Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Stablon - Tianeptine

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

I saw it on magicpharma they have servier and intas for decent prices. Never ordered from them though...

#32 Bruce6815

• 52 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:41 AM

I saw it on magicpharma they have servier and intas for decent prices. Never ordered from them though...

Hmm...they are selling the Coaxil brand (licensed by Servier), manufactured by an Indian generics pharma company "Intas" with manufacturing in India, UK, and Mexico. Also selling the Coaxil brand manufactured by Servier's Indian subsidiary, "Serdia," for double the normal (Turkish) price.

But, the question is whether MagicPharma.com is legit. I found very stale (circa 5-6 years old) glowing reviews on "Askville."

So at least the domain name has been around for awhile. However, I see reports that they are often out of stock. It appears that they stock a huge number of items; so maybe they stock nothing and order from a distributor as they receive orders.

I have another conspiracy theory. If fntms is correct about France having made Tianeptine a strictly-controlled drug, and Servier is obsviously subject to French law, this may affect Servier's international distribution ability. Looking at the packages for the Stablon that I have been getting from Aurapharm, it appears that the product is either manufactured or packaged in a Servier facility in Istanbul. So, maybe the French regulators are able to put the kabosh on Stablon over a wide area? But why, for such an established, safe drug as Stablon? Unless tianeptine is becoming sufficiently popular that it is stealing market share from the SSRI's, and the drug manufacturers themselves are doing this?

Could the fact that Servier's Valdoxan recently took a nosedive over issues with liver toxicity have anything to do with tianeptine, which is not even remotely related?

I don't know; I just hope to find a reliable source soon.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#33 Bruce6815

• 52 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:13 AM

Ok, I read the magicpharma.com FAQS, and one thing is a bit disturbing. There is a discrepancy as to whether they are shipping Standard Airmail or Registered Airmail. Their excuse for not providing a tracking number is that they are shipping Standard Airmail. Then they contradict that to explain how they resolve things if the order is not received within 28 days. This is a bit like Aurapharm, but worse. Aurapharm says ok to contact after 14 days. Also, there is a third-party payment system with Aurapharm, "Veripayment," who initiates tracking. It appears that there is no third-party mediator with magicpharma.com.

Also, they have a "no cancellation" policy. Sheesh!

I sent them the following email:

Hi,

(1) Is Stablon currently in stock? Which one, the Instas brand or the Servier-Serdia brand?

(2) One of your FAQs reads:

"Can I track my order?
You will recieve a shipping confirmation email. Standard Air mail shipping provides no online tracking service and must be tracked from our end."

However, a few FAQs below reads:

"All Packages are sent via Registered Airmail, Which means that the consignment is traceable and we can do tracking from the local Post Office.

So, which is correct? Are the packages sent via Standard Airmail or Registered Airmail?

If by Registered Airmail, is it not possible to request a tracking number when placing an order? My concern here is that I need to know that the order has shipped within the two days that you suggest. It would be unacceptable to learn 28 days later that something went wrong.

Thank you!

Edited by Bruce6815, 25 November 2012 - 06:15 AM.

#34 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

I have another conspiracy theory. If fntms is correct about France having made Tianeptine a strictly-controlled drug, and Servier is obsviously subject to French law, this may affect Servier's international distribution ability. Looking at the packages for the Stablon that I have been getting from Aurapharm, it appears that the product is either manufactured or packaged in a Servier facility in Istanbul. So, maybe the French regulators are able to put the kabosh on Stablon over a wide area? But why, for such an established, safe drug as Stablon? Unless tianeptine is becoming sufficiently popular that it is stealing market share from the SSRI's, and the drug manufacturers themselves are doing this?

Could the fact that Servier's Valdoxan recently took a nosedive over issues with liver toxicity have anything to do with tianeptine, which is not even remotely related?

I don't know; I just hope to find a reliable source soon.

Stablon has been put on strict control because there have been many cases of abuse and "dependency", apparently...(1/1000 patients).

#35 Bruce6815

• 52 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:05 AM

I have read about a few cases of attempting to abuse Stablon, mainly in Eastern Europe. It is listed as a drug with very low abuse potential, though.

What I cannot understand about the situation, though, is why a change in the control level in one country, France, would make Stablon unavailable to the rest of the world from the suppliers in Turkey. How does that work?

#36 Bruce6815

• 52 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

Well, I just called Hande BUYUKSUDA from OzayPharma, who says that Stablon is now a controlled substance in Turkey. So...maybe now suppliers will spring up in India, Mexico, etc.

I can get it all day in the U.S. from Canadian pharmacies with a script. However, my pdoc says that he cannot write a script for a medication that does not exist in the American pharmacopia. So we have this catch-22 happening...

This situation is beyond crazy, given that tianeptine is the only antidepressant that seems to work for me. Downright "depressing" situation...

Edited by Bruce6815, 26 November 2012 - 11:25 AM.

#37 Erin

• 10 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

Hi everybody

Just a small peace of information about the restrictions now in the country where Tianeptin was created:
You can get it with social security refunding,but the prescription has to be written on special paper; Also,a doctor in the past could make a prescription for say,2 pills per day for a month,also writing that this could be renewed,say two times. Pharmacies are not anymore allowed to accept this: You will be turned down if you come back for renewal,whether you are in the shop that delivered the first month or another one.

The context is, 1) that the maker Mr Servier is facing court action for trying to hide dangerous side effects of another one of his products,Mediator. 2) The official security authorities have been caught not doing their job in the Mediator affair,and are probably now in panic. 3) Social security is struggling,trying to control expenses; It has some authority over the activity of self-employed doctors and has indeed been seen calling them to point out that products like Stablon are not supposed to be taken for years; It is "subtle": " Please look at this: Your prescriptions in these fields are diverging from those of your collegues,you may be diverging from recommendations "...

I dont know either,what the link is between this situation and Turkey. At the moment Aura are listing Stablon as "temporarily unavailable". Bruce are you getting by ?

#38 Bruce6815

• 52 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

Thank you for your kind insight into the Servier scandal, Erin. Yes, I am getting by, but only by purchasing the raw tianeptine salt and weighing it out...not a very consumer-friendly method of obtaining a useful, legitimate drug, to say the least.

One part of your information that seems very interesting but that I did not quite undertsand is "calling [self-employed doctors] to point out that products like Stablon are not supposed to be taken for years; its is 'subtle'."

(1) I can understand why French Social Security would pressure doctors to save money. But apparently the patent(s) for tianeptine are long expired, making Stablon a generic. If true, Stablon should be much cheaper than antidepressants under patent, for which French Social Security is presumably reimbursing. From a standpoint of economics, then, French Social Security should be encouraging generics such as Stablon? This all presumes that patent protection for pharmaceuticals works in France like it does in the U.S., with a limited term (20 years max. here), after which other drug companies can market the generic, causing the price to fall due to competition. Maybe that is not the case in France.

(2) What do you mean by your suggestion that French Social Security may be saying that Stablon is not intended for multi-year use because it is "subtle"? I may be misunderstanding your use of the term "subtle" in this context. Many if not most antidepressants are approved for long-term use because they merely treat symptoms and are not cures per se. Is Stablon any different in this regard? I have read many user reports of Stablon ceasing to be effective after a number of months or years of use. That is probably the case with many drugs. Not sure how that would be related to disapproval for long-term use, particularly since withdrawal seems to be such a small issue with Stablon. Do you have any additional information on the topic of Stablon for long-term use?

As to Aurapharm, not sure why they do not simply take Stablon down from their website rather than tagging it as "temporarily unavailable," particularly since they have communicated to some of us that they will not be carrying it from now on. Their website is a bit cludgey, so maybe it is more trouble to take it down and then put it back up if they later make it available when the storm blows over. Although they always shipped to me reliably, they burned themselves with me by failing to communicate when I wrote to them several times about the Stablon situation.

Thank you for your insight!
Bruce

Edited by Bruce6815, 23 December 2012 - 07:28 PM.

#39 Erin

• 10 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

Hi everybody !

Bruce,thanks for this prompt reply. I have tried,and will continue,to stick to facts that everybody involved would consider to be facts,without talking about things that I don't exactly know. Unfortunately,as one can guess I am not fluent in english.
I wanted to say that Social Security staff when speaking to a doctor could not appear to be giving any order; That would be war on the principle of " freedom of prescription "; It is impossible; Subtle pressures have to be used.

I have no explanation for the facts I am describing. I don't think there is a "conspiracy" as such. But if you were to speak to a panel of doctors,you would find half of them thinking that tianeptin is more or less useless. It was not in common use,and most of those who prescribed it did so after bad tolerance by the patient of one of the big brands of antidepressants they had prescribed for a start. At the moment,the product after years of having this image of a molecule that had never been tested properly ,is considered dead by pharmacies.
People in the US supporting Boeing have tried explaining to would-be buyers of Airbus products around the world,that these were not safe; That is fair practise, did not stop buyers. But imagine if one of the first supporters of Airbus,french aviation authority,suddently was the one grounding Aibus planes for security reasons ? That would be commercially destructive. Well,Stablon has been more or less put on a black list by the french drugs administration...
Your N°1 point is rational but we are not in the field of rationality here; If the doctor in my first reply here ,wants to carry on prescribing,the patient instead of having a prescription he can renew,is going to have to come again for the same prescription done as new,and Social Security will refund 2 or 3 visits instead of one.
2) Official guidelines here are that antidepressants should be prescribed for a matter of months,not years,while the patient starts things like psychotherapy.

Some anxious messages have appeared on forums,from patients saying that the stuff has changed their lives and they need it like some people who have heart disease need their lifetime treatment without being rejected as drug-addicts.

#40 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Although they always shipped to me reliably, they burned themselves with me by failing to communicate when I wrote to them several times about the Stablon situation.

Yes, that is my experience with them as well. I have wrote three emails to them before, with no reply whatsoever.

I have just ordered with magicpharma. I will let you know the quality of what I recieve.

#41 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Don't go for generic tianeptine!

What I ordered from magicpharma is bullcrap. The effects are no where near as similar to the tabs I have tried from aurapharm.

The pills come with no side effects, but no positive effects either. In fact, no effects whatsoever. Placebo pills, don't waste your time and money.

Edited by Thorsten2, 06 January 2013 - 04:47 PM.

#42 Erin

• 10 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Hi Thorsten

Do you know where this generic was made ?
It seems MagicPharma'site cannot be accessed from the continent.

I heard from someone who had tried the Stablon from Turkey and was getting headaches he did not have under the one sold here. These headaches faded when he could get the local one again; This echoes what ManicRacetam says on another thread (about powders that may contain the stuff indeed,but also impurities ...)

#43 Bruce6815

• 52 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Hi Thorsten

Do you know where this generic was made ?
It seems MagicPharma'site cannot be accessed from the continent.

I heard from someone who had tried the Stablon from Turkey and was getting headaches he did not have under the one sold here. These headaches faded when he could get the local one again; This echoes what ManicRacetam says on another thread (about powders that may contain the stuff indeed,but also impurities ...)

See post #32, above.

#44 Bruce6815

• 52 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Also note that, at least under U.S. pharma rules, generics are permitted to contain +/- 20% of the active ingredient. A pdoc once told me that such variance could be critical in some cases. For example, effects are not necessarily a linear function of dosage. Thorsten, did you try taking two pills at once?

#45 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

No, I haven't, I suppose it could be worth a try. I'll report back with what I find. It's worth trying, but even if it does work, taking two at a time wouldn't be financially viable for me, so the quest for Servier grade tianeptine continues.

I did notice slightly increased libido from the tabs (it was definitely present, I suppose that was the only similarity with the Servier tabs).

I don't suppose any of you guys have had any luck locating Servier grade tianeptine, at AuraPharm prices?

#46 Bruce6815

• 52 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:54 AM

Please see my post #60 for an update here:

http://www.longecity..._30#entry561559

#47 gwilki

• 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

Can anyone in the US tell me if there are any restrictions sending Stablon by mail into the US? I have a friend in the US to whom I would like to send Stablon from Canada, but I don't know if it will get through US Customs or any other US agency that may intercept it.

Thanks

#48 Bruce6815

• 52 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

Customs can seize it and turn it over to the FDA, but that does not usually happen. It usually gets through. If it were to be seized, your friend can petition the FDA to get it released if your friend has a doctor (MD) willing to supervise its use.

#49 gwilki

• 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

Thanks, Bruce. I don't want to take the chance of having this stuff lost to the US authorities.

#50 panhedonic

• 390 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

Anybody had any luck ordering from the US?

#51 riloal

• 91 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:33 AM

Hi, i ordered mine from the webpage brandmedicines, It,s good stuff

#52 tresk

• 10 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:17 PM

i know this thread is older but here is a good source...cheap and fast

http://tianeptinestore.com/

#53 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 08:05 PM

ceretropics  Tianeptine solution is the best imHo...

#54 Memma Almond

• 7 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 12:53 AM

ceretropics  Tianeptine solution is the best imHo...

Maybe, but its pricing is way out of proportion with its utility, and that puts it out of the range of affordability for most forum members, including yours truly.

BTW, there is a new player in town and they carry the most affordable Tianeptine around, at .50 a capsule.

I have scoped most of the Tianeptine websites and this takes the crown. I hope their prices don't go up when you guys start flooding them with orders. You can find them here: http://www.smbnutrit...ategory&path=85.

Having said that, I am very cautious about taking this medication because of the withdrawal horror stories that abound on the web. For a sample of those stories, visit this website before rendering your decision: http://www.soberrecovery.com/

#55 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 11:27 AM

Well if you take 60x the recommended daily dosage, what do you expect? It easy to say it's a 'shitty' drug (as the op in that other forum), but if you have no self control, then...duh!

#56 notspring

• 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:53 PM

Well if you take 60x the recommended daily dosage, what do you expect? It easy to say it's a 'shitty' drug (as the op in that other forum), but if you have no self control, then...duh!

I'm trying to get my act together to put together my huge warning story on this drug.  Short is, yes it is a very shitty drug.  Very sneaky too.  Recent research from last summer shows that it's actually an Opiate effecting the beta receptor.  The gradual very slow tolerance picks up speed eventually.  You cannot just stop, as withdrawals are the closest I've felt to insanity.  There is a blood pressure medication that helps very much with withdrawals and you need to ween yourself down slowly.  I went as fast as I could handle which was 5 times faster than my doctor recommended, and it was the most torturous 3 weeks of my life.

Then once off, my emotions were all messed up.  I would cry for joy or sadness at the smallest things.  That lasted another month.  So did cravings.  However, after that 2 month period, I am very happy to say I haven't any desire, nor any problems.  

This IS an opiate.  Treat it as such and you'll be fine.  

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#57 mike888

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:50 PM

Since Tia is sold out at Mind Difference, I would like to ask you guys how to order some Tia-Sodium or Tia-Sulfat in EU-land.

Thanks in advance (TIA)

Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users