* * * * * 14 votes

Epitalon (Split from Astragalus thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1755 replies to this topic

#1591 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 04:15 PM

How much are they using? 

I would think that subcutaneous injection would diffuse into the blood stream very quickly whereas oral antler velvet pills gets slowly absorbed in the gut where they first effect the size of the vagus nerve and the demand for food.

I suppose topical administrations where we aren't prone to fat gain or straight infusions if you can get them would bypass the potential for fat gain?

igf-1 is an unstable molecule so I am certain there is no igf-1 in the spray. If the spray increases it by some other mechanism then it is almost certainly an insignificant effect.

Igf-1 works locally..

#1592 YOLF

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:57 PM

How much are they using? 

I would think that subcutaneous injection would diffuse into the blood stream very quickly whereas oral antler velvet pills gets slowly absorbed in the gut where they first effect the size of the vagus nerve and the demand for food.

I suppose topical administrations where we aren't prone to fat gain or straight infusions if you can get them would bypass the potential for fat gain?

igf-1 is an unstable molecule so I am certain there is no igf-1 in the spray. If the spray increases it by some other mechanism then it is almost certainly an insignificant effect.

Igf-1 works locally..

You know, they do make preservatives that stop degradation and some very common food additives such as citric acid and potassium sorbate seam to do the job just fine. Maybe injectible or pure IGF1 is unstable, but preserved IGF1 would seem to work just fine and the change in mood is easy to recognize.

• Ill informed x 1

#1593 Gramson

• 135 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 11:05 PM

Hello all, just checking in.

The last time I posted, I said I had tested with TeloYears, and that on my first test I was 73 actual, 71 test.

I was on a course of Epitalon and TA 65, and tested about two months ago at teloyears 47 ( I am still 73)

I went a bit nuts, and have been on a 10 mg daily regimen, of 800 mg epitalon, and added 10mg , 200 mg total, Thymalin.

I will test again in about a month.

I would add that although I am very healthy, I have more age wrinkles now than before ( very evident) and do not see any benefit other than telomere growth.

Now, a good telomere reading NORMALLY would determine a persons age and general health... but maybe epitalon only grows telomeres.

Maybe everything else is 73 ?

Hard to say.

Befiore I started Epitalon, I had no age wrinkles., however, I did take a peptide for muscle growth, and perhaps skin growth, but again, I don't see a youth look benefit with epitalon at all.

So far, it grows Telomeres, which may or may not mean anything else at all. Like wearing eye contacts, does not mean your vision is perfect....

It will be interesting to see my next test, as I REALLY went to town. I usually do 3mg daily on 100 mg, and that's it, every six months. This is 800 mg over about 3 months.

I plan on quitting "permanently" after this coming test.

I still have a very young female friend, and the plumbing is still functioning.

I am usually on a mobile device, which does not post here, so I may or not be able to post here for a bit.

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#1594 YOLF

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:09 AM

Hello all, just checking in.

The last time I posted, I said I had tested with TeloYears, and that on my first test I was 73 actual, 71 test.

I was on a course of Epitalon and TA 65, and tested about two months ago at teloyears 47 ( I am still 73)

I went a bit nuts, and have been on a 10 mg daily regimen, of 800 mg epitalon, and added 10mg , 200 mg total, Thymalin.

I will test again in about a month.

I would add that although I am very healthy, I have more age wrinkles now than before ( very evident) and do not see any benefit other than telomere growth.

Now, a good telomere reading NORMALLY would determine a persons age and general health... but maybe epitalon only grows telomeres.

Maybe everything else is 73 ?

Hard to say.

Befiore I started Epitalon, I had no age wrinkles., however, I did take a peptide for muscle growth, and perhaps skin growth, but again, I don't see a youth look benefit with epitalon at all.

So far, it grows Telomeres, which may or may not mean anything else at all. Like wearing eye contacts, does not mean your vision is perfect....

It will be interesting to see my next test, as I REALLY went to town. I usually do 3mg daily on 100 mg, and that's it, every six months. This is 800 mg over about 3 months.

I plan on quitting "permanently" after this coming test.

I still have a very young female friend, and the plumbing is still functioning.

I am usually on a mobile device, which does not post here, so I may or not be able to post here for a bit.

Are you taking anything that would increase DNA methylation?

Something else I watched happen with my rejuvenation regimen was that wrinkles changed in ways I did not anticipate. The skin between them plumped up first and made them look deeper, but I noticed that the skin was younger between the wrinkles and kept taking it. The pressure from the plumping of the skine between wrinkles seems to have been eroding wrinkle depth slowly and progressively looks better. 

I'm still not sure what epitalon is or which part of the brain it comes from, but I think it might eventually make you look younger. Another important thing to do is demethylate your DNA and restore your DNA to more youthful activity. Can you take pictures? Do you have an usb endoscope camera? They are really good for detailed pics of skin wrinkles... Really brutal, so a great measurement tool for progress. Depstech makes a good one on Amazon.

#1595 YOLF

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:12 AM

Oh, and increasing Hyaluronic acid without additional elastin can make you look more wrinkled, or wrinkled in different ways that you didn't wrinkle before.

#1596 Moondancer

• 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 November 2017 - 03:59 AM

This must have been asked more often, but: where do you guys get reliable Epitalon (good quality, high purity)? 

Gramson, it was discussed Teloyears may not be the most trustworthy source to get your telomeres tested.

#1597 Gramson

• 135 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:24 PM

thanks for all input. I may have started the idea that teloyears is not reliable, in that my post of a few months ago said my Teloyears test was 7!. I mistakenly typed 7 and exclamation point, when it should have been 71.

Teloyears does not actually test telomeres, but a telomere significator. Not sure what it is.

I was using Ceretropics, but now use nootropicssource.com, as they give discounts on more than one item. They are in Florida. It is the same as ceretropics at about 119 a bottle, but I paid $85 each for 8 items. I ordered on the first day of that hurricane, and got it in two days.

Any ideas on an elastin source ? Thanks for that info.

Rich

#1598 YOLF

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:54 PM

Ellagic acid extracts of pomegranate can help with maintaining elastin. Otherwise, you can use St. Ives skin renewing lotion. It's cheap, I just use it in the shower and rinse it off though... seems most skin lotions aren't meant to actually been left on skin. Jergens also makes a skin firming product with elastin in it. Both are under $5 for large bottles. Or, you could make your own lotion. Elastin from fish sources is about $20/bottle if you want to buy all your own skincare treatment ingredients. They say elastin can't be absorbed through the gut, so it has to go on the skin. I'm not sure about that... might be old information predating enteral gelcaps. I've been looking for liquid capable enteral capsules to put some of the cosmetic grade collagen into... though I suppose I could try using a long feeding tube too.

• like x 1

#1599 Moondancer

• 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:08 PM

It was not you but someone else that suggested Teloyears may not be that reliable, Gramson. I had read another report of someone that had his telomeres tested with Teloyears, and in his case he had a test result that estimated him at <20 years old whereas he was 50 years old (he didn't use Epitalon). Since you have just as remarkable test results I asked how reliable those Teloyears tests actually were, and someone else suggested they may not be that reliable.

Is there any source that we know of that sells epitalon that was tested for purity? Does Genscript (still) sell epitalon? Perhaps we can organize a group buy?

Yolf, nice info: have you used this St. Ives skincare cream and noticed any results?

Edited by Moondancer, 01 November 2017 - 10:10 PM.

#1600 YOLF

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:34 PM

It was not you but someone else that suggested Teloyears may not be that reliable, Gramson. I had read another report of someone that had his telomeres tested with Teloyears, and in his case he had a test result that estimated him at <20 years old whereas he was 50 years old (he didn't use Epitalon). Since you have just as remarkable test results I asked how reliable those Teloyears tests actually were, and someone else suggested they may not be that reliable.

Is there any source that we know of that sells epitalon that was tested for purity? Does Genscript (still) sell epitalon? Perhaps we can organize a group buy?

Yolf, nice info: have you used this St. Ives skincare cream and noticed any results?

Yeah, some... it didn't turn me into a teenager or anything. It's just another part of my regimen.  I'll add that even on a bad day, my blood pressure is awesome. It's possible that it's getting into and surviving my blood stream. If it is and I had to guess it's the pomegranate extract with ellagic acid that I take loads of.

#1601 Bushi84

• 34 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:04 PM

If you guys would do a group buy for epitalon, than am in. 

I tried searching for the german supllier, but couldn't find him. And buying from out of Europe is pretty risky for me, since they confiscated my Epi from China in the beginning of the year. 

#1602 YOLF

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:35 PM

As I'm now seeing it called Epi, I'm wondering if epitalon isn't an adrenal extract as it has similarity to Epinephrine. Or perhaps it is a hypothalamus extract? I do know it's a pure molecule fyi.

I just don't know about taking something like this unless I know what it's supposed to be. It doesn't even tmk have a wikipedia page.

#1603 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:04 AM

If you guys would do a group buy for epitalon, than am in. 

I tried searching for the german supllier, but couldn't find him. And buying from out of Europe is pretty risky for me, since they confiscated my Epi from China in the beginning of the year. 

Yes practically all China to EU packages are seized no matter the content of the package. You could do China -> US reposting company -> Europe but I'm not sure if the China to US is much better. And then I am sure it would be expensive.

I think all of you who have bought epitalon have actually bought something else, otherwise I think you should have seen rejuvenation like the Russian scientists.

• Ill informed x 1

#1604 Moondancer

• 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:26 AM

Bushi, I'd be interested in a group buy too.

If anyone else is interested in a group buy, please speak up  ;) .

What about Genscript as asked, does anyone know if they do sell Epitalon and if we could organize a group buy through them? They seem a reliable source (am I right)?
Would shipping from the US to Europe cause similar problems as shipping from China to Europe apparently causes? If someone from the US (a longstanding member probably) would organize the group buy and ship the items to those members in Europe in 'unsuspicious packages' this may work?

Edited by Moondancer, 03 November 2017 - 02:27 AM.

#1605 Moondancer

• 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 02:28 AM

As I'm now seeing it called Epi, I'm wondering if epitalon isn't an adrenal extract as it has similarity to Epinephrine. Or perhaps it is a hypothalamus extract? I do know it's a pure molecule fyi.

I just don't know about taking something like this unless I know what it's supposed to be. It doesn't even tmk have a wikipedia page.

I thought you were already using Epitalon?

Off-topic but you seem to have a regimen of supplements that you trust in. Did you post your current regimen somewhere here on this forum perhaps?

#1606 sciwalk

• Topic Starter
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 03:39 AM

What about Genscript as asked, does anyone know if they do sell Epitalon and if we could organize a group buy through them? They seem a reliable source (am I right)?
Would shipping from the US to Europe cause similar problems as shipping from China to Europe apparently causes? If someone from the US (a longstanding member probably) would organize the group buy and ship the items to those members in Europe in 'unsuspicious packages' this may work?

We ship to Europe everyday, from Hong Kong.
Genscript is in China, near Shanghai, that is where all their peptide comes from, China.  Anything they sell from their satellite office in US is just peptide shipped there from China.  I am not knocking Genscript, I am just saying, the logic to buy from Genscript for the purpose of avoiding China shipping does not follow unless it is that you want to order from the USA Genscript peptide that is first coming from China?

#1607 YOLF

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:21 AM

Is it getting confiscated b/c the Chinese aren't putting the right price on the customs form or b/c it is actually illegal? Don't they have patient's rights laws in the EU?

If it's legal, I don't mind doing the bulk buy and shipping it out to everyone and I will be charging for the service.

#1608 TaiChiKid

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:31 AM

Count me in for the group buy as well, please.  I am in Canada.

#1609 YOLF

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:52 AM

Off-topic but you seem to have a regimen of supplements that you trust in. Did you post your current regimen somewhere here on this forum perhaps?

My regimen is being constantly improved and I'm always experimenting with something new, or something I might have bought a month ago.It takes time to integrate a regimen. I guess it's sort of like a bare bones Waterfall process with an end goal, but uses a series of Agile opportunities that were built in to the backbone. So I get plenty of chances to curate all the different supplements I've researched and see which ones work under which condition. I just cracked open an extract I probably bought over a year ago which I had previously abandoned for side effects, and more recently, my regimen changed to a scenario which allowed me to try it again, and it worked great! I'll probably make sure I can keep taking now, or take it up until such time as the benefits no longer occur. In the next month or two, I might start deprenyl and namenda as a weight loss combination therapy and see if it doesn't work extremely well with PQQ and my DNA demethylation, and endologous stem cell expansion protocols among others (I build synergies).

Anyways, I think what is more important is to determine a starting point and a goal. As I said,earlier, I dug a supplement out that I hadn't taken it in a while b/c I had found a way to take it and it's benefits were suddenly the icing on the cake to my regimen and went very well with the other things I'm taking with great success.

Also, no, I'm not taking epitalon. It sounds promising as a telomere activator, but there are actually lots of others. I guess the biggest reason that I haven't is because there just isn't enough published data on it that is available to me. If I were to take it, I would be missing out on potentially dozens of opportunities for synergizing with the rest of my regimen. Given what I can do at this point with two sticks, I'd feel like I wasn't getting my money's worth out of it and that I wasn't using it "right." I do keep hoping someone will spill the beans. I have this feeling like I might be missing out on some potential rejuvenation vectors, but I look at the people taking this stuff and what my synergies are doing will probably surpass uninformed and expensive use of epitalon. It's really just another peptide to me though. There are lots of them, and lots of other things that haven't made it to pills yet and it's easy to predict which ones of them will help me reach my goals and have as of yet undescribed benefits when used as combination therapies where they might have no such benefits on their own. If anyone knows what the science of figuring this kind of thing out is called, I'd like to know.. 

#1610 YOLF

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:57 AM

Oh, and also on the topic of patient rights laws, you are probably under informed. It's often not in the medical establishment's best interest to tell you that have rights other than those related to privacy or to tell you that you have rights which they are required by law to tell you. Someone had to show me law or I wouldn't have believed what I had.

#1611 Moondancer

• 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:58 PM

Sofar we have:

• Moondancer
  • TaiChiKid (Canada)
  • Bushi (Europe)

interested in a group buy of Epitalon. That's not too many people, and unless one of us wants to buy a large amount of Epitalon, I doubt that would be enough to come up with an interesting offer for a group buy. I had hoped we could at least come up with 10 of us interested in buying Epitalon. No one else that would want to join a group buy?

SciWalk, it doesn't seem to be the fact the Epitalon stems from China that is the problem (if we can at least have an idea of the purity and whether we are really buying Epitalon), but the fact that it is apparently conviscated when it is shipped from China to Europe, as Bushi says.

As far as I know GenScript would ship from the US (and if needed one of us could ship it from the US to Europe in packaging that is not likely to draw any attention with customs).

I thought GenScript was considered a reputable company also providing peptides to labs for research purposes?((?) And I think they have contributed to some Longecity group buys in the past, so they seem a reliable option too. But I'm not even sure if they sell Epitalon thusfar.

#1612 meatsauce

• 329 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:34 PM

Sofar we have:

• Moondancer
  • TaiChiKid (Canada)
  • Bushi (Europe)

interested in a group buy of Epitalon. That's not too many people, and unless one of us wants to buy a large amount of Epitalon, I doubt that would be enough to come up with an interesting offer for a group buy. I had hoped we could at least come up with 10 of us interested in buying Epitalon. No one else that would want to join a group buy?

SciWalk, it doesn't seem to be the fact the Epitalon stems from China that is the problem (if we can at least have an idea of the purity and whether we are really buying Epitalon), but the fact that it is apparently conviscated when it is shipped from China to Europe, as Bushi says.

As far as I know GenScript would ship from the US (and if needed one of us could ship it from the US to Europe in packaging that is not likely to draw any attention with customs).

I thought GenScript was considered a reputable company also providing peptides to labs for research purposes?((?) And I think they have contributed to some Longecity group buys in the past, so they seem a reliable option too. But I'm not even sure if they sell Epitalon thusfar.

I could set up an order through Genscript I have already worked with them. We would need more people though. 

• like x 1

#1613 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:40 PM

Sofar we have:

• Moondancer
  • TaiChiKid (Canada)
  • Bushi (Europe)

I could set up an order through Genscript I have already worked with them. We would need more people though. 

Genescript can also make it TFA-free for a small extra charge. I have bids from them for both epitalon and real thymulin (glu-tryp).

#1614 meatsauce

• 329 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:46 PM

Sofar we have:

• Moondancer
  • TaiChiKid (Canada)
  • Bushi (Europe)

Genescript can also make it TFA-free for a small extra charge. I have bids from them for both epitalon and real thymulin (glu-tryp).

It HAS to be TFA free. 

#1615 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:09 PM

It HAS to be TFA free. 

Not funny, but how many peptide vendors on the net say that any of their products are TFA-free?

I inquired of one and received no reply.

I haven't been following, so what is the cost in the group buy and is this going to be Genescript produced peptide?

Also, why not have them make Thymalin, too, which is what Khavinson partner's Epitalon with for optimal life-extension effects?

#1616 Gramson

• 135 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:32 PM

count me in on a group buy also.

just got elastin cream and DMAE, thanks for the tip

#1617 Moondancer

• 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:33 PM

Meatsauce, that would be fantastic if you would want to arrange the group buy, as you have a longer track record here: thanks! (Unsure why anyone would ask for references with his post: if you use such a rating, be fair and say why).

So far we have:

• Meatsauce 
  • Moondancer
  • TaiChiKid (Canada)
  • Bushi (Europe)
  • Gramson

Mikey, thanks for the info about GenScript's epitalon. Would you also want to join the group buy?

I agree the epitalon would have to be TFA-free.

I also like Mikey's suggestion to ask them to make Thymalin too, as per Khavinson's protocol. What do others think of that?

1. How much would everyone like to order?
  2. Would it be recommendable to use Khavinson's protocol of a treatment of 10mg per day for 10 consecutive days every 6 months (or was it a different protocol)?

(Can't post anymore today as I reached the upper limit of posts I'm allowed to make).

Edited by Moondancer, 03 November 2017 - 09:35 PM.

#1618 Gramson

• 135 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:34 PM

pf4363@gmail.com, will do group order

#1619 Gramson

• 135 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:42 PM

thymalin adds punch to the Epitalon, almost doubles efficacy. I have Khavinsons books. By the way Epitalon is a Pineal factor. There is no overdose to worry about. I have been doing 10 mg daily for months.

Others may have a better idea as to what could be a problem.

my problem is loose skin/ wrinkles. It has been suggested lots of epitalon may cause this , and I should take Elastin.

My skin was very good BEFORE epitalon. Telomeres have grown, but so have wrinkles.

#1620 mike888

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2017 - 10:07 PM

@Gramsom

you wrote 

my problem is loose skin/ wrinkles. It has been suggested lots of epitalon may cause this

interesting...who has made this suggestion?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users