notifications

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Michael

• Advisor, Moderator
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

Heya,

I've always wanted to be able to get an alert when particularly thoughtful/intelligent/expert users post, rather than coming across their posts by happenstance in my irregular visits, and I've never been able to figure out how do do this. I've searched both the Forums and the Help pages for such a setting, as well (obviously) as digging thru' my CP, and have had no luck. Does such a feature exist? If so, could someone guide me thru'? If not, could it be created or enabled?

#2 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

It's definitely not there, and there might not even be a mod to support that feature on IP.Board yet.

#3 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

I use the "follow this topic" function you can see at the upper right, but unfortunately it does not seem to be working recently. One is supposed to get instant notification of new posts, or a daily summary - which is the option I choose.

#4 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:15 AM

The problem with 'follow this topic' is that it would (or should) notify you if anyone posts to the thread. I think what Michael is looking for is the ability to "follow" someone, possibly limited to particular fora. I guess that would have to go in the IPB wish-list.

#5 Michael

• Topic Starter
  • Advisor, Moderator
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

'follow this topic' is that would (or should) notify you if anyone posts to the thread. I think what Michael is looking for is the ability to "follow" someone, possibly limited to particular fora.

Not even in a particular forum: there are several people that I'd just like to see when they post, anywhere -- and there's no way to do that (I take it) without subscribing to each and every topic in each and every forum on the off chance that they post something there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: notifications

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users