Photo
- - - - -

Cocoa addicted post Piracetam use and CNS alterring sups, please help&

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Klyde Chroma

• 20 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:08 AM

Hello all! I am new to posting here thuogh I am a long-time lurker :) First let me say that I absolutely adore the flow of intelligently communicated info throughout these forums. I am extremely grateful to have discoverred them.... Second let me express my plea, as I am in dire straights at the moment....

My current status is cocoa addicted. My primary question is what does the withdrawal/ stopping entail with a very raw diet and routine aerobic exercise?.... Now I would love to leave it at that... but you see the situation is not quite that simple.... also before a brief you on my background and how I found myself in this mess it is worth noting that when I say "cocoa addicted" its more like cocoa dependant (8-12tlbs a day, 1-2 directly before bed or I cannot sleep).....

As for my background it goes something like this.... I have been ENTIRELY sober of any supplement or drug for a number of years. This past october I began playing around with different brain-aiding supplements ( I use the term "aiding" because my aim wasn't quite precise at points) first trying 5-htp to calm my anxious OC tendencies.... which really werent bad at all in hinesight.... Then I moved onto trying to tinker with different amino's to achieve different effects.... Though I feel embarrased to admit it now, I found myself quite easily able to maniplulate myself into a pleasantly manic state which yielded great productivity for a time.... However I began to simply feel warped by december and chose to stop most of that and stumbled upon Kava.
I know kava is in a different direction than most of what I was doing up until that point... or at least I know that now.... but at the time I only knew it worked very well in combination with other "natural" CNS depressants and used the Kava root beverage in combo with Valerian, Gaba, and some assorted other "sleep well-naturally" advertised products...... Fast forward to febuary and I feel more warped.... Kava and all else is quit yet I still believe thianine, gaba, cocoa and my routine vitamins (consider all bases coverred in that regard) to be safe and continue those with the addition of Piracetam.

Febuary into March I steadily had Piracetam throughout the day, thianine and gaba at night and cocoa throughout. Come march I am super manic, Piracetam I realize must go, Gaba and thianine and substances that should aid in relaxing me at this point in the evening are seeming to cause increased anxiety to the point of muscle discomfort (shaky as hell)... I realize all this stuff must go.....

So a few weeks ago I develop an infection and/or allergic reaction to something two days after quitting the Piracetam. This lands me in the hospital at which point I stop everything as the reaction I had to something was so severe it proved life threatenning..... I am now eating only raw whole foods for the time being and continued my cocoa habbit which seems to be the final frontier here.

However this also seems the most difficult step in this process for me.... I have these sudden bouts of anxiety for no apparent reason, have become cocoa obsessed in my kitchen ( 5 am still concocting cocoa treats) and just become completely unhealthy with the stuff.... Yet when I try to cut it out I really feel "warped" once again....

I'm so sorry this post is so long.... I'm also sorry I posted this is multiple rooms here as I felt it appropriate in a few different areas... But please understand my plea here.... I am truly desperate for help. Not precisely just in stopping the cocoa but getting some advice I how to simply regain control over my grey matter. I feel highly impulsive which is very unlike me, really affixed on the cocoa, having difficulty paying attention to things that don't demand it of me yet on the other side of the coin I still feel manic, am highly productive and have very good word recall. Lastly it is also worth mentioning that the infection/allergy combo I dealt with was very severe, I sufferred edema to tune of 20lbs retained fluid practically overnight!So I am also wonderring if my current cognitive malfunction (obsessed, manic, cocoa involved, anxiety ridden insomnia) is a result of things rebalancing in that regard.....

There is more I can add to all this to further illuminate the issue but I've basically summed it up in this essay-esque post...... Please someone shed some light on the cocoa problem alone if nothing else!!

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:16 PM

Please direct any followups to this thread.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users