Ordering from 4nrx in the UK : Modalert, Waklert and My Experiences So Far

4nrx modafinil modalert waklert uk experiences provigil

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cds

• 11 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:46 PM

Hi guys!

I think this is the right forum for me to post in; I noticed there are a number of Modalert threads in the 'Nootropics' section but I gather that brand and retailer specific threads belong here.

Anyway, I ordered 20 x Waklert (armodafinil) 150mg and 10 x Modalert (modafinil) 200mg for comparison. The supplier was 4nrx, who I believe are United Pharmacies. The price was good and surprisingly the standard free delivery service had my goods arrive in less than 7 days, despite stating 7 to 14 days.

I ordered the Waklert primarily as the cost to supposed active compound ratio was better. I'm sure many of those interested in modafinil will be aware that armodafinil is supposed to be twice the concentration of modafinil due to removing the apparently inactive half of the original mixture. I ordered a pack of Modalert too purely for comparison.

As I got the delivery mid-week, I resisted the urge to try it until the weekend. I didn't want any potential unpleasant side effects at work, nor did I want the possibility of not being able to sleep before a working day. So yesterday I decided to try the Modalert first, as half a tablet should in theory offer less of an effect than half of the Waklert.

I woke at 7.00am and took 100mg of Modalert on what I assume was a relatively empty stomach. I had been out drinking the night before and had a reasonable hangover combined with a lack of sleep (around 5 hours I think). I had breakfast around 8.30am and by this point I was starting to feel something. By 9.20am my heart rate was noticeably quicker and I felt on edge. I got an uncomfortable sensation of pressure around my temples, yet I did feel inclined to organise my day and start my chores. This is not something I am accustomed to whilst hungover; I tend to slob around and put things off. What I couldn't be sure of is whether this motivation was directly down to the compound, or purely myself wanting to take my mind off the almost unpleasant and 'speedy' sensations. You see, the effects were very much like those I experience from too much caffeine; pressure in my temples, elevated heart rate strong enough to feel etc. Not full-blown anxiety but strong enough to be at the back of my mind. It certainly felt like a stimulant, when I was under the impression it should be more subtle than that.

I couldn't be sure if this wasn't all something to do with my hangover. I tend to exhibit mild symptoms like this the day after anyway, but this was certainly pronounced. Also, whilst this tends to disappear mid-afternoon normally, the symptoms remained throughout the entire day. What surprised me was that I still felt sleep-deprivation. My eyes were dark and heavy, with the constant feeling that if I just closed them I would get some relief. There were fleeting moments of complete clarity, but sadly there was no consistency to this.

Around 2.00pm I took the other 100mg of Modalert purely because of the overwhelming sleepiness. Whilst the elevated heart rate had eased off a little by this point - but had certainly not departed - a couple of hours later it was back in full force. There was a little something inside me that enjoyed this state to a certain extent; it was reminiscent of illicit stimulants. I couldn't imagine having to attend work like that though.

After what seemed like a very long day, I settled down to a nice cooked dinner and a bottle of red wine with my partner. I stayed up until around 12.30pm after she had gone to bed, eventually retiring with bleary eyes and a fuzzy head. I should note that the wine was very nice, and although I was very slightly merry, I was a long way off being drunk.

For those of you still with me, I decided to conduct my second test today. After my interesting yet slightly disappointing experience yesterday, I thought it best to try again after a relatively good sleep and I'm pleased to say no hangover. This time I wanted to up the dose slightly so I went with half a tablet of Waklert. This should be 75mg of armodafinil, which in turn should equate to around 150mg of modafinil; 50% more than my initial dose yesterday.

I took the dose upon waking at 8.00am, again on what I would imagine was a fairly empty stomach. By 9.00am I was starting to feel something and by 10.00am the familiar symptoms of yesterday returned in full force. This time I didn't have the hangover to blame, so unless I am victim to myself with a particularly strong placebo effect, I can only attribute this to the compound. I would like to think that over the years I have developed a keen sense for subtle changes in my body and conciousness, but the mind is a powerful thing and can create these very changes after all.

I had a fairly late breakfast at around 11.00am, due to needing a trip to the local supermarket. The slightly unpleasant effects were still there, perhaps lesser now though. I wondered if 2 to 3 hours on this substance without food contributed to the symptoms (think caffeine on an empty stomach). At around 12.30 I had my lunch and started to feel pretty good; my heart rate had settled down to comfortable levels and I felt alert like I'd had a decent coffee without any of the edginess. It's now 5.45pm and my eyes feel heavy as they tend to do after staring at a screen for a while, but I do still feel surprisingly bright. I decided against a second dose in light of how the previous quantities affected me.

A confusing experience in hindsight. From what I had read, I was expecting something different; a stimulant but not in the physical sense with amphetamines or caffeine. However, the effects were very similar to caffeine - certainly for the first five hours or so. I find myself musing over this compound; is it really modafinil / armodafinil? I have never tried the original patented formula. But then caffeine for example tends to last around 3 hours at the most for me and I like my coffees strong. I would expect a fair bit more than 200mg of caffeine in the mugs I drink; not something I could imagine fitting into half of a little tablet like the ones I received in the mail. Besides, caffeine tends to act reasonably quickly for me too. There's a good 2 hours before these tablets really kick in and they certainly last a long time. It is strikingly similar though; as mentioned earlier I do get pressure in my temples with too much caffeine. One more thing to add : I haven't noticed any difference in urine odour over the last couple of days; something apparently characteristic of modafinil / armodafinil.

I've rambled quite a bit here by the look of it. To conclude, I need to experiment a bit more with this. I think smaller doses are in order, a quarter of a Waklert 150mg tablet may be a bit more positive. Perhaps the side effects are a result of too much and there's a sweet spot to be found. Like I say, I'm not sure if I have the genuine article. I should mention that I don't suffer from any conditions that I know of, and purchased this purely to help alleviate tiredness and the lack of motivation experienced with this. I have had excellent results with Piracetam; the correct dose really puts me in "the zone". I am also fond of Aniracetam, as short lived as it is.

I'd love to hear if anyone else's experiences reflect mine with this brand, or any of the tried and tested brands that get prescribed. I also hope this post proves useful or interesting - as unscientific as it is - for anyone considering purchasing this product from this particular supplier. I think I will email Sun Pharma with details from the packaging I have and see if they can confirm that I have their product and not a copy. I don't know how realistic my idea of them investigating is. Either way, this still won't tell me how the original modafinil product compares.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading. I hope there aren't too many mistakes, I'm getting hungry and can't face proof-reading!
  • like x 1

#2 Galantamine

• 209 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:15 PM

Since modafinil has a half-life of ~15 hours, I would not split up the dosage into two. If you're worried about possible side effects, take 100 mg on day 1, and then the full 200 mg on day two.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 cds

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:10 PM

Since modafinil has a half-life of ~15 hours, I would not split up the dosage into two. If you're worried about possible side effects, take 100 mg on day 1, and then the full 200 mg on day two.

You're probably right. I think I got a little excited on the first day and with the half-life as long as 15 hours the second dosage was probably still quite readily in my system the following day when I tried the armodafinil.

I forgot to mention in my first post; another symptom I had on the first day and even more pronounced on the second was bruxism. It crept up slowly at first but on Sunday I was quite aware that my jaw muscles were aching. Nothing like the form of clenching experienced on MDMA, but very similar to what I have experienced on paroxetine - which is evil stuff by the way. Perhaps it contributed to the sensation in my temples.

I'm still interested to hear if people believe this is the genuine article based on my experiences so far. I am going to try it again this Saturday without a hangover or lack of sleep, and see if I can discern the effects in greater detail.

Edited by cds, 24 November 2011 - 10:17 PM.

#4 cds

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:37 PM

An update for anyone interested :

Last weekend I gave these tablets another trial run. This time I was not hungover nor tired and I was pleased with the results. I like these tablets regardless of whether they are genuine modafinil / armodafinil but would still be interested to know if they are the true compound.

8.00am on Saturday I took half a tablet of Waklert. This should be 75mg of armodafinil which should in theory equate to 150mg of modafinil. After an hour I started to feel a little different, like I was on the brink of something. After around two hours those familiar sensations began again; elevated heart rate and blood pressure, slight clenching of jaw and a general bit of edginess. This time though I appreciated it and felt quite sharp and motivated. These effects remained strong for a good five or six hours and I had a very productive day indeed, with a sense of well-being and accomplishment. I was still raring to go around 10.00pm that night and felt that if I had taken a second dose around noon to midday then I could quite easily continue through the night. I had nothing pressing enough to justify doing this though and certainly didn't want to risk fatigue on Monday for work. I had a great nights sleep.

8.00am on Sunday and I decided to try a slightly higher dosage. This time I chose a 200mg Modalert tablet as I reasoned it would be around a third more potent than the previous days dose. The effects were bang on the previous experience and I had another fantastic day of feeling focused, sharp and got plenty done. Here's where I made my mistake though; I had a mug of drip-filtered coffee around 8.00pm when I felt the first noticeable decline in the tablets effects. Usually the effects of caffeine are gone in three hours for me and so 8.00pm is the latest I will drink coffee in order to get a good nights sleep at around 11.00pm. I did my absolute best to relax, breathing steadily, meditating to clear my mind etc., but no matter what I did my heart rate remained elevated and I was so incredibly alert. The best way I can describe it is that my eyes felt wide open even when they were closed. 3.00am is when I finally drifted into a light sleep and it felt like my conciousness had barely time to slip away before my alarm woke me at seven. Strangely enough the lack of sleep was not apparent, but knowing I had a long day ahead of me at work I decided to take a quarter of a Waklert tablet (~37mg) to see just how well this drug would assist me with seven and a half hours at a computer screen. To my surprise, even with a relatively small dose I still got the tell-tale signs of the effects coming on mid-morning whilst sat at my desk. Despite having just four hours of sleep I felt surprisingly chipper all day, although I did take 1800mg of Piracetam just after lunch to help me through my inevitable mid-afternoon slump. Weirdly, I did not feel the Piracetam at all; just the overriding effects of the Waklert. This is not to say I was not aware of my lack of sleep throughout the day - it was certainly visible when looking in the mirror and the day was less than comfortable - but it was significantly easier to deal with than I had ever experienced before. I remained alert until around 10.00pm when I finally retired and fell very easily into a nice, deep sleep. Tuesday felt like any other despite the two previous days and I felt it wise to leave the tablets alone.

In conclusion, I am now quite happy with my purchase. Weekends are my only time to really get stuck into things I have put on the back burner. The problem is that after a hard week at work I never feel like getting stuck into anything and these tablets appear to be great for that. I am thinking that taking a mere quarter of a tablet is probably a decent enough dose for me judging from my experience on Monday, and I certainly won't have any caffeine. Although quite different, in a way I prefer the effects to Piracetam. Certainly the motivational aspect is far greater - perhaps that is more important to me at the moment - but I do love the clarity and lifted mood that I experience with the racetams. More experimenting is in order and I think when the opportunity arises I will try them for pulling an "all-nighter". I am toying with the idea of a small dose before a night out clubbing.

Anyway, I hope you find this interesting and if anyone wishes to contribute I would be interested in reading.

Edited by cds, 30 November 2011 - 10:41 PM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#5 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:09 AM

I appreciate your detailed depictions of your trials. Please keep us updated if you continue taking Waklert. I am considering ordering some.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4nrx, modafinil, modalert, waklert, uk, experiences, provigil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users