• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

Do nootropics help further transcendence?

nootropics beauty life living longecity piracetam

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Philosopher

• 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

What are your thoughts?

#2 hooter

• 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:28 PM

Psilocybin at the correct dosage has been shown to cause spiritual experiences which cause permanent positive alterations of personality traits. Taoist immortals have long used these neurotrophic fungi to personally experience the Tao. There also exists significant evidence that most if not all religions can be traced back to the use of entheogens and their interpretation. See "The Entheogen Theory of Religion and Ego Death".

It's quite wrongly assumed that the ban on 'intoxicants' by religious doctrine includes entheogens. That is irrational and self-contradictory. Nor do these substances fit the description of an 'intoxicant' or 'deliriant. The usual phrasing is "do not partake in substances that dull your senses", which is exactly the opposite of what psilocybin does.

The ego is what stops us from appropriating new data. It's what stops old people from even trying to learn about computers. It makes people get 'stuck in their ways' and not accept evidence. Psilocybin provides a fast and effective way to undo the detrimental effects of the ego. It allows one to realize that what they know might be wrong and accept it. (Something fundamentally unthought of in normal psychology)

Arguably low doses are very nootropic, however there is a certain amount of confusion and a lack of focus. A combination of psilocybin and one or two grams of piracetam allows the experience to be better understood, remembered and integrated.

It allows one to personally witness the fractal underlying geometry of nature, the sheer magnitude of the universe and the naivety and ignorance of man. It shows you what you could never dream could exist. You see yourself from the eyes of a third party, historically described as a divine spirit. All internal experience: memories, thoughts, ideas are rendered with the same detail and quality of realism as reality itself. The mind becomes as real as the corporeal world. The synaesthetic qualities allow senses to merge in order to create a deeper understanding of language. It is a wake-up call for the ghost in the shell.

There is evidence that some entheogenic concoctions increase neurogenesis. The main effect of interest is the direct amplification of sentience. It can be described as a distancing from animal behaviour towards a higher plane of mental consciousness. In this state one can understand the vastness of the cosmos and the depth of the human brain, not due to comprehension but because of direct experience. Imagine seeing all of the universe simultaneously.

Thusly the combination of psilocybin and piracetam can be described as a sentience stimulant. One becomes aware of things that the brain has forcefully filtered. Since our thoughts are subtractive and we have to ignore 95% of what is around us to function, this allows one to experience a far larger range of both internal and incoming input.

It allows one to pattern-break from learned behaviour, from indoctrination and cultural influence. To become more an autonomous mind than an ape dependent on environmental factors. Internalized preconceptions from childhood can be entirely dissolved. The psyche is 'rebooted' so to speak. Deconstructed and then reconstructed with a sober adult mind. It is effective in breaking ritualized behaviour and emotional compulsions and allows one to resist memetic influence.

It is as close to the experience of existing as pure conscious energy as I can possibly imagine. The creative effects are incredible and thought-streams become non-linear and even parallel. In this experience time stops having meaning and there is only knowledge and perturbations of matter.

The correct use is however absolutely necessary. Taking them just for 'fun' is a terrible and possibly dangerous idea. One must be mentally prepared and not have eaten anything during the day. They are to be taken in silence and darkness with the explicit purpose of meditation. Meditation by itself already provides great cognitive benefits and improves problem solving.

The combination of piracetam and psilocybin can be seen as a tool for the augmentation of meditative states. The piracetam adds focus and it becomes easier to interpret and internalize the experiences. A secular spiritual guide of sorts that can lead you to avenues that would be utterly impossible to reach by any other means.

One can take 0.5-1g of Psilocybe Cubensis with 1-2g of Piracetam + fish oil. Anything more and you risk exploring avenues of your mind and reality that might terrify you. Doses of 2-4 grams can completely dissolve any amount of 'humanness' you possess for the duration of the effects and make you feel like an alien who just descended to earth for the first time. This is an extremely valuable perspective that esteemed quantum physicist Richard Feynman first brought my attention to.

So yes I believe that this combination can significantly further 'transcendence'. I would define it as a way to shed the animalistic control of our irrational brains and allow a more rational and analytical process to take precedence. What is right becomes important, what is personally true becomes irrelevant.

In conclusion I would classify it as a philosophical nootropic. And from my own experience, a meta-analysis of medical research and the observation of individual other cases I can definitely say that I firmly believe that this combination when used correctly can further transcendence.

Edited by hooter, 14 January 2012 - 03:40 PM.

• like x 9

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Ampa-omega

• 335 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

if transcendence can be defined as self realizations or beneficial states of problem solving then yes i think so

Edited by Ampa-omega, 14 January 2012 - 03:38 PM.

#4 hooter

• 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

if transcendence can be defined as self realizations or beneficial states of problem solving then yes i think so

I would say it is going 'beyond the human thought process'. In transcendence thoughts become non-local and uninfluenced by prejudice, upbringing and cognitive bias. I would define it as a non-human knowledge seeking perspective with analysis unencumbered by cultural norms.
  • like x 1

#5 absent minded

• 99 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:06 PM

Are you guys trying to say that we want to jump start ourselves to the next evolutionary stage through the use of nootropics? Nootropics acting as dietary supplements, what the species eat does affect their future evolution does it not?

Edited by absent minded, 14 January 2012 - 04:06 PM.

#6 Neurotik

• 85 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:29 PM

Psilocybin at the correct dosage has been shown to cause spiritual experiences which cause permanent positive alterations of personality traits. Taoist immortals have long used these neurotrophic fungi to personally experience the Tao. There also exists significant evidence that most if not all religions can be traced back to the use of entheogens and their interpretation. See "The Entheogen Theory of Religion and Ego Death".

It's quite wrongly assumed that the ban on 'intoxicants' by religious doctrine includes entheogens. That is irrational and self-contradictory. Nor do these substances fit the description of an 'intoxicant' or 'deliriant. The usual phrasing is "do not partake in substances that dull your senses", which is exactly the opposite of what psilocybin does.

The ego is what stops us from appropriating new data. It's what stops old people from even trying to learn about computers. It makes people get 'stuck in their ways' and not accept evidence. Psilocybin provides a fast and effective way to undo the detrimental effects of the ego. It allows one to realize that what they know might be wrong and accept it. (Something fundamentally unthought of in normal psychology)

Arguably low doses are very nootropic, however there is a certain amount of confusion and a lack of focus. A combination of psilocybin and one or two grams of piracetam allows the experience to be better understood, remembered and integrated.

It allows one to personally witness the fractal underlying geometry of nature, the sheer magnitude of the universe and the naivety and ignorance of man. It shows you what you could never dream could exist. You see yourself from the eyes of a third party, historically described as a divine spirit. All internal experience: memories, thoughts, ideas are rendered with the same detail and quality of realism as reality itself. The mind becomes as real as the corporeal world. The synaesthetic qualities allow senses to merge in order to create a deeper understanding of language. It is a wake-up call for the ghost in the shell.

There is evidence that some entheogenic concoctions increase neurogenesis. The main effect of interest is the direct amplification of sentience. It can be described as a distancing from animal behaviour towards a higher plane of mental consciousness. In this state one can understand the vastness of the cosmos and the depth of the human brain, not due to comprehension but because of direct experience. Imagine seeing all of the universe simultaneously.

Thusly the combination of psilocybin and piracetam can be described as a sentience stimulant. One becomes aware of things that the brain has forcefully filtered. Since our thoughts are subtractive and we have to ignore 95% of what is around us to function, this allows one to experience a far larger range of both internal and incoming input.

It allows one to pattern-break from learned behaviour, from indoctrination and cultural influence. To become more an autonomous mind than an ape dependent on environmental factors. Internalized preconceptions from childhood can be entirely dissolved. The psyche is 'rebooted' so to speak. Deconstructed and then reconstructed with a sober adult mind. It is effective in breaking ritualized behaviour and emotional compulsions and allows one to resist memetic influence.

It is as close to the experience of existing as pure conscious energy as I can possibly imagine. The creative effects are incredible and thought-streams become non-linear and even parallel. In this experience time stops having meaning and there is only knowledge and perturbations of matter.

The correct use is however absolutely necessary. Taking them just for 'fun' is a terrible and possibly dangerous idea. One must be mentally prepared and not have eaten anything during the day. They are to be taken in silence and darkness with the explicit purpose of meditation. Meditation by itself already provides great cognitive benefits and improves problem solving.

The combination of piracetam and psilocybin can be seen as a tool for the augmentation of meditative states. The piracetam adds focus and it becomes easier to interpret and internalize the experiences. A secular spiritual guide of sorts that can lead you to avenues that would be utterly impossible to reach by any other means.

One can take 0.5-1g of Psilocybe Cubensis with 1-2g of Piracetam + fish oil. Anything more and you risk exploring avenues of your mind and reality that might terrify you. Doses of 2-4 grams can completely dissolve any amount of 'humanness' you possess for the duration of the effects and make you feel like an alien who just descended to earth for the first time. This is an extremely valuable perspective that esteemed quantum physicist Richard Feynman first brought my attention to.

So yes I believe that this combination can significantly further 'transcendence'. I would define it as a way to shed the animalistic control of our irrational brains and allow a more rational and analytical process to take precedence. What is right becomes important, what is personally true becomes irrelevant.

In conclusion I would classify it as a philosophical nootropic. And from my own experience, a meta-analysis of medical research and the observation of individual other cases I can definitely say that I firmly believe that this combination when used correctly can further transcendence.

So I take it you've tried this. ;)

#7 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:21 PM

If you are an addict don't be fooled by the thought that you can do psychedelics, but just need to stay away from all the other hard drugs, because it will most likely lead you to the other drugs. THis is for addicts only. Its happend to me. I wanted to force a spiritual experience through psychelics but it just led me to all the other drugs. I then found out about the hundreds of research chemicals and ended up becoming obsessed with them trying them all out. This whole phase just led me back to drinking and doing coke, then back to the bottom fairly quick. Not sure how many recovering addicts there are on this board but i just figured I'd chime in there in case someone gets the crazy idea like me. Maybe I can spare someone some sufferering.
  • like x 3

#8 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

Oh and as far as nootropics go I do believe they can assist meditation and focus but one needs to watch out for attachment and addiction to them although they don't cause problems that hard drugs do. Piracetam def has helped me stay focused and raise my conciousness Through 12 step programs, reading, exercise, and meditation.

#9 hooter

• 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:06 PM

Psilocybin is impossible to get addicted to, I'm absolutely serious. Taking it on a regular basis would be less comfortable than living in Auschwitz. It has an extremely quick tolerance buildup so taking it on a daily basis would be impossible regardless. Addiction is the last thing you need to worry about. It's not a drug, it's a tool. Once again psilocybin is not a drug, it's a tool for transcendence. I will say this and I will say it a billion times: it's not a toy. It's life changing, ego shattering and really put you in your place.

Striving towards enlightenment is not a cakewalk.

It should be obvious that transcendence requires great self-control and a strong psyche. You need to be aware of the limits and capabilities of your mind. You need to fully understand the principles of Tao or a different concrete set of metaphorical values to remain stable. This is where taoism has a practical application.

You need to be king of your mental castle and fully comprehend the metaphysical concepts of cosmological humility, simplicity and harmony. You must not only know but fathom that there is no good or evil. You must absolutely know your limits and be at ease with your past and yourself. We all think we are and do, but the mushroom teacher will prove you wrong. Being fundamentally disconnected from everything familiar and human embodied in timeless infinity is not a very easy feeling to deal with. It is even harder to put this to proper use.

Transcendence is to be attempted for those who can handle it. I'm not recommending anyone to try this unless they really know what they're doing and have a strong grounding in Taoist principles, philosophy of the ego and meditation. Taoism is not to be seen as magical. It does not require the suspension of natural order. It's not hocus pocus! You can glean from it even as a devout secularist and skeptic, which is the approach I take.

If you do not see how this could be useful or think it's all a bunch of eastern mumbo jumbo, you should steer clear of entheogens.

Edited by hooter, 14 January 2012 - 09:26 PM.

• like x 1

#10 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:12 PM

If you read my post you will see that I didn't say you will get addicted to shrooms. I said if you are an addict, psychedelics can open up the gates to other drugs. I'm talking about someone who quit using hard drugs. It can lead you back to them. I know they arn't addicting in themselves.

#11 hooter

• 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

If you read my post you will see that I didn't say you will get addicted to shrooms. I said if you are an addict, psychedelics can open up the gates to other drugs. I'm talking about someone who quit using hard drugs. It can lead you back to them. I know they arn't addicting in themselves.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to imply that you said that. I hope I caused you no offense. I was just trying to prevent people possibly interpreting your post that way and wanted to make sure that it's out there.

I understand that an addict will be led to where he started or worse by psychedelics and I fully agree with your sentiment. I sincerely hope this resolves our misunderstanding.

Edited by hooter, 14 January 2012 - 10:19 PM.

#12 hippocampus

• 736 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:21 PM

I can confirm that piracetam + shrooms = mind blown :) (and maybe a little kava or benzodiazepine to not get bad trip if you're prone to that)
  • like x 1

#13 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:35 PM

No thats bullshit! I can't believe you did that. So messed up! ha Just kidding. Its all good. I just thought you misread my post which happens and was clarifying.

Another note I think it is interesting that most people that have Mind blowing Spiritual Experiences from Psychs end up quitting them and everything else.

Also I beleive people may have some realizations on trips but I don't think someone could actually realize the Self by the admistration of a mushroom. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think most true yogi's gave up all drugs long before they reached enlightenment. Once again I could be wrong about this. It is just what I Intuit and may be truth to me but not to you.

#14 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 11:42 PM

This is a quote from a long term psychedelic user or used for spiritual purposes. Makes sense to me.

"It's also extremely important to note that psychedelics are not THE key to enlightenment. As was said above, enlightenment comes from within. A psychedelic has the ability to throw you out of your comfort zone and usual patterns of thinking and perceiving, which can cause you to have an insightful experience. But it's up to you to take that experience and turn it into something you can apply to your life. The drugs alone will not do this, but unfortunately many people think that they can. it takes work without drugs to maintain such a state."

#15 hooter

• 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:28 AM

This is a quote from a long term psychedelic user or used for spiritual purposes. Makes sense to me.

"It's also extremely important to note that psychedelics are not THE key to enlightenment. As was said above, enlightenment comes from within. A psychedelic has the ability to throw you out of your comfort zone and usual patterns of thinking and perceiving, which can cause you to have an insightful experience. But it's up to you to take that experience and turn it into something you can apply to your life. The drugs alone will not do this, but unfortunately many people think that they can. it takes work without drugs to maintain such a state."

Yes. Piracetam helps you focus in the experience and gain more from it. It makes it easier to harness these capabilities.
HOWEVER it all depends on the person. You have to know what you are doing or it'll just be a strange experience that will confuse you. It has to be combined with heavy meditation and sensory deprivation. One has to go into it with a clean conscience and no preconceptions. Entheogens (psychedelics) are purely the tools to use in order to achieve this. Even shamen from thousands of years ago understood that the plant alone does not lead to enlightenment. You need ritual, a focused mind and a full and developed metaphysical framework.

If you don't know how to use the tool, they will be utterly useless. Without preparation the mushroom teacher will do its best to frighten you out of your wits.

Edited by hooter, 15 January 2012 - 01:35 AM.

• like x 1

#16 Philosopher

• Topic Starter
  • 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:43 AM

Hooter, you are a beautiful writer and judging by your thoughts, a beautiful person as well. However, if all of what you are describing is your true definition of transcendence, and therefore the maximum of a trip, then I have already reached transcendence.

Maybe I am looking for that euphoria that accompanies that transcendence of knowing the absurdity of the universe, humans, life, and beauty. I feel myself slowly diminishing in transcendence again, and so a trip may help bring me back to the reality and the beauty of my situation.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

#17 hooter

• 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:45 PM

Thank you!

I would say it's a common psychedelic era misconceptions that the maximum of a trip is transcendence. Don't be fooled into thinking that. It's not. Enlightenment requires extraordinary efforts in meditation and repeated ritual use of psilocybin (+ optionally piracetam).

In fact going over 1-2 grams of mushrooms already muddles the experience and induces temporary semi-transcendence. This becomes obvious when one returns from the experience having not learned much. Less is more. 0.5-1g is absolutely enough when combined with piracetam. The correct dosage is important. The trip should not be too overwhelming or too visual.

Monks who have taken psilocybin have said that 'you get to a certain level of transcendence but you are stuck there'. It's a ladder that takes you half-way to enlightenment. The rest is obviously up to you.

Transcendence requires first and foremost meditation and absolute control of ones own mind. A firm grasp on shamanic knowledge is required to make progress. Just taking it is like a child watching a complex psychological thriller film. You see all the colors and hear the voices. It's entertaining but nothing in it really makes sense. Entheogens always open a new door. Though keep in mind that if you lack the means or the training to understand what's behind it, it will always only take you half-way.

It is best to look at the Taoist meditative practice and how to reach enlightenment without entheogens and then appropriate this knowledge with weekly or monthly psilocybin+piracetam rituals. We use superior tools in every single field compared to our ancestors, why not here?

You still need to follow the difficult and arduous path of a monk, all the substances do is make it far easier to accomplish. It's still extremely difficult. You might think you've reached the top plateau, but there isn't one! You can always go further.

Let me quote Hunter S Thompson:
"We are all wired into a survival trip now. No more of the speed that fueled that 60's. That was the fatal flaw in Tim Leary's trip. He crashed around America selling "consciousness expansion" without ever giving a thought to the grim meat-hook realities that were lying in wait for all the people who took him seriously... All those pathetically eager acid freaks who thought they could buy Peace and Understanding for three bucks a hit. But their loss and failure is ours too. What Leary took down with him was the central illusion of a whole life-style that he helped create... a generation of permanent cripples, failed seekers, who never understood the essential old-mystic fallacy of the Acid Culture: the desperate assumption that somebody... or at least some force - is tending the light at the end of the tunnel."

The drugs alone don't take you anywhere whatsoever, they just make your spiritual journey a great deal easier. But just eating a mushroom and waiting is not going to enlighten you any more than snorting cocaine off an iphone.

Edited by hooter, 15 January 2012 - 01:46 PM.

#18 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:07 PM

Hooter are you familiar with David Hawkins work? I'm sure you'd be interested. He developed a Map of the scale of conciousness between 1-1000 200 being integrous 500 being love 600 and on is the various stages of enlightenment. He truly is a master. Just gave his last lecture after 10-20 years of doing it.

#19 Raptor87

• Validating/Suspended
  • 989 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:24 PM

(Something fundamentally unthought of in normal psychology)

Im not gonna debate against you, I just want to mention that transcendens has been evaluated in psychology.

http://en.wikipedia..../Stanislav_Grof

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/0062506595

To the OP, I dont know if nootropics would enhance transcendence because hallucinogens lowers our brainactivity, this in turn stops our filters from working which alters our perspective.

#20 hooter

• 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

Stanislaf Grof isn't exactly mainstream. I've read his work and he mentions some things that are not reconcilable with science and evidence. He claims to be able to access past lives and witness one's own birth. Sorry, but I am a skeptic at heart. I thought he had a point until I read his position on this. Also note that I've additionally read lots of his work in both Czech and English. I can't help but wonder what would Carl Sagan think?

I think the neurocirculatory and brain boosting activity of piracetam allows psilocybin to unfold its true potential, since as you said hallucinogens reduce brain activity. When you even this out, the result is astonishing. There are no more muddled colors or melting walls, but a world of geometric fractal and multi-dimensional mathematical glory.

Higher states of consciousness in monks are associated with synchronized EEG gamma activity and increased production of NGF. If anyone has more information about this I'd be very pleased to read through it.

I have not heard of David R. Hawkins and I shall familiarize myself with his work, thank you for the recommendation. It seems however that he holds Mother Theresa and Eckart Tolle in high esteem. Mother Theresa was an evil witch with a personal agenda and no regard for the lives of others. Eckart Tolle seems like a skilled manipulator and con artist to drain the wallets of celebrities, whether he believes his own work or not.

I truly hope my pursuit of verifiable truth doesn't offend anyone.

Edited by hooter, 15 January 2012 - 06:39 PM.

#21 LeonardElijah

• 78 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

I drank Diame (a DMT/harmaline mixture) with a 60 yo former computer programmer who had a Ph.D. but left the industry. He is going back for a Master's in psychology. He says his thesis is on producing a "Map of Consciousness."

It's a common pursuit when you've had some types of transcendental experiences.

I'm not going to weigh in on the psilocybin question, but I know exactly why you're talking about it. Speaking abstractly there are things that are filtered out of conscious awareness and psilocybin seems to make the conscious mind aware of them. I don't think a psilocybin/nootorpic combination would be the ideal way to address the way your subconscious filters reality for your consciousness. Everyone wants to address "shadow" material.

The best way to create transcendence through nootropics would be to stimulate growth hormone in the brain. Say NGF or analogues (Acetyl L-Carnitine Arginate) along with BDNF promotion (beta-alanine is shown to increase BDNF) Then I would meditate and hope for accelerated brain plasticity.

Edited by LeonardElijah, 15 January 2012 - 06:40 PM.

#22 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

David Hawkins doesn't hold these people in high esteem. He is enlightened. He doesn't have an opinion. He just shares what is truth and has found a way to access truth. You may be a skeptic and I was at first but if you read his books starting with Power vs Force you can see the man is dedicated to the truth and is "The real Deal" when is comes to spirituality. I Know nothing about Mother Teresea but what you say is just your opinion and do you really have any proof of that. Do you know 100% that is true. Where you a witness to this? Did you see this? You can't base judgements by the internet and media. She was calibrated before her death as being an enlightened. Maybe she did have a dark side and possibly that is what triggered her to change. I honestly know nothing about her but I know that people can make judgements and really not know the truth.

If you shrug Hawkins work off as Fairy tale Bullshit then I would understand but people like wayne dyer look up to him. Deepak chorpas teachings have based from most of his work. It is even said (though can't be proven) that he is of the highest conciousness on earth at the moment. Of course he himself would never say that but he has been calibrated as being close to Avatar status which is where, Jesus Christ, Buddah and Krishna were at. Just remember that the non linear world can't be proved by science. Enlightenment can't be proved. Kiniesology can't be proved because some people arn't of high enough conciousness to use it. To a person dedicated to the truth and of high enough conciousness they have access to the truth through the use of kiniesolgoy. This can be explained through Quantum Mechanics. Every thought creates energy. A positive statement will make a muscle go strong, and a statement that is not true will make the muscle go weak. Check out the works though. Its the most interesting spiritual work I've come across in my whole life and I've read hundreds of books on spirituality and nothing has changed me more, and has had more of an impact on my life as much as Hawkins work. There were a few times that I started to think i'm not sure about this guy. But then noticing all the positive changes in me and a stronger desire to reach Salvation, then enlightenment confirmed that there must be alot of Power to this guys work.

I found things that I disagreed with in his work, but then had the realization that I just had a positionality about it and that doesn't mean it is truth. Seek the Truth, and live the Truth is the way I live now.

I've tried to get many people to get into his work and they just arn't ready. It is not for the Spiritually timid, and he is highly educated so his vocabulary is quite immense but after reading a few of his books you get used to his terminology. Let me know if you like it, seriously. If you don't let me know to.

#23 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:22 PM

That doesn't offend me but you really can accuse anyone that does good of being selfish and having ulterior motives. Anyone that sells book and does lectures has to charge money for it, it can't all be done for free. One thing I did hear though is that Eckartt tolle was close to enlightenment but his calibration dropped down, but not so low as being non integrous. It may of had to do with his work with celebrities and being distracted from the path. Of course I don't know the truth of that. I've never used kiniesology myself mainly due to not having any people that are advanced enough that would get accurate callibrations and I don't even know if I myself am high enough to get %100 accurate results. Ok i'll stop babbling now. I could go on forever about Hawkins work but if no one has read his books people probably won't understand what the heck i'm talking about. Make sure Power vs Force is read first just so you get a foundation of where he is coming from. I enjoyed all his other books more though I must say.

#24 zorba990

• 1,601 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

Stanislaf Grof isn't exactly mainstream. I've read his work and he mentions some things that are not reconcilable with science and evidence. He claims to be able to access past lives and witness one's own birth. Sorry, but I am a skeptic at heart. I thought he had a point until I read his position on this. Also note that I've additionally read lots of his work in both Czech and English. I can't help but wonder what would Carl Sagan think?

I think the neurocirculatory and brain boosting activity of piracetam allows psilocybin to unfold its true potential, since as you said hallucinogens reduce brain activity. When you even this out, the result is astonishing. There are no more muddled colors or melting walls, but a world of geometric fractal and multi-dimensional mathematical glory.

Higher states of consciousness in monks are associated with synchronized EEG gamma activity and increased production of NGF. If anyone has more information about this I'd be very pleased to read through it.

I have not heard of David R. Hawkins and I shall familiarize myself with his work, thank you for the recommendation. It seems however that he holds Mother Theresa and Eckart Tolle in high esteem. Mother Theresa was an evil witch with a personal agenda and no regard for the lives of others. Eckart Tolle seems like a skilled manipulator and con artist to drain the wallets of celebrities, whether he believes his own work or not.

I truly hope my pursuit of verifiable truth doesn't offend anyone.

I've done Grof's holotropic breathwork and found it a useful adjust to other emotional therapies.  Particularly when 'stuck' in a pattern or mode of thinking.  It's a fairly easy technique to learn, but like most emotional work it's best to have some kind of guide.  I think I will try augmenting the experience with piracetam next time and see how it goes..

Edited by zorba990, 15 January 2012 - 08:24 PM.

#25 hooter

• 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:07 PM

I've done Grof's holotropic breathwork and found it a useful adjust to other emotional therapies. Particularly when 'stuck' in a pattern or mode of thinking. It's a fairly easy technique to learn, but like most emotional work it's best to have some kind of guide. I think I will try augmenting the experience with piracetam next time and see how it goes..

I will fully agree that his technique of holotrophic breathwork is useful. In fact it is very effective. Just approach his other stuff with a healthy dose of rational skepticism.

#26 hooter

• 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:09 PM

David Hawkins doesn't hold these people in high esteem. He is enlightened. He doesn't have an opinion. He just shares what is truth and has found a way to access truth. You may be a skeptic and I was at first but if you read his books starting with Power vs Force you can see the man is dedicated to the truth and is "The real Deal" when is comes to spirituality. I Know nothing about Mother Teresea but what you say is just your opinion and do you really have any proof of that. Do you know 100% that is true. Where you a witness to this? Did you see this? You can't base judgements by the internet and media. She was calibrated before her death as being an enlightened. Maybe she did have a dark side and possibly that is what triggered her to change. I honestly know nothing about her but I know that people can make judgements and really not know the truth.

If you click her name in post you will notice that it is a link to an expertly researched book about the subject.

Edited by hooter, 15 January 2012 - 11:10 PM.

#27 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:05 AM

Where can I get some??

#28 hooter

• 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:00 AM

I drank Diame (a DMT/harmaline mixture) with a 60 yo former computer programmer who had a Ph.D. but left the industry. He is going back for a Master's in psychology. He says his thesis is on producing a "Map of Consciousness."

I'm not going to weigh in on the psilocybin question, but I know exactly why you're talking about it. Speaking abstractly there are things that are filtered out of conscious awareness and psilocybin seems to make the conscious mind aware of them. I don't think a psilocybin/nootorpic combination would be the ideal way to address the way your subconscious filters reality for your consciousness. Everyone wants to address "shadow" material.

The best way to create transcendence through nootropics would be to stimulate growth hormone in the brain. Say NGF or analogues (Acetyl L-Carnitine Arginate) along with BDNF promotion (beta-alanine is shown to increase BDNF) Then I would meditate and hope for accelerated brain plasticity.

You will be glad to hear that Diame is in fact neurotrophic and stimulates growth hormones. Acute harmine administration induces antidepressive-like effects and increases BDNF levels in the rat hippocampus. There's other studies, some in humans but I can't seem to find them that easily.

And actually you'll be glad to know that the NGF route is the one I am taking in terms of my personal stack.

Edited by hooter, 16 January 2012 - 01:03 AM.

#29 LeonardElijah

• 78 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:16 AM

You will be glad to hear that Diame is in fact neurotrophic and stimulates growth hormones. Acute harmine administration induces antidepressive-like effects and increases BDNF levels in the rat hippocampus. There's other studies, some in humans but I can't seem to find them that easily.

And actually you'll be glad to know that the NGF route is the one I am taking in terms of my personal stack.

Thanks.

I love how people who have done DMT-containing brews know for a fact that it has extremely positive effects and start doing Formal Studies on it talking about how it "makes seretonin receptors more sensitive" and increases "self-reported measures of social adjustment" in relation to individuals who do not consume DMT/harmine mixtures. The individuals drinking it say "Look. I took a trip. I saw things from a different perspective. I got over it. This is medicine. Meet the plant spirits." A Westerner legitimizing this type of self-therapy says "Look at the seretonin sensitivity on this person!"

Check out https://www.centerpointe.com/ for enhanced meditation. I couldn't be a more content customer.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:30 AM

I checked the link. I just don't buy it. There are people that call Hawkins a cult which he is far from. Some people will dedicate there lives to spreading false accusations. Who knows really I'm just not going to believe something because someone wrote a book about it. Who is to say that person isn't mentally ill. So much we don't know about things so I find it best to just stay neutral and have no judgements. Sorry If I sound defensive my main point is we don't know. This can be a sick world so it wouldn't surprise me if the author or Mother Teresa were mentally sick but she would of had a calibration under 200 if that were the case. But I suppose you have to have faith in that system as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropics, beauty, life, living, longecity, piracetam

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users