• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

NOOPEPT - THUMBS UP OR THUMBS DOWN?

noopept nootropic nootropics memory cognitive cognition learning smart drug piracetam racetam

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

Poll: NOOPEPT - THUMBS UP OR THUMBS DOWN? (386 member(s) have cast votes)

NOOPEPT - THUMBS UP OR THUMBS DOWN?

1. Voted THUMBS UP (291 votes [75.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.39%

2. THUMBS DOWN (95 votes [24.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

Moderate agreement. I can estmate doses of noopept by eye with roughly a 5mg error margin, but that's only after dosing with a miligram scale for a while to get a feel for it. I wouldn't bet on what my guesses were before gaining experience with the scale.

Dealextreme.com sells a perfectly functional milligram scale for like 20 bucks, free shipping. Just get one.

how do you estimate it? can you post some picks of what a 10mg dose should look like

I look closely at what the volume looks like on the fine, flat spoon I use for microdosing drugs, after gaining a feel for volume/weight ratios in that context by weighting a great many doses scooped that way on my mg scale.

And I don't think my pictures would be useful. Scale would be difficult to tell since you don't have a copy of my spoon, as would volume without depth perception, and a tiny misjudgment there would mean the world in the dose you end up getting.

#92 Mr. Pink

• 226 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:49 AM

It's all good. Took a lot of searching but found it. thought I'd post for other's benefit.

edit: had to look this up - canadian penny is .75" in diameter, same as US penny

Posted Image

Edited by Mr. Pink, 08 September 2012 - 02:53 AM.

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 Pureacetam

• 9 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:30 AM

It's all good. Took a lot of searching but found it. thought I'd post for other's benefit.

edit: had to look this up - canadian penny is .75" in diameter, same as US penny

Posted Image

Looks like I've been way under-dosing! Either way, this substance is amazing. I'm taking it with piracetam/choline, and am able to overcome repetitive thoughts I never thought I would be able to, which has been a great help for my depression/anxiety. Plus my playing has gotten to a whole new level. I can tell the "color" of each note and put them together so beautifully. BTW, it was purchased from Cerebral Health, has the "mushroom" smell and is definatly active. Gets two big thumbs up from me!

#94 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

Posted Image

I think it should be taken into consideration that if you use this diagram as a dosing reference (without a scale) make sure your Noopept is finely chopped or broken up into a very fine powder. If there are any clumps in your powder it's likely to be a much larger dose per volume.
  • like x 2

#95 Bugatti

• 11 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:01 AM

I just joined, so it looks like you guys cant see my links yet

#96 Nootr

• 180 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:25 PM

I have seen you link but i never odered from that guy on ebay, so I can't tell anything about the product he sells.

#97 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

Definitely thumbs down for now. I'l continue taking 80mg doses and see if anything changes.

#98 Nootr

• 180 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

20 mg in the morning + 10 in the afternoon give a good boost for me, especially when I am on anti-depressants

#99 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:30 AM

Definitely thumbs down for now. I'l continue taking 80mg doses and see if anything changes.

Isn't 80 mg a super-high dose? I take 10-20mg x3-x5 daily (60 mg per day max). Noopept has seemingly helped me kick more than one persistent habit. I stopped watching stupid TV shows, stopped spending too much time on IRC, and I don't drink as much anymore - only since I got on Noopept. Of course it's not possible to prove cause and effect with this, and I may easily go back to my old habits, but as of now it might be working. The only recommendation I have is - when you use Noopept, set an achievable mission for yourself.

#100 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

Isn't 80 mg a super-high dose? I take 10-20mg x3-x5 daily (60 mg per day max). Noopept has seemingly helped me kick more than one persistent habit. I stopped watching stupid TV shows, stopped spending too much time on IRC, and I don't drink as much anymore - only since I got on Noopept. Of course it's not possible to prove cause and effect with this, and I may easily go back to my old habits, but as of now it might be working. The only recommendation I have is - when you use Noopept, set an achievable mission for yourself.

It may be due to an illegitimate noopept source or there may be something wrong with me. I have at least ordered another batch from another company to find out.

#101 Winten

• 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

Initially I tried noopept for about a week (dozes 10-30mg), in the beginning I felt some kind of strange, slight head ache that follows me even after few days of not using noopept. Despite this feeling similar to head ache, I noticed that my short term memory starting to fail more often and stopped using noopept. After some time of I tried to use it again, I believed that maybe first time I bought some kind of bad quality noopept, I tried it for about a week (again same doses). I again got these head aches. One evening (preparing to sleep) after long day of studying, I was thinking of 5 problems in astronomy I did today, I was able to remember the last 4, but not the first one. I tried very hard to remember it, for about 10 minutes or so, the more I tried to remember the more tense I felt in my head, finally I felt that time just slowing down and I felt some kind of hyper fast, but still could not remember the first problem. Finally I decided to stop remembering and went to sleep. Next morning I remembered all 5 problems, but from that time it was clear to me that noopept has negative effect on me, especially on memory.

Edited by Winten, 27 October 2012 - 09:53 AM.

#102 FDA Approved

• 101 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:18 PM

Initially I tried noopept for about a week (dozes 10-30mg), in the beginning I felt some kind of strange, slight head ache that follows me even after few days of not using noopept. Despite this feeling similar to head ache, I noticed that my short term memory starting to fail more often and stopped using noopept. After some time of I tried to use it again, I believed that maybe first time I bought some kind of bad quality noopept, I tried it for about a week (again same doses). I again got these head aches. One evening (preparing to sleep) after long day of studying, I was thinking of 5 problems in astronomy I did today, I was able to remember the last 4, but not the first one. I tried very hard to remember it, for about 10 minutes or so, the more I tried to remember the more tense I felt in my head, finally I felt that time just slowing down and I felt some kind of hyper fast, but still could not remember the first problem. Finally I decided to stop remembering and went to sleep. Next morning I remembered all 5 problems, but from that time it was clear to me that noopept has negative effect on me, especially on memory.

This might not be the problem, but a standart suggestion would be to try to take some choline with the noopept for the headaches.

Edited by FDA Approved, 27 October 2012 - 03:20 PM.

#103 kagalive1985

• 104 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:13 AM

Thumbs up! Definitely useful when taken along side Racetams.

Dosage: 3x10mg daily. (Alongside Piracetam/Aniracetam/Oxiracetam stack regime).

Warm Wishes and Namaste,
- Kagalive

#104 cowcow7

• 20 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:08 AM

I just got my noopept today so I am anticipating great things! Will be taking choline at night as well, I'll keep you guys updated.

#105 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

My order from smartpowders is on it's way. I've tried the 4 main racetam's and most "mainstream" noots. Curious to give it a go.

#106 Darkat

• 25 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

Have just got hold of some Noopept, but not tried it yet.

#107 Spinlock

• 53 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:37 AM

Noopept is good before workouts.It's probably not 1000X stronger than Piracetam, maybe 300-500x. it's also doesn't make me as shaky as pramaracetam or piracetam.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#108 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

:|? thump down

Not thing to say more this noot not worth little benefit with too serious side effect .

Please come my home i will give you for free .

Edited by Nootropix, 16 December 2012 - 12:37 PM.

• dislike x 1

#109 sapaiderman

• 55 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:34 PM

:|? thump down

Not thing to say more this noot not worth little benefit with too serious side effect .

Please come my home i will give you for free .

Nootropix, what serious side effect have you experienced?

#110 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

http://www.longecity...pept-and-libio/

#111 moleface

• 159 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

http://www.longecity...pept-and-libio/

All the more reason for me to keep taking it. ;)

Noopept has been fantastic for me. It has the same sort of sensory enhancement effects as piracetam, only amped way up.

I've also found it to have very positive effects on motivation and mood. I've been feeling nervous and overwhelmed lately about starting my first year of college - but within a week of starting noopept, I quickly and efficiently finished all the school preparation that I'd been procrastinating on for months.

Thumbs up.

#112 bravegoldfish

• 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

A couple of weeks ago I ran out of Piracetam, which I had started taking 3 times per week about a month ago to very positive effect. Amazon stopped carrying it so I searched online and found this forum, and I read about Noopept which was hailed as 1000 times stronger than Piracetam. Several people recommended a supplier called New Star and so I ordered Noopept from New Star and have since dosed on 3 occasions, spaced two days apart. Each time I have upped my dose, from 15mg to 50mg, and today -- about an hour ago -- I took 200 mg.

I wish I could report positively and vote this drug up, but truth be told I can't feel anything.

After weighing the amount I am dosing, I put all of the powder at once under my tongue and leave it there for a couple of minutes. When the bitterness consumes my mouth to the point I want to gag, I swish it around and force myself to swallow it down. Afterward, I drink a glass of water or milk. Within a few minutes the bitter aftertaste goes away.

I read that for Noopept to work it has to bond with fat. So prior to or just after, I eat a small portion of something with fat. The last time I dosed I ate a scrambled egg immediately following my dose. Tonight, about an hour and a half ago, I ate a small bowl of homemade vegetable soup (which, don't laugh, contained peanut butter -- my wife is a vegan). Fat, check.

I am 5 ft 11", 190 lbs, and am not taking anything else apart from one or two cups of coffee per day.

It would appear to me that Noopept is severely over-hyped, though I am only one data point and cannot speak for others. I suppose it is possible that some people experience 1000x the effect that Piracetam has on them, but for me that multiplier has been 0x. I will probably take the remainder of the vial that I purchased all at once, for one last super-mega dose, and see what that does, but barring miracles there I will be returning to Piracetam.

As for my choice in vendor, I agree with the others here who rated New Star very highly. The shipment was very fast, the contents were perfect as far as I could tell, there was a thoughtful note inside. I have every reason to believe, based on what I have read on this forum about the effects of Noopept, that I received very high quality merchandise. Any failure is my own: my body-brain chemistry does not react to this one, so I feel.

#113 LORDDiESEL

• 23 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

20 mg in the morning + 10 in the afternoon give a good boost for me, especially when I am on anti-depressants

What anti depressants are you taking?

#114 Fabio Gomes

• 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

A couple of weeks ago I ran out of Piracetam, which I had started taking 3 times per week about a month ago to very positive effect. Amazon stopped carrying it so I searched online and found this forum, and I read about Noopept which was hailed as 1000 times stronger than Piracetam. Several people recommended a supplier called New Star and so I ordered Noopept from New Star and have since dosed on 3 occasions, spaced two days apart. Each time I have upped my dose, from 15mg to 50mg, and today -- about an hour ago -- I took 200 mg.

I wish I could report positively and vote this drug up, but truth be told I can't feel anything.

After weighing the amount I am dosing, I put all of the powder at once under my tongue and leave it there for a couple of minutes. When the bitterness consumes my mouth to the point I want to gag, I swish it around and force myself to swallow it down. Afterward, I drink a glass of water or milk. Within a few minutes the bitter aftertaste goes away.

I read that for Noopept to work it has to bond with fat. So prior to or just after, I eat a small portion of something with fat. The last time I dosed I ate a scrambled egg immediately following my dose. Tonight, about an hour and a half ago, I ate a small bowl of homemade vegetable soup (which, don't laugh, contained peanut butter -- my wife is a vegan). Fat, check.

I am 5 ft 11", 190 lbs, and am not taking anything else apart from one or two cups of coffee per day.

It would appear to me that Noopept is severely over-hyped, though I am only one data point and cannot speak for others. I suppose it is possible that some people experience 1000x the effect that Piracetam has on them, but for me that multiplier has been 0x. I will probably take the remainder of the vial that I purchased all at once, for one last super-mega dose, and see what that does, but barring miracles there I will be returning to Piracetam.

As for my choice in vendor, I agree with the others here who rated New Star very highly. The shipment was very fast, the contents were perfect as far as I could tell, there was a thoughtful note inside. I have every reason to believe, based on what I have read on this forum about the effects of Noopept, that I received very high quality merchandise. Any failure is my own: my body-brain chemistry does not react to this one, so I feel.

I have a bottle of Noopept tablets of 10mg each from CTD Labs, I have tried up to 30 mg increasing every day 10g, neither dose did anything to me... I have also tried Piracetam for around 4 weeks and I have noticed some benefits, guess I have the same problem as you...

Should I increase the dose? I think it will not do anything...

#115 sapaiderman

• 55 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

I finally got my Noopept from Superior Neutraceuticals today after waiting 3 weeks for it to be shipped to Asia.

I tried 10mg and felt nothing except for a few seconds of visual enhancement, a few minutes after taking it,
so about an hour later I took 30mg and after about 15 minutes I became very happy and I wanted to go out and interact with people,

I've read somewhere that it's supposed to smell like mould or mushrooms, mine doesn't smell of anything and it is a very fine powder, does this sound right to you guys?

#116 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

I did a trial of 25 days of noopept at 10mg twice a day.

Side effects:
At this dose I didn't not notice any negative side effects. No issues with libido, etc. I tried a 20mg and I got the irritibility I would get from Piracetam 1g (fairly mild but noticible). Note, that I do not take Piracetam because it causes bad irritbility.

Benefits:
I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. No super memory or improved concentration. I did not notice any anti-anxiety effects. I noticed very mild color enhancement (much like I would get from Piracetam). Not nearly as strong as Aniracetam for color enhancement.

Conclusion:
Disappointing considering all the hype. If it was cheaper I might cycle it for the BDNF and NGF long term benefits.

#117 Mr_G

• 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

I finally got my Noopept from Superior Neutraceuticals today after waiting 3 weeks for it to be shipped to Asia.

I tried 10mg and felt nothing except for a few seconds of visual enhancement, a few minutes after taking it,
so about an hour later I took 30mg and after about 15 minutes I became very happy and I wanted to go out and interact with people,

I've read somewhere that it's supposed to smell like mould or mushrooms, mine doesn't smell of anything and it is a very fine powder, does this sound right to you guys?

Yeah I have the same stuff from Superior...

I have tried taking a whole 40mg sublingually and felt absolutely nothing. It smells a little bit, almost like a bit of a sour smell but very faint.

#118 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

I couldn't agree more.

#119 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

The 1000x effect thing is potency, not power. You need one-thousandth the dose for roughly the same level of glutamate receptor modulation - that's it. No guarantees about a higher maximum effectiveness.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#120 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

The idea that noopept has 1000x the potency of piracetam is insane! I've tried taking 100mg +, and that's supposed to bee 100g + piracetam. I did not feel any effects whatsoever.

Edited by Megatrone, 05 January 2013 - 02:07 PM.

• dislike x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noopept, nootropic, nootropics, memory, cognitive, cognition, learning, smart drug, piracetam, racetam

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users