- - - - -

Cycling Supplements to retain maximum effect

cycling nootropic coffee adaptation tolerance

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 #1hit

• 153 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:45 AM

I have recently taken interest in the way that the body compensates for challenges to its equilibrium. In the field of nootropics, there are many such as examples, such as downregulation. It is apparent in many nootropics, such as gaba agonist that eventually reduce the gaba receptors, dopamine receptor decreases in people taking high doses of amphetamines, tolerance to coffee, the list goes on. Often the solution to counteract adaptation is by cycling supplements, from every couple weeks to every couple months.

To me, it seems like tolerance would already begin to settle in even in a couple weeks of many substances. For me, coffee only takes a couple days of use to become my new baseline, in spite of adequate sleep, diet, and other factors.

Could cycling supplements much more rigourously possibly make every use "feel like the first time". With some testosterone boosters, its advised to only take them once every seven days. Could a similar protocol with things like coffee (too tired to think of more examples) possibly yield benefit? This question is directed towards supplements that are affected by the body's adaptation and don't include long-term use supplements like fish oil, ginkgo biloba, and so on.

#2 Now

• 162 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 10:32 AM

Good question!

Tolerance is the main reason why I don't try more nootropics. I have tried Rhodiola in the past and it gave me more motivation, concentration and energy. I overestimated myself and started some new things and met new people. After about a month the effects faded away and I just could not maintain all those things I had started.

I hope someone has more experience and/or information about tolerance and cycling. Does anyone use some sort of 'cycling-protocol' to avoid tolerance?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 Hologram

• 61 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:33 AM

I'm not all that concerned about those 'novel experiences' as nice as they are, I'd rather see consistent results or even adapt to the noots as long as they are still giving the same effects. Homeostasis is an interesting conundrum, however this doesn't seem to me like the best idea taking a new one every single day but I hope someone can point you in the right direction.

And btw Now, there is one routine that has been floating around these forums, taking weekends off as well as taking two weeks off every two months. It's a bit of a shot in the dark but it seems like it might work.

Edited by Cerberus, 30 March 2012 - 12:39 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cycling, nootropic, coffee, adaptation, tolerance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users