Moclobemide

moclobemide aurorix manerix

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 xz123

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:40 PM

I had taken Moclobemide for a few months, but unfortunately it "pooped out" a few weeks ago, so I gradually discontinued it.

When it did work, it worked great, with only few side effects. My diagnoses are ADHD-PI, Dysthymia and recurrent depressive episodes - Moclobemide was mainly prescribed for dysthymia and depression, with the added hope that it might help with the ADHD, too. It virtually eliminated the recurrent depression and greatly improved my dysthymia but didn't do anything for the ADHD.

It didn't have any effect on sleep and had no discernible stimulating properties for me. I took 600mg.

The only side effect I had was that I did have issues with (very) tyramine rich foods, mainly fermented sausages and liver - I had some very unpleasant panic attackish evenings with it.

#32 Tom_

• 1,120 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

I suffered what I thought was a poop out. I found that continuing with the drug eventually resulted in return to similar effect, I was on Tranylcypromine.

I'd also point out that any panic attacky symptoms you experienced were not caused by Tryamine - Tryamine causes an increase of blood pressure. The first symptom is almost always an agonising headache. The only time I experienced such a headache (on an irreversable MAOI) was when I overdosed on 370mg of Tranyclypromine, 4000mg of Modafinil and other things, before I obviously went into shock. So the panic you felt was almost certainly psychosomatic.

Edited by Tom_, 24 December 2013 - 03:58 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#33 xz123

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:06 PM

That's interesting, since all the panic attack like symptoms correlated with ingestion of tyramine rich things - but it might have been coincidence, of course.

Maybe the increase in blood pressure and heart rate was what then made me panic, so psychosomatic it might have been - I felt bad (even though I can't remember the specifics), checked my BP and HR because I thought that might be what caused it and both were raised a bit, and maybe that's what actually caused me to panic and spiral into very unpleasant territory.

What you did sounds very unpleasant indeed - good thing it didn't kill you.

#34 magniloquentc0unt

• 299 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

Seems like moclobemide comes with a side order of insomnia. That can't be good. :(

Pretty much all stimulating AD's come with a side effect of insomnia. Though in the case of moclobemide it's kind of worth it ( you just have to accept that you'll need to add something for the insomnia), it was probably the best AD i've tried, a decade ago .

I wonder though how that squares with the recent studies claiming that normalization of sleep hugely increases the effectiveness of deression treatments.

well a bit of insomnia would certainly pull me toward "normal" :D

#35 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

I tried moclobemide again, this time by itself (besides my 75 mg pregabalin and 10 mg epivanserin at night, which it doesnt appear to interact with) . I'm taking 75 mg (half of a 150 mg pill) and I take it in the morning.. So far didn't notice any negative effects except that it worsened my insomnia. (my insomnia's been kept under tabs pretty well recently and it was from the moclobemide for sure). I went through a serious downwave of depression before starting this moclobemide and have felt somewhat of a recovery before popping the first pill. So far I feel better but I'll chalk it up to coincidence if I don't see an improvement that goes beyond the regular cycle of my illness. Also I will not be able to tolerate the insomnia effect, but I'm hoping since I've started at a low dose that I'll become more tolerant to the drug in that regard.

#36 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:18 AM

just to add another anecdote i found moclobemide ineffective. I also had problems sleeping, swelling in my thyroid gland and a strange reddish tint to my vision .maoi's seem to effect blood flow to my head and while on other maoi's as well i've noticed panic symptoms due to increased blood flow (face/neck/ears) after tyramine ingestion. This is barely worth mentioning but i'm interested if it's just me, i felt really animalistic and couldn't get enough rare red meat. Maybe it was just the red tint to my vision playing tricks on me i dunno

#37 Phoenicis

• 339 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:59 PM

couldn't this have an interaction with weak MAO B inhibitors like Rhodiola Rosea

#38 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:43 PM

anyone else have experiences? I might try it (moclobemide)... I never have luck with antidepressants though, it seems more life changing than my other option.... my other option is guanfacine for attention (although I give it a low probability of success though and likely low impact on my overall wellbeing if it does somehow treat my ADD)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#39 Al Capacino

• 120 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:56 AM

Waste of money for me. It has its positives but it's just too weak an anti depressant in my opinion.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: moclobemide, aurorix, manerix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users