Panax ginseng

ginseng

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:26 PM

A overrated overused yet promosing substance wich unlike in real life, has mostly been ignored on those fora, anyone that has experience with it? I found it to have alot of very interesting research behind it and am curious for other reports, ive only taken it in combination with other stuff, it especially intrests me because of its ability to raise glutamate and its effects as a nitric oxide donor, will probably be a while before i give it another trial tough.

#2 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 03:16 AM

Some Chinese herbalists feel that ginseng is better for older people. Even then, it would help some people more than others. There are also different kinds of Ginseng. Going to a qualified Chinese herbalist might be a good idea. I generally find Ginseng to be too heating for me. Ginseng is very good for the people that need it. What we are doing here is equivalent to a patient breaking into a pharmacy and experimenting with different medicines.

You might find the following helpful:

http://www.longecity...hinese-medicine

Edited by Luminosity, 16 November 2011 - 03:17 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

More positive anecdotes here:
http://www.mindandmu...4-panax-ginseng

its a special supplement as its pro 5HT2A and also pro glutaminergic, those compounds are rather rare and are very beneficial for a certain subgroup of people.

#4 NeuroNootropic

• 239 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

I like Panax Ginseng because it helps with motivation and energy, but it's also estrogenic: http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/15240639

I wish there was an extract of Panax Ginseng that does not contain Ginsenoside-Rb1.

#5 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

I went to the shop to get some but accidently buyed ampoules i have to IM (?) never saw ginseng to inject, it better works well lol.

I like Panax Ginseng because it helps with motivation and energy, but it's also estrogenic: http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/15240639

I wish there was an extract of Panax Ginseng that does not contain Ginsenoside-Rb1.

It most likely is a weaker agonist actually making it anti estrogenic, dont worry about that man.

#6 machete234

• 459 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

I got some fairly expensive powder of ginseng root, how should I ingest it?
I was planning on putting it in 00 capsules I read somewhere about tea as well.

Edited by machete234, 01 February 2013 - 12:25 PM.

#7 machete234

• 459 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:37 PM

The taste is way too good to not drink it as a tea by putting the powder in hot water.
It tastes a bit like horseradish but not anywhere as hot and I can imagine it tastes very well when eating food like grilled meat.

Cognitively its only a little difference that I notice on day 2 so maybe its not a very powerful nootropic.

#8 leftside

• 161 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:10 AM

I don't rate it as a nootropic but it is a very good health product. I find it is very good for my immune system and also acts as a very mild stimulant.

#9 1kgcoffee

• 737 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:27 AM

Those interested in ginseng should also consider Gynostemma aka jiaogulan aka poor mans ginseng. It's a lot cheaper and contains more saponins than ginseng.

#10 machete234

• 459 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Those interested in ginseng should also consider Gynostemma aka jiaogulan aka poor mans ginseng. It's a lot cheaper and contains more saponins than ginseng.

I have that too, its even wildly grown jiaogulan in these rolled balls.
The jiaogulan tea makes me a bit fuzzy dont know how to explain that better, so for me with it less is more and best is to drink it in the evening.

Edited by machete234, 03 February 2013 - 03:58 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 19 August 2021 - 07:31 AM

An adaptogenic medicinal herb of mythological potency for increasing stamina and a profound sense of well-being. Literally means 'True Ginseng' and refers to the most potent varieties of red ginseng with a wide array of performance-enhancing and preventative health effects.

a98b72ae55785907.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ginseng

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users