• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Synergies with Selegiline

selgeline deprenyl maoi mao-b mao inhibitor l-deprenyl synergy synergies ashwagandha tea

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#61 Jacob Norris

• 52 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:43 AM

I recently just added Deprenyl to one of my stacks that I plan on formulating soon:

Pramiracetam
Oxiracetam
CDP-Choline
Uridine Monophosphate
EPA, DHA, Oleic Acid
*removed* L-Tyrosine
*added* Deprenyl

NADH (Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide or B3)
5-HTP

Vinpocetine
Lion's Mane
Ashwaganda
Ashitaba
L-Taurine
L-Cysteine
L-Glycine
Copper
Calcium
Vitamin C
Vitamin K

I'm wondering,

Are there any health concerns about this stack? Specifically the products in Bold?
Are there health risks adding Deprenyl to this stack?

Because NADH aids in the synthesis of Dopamine could it possibly hold synergistic properties?

I just found that NADH (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide) stimulates tyrosine hydroxylase, the enzyme that converts l-tyrosine to l-dopamine.

And I found this journal stating that Deprenyl does the same thing:
http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/9191076

So would having both Deprenyl and NADH in a stack be potentially dangerous?

Looking forward to all of your responses!

Edited by Jacob Norris, 18 November 2013 - 05:42 AM.

#62 Jacob Norris

• 52 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:23 AM

forget it, cross out Deprenyl. for one, it is a controlled drug, and for two, I was beginning to like the thought of an MAO-B inhibitor but now I just don't like the thought of inhibiting anything at all to a great amount.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 mission780

• 71 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

I'd like to mention LACK of synergy with selegiline.

Recently I've found out even very low doses of selegiline (1-1.5g = 1/4 of Jumex pill) taken occasionally can clearly be felt. It is expressed mostly in improved mood for me. Unfortunately the bad side of selegiline decreases effects of smoking marijuana (cannabis sativa in my case) quite a lot. The effects of smoking weed are kind of dulled and I don't feel like smoking so much (which could also be a good thing, although I smoke mostly minimal amounts and treat it as a very good nootropic - with enhanced perception, cognition enhancement-creativity, better verbal and written skills).

Anybody experienced the negative effect of selegiline on smoking marijuana?

#64 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 July 2016 - 02:01 PM

ok im gonna renew this thread. im also looking for synergies. so far, last night i mixed it with nicotine gum which was quite anxious but aprodisiac in a way but it eventually caused sweats and anxety beyond good. mega doses of turmeric took the edge off a bit. im still curious of new experiments tho, any ideas

#65 fiftyyy

• 44 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 05:55 PM

Not mentions of alpha GPC? Its a good combo. Selegeline 5mg sublingually  + 300mg alpha GPC is quite nice.

#66 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:32 PM

Call me crazy, as I am; but, I'm going to test Selegiline 1.25 mg (non-sublingual, as to not inhibit MAO-B and only potentiate CAE activity) with methylphenidate. 

If anyone is interested in my preliminary results, let me know.

#67 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:46 PM

why do you guys keep mentioning of sublingual use? mine are pills for oral consumption, are you suggesting its better to dissolve them under tongue for more potent effect?

#68 prunk

• 227 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:47 PM

Call me crazy, as I am; but, I'm going to test Selegiline 1.25 mg (non-sublingual, as to not inhibit MAO-B and only potentiate CAE activity) with methylphenidate.

I've been mixing selegiline with mf many times. 5mg-10mg selegiline with 50mg mf daily for many weeks in 2008-2010. Results were good. Tried it again last year and didn't like it all anymore.

#69 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:56 PM

why do you guys keep mentioning of sublingual use? mine are pills for oral consumption, are you suggesting its better to dissolve them under tongue for more potent effect?

Contrary to popular opinion on this board, sublingual with most likely start inhibiting MAO-B, which is undesirable.

I don't care for 500 micrograms of l-amp or l-methamp

If anything they're nootropic by themselves.  

• Disagree x 1

#70 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:58 PM

I've been mixing selegiline with mf many times. 5mg-10mg selegiline with 50mg mf daily for many weeks in 2008-2010. Results were good. Tried it again last year and didn't like it all anymore.

That sounds pretty dangerous. You'd definitely be inhibiting MAO-B at those doses, and with a DNRI like MPH, things can go downhill pretty fast in terms of psychosis inducing.

YMMV.

#71 PeopleProgrammer

• 25 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 09:06 PM

(-)-BPAP would be your best bet as you do not want to increase the inhibition of monoamine oxidase. it is a very powerful monoamine release potentiator (note that is not a releasing agent).

Caffeine should further increase the efficacy of (-)-BPAP as it acts as a monoamine release disinhibitor through blockade of adenosine receptors which are in and of themselves distinct from selegiline's pharmacology however their downstream effects potentiate it. if you are concerned about the potential hepatotoxicity with a benzylfuranyl based chemical then PPAP may be a decent fallback however it does not potentiate the release of serotonin as (-)-BPAP and selegiline do. 

another way to potentiate selegiline is with phenylethylamine supplementation as one of the main things that inhibition of MAO-B increases is phenylethylamine (amoung other trace amines and dopamine).

BTW I've combined 27mg methylphenidate with 6mg Emsam and absolutley loved it. It was fine  although I could get a little racy at times. all in all though it has done wonders for me and treated my depression in ways that only desoxyn can rival.

https://en.wikipedia...pylaminopentane

https://en.wikipedia...pylaminopentane

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine

https://en.wikipedia.../Phenethylamine

https://en.wikipedia...wiki/Selegiline

Edited by PeopleProgrammer, 12 July 2016 - 09:08 PM.

#72 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 10:38 PM

Anyone try Selegiline with Modafinil?

#73 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 July 2016 - 11:46 PM

i have some moclobemide, any idea if mixing with selegiline is a good idea since both of them are MAOIs?

#74 PeopleProgrammer

• 25 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:31 AM

That is a very bad idea. once you start inhibiting both forms of monoamine oxidase you are heading straight for a hypertensive crisis. the risk is negligible with selegiline as it only inhibits MAO-B at low doses and both MAO-A and MAO-B are able to metabolize tyramine. however high doses of selegiline or selegiline in comnbination with a MAO-A inhibitor such as moclobemide inhibit both forms of MAO and thus totally prevent the metabolism of tyramine. tyramine is a pressor and thus, will cause a hypertensive crisis once levels become high enough.

#75 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:03 AM

hmm.. if i stop one of them and start the other, is there a long waiting period, or does it take just 1-2 days?

#76 PeopleProgrammer

• 25 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 10:18 PM

There is a recommended two week minimum washout period after stopping a MAOI before starting any other drugs which act on monoamines Including other MAOI's). that being said, I personally think you could get away with a 3-7 day washout given that low doses of selegiline are entirley MAO-B selective and that moclobemide is a relatively mild MAOI, being a RIMA. If you want to do a shorter washout period like I discussed, I'd reccomend stopping the current MAOI abruptly and then waiting a few days before starting to titrate up the new MAOI

Edited by PeopleProgrammer, 13 July 2016 - 10:21 PM.

#77 prunk

• 227 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:12 AM

That sounds pretty dangerous. You'd definitely be inhibiting MAO-B at those doses, and with a DNRI like MPH, things can go downhill pretty fast in terms of psychosis inducing.

YMMV.

My doc, professor of neurology, said selegiline is ok to combine with mph and said the same thing about selegiline and dexamp too.

• Agree x 1

#78 thedevinroy

• Topic Starter
  • 1,188 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:04 PM

Anyone try Selegiline with Modafinil?

Modafinil should make it more nootropic, if I recall correctly.  Modafinil upregulates an enzyme that converts selegiline into its nootropic form instead of the methamphetamine form... maybe?  Check it out.

#79 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:52 PM

i mixed selegiline with high doses DHEA and cannabidiol sprays plus a lot of caffeine and i felt super trippy and weird. it was kind of fun at first but then 3-4 hours later i felt like i was on some kind of marijuana-lsd dizzy trip that wouldnt just stop and relax me for a bit. wow really really strange

#80 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:19 PM

How high a dose of DHEA?  I'm surprised the DHEA would do much unless you are over 45.  Now the high dose of caffeine and cannabidiol doesn't sound like the best combo, but I have no experience with cannabidiol and don't have your body chemistry.

#81 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:45 AM

you wouldnt want my body chemistry, its a mess. and it is a spray that claims 12 mg per spray 80 servings, i drank it in 2 days tops. and yes, i notice it mainly because i probably have adrenal insufficiency for which it is recommended. and that cannabidiol spray i got, i can swear they sneaked THC in there ilegally without notice. this was real marijuana high, more synthetic than smoking it but still the same. but again, i did drink half the spray bottle, claims 30 spray servings.

about selegiline, im getting sick of its irritable way of not making me sleep properly. its contradictory to help depression when causing lack of sleep IS a reason for depression! so im considering dumping it now unless i figure way out

#82 thedevinroy

• Topic Starter
  • 1,188 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:41 AM

i mixed selegiline with high doses DHEA and cannabidiol sprays plus a lot of caffeine and i felt super trippy and weird. it was kind of fun at first but then 3-4 hours later i felt like i was on some kind of marijuana-lsd dizzy trip that wouldnt just stop and relax me for a bit. wow really really strange

Hahaha I know people use vitamin C or methylene blue to extend their mushroom trip, but those are short half lives in comparison to the 1 week that Selegiline has in MAO-B. Hope you came out alright. And wtf is wrong with you, man? Why you gotta be tripping?

#83 thedevinroy

• Topic Starter
  • 1,188 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:43 AM

you wouldnt want my body chemistry, its a mess. and it is a spray that claims 12 mg per spray 80 servings, i drank it in 2 days tops. and yes, i notice it mainly because i probably have adrenal insufficiency for which it is recommended. and that cannabidiol spray i got, i can swear they sneaked THC in there ilegally without notice. this was real marijuana high, more synthetic than smoking it but still the same. but again, i did drink half the spray bottle, claims 30 spray servings.

about selegiline, im getting sick of its irritable way of not making me sleep properly. its contradictory to help depression when causing lack of sleep IS a reason for depression! so im considering dumping it now unless i figure way out

I found somewhere that prolonged Selegeline use has anecdotal evidence to support adrenal fatigue (or HPA Axis issues in other words). I believe it. The ups and downs were cray cray.

#84 thedevinroy

• Topic Starter
  • 1,188 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:58 AM

YMMV.
My doc, professor of neurology, said selegiline is ok to combine with mph and said the same thing about selegiline and dexamp too.

Maybe for you, but that doesn't make it generally okay. Raising basal dopamine levels can cause unwanted effects over time. Adrenal fatigue, stress induced cognition or memory loss, neuronal loss, mitochondrial damage, Dyskinesia, etc. If the basal or D2 dopaminergic system is low, that's when you can go heavy on the dopaminergics like that.
  • Good Point x 1

#85 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 July 2016 - 04:15 PM

i added sulbutiamine and phenypiracetam to the mix. first day i mixed them crazy rush for an hour, but today, meh

#86 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 July 2016 - 07:50 PM

i read about rasagiline as being more advanced selegiline type, is it a good idea to switch to it? except the higher price, what are main differences positive and negative?

#87 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 06:03 PM

Rasagiline do not have the meth metabolite and also has less impact on blood pressure (less reduction). It's not much more expensive from adc etc...

#88 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 July 2016 - 07:45 PM

azilect is pretty expensive last i checked. also, if rasagiline is considered advanced version of selegiline, im still surprised after years of discussion between the two, nobody has yet switched to rasagiline and the reports are hardly any ever

#89 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 08:46 PM

I had switched, but stopped taking rasagiline, can't remember why, might start again, liked the extra motivation and drive (although it can get close to hypomania), made coffee awesome again. It didn't make me tired as selegiline after a while.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#90 fiftyyy

• 44 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:43 AM

Rasagiline do not have the meth metabolite and also has less impact on blood pressure (less reduction). It's not much more expensive from adc etc...

Here the price of 28x1mg azilect tabs is 103 euros, which is absolutely ridiculous compared to my salary of 500 euro 

• Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: selgeline, deprenyl, maoi, mao-b, mao inhibitor, l-deprenyl, synergy, synergies, ashwagandha, tea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users