Positive Results from Uridine, ALCAR, DHA, Vitamins

uridine depression bipolar ocd

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#121 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

Thats's actually good - suggests you haven't been getting sufficient sleep and your body is resetting. :)

#122 freepie

• 15 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:43 AM

I thought UMP masks the symptoms of sleep-debt. Isn't that what it does for you? has you operating at near normal efficiency even when you didn't get enough sleep?

Also, does it matter exactly where under the tongue I take it sublinguily? Do some parts of the mouth absorb UMP better than others?

By the way, in terms of hours, I have been getting enough sleep. How deep it is I don't know, but I do dream quite a lot. I do wake up several times though

Edited by freepie, 15 April 2013 - 03:44 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#123 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

I thought UMP masks the symptoms of sleep-debt. Isn't that what it does for you? has you operating at near normal efficiency even when you didn't get enough sleep?

Also, does it matter exactly where under the tongue I take it sublinguily? Do some parts of the mouth absorb UMP better than others?

By the way, in terms of hours, I have been getting enough sleep. How deep it is I don't know, but I do dream quite a lot. I do wake up several times though

Give yourself a couple of weeks to settle in.
Uridine in the morning will 'extend the wall' for poor sleep. Uridine at night will trigger a better sleeping pattern. Combined will allow you uridine levels to slowly rise to an effective level.

Anywhere under the tongue - it absorbs through the mucous membranes. Try not to swallow it for a few minutes. :)

#124 freepie

• 15 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:01 AM

Is there any information about how anti-histamines react with Uridine? I've been taking an anti-histamine almost every night for the past 3 weeks because of allergies.

By the way a month or so back I had a lab-test for plasma histamine levels (I hadn't taken any anti-histamine in the week prior to the test) and the result was "<1.5 ng/mL". The test was done by quest diagnostics.

Edited by freepie, 24 April 2013 - 06:03 AM.

#125 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 05:55 AM

Is there any information about how anti-histamines react with Uridine? I've been taking an anti-histamine almost every night for the past 3 weeks because of allergies.

By the way a month or so back I had a lab-test for plasma histamine levels (I hadn't taken any anti-histamine in the week prior to the test) and the result was "<1.5 ng/mL". The test was done by quest diagnostics.

Looks somewhat competitive:
http://m.endo.endojo...ontent/85/4/773

#126 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

The mercury and fish oil hype is overblown. You're more likely getting more mercury from buying untested compounds on ebay.

#127 hani

• 134 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

Any possible interactions between uridine and melatonin?

#128 workplay

• 9 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

any updates?

#129 freepie

• 15 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:50 AM

It's been a month since I've been on the uridine protocol with 75mg sub morning and night. It has definitely improved alertness/focus. As for mood/motivation, it has improved to some extent too. I am hoping for greater improvement in the next couple of months. I have not added choline yet.

#130 freepie

• 15 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

I should add that I don't notice any improvement in anhedonia yet

Or maybe there's been some improvement, not sure

#131 Bghead8che

• 147 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:09 PM

I am taking buprenorphine for chronic pain.  I'm concerned about a potential interaction with Uridine.  Can you any of you science types help me figure out if there is an interaction?  Google search was of no help.  Thanks!

#132 FocusPocus

• 225 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

Im bipolar 2 with significant anxiety and have been using s/l UMP , omega3 and Vitamins for a week now.

Have found some positive benefits.

I start the day with 40mg UMP s/l but i find that to concentrate with the same focus on an 8 hour exam, I need to redose UMP 20mg every 3 hours or so.

Am i doing something wrong?

Maybe ALCAR is going to help. What dose do i start with?

I remember getting increased anxiety when using ALCAR alone at 500mg twice daily dosing long time back.

What else other than ALCAR can i add to this stack of UMP, omega-3 and multivitamins to improve my anxiety and gain focus?

Hope someone will reply. thanks

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#133 Snozzberry Scientist

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 December 2015 - 11:28 PM

I was doubtful of uridine making a difference but I introduced it too my stack which includes: Mega-dose fish oil, Choline, alcar, creatine, lions mane, bacopa, Piracetam, coluracetam, good sleep, and lots of exercise (this stack worked great and before the addition of Uridine I was content to stick with these supps....) But wonders never cease it actually has noticeably made a difference. In the two weeks time I've taken uridine: my focus is better, I feel more motivated, and my memory is noticeably improved... Needless to say I'm quite please and impressed..

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: uridine, depression, bipolar, ocd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Topic Led By