Rizzer myself to not deal with characters like Magr. In my opinion, some of you are ridiculous; you need to consider that this forum is not a spew hole. :)

I HATE repeating myself over and over again.

If you don't "feel comfortable" calling Rizzer, then don't do business with him.

In my opinion, if you are afraid of the sound of your own voice, and cannot dial Rizzer's phone number, then I don't think Rizzer should do business with you at all.

If Rizzer does not send you your product, then you have every right to call your credit card company and complain. This is a procedure, just like ordering from Rizzer. If Rizzer fails to refund your money, then he should not be in business. This is not a confusing matter for me as it is for several of you; while I do respect several of you in this thread with respect to your contributions discussing nootropics, but I must say that many of you have no idea what kind of liability concerns Rizzer has already taken to be in the business he is in.

Several of you -- no offense -- need to re-read the definition of limited liabilty. I propose Rizzer add another disclaimer to his site that says: "We reserve the right to refuse business to any customer."

He should avoid anybody who bitches from the get go, as I would in any business in which I would engage.

Some of you need to take business 101 again. That is my view on the matter. Look how much typing I have done for this issue! I could have been typing about nootropics. But you have turned me into a petty customer service representative who is not paid a cent, and I really don't like it! Do you guys not see that this is not a spew forum?

If Rizzer does not send you your product, then call him.

How many times must I repeat myself?

If you are too bashful to call him and he does not send you your product, then call your credit card company and complain! Some people are PAID to listen to people bitch; BUT NOT ME, okay?

Please permit this forum to discuss nootropics and not make us each a customer service representative! What a waste of time and intellect!

Edited by nootropi, 20 November 2004 - 02:38 AM.

#51 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 03:58 AM

nootropi; You are not required to respond to any of this. You could simply ignore it.

This issue is very relevant. This is a nootropics forum and rizzer is a prime supplier of nootropics.

If you wish to limit yourself to discussing the science of nootropics then do so.

#52 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 04:09 AM

nootropi;  You are not required to respond to any of this.  You could simply ignore it.

This issue is very relevant.  This is a nootropics forum and rizzer is a prime supplier of nootropics.

If you wish to limit yourself to discussing the science of nootropics then do so.

I will say what I please, like it or not, elrond.

I am sick and tired of some of the nonsense you are engaging in here. No offense, but that is what it is: nonsense; and you are among those infecting this forum by propogating and further supporting this trivial type of discourse. Do you really feel the need to persist with this type of circular logic or can it cease? You are among those now polluting this forum with spam. This is not a place to bring your complaints about a service. Please bring these concerns to the attention of the authorities if it is indeed a rational, fact based complaint based on reason.

This issue has been addressed and settled. We need to move on to more pertinent issues.

#53 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 04:24 AM

You will say what you please but others should not do the same. Seems mighty hypocritical to me.

I do not wish to stop you from speaking your mind. I was merely suggested to you that you ignore it. If you do not wish to that is your own concern.

I will probably buy from smi2le in the future. But this doesn't mean that people who are having problems with him do not have a right to speak their minds.

I do not wish to get into a bad natured argument with you. I apologize if you believe I told you to keep out of this discussion, but I do not believe I did that. You are free to respond to those posts that you deem it appropriate for you to respond to, and so shall I. And so shall anyone else.

#54 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 04:36 AM

Look: This is the way I see things:

1. A guy runs a business.

2. Some customers are happy.

3. Some are not.

4. The guy running the business cannot satisfy every customer; especially if he is the only employee of the business.

5. People on the Internet come to this forum to read about nootropics.

6. Some people come to this forum and have items for discussion.

7. Some read, and don't say anything, and are largely parasitic; for those whom do not contribute any postings are benefiting from those who do share their thoughts.

8. Some read, purchase based on the thoughts and postings of members here, and in the same nature: refer back to #1, then #2, and, of course, #3 and 4.

9. Some people, without ever contributing anything positive, open their mouth and yap about how they are not happy with a service that IS NOT AFFILIATED with this site or any of its members.

10. Such comments are welcome. However, once they are made, it is largely useless to continue with such a discussion, based on the fact that this forum is not equipped to arbitrate these issues.

I do not want to come to this forum and discuss customer service issues. They can be handled by the appropriate individuals; I do not want to see this kind of continual babble. I know Rizzer; I know how he operates. I am sure he does not want to do business with several individuals whom have personality issues that may be a liability concern. HE HAS EVERY RIGHT TO DENY HIS SERVICE TO SUCH INDIVIDUALS. If there indeed are credit card charge issues, bring them to the appropriate place! I repeat! We cannot help you arbitrate these matters! If he indeed is fraudulent, then his service will be ceased regardless; and it is apparent that some individuals just are plain too timid to do the footwork necessary to fulfill Rizzer's expectations of his customers. We are talking about a guy who has to TRUST his customers. Therefore, surely he should be selective.

Let me remind you of Rizzer's policy:

Any customer who wants to test one of our products via an independent lab service we will be glad to give you store credit for any costs associated with you having the tests done. The only difference between our aniracetam and the stuff that costs $44.95 for 15grams is the price; We are willing to bet that ours is of higher quality then the more expensive stuff and if you'd like to test both of them; we will give you store credit for the costs of the tests.

Respect him. If you do not respect him, he probably won't do business with you.

That is how I see this issue.

Case closed.

Next topic, please!

#55 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 04:47 AM

I will tell you how I see this issue.

This is a discussion board. We are discussing.

And if I may be so blunt the reason this topic probably ballooned to it's present proportions is because you told the community here to completely ignore the person that created it. Something about their ideas being meaningless because they didn't have enough posts. This immediately created a confrontational attitude with just about everyone below your 100 post limit.

I want to hear the bad as well as the good about companies that I consider doing business with.

Is rizzer overloaded? Probably. My advice to those that are having problems with him is the same as yours, call him. I would like to hear if calling him resolves your issues.

There are no hard feelings on my side Nootropi. But you can't yell "SHUT UP" at people who are discussing something you don't want to discuss.

#56 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 04:50 AM

Yes, I certainly can say SHUT UP. You are discussing this topic in a community that I care about.

Speak your mind, please. But once you make your point, there comes a time when you are banging your head against the wall: nothing beneficial will come out of such activity. Proceed if you wish, but I disqualify you from my respect.

#57 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 05:02 AM

Luckily for me I do not care about having your respect.

There is a whole list of things I could say about you. But I will not. You are the one making this into a personal issue. And in that I will have no part.

#58 jpars82

• 104 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 November 2004 - 10:27 AM

I have to agree with some of what elrond says. Some of the comments nootropi makes do more to hurt than help this forum.

#59 nootropi

• 1,207 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 02:02 PM

I have to agree with some of what elrond says.  Some of the comments nootropi makes do more to hurt than help this forum.

I welcome you to please explain, in detail, your case.

How am I to help this forum if I don't identify what I see clearly as garbage? Circular logic never worked for me. Maybe some of you enjoy circular logic. Let me make it clear: I don't.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#60 krieg

• 37 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 02:44 PM

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users