Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

Methylene Blue Experiences

• Please log in to reply
492 replies to this topic

#421 Godot

• 198 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:51 AM

Two weeks ago, without any other nootropics in my system, I dropped 100mcg of MB into my water bottle at work, and sipped throughout the morning. I experienced the characteristic MB energized clarity of thought, which lasted until evening. Then I experienced lethargy and a general feeling of being drained for the whole rest of the night. The MB hangover. It's driving me nuts trying to figure out what causes it. I'm thinking when I get a chance I'll pick up a couple of NT precursors and feel around with them to see if any of them help. That might help me narrow down what's happening.

#422 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:52 AM

Two weeks ago, without any other nootropics in my system, I dropped 100mcg of MB into my water bottle at work, and sipped throughout the morning. I experienced the characteristic MB energized clarity of thought, which lasted until evening. Then I experienced lethargy and a general feeling of being drained for the whole rest of the night. The MB hangover. It's driving me nuts trying to figure out what causes it. I'm thinking when I get a chance I'll pick up a couple of NT precursors and feel around with them to see if any of them help. That might help me narrow down what's happening.

Try a different source of MB, perhaps?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#423 Godot

• 198 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:55 AM

Hm, not a bad idea. The stuff I got is sold as lab dye... It could be that some impurity is causing the hangover effect, Although, at this concentration, it would be surprising. Still, it's cheap enough that it could be worth trying the fish medicine stuff that other people have had good luck with. I'd love to get this working right.

#424 Godot

• 198 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:05 AM

Just a thought... I wonder if it could be some kind of die-off reaction??

I wonder if this dosage level would be enough to seriously affect the bacterial/fungal inhabitants of my guts...

Edited by Godot, 26 August 2012 - 03:05 AM.

#425 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:40 AM

Its probably the withdrawal effect some people have talked about. Try dosing it 3x daily.

#426 Godot

• 198 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:43 AM

That's what I was thinking after using it for 3-7 days 3x daily. But after a single 100mcg dose? Can you think of any mechanism that could bring such a rapid withdrawal effect about?

#427 Nootr

• 180 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:44 PM

Is MB good or bad for libido or does it not affect it in any way?

#428 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:26 AM

Perhaps mildly improved.

#429 mitomutant

• 190 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:53 PM

Glad to see you are from Spain. I bought MB in ebay.co.uk. Here. Good price and fast delivery.

That MB is expensive, 115 euro.. I would get much better placebo effects if I was paying so much....

Do you know if I can buy 1g of high quality MB somewhere? Or would you sell 1g?

Huge price change. I bought it on June 21th, 2012 for exactly 4.99 British Pounds. Contact the seller. Maybe there is some error in the current pricing.

#430 mitomutant

• 190 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

A few weeks ago I asked a bioenergetics researcher (specialized in cardiovascular health) about methylene blue to treat my mitochondrial dysfunction (she did her post-doc on mito research). She told me that MB was worth to try and also mentioned TMPD.

Thisis a relevant paper I found about it.

Do you guys have any additional info about TMPD ? Seems, like MB, very interesting

edit: link fixed.

Edited by rwac, 03 September 2012 - 08:08 PM.

#431 amark

• 47 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

Okay I am the person who was taking large doses of mb. I have stopped taking it for two reasons. I was taking it to see if it helped with bipolar depression. It did not. Secondly it slowly affected my libido and ability to get an erection. After I stopped taking it I was back to normal within a week. So much for that.

I had no problems eating anything so not too much excitement on the adverse affect of it as a MAO inhibitor.

#432 amark

• 47 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

A few weeks ago I asked a bioenergetics researcher (specialized in cardiovascular health) about methylene blue to treat my mitochondrial dysfunction (she did her post-doc on mito research). She told me that MB was worth to try and also mentioned TMPD.

Do you guys have any additional info about TMPD ? Seems, like MB, very interesting

There was an article about the US army (Read it once at Wired.com) having discovered that drinking green tea that had been brewed for at least 6 minutes simultaneously with B vitamins increased mitochondrial activity. I have found that it seems to help. On days when I do not do it I feel a bit more draggy.
Also resveratrol has been reported to increase mitochondrial activity. I also believe this is valid since I can exercise without getting winded even when otherwise I would be. Run these ideas past your doctor. Best of luck.

Edit: remove dup.

Edited by rwac, 13 October 2012 - 03:58 PM.

#433 OpenStrife

• 101 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

There was an article about the US army (Read it once at Wired.com) having discovered that drinking green tea that had been brewed for at least 6 minutes simultaneously with B vitamins increased mitochondrial activity. I have found that it seems to help. On days when I do not do it I feel a bit more draggy.
Also resveratrol has been reported to increase mitochondrial activity. I also believe this is valid since I can exercise without getting winded even when otherwise I would be. Run these ideas past your doctor. Best of luck.

Edit: remove dup.

Drinking Green Tea and taking B Vitamins simultaneously or Brewing Green Tea with B Vitamins in the Teapot?

#434 Nootr

• 180 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

I have read that intestinal bacteria are important because they produce serotonin. Since MB can kill these bacteria there is a possibility that if MB is taken in large quantity it may cause depression due to lack of serotonin. That's why I refused from MB in favor of selegiline.

#435 stablemind

• 520 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:35 AM

60 mcg - mild mood lift possibly, but seemed to get irritated towards the end of the day

120 mcg * 2/day - quicker thinking, definite mood lift, and lots of energy throughout the day.

Going to try 240 mcg a day tomorrow. The mood lift of MB compared to Uridine seems to be more consistent, and has more of a dopamine effect than a serotonergic effect that Uridine provides. I feel more motivated to do things although there's no warm fuzzy feeling that Uridine gives me, which I kinda miss. I'm very sensitive to supplements though due to my bipolar II brain chemistry so Y MMV.

Edited by stablemind, 23 October 2012 - 05:39 AM.

#436 stablemind

• 520 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:19 AM

ROFL I just told a girl who has a boyfriend to stop talking to me so much. I told her she should be talking to her boyfriend more than she talks to me and that if we keep talking it will be all bad. I've never brought up anything like this before so I think this has to be MB related. I always wanted to stop talking to her because I was growing attached but this was kept in my subconscious. Just like how some people mentioned MB made them more straight forward in an attempt to resolve their issues. I guess this substance may help people deal with underlying problems.

#437 stablemind

• 520 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

Note to self= 120 mcg 2x daily is wayy too much. I don't feel like sleeping at all even after taking 50mg Seroquel XR and I probably won't for another feel hours. Tomorrow I will try a morning dose of 180 mcg. MB lasts 7+ hours in my system for sure.

#438 Nootr

• 180 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:01 AM

There is tolerance to MB. At first I also had that effect of pill of truth and desire to jabber nonsence by the yard. This effect disappeared in a couple of next MB takings. Soon I had to increase dose up to 1 mg x 3 times a day in order to have stimulating effect. Later I just stopped MB because it did not help to improve depression. This is a good substance in the beginning but not as long-term. I don't know when tolerance will disappear - probably never. Its psychedelic properties become weaker and disappear.

#439 stablemind

• 520 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

There is tolerance to MB. At first I also had that effect of pill of truth and desire to jabber nonsence by the yard. This effect disappeared in a couple of next MB takings. Soon I had to increase dose up to 1 mg x 3 times a day in order to have stimulating effect. Later I just stopped MB because it did not help to improve depression. This is a good substance in the beginning but not as long-term. I don't know when tolerance will disappear - probably never. Its psychedelic properties become weaker and disappear.

how long did it take you to build tolerance?

#440 stablemind

• 520 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

I actually experienced this the next morning. Possibly from overdosing so I'm going to try less this time and take it more spread out through the day.

#441 Nootr

• 180 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

Tolerance developed within one month.

#442 abelard lindsay

• 873 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:01 AM

Methylene Blue is not such a great nootropic. The MAOI-A effects make it intolerable to me after a while. It's just too serotogenic to the point of being annoying. It is however, IMHO, an *excellent* anti-fungal and anti-bacterial. It's great when I get sick. I usually just take it by putting 1 drop of Kordon in a 1 liter water bottle and then washing my hands with a palm full of that water. It's the easiest way I've found to take a small but effective amount.

Edited by abelard lindsay, 24 October 2012 - 04:01 AM.

#443 stablemind

• 520 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:55 AM

Methylene Blue is not such a great nootropic. The MAOI-A effects make it intolerable to me after a while. It's just too serotogenic to the point of being annoying. It is however, IMHO, an *excellent* anti-fungal and anti-bacterial. It's great when I get sick. I usually just take it by putting 1 drop of Kordon in a 1 liter water bottle and then washing my hands with a palm full of that water. It's the easiest way I've found to take a small but effective amount.

So it gets absorbed through your skin? Do you find it more effective than vitamin C? How much were you taking before the MAOI-A effects kicked in?

I probably took <40 mcg and have felt its effects all day. I believe it may be getting stronger, but I could be wrong. I find myself processing tasks much quicker, more confident and motivated to do things although I'll have to keep taking this for a few more days to be sure.

Edited by stablemind, 24 October 2012 - 06:01 AM.

#444 abelard lindsay

• 873 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

Methelyene blue is used to safely remove fungal and bacterial infections from fish tanks without harming fish. It does this by metabolically destroying the fungal or bacterial organism directly, like a powerful antibiotic/antifungal. If you've read the label you'll see it's toxic to plants. It was originally developed to kill malaria in the body. So anyway, its in a completely different class from vitamin C and is great for getting rid of difficult to treat infections in my experience, especially since it diffuses well throughout the body. The mood and focus effects were nice when I was suffering from depression but now that I'm not and taking CILTEP its just a little too much stimulation to take regularly.

#445 Nootr

• 180 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

Do you think that I can use MB instead of soap to wash hands? I don't like soap coz I have dry skin and soap causes skin drying even more.

Edited by Dan Brown, 24 October 2012 - 03:45 PM.

• dislike x 2

#446 stablemind

• 520 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Hmm I see. I guess I'll reserve the rest for when I am sick. I am going to discontinue use of this as I seem to need at least 10 hrs of sleep for me to recover. The crash I feel the next day is too unbearable. I just find myself hitting the snooze button constantly the next morning.

#447 stablemind

• 520 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

What you guys think of using this as a mouth wash since it kills bacteria?

#448 Nootr

• 180 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

What you guys think of using this as a mouth wash since it kills bacteria?

Great idea! Would be a good substitute to toothpastes with fluoro which is claimed to be a substance causing fooliness.
  • dislike x 1

#449 amark

• 47 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

Hi an update.

I took very large amounts of MB for three months. I suffered no problems with the maoi issue. It did not prove to be effective in positively affecting my bi polar depression. Also it slowly affected my ability to get an erection. I also lost interest in sex. I ceased taking it and in about a week all the affects seemed to be gone. I would not recommend MB for bipolar depression.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#450 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

Hi an update.

I took very large amounts of MB for three months. I suffered no problems with the maoi issue. It did not prove to be effective in positively affecting my bi polar depression. Also it slowly affected my ability to get an erection. I also lost interest in sex. I ceased taking it and in about a week all the affects seemed to be gone. I would not recommend MB for bipolar depression.

You say there was no MAOI issue, but then mention erection difficulties and loss of sexual desire. These are both symptoms of MAOI-A.

Edited by zrbarnes, 01 November 2012 - 11:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users