• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

NOOPEPT - THUMBS UP OR THUMBS DOWN?

noopept nootropic nootropics memory cognitive cognition learning smart drug piracetam racetam

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

Poll: NOOPEPT - THUMBS UP OR THUMBS DOWN? (386 member(s) have cast votes)

NOOPEPT - THUMBS UP OR THUMBS DOWN?

1. Voted THUMBS UP (291 votes [75.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.39%

2. THUMBS DOWN (95 votes [24.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#151 SoloX

• 5 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

We just finished up our research on it: http://examine.com/s...ements/Noopept/
  • like x 5

#152 Borega

• 22 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

read the Report 2 days ago. I have a question: Did you find any activity on the D2 and D3 Dopamine receptors like with Aniracetam? I found my trails with noopept to seem very domapigenic.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#153 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:04 AM

Excellent write up! Thank you.

#154 SoloX

• 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

read the Report 2 days ago. I have a question: Did you find any activity on the D2 and D3 Dopamine receptors like with Aniracetam? I found my trails with noopept to seem very domapigenic.

We could not come across any studies assessing Noopept and dopamine or dopaminergic receptors, so we don't really know what is happened at that level right now.

#155 Inoxia

• 15 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

We could not come across any studies assessing Noopept and dopamine or dopaminergic receptors, so we don't really know what is happened at that level right now.

http://www.jbc.org/c.../35/21100.full:

Neurotrophins Stimulate the Release of Dopamine from Rat Mesencephalic Neurons via Trk and p75Lntr Receptors*

We analyzed the short term effect of neurotrophins on mesencephalic neuronal cultures of embryonic (E14) rats with respect to which receptors mediate the actions. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) or neurotrophin-3 enhanced within minutes in a dose-dependent manner (2, 20, 100 ng/ml for 5 min) depolarization-induced (KCl, 30 m 5 min) and basal dopamine release, but nerve growth factor (NGF) was only effective at high doses (100 ng/ml). The effect of BDNF, but not of NGF, was blocked by K252a or K252b. BDNF, but not NGF, phosphorylated trkB receptors. The NGF-induced, but not the BDNF-induced effect upon the release of dopamine was blocked by anti-p75 antibody MC192. C2-ceramide, an analogue of ceramide, the second messenger of the sphingomyelin pathway, and sphingomyelinase itself induced a release of dopamine comparable with the effect of NGF. NGF, but not BDNF, increased ceramide production. In addition, simultaneous treatment with BDNF and NGF led to a partial prevention of the NGF-stimulated, p75Lntr-mediated effect.
We conclude that BDNF stimulates the release of dopamine by activation of the trkB receptor, whereas NGF affects the release via the p75Lntr receptor inducing the sphingomyelin pathway.

Maybe this could be a possible reason for the perceived dopaminergic effects

Edited by Inoxia, 17 March 2013 - 12:26 PM.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#156 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

Neurotrophins Stimulate the Release of Dopamine from Rat Mesencephalic Neurons via Trk and p75Lntr Receptors*

How does one map from noopept to neurotrophins?

#157 totalrecomp

• 8 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

Thumbs up from me.

I have dosed the following:
T:30mg AM
W: 20mg AM
TH: 30mg AM 20mg PM
F:40mg AM

Nothing but positive results for me. Excellent focus, improved short term recall, energy that has compensated for lack of sleep, improved mood(less depression and easier to control temper), enhanced sense of purpose, mild transient anxiety(this comes and goes even when on nothing) no decrease in desire for sex or ability to perform, improved vision as if my previous vision was old school high definition and on noopept I posses 1080p vision. Enhanced appreciation of music. Enjoyment of reading has increased as has retention and comprehension.

Overall this compound is my favorite so far and supplies almost exactly what I am looking for in a nootropic. I do get the sense that it is something to be respected and breaks are to be taken as to preserve the benefits and avoid possible unforeseen pitfalls.

#158 zeropoint

• 92 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

So I finally opened my bag of 500 doses of noopept......
As of my first day combining 5-10mg. with 1 gram piracetam notice a subtle anxiolytic effect so far.
Combined it with 100mg.modafinil in the morning so may have skewed results a bit.but was looking for a more awakening effect rather than a groggy one.

Thumbs up so far

Edited by zeropoint, 13 April 2013 - 09:58 PM.

#159 andrea23

• 82 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

http://photos.imagee...sertEnglish.pdf

#160 Web

• 22 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

Have not had good experiences with Noopept so far. Pretty sure I'm not combining it with the right supplements. The first day I took it, about 1.5 months ago at two 10mg doses, definitely noticed a difference in mood, musical awareness, and enhanced perception of color. Later that night, however, I had an awful headache, most likely from the lack of choline. I have since purchased Alpha GPC but have been sporadic at best with my regimen. I tried to pick things up this week and have had 3 poor experiences, each time taking 2-3 10mg doses along with 900-1200mg Alpha GPC. I feel like a zombie, very sleepy, groggy, slowed thought process... pretty much the exact opposite of what I'm supposed to feel on this. There was one brief moment of enhanced musical awareness a couple days ago, other than that, nothing positive and several negatives. Anybody have any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong? Neither for nor against Noopept at this point, still too early.
  • like x 1

#161 brainlove4

• 4 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

I have tried noopept (the most recent nootropic I've tried) and have had some success. I bought the Liftmode brand off of Amazon. It does seem to make thinking a bit more clear. I usually combind it with coffee and it seems to work better.

I seem to get a larger dopamine rush as well as clear headedness, slight increase in awareness, and a calming effect. I also meditate and it seems a lot easier to get into a meditative state while using noopept.

I seem to enjoy the outdoors more also when I am using noopept; perhaps because I can notice a lot of the little things more than usual. I would give noopept a thumbs up.
  • like x 1

#162 snazzhands

• 22 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:30 PM

Thumbs up. Best effect for me is loss of anxiety. Some effects bodering on psychedelic at first have now worn off after a few weeks regular usage. No effect on my sex drive. Not sure about effect on learning/memory.

#163 guyonabuffalo

• 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:50 PM

Have not had good experiences with Noopept so far. Pretty sure I'm not combining it with the right supplements. The first day I took it, about 1.5 months ago at two 10mg doses, definitely noticed a difference in mood, musical awareness, and enhanced perception of color. Later that night, however, I had an awful headache, most likely from the lack of choline. I have since purchased Alpha GPC but have been sporadic at best with my regimen. I tried to pick things up this week and have had 3 poor experiences, each time taking 2-3 10mg doses along with 900-1200mg Alpha GPC. I feel like a zombie, very sleepy, groggy, slowed thought process... pretty much the exact opposite of what I'm supposed to feel on this. There was one brief moment of enhanced musical awareness a couple days ago, other than that, nothing positive and several negatives. Anybody have any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong? Neither for nor against Noopept at this point, still too early.

I haven't tried any Noopept, but I plan on to in the near future, I do however take the four "core" racetams(pira, oxi, pram, and ani) and I can tell you that I feel like the walking dead when I end up taking too much of them. Something to do with the bell curve I'm sure. I have noticed, with positive results, that less is more. I would try lesser doses of the Noopept and/or the AlphaGPC. Perhaps you don't require as much choline as you think you do.

Also, I've read in this forum that some non-responders to racetams have had success adding glutamine to their stack, maybe that's another possibility to try.

Just my two cents.

#164 jly1986

• 166 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:22 PM

In the studies, I noticed Noopept was found to help depression (learned helplessness), but in my experience after taking even a relatively small dose or Noopept (~10-20mg/day), I become quite depressed. As a result of the depression, I withdraw from social situations.

The same thing happens to me when I take the B-complex vitamins, which have been reported to have anti-depressive effects as well, but when I take them, I get deeply depressed, so much that I have to stop taking them. And after a day or two of stopping, I feel fine again.

Definitely not a placebo effect, because I really want supplementation to work for me, and I take them with every expectation of enjoying improved and positive mood. But I wind up experiencing the exact opposite. Reverse-placebo effect?

Edited by jly1986, 09 June 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#165 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

How does one map from noopept to neurotrophins?

From the Examine article:

"Mechanistically, single doses of noopept at 0.5mg/kg (as well as 28 days of chronic dosing at the same dose) noted increases in both NGF and BNDF mRNA concentrations in the rat hippocampus, with a greater relative increase in NGF and no apparent tolerance developing over 28 days.[13] The authors hypothesized that the increase in these factors (neurotrophin factors) is associated with chronic improvement in memory associated with Noopept, as some trials noted greater improvements following chronic dosing (rats[14] and humans[4]) while neurotrophins are known to be associated with long-term memory enhancement."

#166 Stormy

• 27 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:21 PM

I gave it two separate trial runs, a few months apart. Both times I was using pre-made caps of 10-15 mg each, and taking one per day. The first time I tried it, I went for two days in a row, and there was nothing in the caps except for the noopept. Day 1 gave me no noticeable benefits and a pounding racetam-like headache, way worse than any of the racetams ever had. I normally don't take choline with racetams because choline makes me sleepy, it seems to decrease the effectiveness of the racetam, and racetam headaches are relatively rare for me except when I've been off racetams for a while and am starting them back up - and even then, the headaches are mild and short-lived. But, since noopept was sort of its own animal as opposed to a run of the mill racetam, I figured I'd try it with Alpha GPC the next day and see what that did. Alpha GPC did nothing other than knock me out, and when I woke up, the headache had gotten worse from he second dose of noopept. I stopped the noopept, and it took the headache a full day to go away.

The next time I tried noopept, I figured I'd take it with a choline supplement from the get-go and give it at least a week before I gave up on it, since oxiracetam and pramiracetam both gave me a headache before my body adjusted to them, and I didn't notice any effects with pram until I'd been taking it for a week or so. However, I had to give up on the noopept after four or five days I was in so much pain. After I stopped, I had a full-on migraine that lasted 48 hours, which is more than twice as long as any migraine has ever lasted for me before or since. And I never noticed any positive results from the noopept at all, at any point. This stuff might be good for some people, but it was a nightmare for me.
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#167 jly1986

• 166 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

In the studies, I noticed Noopept was found to help depression (learned helplessness), but in my experience after taking even a relatively small dose or Noopept (~10-20mg/day), I become quite depressed. As a result of the depression, I withdraw from social situations.

The same thing happens to me when I take the B-complex vitamins, which have been reported to have anti-depressive effects as well, but when I take them, I get deeply depressed, so much that I have to stop taking them. And after a day or two of stopping, I feel fine again.

Definitely not a placebo effect, because I really want supplementation to work for me, and I take them with every expectation of enjoying improved and positive mood. But I wind up experiencing the exact opposite. Reverse-placebo effect?

An update - I've been taking Noopept (~10mg/day) for two months now, and I haven't experienced the depression I reported earlier. I think the depression was caused by taking too much centrophenoxine (Lucidril) at the time. (There's a warning that those who suffer from depression shouldn't take Lucidril.) I've started taking some centrophenoxine again, around 500mg/day, and it usually takes about a couple of weeks before the depression kicks in, after which I take a break, and then feel fine again. Interesting how that works.

#168 prunk

• 227 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

It's such a shame it didn't work for me. Increased NGF and BDNF would have been great for my wrecked brain. Maybe I'll try Lion's Mane again, even though it totally ruined my sleep last time I tried it.

#169 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

It's such a shame it didn't work for me. Increased NGF and BDNF would have been great for my wrecked brain. Maybe I'll try Lion's Mane again, even though it totally ruined my sleep last time I tried it.

What dosage did you try? DId you get no results or side effects?

#170 Leonardo

• 20 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

thumbs down for me, mostly because it makes me really paranoid
  • like x 1

#171 h2o

• 52 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:41 AM

From my experience, I would say Noopept relieves depression and improves memory, but only temporarily which is VERY unfortunate. What is surprising is that Noopept - for me - seems to give the exact same depression relief as ketamine which is described as the following:

*severe depression is relieved in under two hours (!!)
*effects last for about two weeks
*proposed mechanism is a quick increase in BDNF

What is also interesting is a sudden increase in social skills and short term memory. When I took Noopept, during those initial days I found myself glancing at license plate numbers and being able to recite them forwards and backwards when usually my short term/working memory is pretty bad due to ADD.

But after 10 days, I went back to my original state of depression, unmanaged ADD, and poor memory.

It would be great if there is a way to prolong those initial effects of Noopept.

Edited by h2o, 15 July 2013 - 03:50 AM.

• like x 2

#172 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:01 AM

But after 10 days, I went back to my original state of depression, unmanaged ADD, and poor memory.

This is very interesting, as it seems to be the exact opposite of what the manufacturer talks about, i.e. cognition enhancement only starts to appear after around 10 days. It is also the opposite of my personal experience.

Did you ONLY take Noopept during your trial? If not, what other meds/supplements did you use? Did you start or stop something else after 10 days?

#173 h2o

• 52 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:57 AM

This is very interesting, as it seems to be the exact opposite of what the manufacturer talks about, i.e. cognition enhancement only starts to appear after around 10 days. It is also the opposite of my personal experience.

Did you ONLY take Noopept during your trial? If not, what other meds/supplements did you use? Did you start or stop something else after 10 days?

Noopept was the only supplement I changed during the time I took it, but I was already taking supplements for general brain health such as choline, creatine, and potassium as well as Vitamin D. I made sure to stop piracetam and other racetams a few days before because I wanted to see the effects of Noopept alone. Noopept for me was just too good to be true. After 10 days, it seemed like my system had more BDNF than it was used to, and further Noopept doses didn't have any effect on me. I may try another brand in the future to see how that goes, but it was nice while it lasted.

#174 NilsOlav

• 82 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:40 AM

Used it for a month and a half. Overall positive effects, but I don't think I'll continue using it for a number of reasons. First, NGF may have a connection to brain tumors. More of something is not always necessarily a good thing. Second, it did cause a definite shift in my mood and life perspective. I don't think it made me feel "depressed", but it was like my emotions had a new flavor to them. Sometimes in a good way, sometimes in a bad way. My thoughts laying in bed before I went to sleep were somehow very different, as if I was using a different set of paint brushes to paint the images of my mind than I did before. Felt oddly nostalgic about things that only happened recently.

On a side note, I don't think it reduced my libido at all while using it, but found it odd that I had a sharp increase in libido after I stopped using it.
  • like x 2

#175 alecnevsky

• 344 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:06 AM

A lot of these replies reflect my experience with Noopept as well, namely, 1) headaches 2) novel and also eerie emotions with respect to common phenomena in common settings 3) anisocoria -- the difference in pupil size and just overall dilated pupils.

Head aches were intolerable. The happy/novel feelings were coupled with a worse WM performance. Overall hazy feeling, kinda trippy even... being way too easily entertained as if inebriated.

Thumbs down from a person who likes to be in control of his thoughts and not have a happy-go-lucky brain-growing experiment going on. Again, I am also the person who hated Piracetam's worthless effect while absolutely loving Aniracetam and Modafinil for the rigor of thought it produced and predictability of the mechanisms.

Noopept is a mystery to me. I don't like mystery food/drugs.

P.S. My source is authentic pills sold in Russian pharmacies.

Edited by alecnevsky, 25 July 2013 - 06:09 AM.

• like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#176 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:26 PM

A lot of these replies reflect my experience with Noopept as well, namely, 1) headaches 2) novel and also eerie emotions with respect to common phenomena in common settings 3) anisocoria -- the difference in pupil size and just overall dilated pupils.

Head aches were intolerable. The happy/novel feelings were coupled with a worse WM performance. Overall hazy feeling, kinda trippy even... being way too easily entertained as if inebriated.

Thumbs down from a person who likes to be in control of his thoughts and not have a happy-go-lucky brain-growing experiment going on. Again, I am also the person who hated Piracetam's worthless effect while absolutely loving Aniracetam and Modafinil for the rigor of thought it produced and predictability of the mechanisms.

Noopept is a mystery to me. I don't like mystery food/drugs.

P.S. My source is authentic pills sold in Russian pharmacies.

What was your dose?

#177 Lemon.

• Validating/Suspended
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

I voted [yay]
  • dislike x 1

#178 prunk

• 227 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

What dosage did you try? DId you get no results or side effects?

I tried 4mg and 7mg and felt like crap. Some really bad headaches too. Only Risperdal and Abilify were shittier ones.

#179 mrd1

• 460 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

Hmm, I take 90mg of noopept everyday and 55mg of amphetamine and SSRI while having some form of orgasm 2-4 times a day from varied sources. So, I guess not everyone has these side effects?
  • dislike x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#180 prunk

• 227 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

In my case SSRI and Amphetamine would most definately cover up any side effect from Noopept.

Edited by prunk, 12 August 2013 - 01:20 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noopept, nootropic, nootropics, memory, cognitive, cognition, learning, smart drug, piracetam, racetam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users