Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

lipid membrane remodelling enzymes as sources of longevity

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 01:06 AM

Phosphatidylcholine is a frequent lipid membrane component, DHA benefits people, lipids generally have vast organismal effects thus I wonder at the way phospholipid cycling enzymes like Phospholipase D been studied as to longevity

everybody likes the (remodel > wear out) models when it comes to telomeres what are the lipid remodelling refreshing enzymes, do their genetics affect the quality of cytomembranes

Wikipedia says Phospholipase D catalyzes the hydrolysis of phosphatidylcholine to form phosphatidic acid (PA), releasing the soluble choline headgroup into the cytosol.

browsing pubmed titles like Phospholipase d2 ablation ameliorates Alzheimer's disease-linked synaptic dysfunction and cognitive deficits. as well as α-Synuclein expression in rat substantia nigra suppresses phospholipase D2 toxicity and nigral neurodegeneration The SN is the area of the brain that deprenyl affects causing greater longevity supporting the idea that the genetics of lipid remodelling are longevity genes

http://www.ncbi.nlm....holipase D gene

I definitely could see lipid remodelling rate enzymes as supplements seeing as they have published cerebrobeneficial as well as possibly deprenyl like effects

Edited by treonsverdery, 01 April 2011 - 01:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users