• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

NOOPEPT - THUMBS UP OR THUMBS DOWN?

noopept nootropic nootropics memory cognitive cognition learning smart drug piracetam racetam

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

Poll: NOOPEPT - THUMBS UP OR THUMBS DOWN? (386 member(s) have cast votes)

NOOPEPT - THUMBS UP OR THUMBS DOWN?

1. Voted THUMBS UP (291 votes [75.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.39%

2. THUMBS DOWN (95 votes [24.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

I have been using Piracetam for anxiety on and off for a few years now. I think its even better than SRRIs. How does Noopept compare to Piracetam in terms of relaxation/anxiety relief?

Blows it out the water in both regards.

#62 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

That is your subjective opinion. In the beginning I thought Noopept worked better for anxiety like the first few days but after that it made me a little paranoid. Piracetam in the long run takes the win for me but thats me. You just have to try it for yourself.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

It is indeed my subjective opinion... I assumed he was familiar with the concept of varying mileage, but in case not, thanks for clarifying.
  • like x 1

#64 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

That is your subjective opinion. In the beginning I thought Noopept worked better for anxiety like the first few days but after that it made me a little paranoid. Piracetam in the long run takes the win for me but thats me. You just have to try it for yourself.

+1 regards PIRACETAM yielding a better ANXIOLYTIC effect than NOOPEPT ;)

I should add that PIRACETAM's ANXIOLYTIC effect is dosage dependant and for me at least kicks in at a dosage of 4.8 grams BID (= 9.6 grams total daily); with 4.9 grams TID yielding an even stronger ANXIOLYTIC effect but at the expense of a lesser NOOTROPIC effect. There has been some studies published illustrating this dosage relationship with regards to PIRACETAM's ANXIOLYTIC and NOOTROPIC effects :)

#65 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:35 PM

How do you find ani in comparison for anxiety?

#66 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

Ani gives me anxiety but many say that it works as an anti-anxiety. Piracetam for me is hands down the best for anxiety even after 3-4 years of use. In the beginning it was amazing and I wish I could recapture that but even with long breaks. Noopept works bettter for anxiety than ani but interestingly both produce some mild paranoia effects. Ani would be something I would use if I wanted to clean the house. Even though the effects were very subtle I would feel pretty stimulated and sometimes a little shakey unlike piracetam which would be clean calm stimulation

Opaque yeah I guess I didn't need to say that but some people believe everything they read as if it was an objective fact and then end up ordering it and being disappointed.

#67 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

It seems that I am in the minority who experience no anxiolysis whatsoever from piracetam, although to be honest I don't really suffer from anxiety anyway so I guess it's hard to tell. However I do know that I experience a positive effect on mood from Noopept, hence my choice. I equate a mood-boost with anxiolysis but perhaps I am wrong to do so.

#68 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

Been on it for four days now. What I think I've experienced from it is vivid, easily remembered and relative pleasant dreams, and an increase in writing fluency.

Verbal fluency has been mixed. There have been improvements, but also moments where I was word-searching out loud almost on autopilot in ways that wouldn't come across well to an uncooperative listener. Might be an adjustment thing.

#69 Nootr

• 180 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

Guys, i recommend you to do the following test:
1) When you are in good mood and you are not under noopept effect start the software brain workshop and do several rounds for example 15 in automatic mode
2) When you are in good mood and under the effect of noopept do the same as in point 1)
3) The brain workshop graph will show you your progress/regress
4) Repeat points 1), 2) 3) several times to see the difference in your score beween "on noopept" and "not on noopept"
5) Finally figure out that noopept does not make your more smart
  • dislike x 1

#70 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:48 PM

Dual and back only measures one out of a great many legitimate mental variables. You can't disprove nootropic activity with just one, or indeed any number of tests, unless they are specifically designed to measure those abilities perceived as being improved by the substance in question.
  • like x 3

#71 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

Dual and back only measures one out of a great many legitimate mental variables. You can't disprove nootropic activity with just one, or indeed any number of tests, unless they are specifically designed to measure those abilities perceived as being improved by the substance in question.

Plus we'd want to consider its effect on mood as well, which to me is really important...
  • like x 2

#72 genghiz

• 6 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

THUMBS DOWN

Irritated my stomach in dosages of 10-30mg and flared up my skin condition. Also gave me brain fog. I guess not for me?

#73 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:44 AM

hey what skin condition do you have, cause I have Eczema.

#74 genghiz

• 6 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:37 PM

hey what skin condition do you have, cause I have Eczema.

the dermatologist said its seborrheic dermatitis, pretty similar to eczema

#75 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:54 PM

Thanks , what brand did u take, will take it carefully since ive got a skin condition too.

whats a good brand anyone getting good effects from cerebral health read a couple of non responders which bought from CH on reddit.

#76 genghiz

• 6 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

Thanks , what brand did u take, will take it carefully since ive got a skin condition too.

whats a good brand anyone getting good effects from cerebral health read a couple of non responders which bought from CH on reddit.

CH, sublingually

have yet to try ingesting it which I've recently read that it is the recommended administration method

#77 Debaser

• 108 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

I think I would have to give noopept a thumbs down for reasons I've posted elsewhere.

It wrecks my short-term memory. I don't remember that I've done something. I don't just mean forget and then remember, I mean genuinely no memory for it at all. It's very disconcerting; makes you feel like you're going mad when you go to put your contact lenses in and they're already in, or you go to wash something up and it's already been washed up and put away. Maybe we could call it "fairy helper" syndrome. I've heard other people have similar issues, locking their keys in the car etc.

It affected my work as well though. I would not remember having done something with a program I'm writing. I can't take something for nootropic effects if it does that.

I do find it a potent anxiolytic as well. I'm generally happy and calm on it, and experience other racetam kinds of effects like brigther colours and move vivid sounds. If it wasn't for the memory problems I think I would continue taking it and give it a thumbs up.

I should point out that my dosage wasn't exact because I didn't have precise enough scales, but I was only taking very small amounts, probably 5-15 mg.

#78 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:04 PM

I think I would have to give noopept a thumbs down for reasons I've posted elsewhere.

It wrecks my short-term memory. I don't remember that I've done something. I don't just mean forget and then remember, I mean genuinely no memory for it at all. It's very disconcerting; makes you feel like you're going mad when you go to put your contact lenses in and they're already in, or you go to wash something up and it's already been washed up and put away. Maybe we could call it "fairy helper" syndrome. I've heard other people have similar issues, locking their keys in the car etc.

It affected my work as well though. I would not remember having done something with a program I'm writing. I can't take something for nootropic effects if it does that.

I do find it a potent anxiolytic as well. I'm generally happy and calm on it, and experience other racetam kinds of effects like brigther colours and move vivid sounds. If it wasn't for the memory problems I think I would continue taking it and give it a thumbs up.

I should point out that my dosage wasn't exact because I didn't have precise enough scales, but I was only taking very small amounts, probably 5-15 mg.

Sounds a lot like the effects caused by over-dose. Really wish people wouldn't take this stuff without a scale. If noopept had a more evenly distributed mass it would be less of an issue. But considering that it clumps so easily and volumetric distribution is so unpredictable, this stuff requires an accurate scale to dose properly.

I suggest stopping use until you acquire a scale and then trying it again starting with 5mg at a time. Some people seem to be sensitive to it too, where 5mg or even less seems to be a more appropriate dose.
  • like x 1

#79 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:49 AM

Is it working for you Manic! Racetam ?

#80 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:40 AM

Sounds a lot like the effects caused by over-dose. Really wish people wouldn't take this stuff without a scale. If noopept had a more evenly distributed mass it would be less of an issue. But considering that it clumps so easily and volumetric distribution is so unpredictable, this stuff requires an accurate scale to dose properly.

I suggest stopping use until you acquire a scale and then trying it again starting with 5mg at a time. Some people seem to be sensitive to it too, where 5mg or even less seems to be a more appropriate dose.

Personally, I find that NOOPEPT has no NOOTROPIC effect whatsoever, and in fact induces strong ANTI-NOOTROPIC effects at a dosage of even as low as 0.5 mg (= 500 mcg); wherin I precisely measured said microdoses using my digital laboratory scales that are accurate to 0.0001g (= 0.1mg). Therefore, in my case I don't think "being sensitive", nor inaccurate dosage measurement, is applicable, in that I don't respond positively to it. Period. :sad:

However, I should point out that I am not representative of the normal healthy individual as I used to have LYME DISEASE, BABESIA and BARTONELLA wherein I may still have some residual ENCEPHALITIS; I did think that this might mean my wholly negative reaction to NOOPEPT (at even microdoses) was due to this, but since more an more individuals who do not share my medical history are reporting similar occurrences I am now not so sure... ;)

Edited by ScienceGuy, 15 August 2012 - 08:42 AM.

#81 Debaser

• 108 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

I have stopped. I might give it another try when I get some accurate scales. I may have been taking slightly too much, but I don't think we can just blame dosage. Short-term memory problems seems to be a common side-effect of noopept. If taking less of it means it happens less to the point of no longer being noticeable, then that's fine but I would still worry about the fact that it happens at all.

I ordered a gram and based on how much of it I have left, there's no way I took more than 30mg per day, so we're not talking about megadoses here.

ScienceGuy: off-topic, I actually got bitten by ticks that were attached to me for at least a day in a part of the world where Lyme disease is a problem, and I got the bullseye rash and some random symptoms that might have been related or might not have been. When I came back to Britain the first doctor I went to hadn't heard of it, and the second and third insisted it was impossible for me to have it and refused to give me the test for it, so I just assume that I'm fine now and it was all just coincidences.

Edited by Debaser, 15 August 2012 - 04:16 PM.

#82 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

ScienceGuy: off-topic, I actually got bitten by ticks that were attached to me for at least a day in a part of the world where Lyme disease is a problem, and I got the bullseye rash and some random symptoms that might have been related or might not have been. When I came back to Britain the first doctor I went to hadn't heard of it, and the second and third insisted it was impossible for me to have it and refused to give me the test for it, so I just assume that I'm fine now and it was all just coincidences.

That's not really off-topic since you seem to be implying that it is possible that your negative reaction to NOOPEPT may have been caused by LYME DISEASE. ;)

In short, if you suffered the bullseye rash you have contracted LYME DISEASE. The extent of your symptoms will depend upon how active and great is the current state of the pathogenic infection. You should also note that doctors telling you it is "impossible" for you to have it and refusing to give you the proper test for it (which is exclusively the IgG and IgM WESTERN BLOT, preferably conducted by IGENEX LABS in the USA, to whom you FEDEX your bloods from the UK (they mail you a kit)) is arguably malpractice; however, medicine in the UK is currently backwards with regards to medical training regarding the proper diagnosis and treatment of TICK BORNE DISEASES. The only aspect that is 'impossible' is in fact to only contract LYME DISEASE from a tick bite, in that in all cases a cocktail of pathogens is transmitted, which typically also includes BABESIA and/or BARTONELLA, as well as others. If you want further advice PM me and I will be glad to help. :)
  • like x 2

#83 NMDAstronaut

• 41 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:06 AM

I should add that PIRACETAM's ANXIOLYTIC effect is dosage dependant and for me at least kicks in at a dosage of 4.8 grams BID (= 9.6 grams total daily); with 4.9 grams TID yielding an even stronger ANXIOLYTIC effect but at the expense of a lesser NOOTROPIC effect. There has been some studies published illustrating this dosage relationship with regards to PIRACETAM's ANXIOLYTIC and NOOTROPIC effects :)

Science guy,

Is the piracetam anxiolytic effect consistent for you at this dose? What ratio of choline if any do you use? do you supp with Ca? Mg? God forbid... MSG? (I admit I do very... very sparingly). I also find NAC helps potentiate pira for me.

Thanks

Edited by NMDAstronaut, 16 August 2012 - 06:32 AM.

#84 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:51 AM

Science guy,

Is the piracetam anxiolytic effect consistent for you at this dose? What ratio of choline if any do you use? do you supp with Ca? Mg? God forbid... MSG? (I admit I do very... very sparingly). I also find NAC helps potentiate pira for me.

Thanks

RE: "Is the piracetam anxiolytic effect consistent for you at this dose?" - YES :)

See the following study that shows that there is an inverse correlation between PIRACETAM's NOOTROPIC and ANXIOLYTIC effects, in that as the dose is increased above 4.8g BID the ANXIOLYTIC effect increases but the NOOTROPIC effect decreases; and hence one can adjust dosage according to what effect is desired, i.e. if you are specifically seeking the ANXIOLYTIC effect as opposed to the NOOTROPIC effect you should increase your dosage accordingly:

[The nootropic and anxiolytic properties of different doses of piracetam].

[Article in Russian]

Voronina TA, Molodavkin GM, Borlikova GG, Ostrovskaia RU, Tushmalova NA, Naznamov GG

Laboratory of Psychopharmacology, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow, Russia.

The effect of piracetam at various doses on the behavioral and electrophysiological characteristics was studied, including the development of passive and active avoidance conditional reflexes in rats, their behavior in conflict situations, and the transcallosal evoked response (TER) in rabbit brain. In the dose range from 50 to 300 mg/kg, piracetam improved the avoidance performance of both types and produced a dose-dependent increase in the TER amplitude, but did not affect the behavior of rats in conflict situations. As the drug dose was increased to 400-1000 mg/kg, the positive learning influence disappeared (sometimes the effect was even negative) and the TER increase changed to decrease. In contrast, the conflict situation tests revealed pronounced anxiolytic activity of piracetam at elevated doses. Thus,
the nootropic and anxiolytic effects of piracetam (and, probably, of the other tranquilizers as well) do not coexist and are significantly shifted relative to one another on the dose scale, being probably realized via different mechanisms.

RE: "What ratio of choline if any do you use?" - I do not employ a ratio, since I do not agree with that philosophy. I recommend that one should deduce what is the minimum dosage of CHOLINE that prevents the manifestation of CHOLINE DEFICIENCY SYMPTOMS and take that specific dosage of CHOLINE.

The respective dosage of CHOLINE will not in fact increase proportionately as the dosage of PIRACETAM is increased and hence the 'ratio' philosophy is a fallacy.

RE: "do you supp with Ca? Mg? God forbid... MSG? (I admit I do very... very sparingly)." - NO, YES and NO. I do not supplement with CALCIUM since my diet contains ample quantities; I do supplement with MAGNESIUM, however the reason I do so has nothing to do with PIRACETAM; and regarding MSG, I strongly advise that you immediately cease supplementing with MSG (please note that the so-called 'study' posted on this forum by an individual called Hyperspace21 was proven to be fake and said individual a fraud). ;)

RE: "I also find NAC helps potentiate pira for me." - Interesting; however, please kindly note that the NAC may not actually be potentiating the PIRACETAM, it may be exerting a mild NOOTROPIC effect in itself through increasing GLUTATHIONE which in turn assists to detoxify the body, and this itself would tend to enhance mental clarity :)
  • like x 2

#85 NMDAstronaut

• 41 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:56 AM

Science guy,

Thanks

RE: "Is the piracetam anxiolytic effect consistent for you at this dose?" - YES :)

See the following study that shows that there is an inverse correlation between PIRACETAM's NOOTROPIC and ANXIOLYTIC effects, in that as the dose is increased above 4.8g BID the ANXIOLYTIC effect increases but the NOOTROPIC effect decreases; and hence one can adjust dosage according to what effect is desired, i.e. if you are specifically seeking the ANXIOLYTIC effect as opposed to the NOOTROPIC effect you should increase your dosage accordingly:

[The nootropic and anxiolytic properties of different doses of piracetam].

[Article in Russian]

Voronina TA, Molodavkin GM, Borlikova GG, Ostrovskaia RU, Tushmalova NA, Naznamov GG

Laboratory of Psychopharmacology, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow, Russia.

The effect of piracetam at various doses on the behavioral and electrophysiological characteristics was studied, including the development of passive and active avoidance conditional reflexes in rats, their behavior in conflict situations, and the transcallosal evoked response (TER) in rabbit brain. In the dose range from 50 to 300 mg/kg, piracetam improved the avoidance performance of both types and produced a dose-dependent increase in the TER amplitude, but did not affect the behavior of rats in conflict situations. As the drug dose was increased to 400-1000 mg/kg, the positive learning influence disappeared (sometimes the effect was even negative) and the TER increase changed to decrease. In contrast, the conflict situation tests revealed pronounced anxiolytic activity of piracetam at elevated doses. Thus,
the nootropic and anxiolytic effects of piracetam (and, probably, of the other tranquilizers as well) do not coexist and are significantly shifted relative to one another on the dose scale, being probably realized via different mechanisms.

RE: "What ratio of choline if any do you use?" - I do not employ a ratio, since I do not agree with that philosophy. I recommend that one should deduce what is the minimum dosage of CHOLINE that prevents the manifestation of CHOLINE DEFICIENCY SYMPTOMS and take that specific dosage of CHOLINE.

The respective dosage of CHOLINE will not in fact increase proportionately as the dosage of PIRACETAM is increased and hence the 'ratio' philosophy is a fallacy.

RE: "do you supp with Ca? Mg? God forbid... MSG? (I admit I do very... very sparingly)." - NO, YES and NO. I do not supplement with CALCIUM since my diet contains ample quantities; I do supplement with MAGNESIUM, however the reason I do so has nothing to do with PIRACETAM; and regarding MSG, I strongly advise that you immediately cease supplementing with MSG (please note that the so-called 'study' posted on this forum by an individual called Hyperspace21 was proven to be fake and said individual a fraud). ;)

RE: "I also find NAC helps potentiate pira for me." - Interesting; however, please kindly note that the NAC may not actually be potentiating the PIRACETAM, it may be exerting a mild NOOTROPIC effect in itself through increasing GLUTATHIONE which in turn assists to detoxify the body, and this itself would tend to enhance mental clarity :)

Thank you for your reply ScienceGuy.

Do you take this dose daily or stagger/cycle dosing?

NAC has been shown , in addition to increasing glutathione levels, to independently act as an allosteric modulator of NMDA receptor site.

Thanks again for the input.

Edited by NMDAstronaut, 17 August 2012 - 12:58 AM.

#86 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:53 AM

Thank you for your reply ScienceGuy.

Do you take this dose daily or stagger/cycle dosing?

OK, we are waaaayy off topic now, so after I answer this please can get back to the topic of this thread? If you have any more questions not related to this thread please feel free to PM me ;)

In short, I take PIRACETAM at 5 grams BID most days of the week; wherein some days I take a lower dosage of 800mg, however, this is solely because of the medicine I have to take for treating my LYME, BABESIA and BARTONELLA causes nausea after several days in a row of taking the PIRACETAM at that dosage (due to stomach upset). I find when I am off the meds I can and do take the PIRACETAM at that dosage every day wherein said stomach upset and nausea does not in any regard occur, and its effects, for me at least, are consistent. :)

NAC has been shown , in addition to increasing glutathione levels, to independently act as an allosteric modulator of NMDA receptor site.

Excellent point ;)

I should add that individuals considering taking N-ACETYL-L-CYSTEINE (NAC) need to be aware that PER ORAL administration is not without risk of some SIDE EFFECTS, wherein individuals may experience no side effects whatsoever, but others may experience some, which tend to be dosage dependent and include: HEADACHE; NAUSEA; FATIGUE; DECREASED BLOOD PRESSURE, and hence HYPOTENSION ; as well as GASTROINTESTINAL DISTURBANCES, such as STOMACH UPSET, DIARRHOEA, CONSTIPATION.

Thanks again for the input.

Happy to help :)

Edited by ScienceGuy, 17 August 2012 - 09:03 AM.

#87 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

Moderate agreement. I can estmate doses of noopept by eye with roughly a 5mg error margin, but that's only after dosing with a miligram scale for a while to get a feel for it. I wouldn't bet on what my guesses were before gaining experience with the scale.

Dealextreme.com sells a perfectly functional milligram scale for like 20 bucks, free shipping. Just get one.

Edited by Raza, 18 August 2012 - 11:44 AM.

#88 Mr. Pink

• 226 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

Moderate agreement. I can estmate doses of noopept by eye with roughly a 5mg error margin, but that's only after dosing with a miligram scale for a while to get a feel for it. I wouldn't bet on what my guesses were before gaining experience with the scale.

Dealextreme.com sells a perfectly functional milligram scale for like 20 bucks, free shipping. Just get one.

how do you estimate it? can you post some picks of what a 10mg dose should look like

#89 Nootr

• 180 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:41 PM

I cracked one secret about noopept. It consists in the thing that noopept helps to to the work that you don't like. I could not concentrate on work during last days. I have been taking anxyolitics like phenibut, l-theanine, bacopa moneira extract, centrophenoxine. Centrophenoxine was useless in small doses but gave headache in large doses. Bacopa, l-theanine and phenibut did not help to concentrate at all. I just felt relaxed but my work was progressing very slowly - no concentration. I went to the drug store and bought noopept and took 20 mg and what a wonder - my concentration increased almost at once. Coffee had not been helping me already. But noopept helped. I also took 10 mg more 2 hours later and effect continued till the rest of the day. As for methylene blue i have been taking it for several days but it has not helped me to become awaken and no influence on capacity to work. It only increased mood.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#90 Nootr

• 180 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:50 PM

<p>So, if even noopept does not increase IQ, it helps to concentrate on the work that you don&#39;t like. But if you do something that you like then noopept should better be avoided as people claim here it spoils memorizing. Probably forskolin stack may help with this. So caffeine does not work - after several weeks of using it tolerance becomes too strong and it causes only heart beat.<br />
<br />
By the way, has anyone found the way to increase noopept nootropic effect? Are there any synergies, at least theoretically?</p>

Edited by Dan Brown, 07 September 2012 - 09:50 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noopept, nootropic, nootropics, memory, cognitive, cognition, learning, smart drug, piracetam, racetam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users