- - - - -

Natural Antidepressants

kanna epa dha fish oil lithium

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

Please list nay natural antidepressants you take and have had an effect on you. Which act synergistically, etc?

I've only taken Kanna out of the natural antidepressants; but, it's done wonders. I only realized how it helped me after I ran out of it without a resupply. I definitely felt something lacking, and felt really low for a couple of days with my brain trying to renormalize.
Now I got a new shipment and am planning on making a serious regimen. Some Fish oil, SJW, Folic Acid, and anything else that is relatively inexpensive but helps.

Edited by redan, 12 February 2012 - 04:45 PM.

#2 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

Perika - first couple of times it was really nice but it faded.
Kira - Lowered my anxiety, which led to less worries about things that would depress me
Fish oil - Took big doses. Not sure with fish oil, but i think it helped in the same way like kira but much less powerful.
Holy basil - none
Serofin - None
sc27 - none

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

I enjoyed taking Kanna as well but haven't taken it now for ages.

Curcumin is pretty good and certain brands are quite powerful (BCM-95). I take Jarrow because it seems to be the sweet spot and doesn't crush my libido like BCM does.

Exercise regularly to keep your dopamine receptors/reward centre sensitized, that's a pretty natural approach I suppose.

SAMe? Rhodiola? Icariin (HGW)? DHEA? Cacao nibs?

Will try and think of more...

#4 atomheartmother69

• 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:28 AM

A great natural stack that I have altered back and forth is the following combination that boosts all 3 neurotransmitters linked to depression.
1) rhodiola 500mg standardized to 3% rosavins and 1% salidrosides minimum. take 2 caps twice a day (maoi)
2) quercetin 1000mg twice a day (maoi)
3) n-acetyl-tyrosine 600mg twice a day on an empty stomach with pyridoxal-5-phosphate 50mg and 1000mg vitamin c and bioperine 10mg.
4) dopa bean (macuna pririens) 15% l-dopa 600mg at bedtime with 2000mg l-tryptophan
5) passionflower extract 5ml liquid at bedtime and in the morning (maoi)
I have added in Sam E time to time but I don't know if its worth the price. Please share any experience you have had. Peace Thomas

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#5 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

L-Dopa is nasty stuff... And definitely not to be used at bed time. If you want to boost Dopamine, potentially L-Tyrosine but it may also lead to receptor down regulation

I would go with
* Bacopa at night
* Rhodiola in the morning, maybe also afternoon (although I am as of yet undecided on whether it builds tolerance)
* Fish oil (never noticed much alone from it but the science behind it is sound)
* Decent multi just to be sure
* Magnesium if anxiety is an issue

SJW did not do much for me the one time I tried (but that was at a point when it was serious clinical depression)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kanna, epa, dha, fish oil, lithium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users