- - - - -

Chromadex marketing Nicotinamide riboside

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
67 replies to this topic

#61 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:02 PM

Search Alibaba.com for Nicotinamide Riboside and there are dozens of listing of Chinese companies that SAY they can supply it.

Whether they can or not?  I have no idea.

But even if they can, it seems like Elysium would still be in violation if they import and sell it.  

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

What would Elysium be in violation of? Either the U.S. allows imports of NR or it doesn't. But there is no reason why the U.S. would ban the import of a vitamin. The only thing Elysium can't do is manufacture itself for market in the way ChromaDex does. 

And for all we know, Elysium may have been importing NR from China after it made its last purchase from Chromadex last summer as it knew of its trial results at the half way point.   

Edited by bluemoon, 18 May 2017 - 06:04 PM.

#62 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 May 2017 - 07:26 PM

Search Alibaba.com for Nicotinamide Riboside and there are dozens of listing of Chinese companies that SAY they can supply it.

Whether they can or not?  I have no idea.

But even if they can, it seems like Elysium would still be in violation if they import and sell it.  

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

What would Elysium be in violation of? Either the U.S. allows imports of NR or it doesn't. But there is no reason why the U.S. would ban the import of a vitamin. The only thing Elysium can't do is manufacture itself for market in the way ChromaDex does. 

And for all we know, Elysium may have been importing NR from China after it made its last purchase from Chromadex last summer as it knew of its trial results at the half way point.   

I'm not a lawyer or expert in this field, but seems to me is similar to any counterfeit product.  

You can buy software in China, but if you're a big distributor of software that violates US copywrite law, the fact that it was produced in China and not in US is not a good excuse.

#63 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:26 PM

I'm not a lawyer or expert in this field, but seems to me is similar to any counterfeit product.  

You can buy software in China, but if you're a big distributor of software that violates US copywrite law, the fact that it was produced in China and not in US is not a good excuse.

But the Chinese companies would not be making a counterfeit product. They would simply be producing and exporting NR that has nothing to do with ChromaDex. If they put a "Naigen" label on the shipments to Elysium or another vendor, then likely to be considered a counterfeit. U.S. law does not allow a vitamin to be patented.

#64 Mike C

• 84 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:49 PM

http://www.wholefood...17-performance/

Not a very impressive start to the new year. It seems they are prepping for a big push. If so the unpublished research will likely lead the way.

#65 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:58 PM

I noticed my CDXC stock is way back down today from the high it was at last Friday. :(  It's up and down a lot though. I guess I'll just let it ride.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 3
  • Off-Topic x 2
  • Cheerful x 1

#66 Valijon

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:07 AM

The reality is that the Chinese care nothing about counterfeit laws. Look at the clothes, shoes, watches, handbags, sunglasses, pens, and whatever else they can copy. They will duplicate NR in the blink of an eye if there is money to be made. Chromadex stock could languish at these levels for a long time. I've had stocks which were flat. If the price drops below 3 a share it will become even less attractive because you can't buy on margin at those levels.
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#67 Mike C

• 84 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:25 PM

https://globenewswir...ic-Advisor.html

Chromadex appoints leading researcher of NR as a paid employee. The big push continues!

#68 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:14 PM

They may finally start doing some marketing after the Colorado trial results are published.
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users