Selegiline and Tianeptine for ADHD/depression

selegiline tianeptine adderall huperzine-a

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 computeTHIS

• Topic Starter
  • 153 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:19 AM

Oh, and if someone could tell me how I can edit/delete a double post, that would be awesome. :)

#32 computeTHIS

• Topic Starter
  • 153 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:32 AM

I really don't understand why everyone here loses their minds over selegiline and other MAO-B inhibitors, MAO-B is mainly present in subcortical structures, not the PFC. Lower levels of DA and NE are consistantly seen in the PFC of ADHD individuals and in the PFC its mainly COMT and the NE transporter which remove them from the synaptic cleft. Granted almost everyone on this board seems to have some bizarre treatment-resistant form of ADHD-PI so it might be working through a different pathway than most.

If its working for you sweet, but the science points to COMT being by far the more relevant target.

I'm curious what you might recommend based on this. Most COMT inhibitors that I've seen seem to be used for Parkinson's Disease and I've never heard of them.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 sam7777

• 162 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:53 PM

an excerpt
"

Most traditional chemical dependency treatment programs are not holistic, and make no attempts to tailor therapy based on individual differences in adrenal function, thyroid function, hormone imbalances, tissue levels of heavy metals like mercury, or genetic polymorphisms affecting the dopaminergic system. All of these influence addiction behavior, and must be considered carefully. People addicted to drugs typically carry at least one of the following risk alleles: DRD2=A1; SLC6A3 (DAT) =10R; DRD4=3R or 7R; 5HTTlRP = L or LA; MAO= 3R; and COMT=G.

#34 Delta Gamma

• 265 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:10 PM

The whole COMT thing is a bit of a nightmare to test for as its primary associated with inattentive symptoms and ADHD is far from a single gene based illness. But more recent studies are more consistently showing that the val158met substitution has significant effects on alertness and inattentive symptoms. But, it does seem to predict response to some medications.

Selegiline is really popular as it more effects the subcortical structures damaged in Parkinson's and there's a larger grey market for it than COMT inhibitors. Granted this is a vast oversimplification, but you get what I mean.

http://www.biomedcen...44-9081-5-8.pdf
http://onlinelibrary...mg.b.30704/full
http://onlinelibrary...mg.b.30831/full

If you really want to see what's going on and maybe tailor a stack to better suit your genotype it might be looking at a service like 23andme.

#35 thedevinroy

• 1,188 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:46 AM

The whole COMT thing is a bit of a nightmare to test for as its primary associated with inattentive symptoms and ADHD is far from a single gene based illness. But more recent studies are more consistently showing that the val158met substitution has significant effects on alertness and inattentive symptoms. But, it does seem to predict response to some medications.

Selegiline is really popular as it more effects the subcortical structures damaged in Parkinson's and there's a larger grey market for it than COMT inhibitors. Granted this is a vast oversimplification, but you get what I mean.

http://www.biomedcen...44-9081-5-8.pdf
http://onlinelibrary...mg.b.30704/full
http://onlinelibrary...mg.b.30831/full

If you really want to see what's going on and maybe tailor a stack to better suit your genotype it might be looking at a service like 23andme.

23andme sounds like a goal. Don't have $99 to play with right now, but when I do, I will consider the investment.

I agree that is why Selegiline is popular. There are also studies at 10mg that suggest it could compete in effectiveness with methylphenidate. This, to me, is quite a positive thing.

From what i read about the COMT gene variation, val158met, it seems as those with the Val allele would be inattentive while those with Met allele would be more aggressive. I guess Val allele makes it function properly? If my logic serves me, increased (accurate) COMT activity would mean less dopamine & norepinephrine stimulation in the pre-frontal cortex. Which would mean that the Val Allele actually makes COMT hyperactive, chomping more dopamine and norepinephrine into (useless) metabolites.

Makes me wonder if ADHD is the "old" genetics and "normal" is a result from mutation and natural selection. I.E. cavemen had ADHD.
  • like x 2

#36 magniloquentc0unt

• 299 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

Is there chance to hear from you? An update on how sustainable the treatment is, and if you were permanently healed? Any cognitive decline or improement?
  • like x 1

#37 magniloquentc0unt

• 299 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

I really don't understand why everyone here loses their minds over selegiline and other MAO-B inhibitors, MAO-B is mainly present in subcortical structures, not the PFC. Lower levels of DA and NE are consistantly seen in the PFC of ADHD individuals and in the PFC its mainly COMT and the NE transporter which remove them from the synaptic cleft. Granted almost everyone on this board seems to have some bizarre treatment-resistant form of ADHD-PI so it might be working through a different pathway than most.

If its working for you sweet, but the science points to COMT being by far the more relevant target.

I'm curious what you might recommend based on this. Most COMT inhibitors that I've seen seem to be used for Parkinson's Disease and I've never heard of them.

so how did it go long term?

#38 panhedonic

• 390 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

*bumpers*
  • Cheerful x 1

#39 computeTHIS

• Topic Starter
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:03 AM

Just saw the recent replies here. I don't take Selegiline anymore, I think I took it for around 9 months total, maybe more like 6. I had to take it roughly every 5 hours or else I started to really lose energy, and there's a question here as to whether these "feel good" effects are a side effect of the metabolites, which medical research says the matabolies are not, but then these metabolites are part of the reason that Rasabiline is prescribed Selegiline now. The efficacy for Selegiline is more for smoking cessation, or cessation from other drugs. It may have indeed been good for me after coming off of prescription Adderall.

I would presonally recommend something that acts on both dopamine and norepinephrine (for ADHD symptoms), like Wellbutrin, which I'm considering, or Stratera. And you might consider things like DLPA (phenylalanine) to help induce dopamine and norepinephrine release. If you're looking to increase Serotonin levels, 5-HTP works great. Tianeptine works wonderfully by itself, and still gives a nice stimulatory effect that helps get you motivated and thinking positive. I've never had problems with Tianeptine, but I take alpha lipoic acid (ALA) or NAC regularly which are both good for preventing depressive-thinking. ALA works great in a daily regimine, but NAC has a slightly more powerful good-feeling effect and is top-notch for glutathion release. There is concern for taking NAC regularly though, as one of it's metabolites (called SNOAC) can be toxic for your heart if it builds up. Therefore, it's recommended to get enough vitamin C in your diet to flush out the toxins, there's dispute as to how much is actually needed.

#40 riloal

• 91 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

computeTHIS, any update on how are you doing? Are you on rasabiline, wellbutrin os stratera? What,s your actual regimen? Thannks

#41 NootKing

• 21 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

I take it, you can only get these from a Doctor On prescription ?

Theres so many Drugs and Substances, such as Modafinil, Selegiline that i want to experiment with.
Its a shame i cant just buy them , lol

#42 FocusPocus

• 225 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:44 AM

I'm mildly curious if huperzine/Galantamine will stack well with Tianeptine?

Anyone tried this before?

Edited by FocusPocus, 19 August 2014 - 02:44 AM.

#43 magniloquentc0unt

• 299 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:14 PM

if your aim is vivid/lucid dreaming, they stack well ;)

about cognition, not much to be said... i find galantamine and tianeptine made me too wired the day after. huperzine is a milder, preferable choice

#44 brucebanner

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:43 PM

I cannot stand the sides* of Atomoxetine (generic) despite it working quite well; focusing and reading for an extended period of time is far easier than normal.

I have reduced my dose to 10mg twice a day, from 20mg twice a day; once in the morning and again late afternoon.

Sides:

1. I am getting a pains in the lower region of my stomach. It's becoming rather painful. I am not liking it at all. I've made sure I take it with food and the pain still kind of persists.
  2. Where is my manhood going!!!???
  3. Mild depressive-like/zombie-like symptoms. I am using Tianeptine to counteract this, and it sort of does the shop, and since I have Coluracetam around I gave that a try as well. They both helped but weren't as effective they normally are.
  4. Dry mouth which makes me not want to talk at all.
  5. Appetite is dramatically suppressed. I can definitely see that I have lost some weight. I don't like this as I am already fairly thin.
  6. My hear rate is quite high, much higher than usual, I'd say it's around ~100.
  7. Urinating is somewhat weird. It's hard to describe but it takes more effort.
I think I'll carry on until I reach the two weeks mark and if the sides don't go away, I'll try Bupropion (Wellbutrin XL) 150mg instead. If this fails, I'll switch to Modafinil, and Selegiline since I've finally managed to get hold of some.

Is Selegiline safe with Atomoxetine? I'll like to try it out but I am a bit worried. Obviously, I'll start with a really small dose.

Are there any other medications worth considering that don't have such dramatic side effects? I might ask for Methylphenidate (Ritalin) or Lisdexamfetamine (Elvanse) next as I don't want to go near Adderall. I really don't want anything that will induce anxiety.

#45 dopaminerush

• 42 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:32 AM

Are these two things are working for morning sickness in adhd ? 

i want to feel like a boss when i wake up. morning sickness fcknig up all my plan, procrastinating problems....etc

is it  a simple circadian ryttm problem or something ? 

Majority of goverment doctors here are ignorant as hell. They only know shcizo and bipolar. They have no idea what is adult adhd and comorbids. Good ones are not goverment doctors and they are expensive as hell. 

I have adhd but i dont know may be i have something with it.  im not depressed and im very strong guy for handling post traumatic shits without anything.

But i have something that makes me feel like sht in the morning. 

may be its my sleep apnea, nasal congestion but i dont know.

i dont think its depression but i feel like shit in the morning and  i feel amazing (far more motivaiton, mania like mind ) at the evening.  

i hate ritalin because of wear off effects.   is there somthing can make me wake up like a boss and give slight boost thorout the day and not cause insomnia.

in my country selegline tianeptine , tofranil ..etc a lot of things are awailable without any prescription its a heaven for you guys. just give me ideas 

what you guys prefer for me ? 

#46 magniloquentc0unt

• 299 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:00 PM

check out moclobemide. I take a little of moclobemide and a little of ritalin when i want to be concentrated, or just moclobemide when i need vitality and energy without needing too much concentration. what i really like is that it does not have side effects and the next moring you wake up fresh and early

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#47 dopaminerush

• 42 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:53 PM

check out moclobemide. I take a little of moclobemide and a little of ritalin when i want to be concentrated, or just moclobemide when i need vitality and energy without needing too much concentration. what i really like is that it does not have side effects and the next moring you wake up fresh and early

Thanks, so moclobemid working immediately, not need weeks ? its very cheap here

1-moclobemid (aurorix)

2- tianeptine  (has some immediate effects but real effect need 1-4 weeks so its last option)

3- desipramine ( need weeks so its last option too)

4- selegline (need weeks so last option)

is there anything to concern about  moclobemide ? im eating a lot of protein, tiramine foods ? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: selegiline, tianeptine, adderall, huperzine-a

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users