- - - - -

DMAA Longterm side effects

dmaa longterm side effect

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sentiro

• 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:48 PM

Currently, I'm taking 25-50MG DMAA a day, are there actually any long term studies done on DMAA? If not, is it advisable to actually cycle it?(6 weeks or so?)

I don't have any problems with blood pressure etc.

#2 LazarusMan

• 55 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

After about taking DMAA 4-5 times I stopped. It would begin producing high levels of anxiety hours after taking it, although I'm already anxious to begin with. I would take a good look at the structural similarity to amphetamine and see if you're okay with that.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

Kidney lesions are a possibility with DMAA's effect on blood pressure.

#4 whoknows

• 30 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:25 AM

a friend of mine took DMAA for some days and he said that he felt really sick. like he got the flue. well. i also dont like DMAA makes kind a sick feeling. fells like to much noradrenalin stimulation. and it definitely works also on serotonin. leaves a not so nice feeling behind.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#5 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:41 AM

I don't recommend taking more than 20mg of DMAA at a time, and the effects last for about 4 hours. If you don't get the effects you want at this dose, then I wouldn't recommend taking it.

I tend to run on the low side of NE. When I trialed DMAA, I noticed for the first couple days, it would cause a tad bit of euphoria (presumably from releasing serotonin), then these effects would go away. In the following days, I would consistently get NE release without the euphoria. I would take one in the morning, and then one around 2 in the afternoon. I think this is why I did not build a tolerance to the NE releasing properties, because it's half-life is so short.

The main problem with DMAA is that most people are taking too much of it, and for the wrong reason. It's not a safe product in the way that it is usually used. I used it for increasing concentration and as a decongestant.

It will cause your heart rate to increase. That's what adrenaline does. I really don't recommend it for exercise, weight loss, or for anyone prone to anxiety, heart problems or has any kind of disease.

Edited by zrbarnes, 13 July 2012 - 01:47 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dmaa, longterm side, effect

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users