RECOMMENDED Long Term Regimen

recommended piracetam long term

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 hooter

• 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:33 AM

I have great disdain for overcomplicated stacks that offer very temporary benefits. After a few years of reading and personal experience, I have created a simple stack for anyone interested in strong consistent results and conserving their cash. Here is a stack that will become stronger over the course of time.
  • 2 x 5 grams of piracetam with anywhere from 2 to 20g of fish oil
  • 1 x Vitamin B Complex
  • 1000 IE of liquid vitamin D

Low blood serum levels of Vitamin D are very common and can lead to impairments in cognitive ability. Once this is resolved, we can move on to the nootropics. The core of this regimen is piracetam. Based on Isochroma's research on piracetam potentiation, I have added fish oil and Vitamin B complex. These will combine with piracetam to increase its effects. If possible try to additionally meditate for 30 minutes every day, as this has been shown to increase NGF levels.

I hope you benefit as much from this as I did.

Edited by hooter, 15 February 2012 - 09:57 AM.

• like x 2

#2 Now

• 162 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:47 AM

I'm not an expert, but why do suggest 200mg vitamin B6? Is it safe to take 200mg/day long term? The UL is 100mg/day.

+1 For the meditation by the way. It is like waking up in the morning after a 30-minutes meditation.

Edited by Now, 15 February 2012 - 09:58 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 hooter

• Topic Starter
  • 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:57 AM

I'm not an expert, but why do you take 200mg vitamin B6? Isn't that too much? the UL is 100mg/day.

I've been told it doesn't absorb fully. I also have a deficiency because of ADHD and depression. I changed it so people can decide their own necessary levels of B supplementation, this should be based on blood tests is possible.

Edited by hooter, 15 February 2012 - 09:58 AM.

#4 hippocampus

• 736 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:04 AM

are these high dosages of fish oil safe?

#5 hooter

• Topic Starter
  • 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

are these high dosages of fish oil safe?

Unless you have bleeding disorders, yes.

I'm certain that 5-10g of fish oil a day will not be harmful, as some diets are this high in content.

#6 cat@

• 48 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:09 AM

• 1 x Vitamin B Complex

Thank you. Although playing with the different Nootropics has been an interesting experiment, I'm now interested in a simpler stack. What brands of fish oil, Vitamin B and D do you use? Also, what's a good range of fish oil for those who don't have ADHD or depression?

#7 hooter

• Topic Starter
  • 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

• 1 x Vitamin B Complex

Thank you. Although playing with the different Nootropics has been an interesting experiment, I'm now interested in a simpler stack. What brands of fish oil, Vitamin B and D do you use? Also, what's a good range of fish oil for those who don't have ADHD or depression?

2-4g of fish oil for someone without ADHD.

I use the LEF brand of fish oil. I use local brands for vitamin B and vitamin D, so it won't be reasonable to mention it.

#8 cat@

• 48 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:17 AM

I use the LEF brand of fish oil. I use local brands for vitamin B and vitamin D, so it won't be reasonable to mention it.

Thanks. I haven't seen LEF out here but the 2-4g is useful as is.

#9 Hope47

• 110 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:59 AM

So you don't choline source.

#10 kassem23

• 414 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

So you don't choline source.

No need for it. The headaches should pass.

#11 khemix

• 190 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:31 AM

How does piracetam benefit you specifically? Are you in school or at work?

I found piracetam made learning harder and it felt as though there was cement in my head. 2 weeks and this effect didn't subside. It was after my piracetam dose (~4hr) that learning was possible, I could literally feel my brain begin to breath once piracetam went away. The only really cool effect was improved focus... I mean it was better than adderall. But it, like stimulants, also screwed with my memory. I'm thinking this is anticholinergic activity but even high doses of choline didn't help.

#12 sequalae

• 9 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:43 AM

I found piracetam made learning harder and it felt as though there was cement in my head. 2 weeks and this effect didn't subside. It was after my piracetam dose (~4hr) that learning was possible, I could literally feel my brain begin to breath once piracetam went away. The only really cool effect was improved focus... I mean it was better than adderall. But it, like stimulants, also screwed with my memory. I'm thinking this is anticholinergic activity but even high doses of choline didn't help.

Shows how brain chemistry varies. My response was that when I took piracetam I became completely lethargic to the point of falling asleep in the middle of the day. I continued use for several weeks and slowly my response changed to a more focused and relaxed being. This seemed pretty unrelated to choline usage because I tried every permutation with the two. Now I have the problem of habituation....

#13 hooter

• Topic Starter
  • 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

I finished school early because I absolutely cannot stand academia. Now I just work. My work is usually writing/editing/translating text. Piracetam makes it a lot more streamlined and intuitive to do. It also improves my musical abilities, which is more of a hobby enhancement though.

I take 300mg/kg daily. I find this works best.

Edited by hooter, 11 March 2012 - 10:27 AM.

#14 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

1000IU D3 is likely too low but without proper blood tests its hard to say. I use 3000IU and get to 45ng/ml (or whatever the denominator is) which is about right.
  • like x 1

#15 hippocampus

• 736 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

as you say: it's hard to say - it may be enough for him, it may be not. he needs blood test.

this may help for estimating the right dosage without having blood test: http://nadir.nilu.no...z_quartMED.html
(but I assume it is not very accurate ...)

#16 the_newsoul

• 40 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

• 1 x Vitamin B Complex

And for someone with ADHD taking MPH? ;)

@nupi, how's your hair BTW? It seems that D3 could be benefitial for hair ass well for balding people.

#17 hippocampus

• 736 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

source, please (about baldness - vit. D link). :)

#18 the_newsoul

• 40 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

google d3 + hairloss

http://www.alopeciai...h-confirms-link

#19 IHavePotential

• 18 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:49 AM

I have great disdain for overcomplicated stacks that offer very temporary benefits. After a few years of reading and personal experience, I have created a simple stack for anyone interested in strong consistent results and conserving their cash. Here is a stack that will become stronger over the course of time.

• 1 x Vitamin B Complex

Low blood serum levels of Vitamin D are very common and can lead to impairments in cognitive ability. Once this is resolved, we can move on to the nootropics. The core of this regimen is piracetam. Based on Isochroma's research on piracetam potentiation, I have added fish oil and Vitamin B complex. These will combine with piracetam to increase its effects. If possible try to additionally meditate for 30 minutes every day, as this has been shown to increase NGF levels.

Hi Hooter,

I've read a few of your posts, and I really like what you have to say. I have ordered 100g of piracetam to experiment with, and I will be following this "stack". Thanks for the help!

#20 hooter

• Topic Starter
  • 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

• 1 x Vitamin B Complex

Hi Hooter,

I've read a few of your posts, and I really like what you have to say. I have ordered 100g of piracetam to experiment with, and I will be following this "stack". Thanks for the help!

Wonderful! I would also recommend cacao nibs if you have a health food store there somewhere. They are extremely cheap and have the highest antioxidant content of anything.

#21 lourdaud

• 516 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

I don't think taking lots of fish oil is a good advice as it might impair cognition and make you lethargic..

#22 hooter

• Topic Starter
  • 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

Stick to 2-5g then.

#23 lourdaud

• 516 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

How about you not suggesting taking up to 20 g of fish-oil in the first place? I think there are few people who would benefit from such high amounts.

#24 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

@nupi, how's your hair BTW? It seems that D3 could be benefitial for hair ass well for balding people.

Rather full (but slowly receding hairline) for a guy in his late twenties, also no greying at all (but even my father in his mid sixties has mostly brown rather than grey hair so maybe its genetic)

Edited by nupi, 07 April 2012 - 03:19 PM.

#25 IHavePotential

• 18 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

Wonderful! I would also recommend cacao nibs if you have a health food store there somewhere. They are extremely cheap and have the highest antioxidant content of anything.

In order to get longer use out of my measly 100g of piracetam, I am thinking of only doing ~4.8g per day (2.4g twice daily) at first; will this be enough to notice anything? Thanks!

Edited by IHavePotential, 07 April 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#26 hooter

• Topic Starter
  • 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:00 PM

I heard that 10g is the lowest for proper results, but you're welcome to try. :)

#27 hooter

• Topic Starter
  • 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

How about you not suggesting taking up to 20 g of fish-oil in the first place? I think there are few people who would benefit from such high amounts.

I can't edit that post anymore, how 'bout you eat my salami stick? Besides, the Japanese regularly ingest that much and they have the highest life expectancy in the world. Problem?

Edited by hooter, 07 April 2012 - 06:19 PM.

#28 IHavePotential

• 18 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

I heard that 10g is the lowest for proper results, but you're welcome to try. :)

Sounds good. I'll try the 2.4g twice a day first to see if anything noticeable happens. After I have finished my first 100g, I'll up the dosage to 4.8g twice daily and see what happens.

#29 lourdaud

• 516 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

I can't edit that post anymore, how 'bout you eat my salami stick? Besides, the Japanese regularly ingest that much and they have the highest life expectancy in the world. Problem?

Oh please, STFU. You're full of crap and I haven't seen you give one good advice since you started posting.
And the japanese do not regularly ingest that much fish-oil, you won't get anywhere near those amounts just by eating fish.
Your "RECOMMENDED" long term regimen, omg, lol. GTFO, idiot.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#30 hooter

• Topic Starter
  • 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

Oh please, STFU. You're full of crap and I haven't seen you give one good advice since you started posting.
And the japanese do not regularly ingest that much fish-oil, you won't get anywhere near those amounts just by eating fish.
Your "RECOMMENDED" long term regimen, omg, lol. GTFO, idiot.

You take dexedrine with SSRIs on a longevity forum and you mix them with racetams, seemingly completely unaware of the excitotoxicity this may cause. It seems it's making you a bit irritable, no?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: recommended, piracetam, long term

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users