* * * - - 7 votes

Ashwagandha - a miracle herb

ashwagandha panic attack anxiety

• Please log in to reply
816 replies to this topic

#151 withdrawn

• 34 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:08 AM

One point I would like to mention.. The positive effects I had from Ashwagandha were only ever obtained from using the whole herb powders (either encapsulated or brought in bulk powder form).

I had used specific standardized extracts in the past, and I never had the same positive effects. Not once. Regardless of the manufacturer brands I had used.

I personally think there are key compounds that have yet to be analysed that also play a beneficial role in providing ashwagandha's therapeutic benefits.

#152 bob12

• 5 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:40 AM

I've been taking this for about 2 weeks now, and get a headache in the evening. I take 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. At first, I felt a very uplifted mood, everything was better and enjoyable. I think I was experiencing a placebo effect, because now I feel nothing when I take it. What really bothered me was I had a horrible migraine yesterday and today in the afternoon. Could this be my body starting to reject ashwagandha? I've also been taking SAM-e 400 for a month now and don't feel much difference except a lighter wallet.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#153 machete234

• 459 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

@bob thats the withdrawal, AWG leaves your body in the evening or at night when you take it in the afternoon.

#154 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:09 AM

I have also experienced headaches quite a few times from taking ashwagandha, especially with large doses. I have seem other people mention this as well. Are you sure it is withdrawal, Machete? I just kind of figured mine were from dehydration or something..awg always seems to make me thirstier.

#155 Galaxyshock

• 1,470 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:48 AM

Headache could be caused by the acetylcholinesterase inhibition that Ashwagandha does. Magnesium can help with that. Ashwa also has diuretic qualities so make sure you get enough water and don't combine too much other diuretics, especially in warm weathers.

#156 alan.r

• 35 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

@bob thats the withdrawal, AWG leaves your body in the evening or at night when you take it in the afternoon.

I haven't read the whole thread here, and I've never tried Ashwagandha, but withdrawal? I try to avoid anything that creates physical dependencies, as these tend also to damage health in the long-term, or so my assumption has been.

Briefly on that - I stopped smoking at 40, stopped drinking at 42, quit using any form of caffeine at 47. Each move brought an improvement in physical and mental health, once past the withdrawal issues. Ashwagandha sounds good, and some of its reputed influences would probably be good for me, but I hesitate to enter into any kind of dependency.

#157 machete234

• 459 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

I cant prove it but these headaches go away when I take another dose and they seem to be tension head aches, something that a short acting benzo can give me.
My theory is that it is so short acting with what it does at the GABA receptors that some people go through small withdrawals

What helps is exercising the shoulders and the muscles in the neck, when they are tired it gets better.
Drinking doesnt help

Maybe I should try magnesium with the AWG

Edited by machete234, 08 June 2013 - 08:11 PM.

#158 Nemecky

• 9 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

hey all...

I actually discovered Ashwagandha on a forum for PE, and that was the primary reason I am thinking of taking it. I have ordered Phenibut, but have not received it yet. My concern with Ashwagandha is that I don't have any of the anxiety/panic symptoms most people mention on this thread, so I'm wondering what effect it would have on me. I'm already quite a chill person, so not sure I need to be even more chill.

I do have ADD, and I am trying to find something to treat that as well. My main problems are severe distraction problems, lack of organization, concentration issues, etc. Would Ashwagandha help with this?? If not, is there something else recommendable? I have tried the following products and they didn't effect me at all (see my posts on another thread)

Neurostim https://store.mindnu...ulas/neurostim/
Sulbutiamine http://www.mindnutri...lbutiamine.html

An ADHD thread here has people reporting Magnesium helps with ADHD, and this is also mentioned in the PE forums I follow. I wonder if this is worth a shot.

Thanks for all of the advice and useful tips people provide here!

Cheers,
Andy

#159 chris106

• 292 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:54 AM

Hey Nemecky!

Welcome to Longecity! Funny thing, that's actually the second time I hear about Ashwagandha as a possible treatment of PE (which I sadly suffer from as well)
Might I ask if you had any success with it in that regard?

I myself had success in controlling that issue with some special medication, but I want to get away from that, if I can (quite the heavy stuff, but you can PM me if you want to know what exactly I took)

I wouldn't count on Ashwagandha to help you with ADHD too much though, especially if you are allready the more calm and mellow type... ( I suffer from ADD-PI, which is interesting, because there often seems to be a direct link between ADHD(-PI) and PE. Which makes sense, because in both cases stimuli can't be handeled well by the brain)

Also, from my experience, Magnesium does help a bit, but nowhere near as much as MPH or Amphetamines for example (which I don't like and don't take anymore, btw.)
There are quite a few other compunds worth trying though! Would love to go into detail more, but I am way too tired right now. I'll elaborate as soon as I find the time!

Anyways - you do have found a great place with a lot of knowledgeable people here - so that's a good step!

PS: A good site to check as well is www.examine.com

They have a nice overview of the most commonly known nootropics, so for starters, that's definetely worth a look!

What helps is exercising the shoulders and the muscles in the neck, when they are tired it gets better.
Drinking doesnt help

I second that! My physio therapist just told me that yesterday. By training these muscles ( not to strengten them, but to actually tire them by many controlled repetitions), one can actually get a lot of relief! Especially in people with ADHD or ADD-PI this is a common problem!

#160 Nemecky

• 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

thanks for the reply! (don't want to hijack the thread, so mods feel free to bump!)

Well I haven't taken Ashwagandha yet, just discovered it about a week ago. I just received my Phenibut today, and will see how this goes. Not sure what the effects would be mixing the two? (Chris check your inbox for my PM)

I have actually been getting Reiki every two weeks, and had my 6th or 7th appointment today. I feel amazing when I leave, but have a hard time seeing how long the effects last. Those being unbelievably relaxed, clear head, thinking clearly. The sessions themselves are also very cool. My reiki practicioner asked me if I grind my teeth, because she said this can cause "disturbances" in the brain, and make the ADD worse. I do actually notice myself clenching my jaw a lot when I am trying to concentrate, so that sounds like a vicious circle if she is correct. I'm having problems concentrating, so unknowingly clench my jaw which in turns makes the problem worse :-/

so with the neck/shoulders thing, you're saying to exercise them until they are fatigued, and then this helps with the ADD?

I'll give examine.com a looksy. Thanks for the tip!

So, in summary the Ashwagandha won't help my ADD (but magnesium might), and we are not sure if it can actually help PE?

Thanks again!

#161 tham

• 1,406 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

Has anyone here tried KSM-66 ashwagandha extract?

http://www.ksm66ashw...hwagandhaa.html

Studies show it extends lifespan in worms.

http://www.nutraingr...-worms-at-least

Here's the study.

Withania somnifera root extract extends lifespan of Caenorhabditis elegans

http://annalsofneuro...ewFile/472/2202
  • like x 1

#162 nootrope

• 88 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

Thanks! It might have helped if they reported how much those other substances extended life in C. Elegans as well.

Hilariously, it appears that spell-check caused the authors to change the Latin name of ashwagandha, Withania somnifera, to Lithuania somnifera...

Has anyone here tried KSM-66 ashwagandha extract?

http://www.ksm66ashw...hwagandhaa.html

Studies show it extends lifespan in worms.

http://www.nutraingr...-worms-at-least

Here's the study.

Withania somnifera root extract extends lifespan of Caenorhabditis elegans

http://annalsofneuro...ewFile/472/2202

• like x 1

#163 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

What is the maximal dose we can take? I'm talking about 2.5% withanolides extract.
I took 900mg and felt nothing at all from it, should I raise my dose?

#164 Ziah

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

Hi Everyone :) I found this site while doing hours, days of research on Ashwagandha. I spent the last bit today reading every post here in this thread. I want to thank each of you who together have helped me "connect the dots" of a better understanding of this supplement as well as some of my issues.
I don't have near the vast knowledge most of you have and even had to go look up words/terms several times to grasp what you were saying ;)

I just started Ash today, so I will volunteer to be the new guinea pig :laugh: and will keep you all posted how it works with me.

Back ground & reasons for taking it as brief but as complete as possible.

51 yr old female. I have worked hard labor my whole life since the age of 15 I have owned a commercial cleaning biz.. I loved working hard long hours and never had a issue with it. fast forward - 8 yrs ago I trip & fell and it's been a domino effect on my body every since. I blew out both L disks, then the 2 S disks went and then I was in massive BIG time pain, but being the owner of the co (a very small one) I had to keep working, so out came the pain meds so I could keep a pay check. Never slowed down. Then I got RA, then bone spurs on my spine & hips. Then I ended up in a wheel chair for 6 months when both my knee caps imploded - both in 1 day! 2.5 yrs ago I had both my knees replaced on the same day. Right before that my husband faced a horrible crisis with his adult son (different marriage) and did not handle the stress well and got Dementia at the age of 44. The Drs say he would had gotten it any ways but the stress/shock of what he seen and all was like a bomb going off in his brain. The type of Dementia he has is PICKS disease, which bring a LOT of Mental Health (MH) issues with it. He has turned into a victim of his own choosing and does nothing more then take his meds and sees his team to care for himself. (it's a long story but trust me when I say I tried a 100000% to get him to fight this). So I am now taking classes to learn a new career as my spine only gets worse. I work full time, take care of him full time (having been self employed there is no help for me/us/him, again trust me I have turned all those rocks over & over!). I am in pain 24/7, have gained a lot of weight, diabetes, and recently was diagnosed with MS. I will soon be the sole financial supporter of us. He does still work in the biz - Thank GoD! His team feels it is good to keep him busy. But each & every day I have to fight to get him to go to work. I know soon "that" day is coming when I will be on my own 24/7. Hence the classes for the new career.

I AM TIRED! Go figure! :excl: I feel like I am walking through thick deep mud with every step a huge effort. And therefore my search that led me here.

I have tried an "endless" list of supplements that I will post a different time as I hear a nasty storm getting closer to me & I don't want to lose this post. Nothing has even touched my lack of energy issue.
I am a believer of keeping a positive attitude, have a good spirit etc etc but I admit I am losing ground pretty quick these days. If Ash helps me at all I will beyond THRILLED! :)

Again, my thanks for all these very helpful posts :)

Edited by Ziah, 29 June 2013 - 11:15 PM.

• like x 2

#165 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:28 PM

Hi Everyone :) I found this site while doing hours, days of research on Ashwagandha. I spent the last bit today reading every post here in this thread. I want to thank each of you who together have helped me "connect the dots" of a better understanding of this supplement as well as some of my issues.
I don't have near the vast knowledge most of you have and even had to go look up words/terms several times to grasp what you were saying ;)

I just started Ash today, so I will volunteer to be the new guinea pig :laugh: and will keep you all posted how it works with me.

51 yr old female. I have worked hard labor my whole life since the age of 15 I have owned a commercial cleaning biz.. I loved working hard long hours and never had a issue with it. fast forward - 8 yrs ago I trip & fell and it's been a domino effect on my body every since. I blew out both L disks, then the 2 S disks went and then I was in massive BIG time pain, but being the owner of the co (a very small one) I had to keep working, so out came the pain meds so I could keep a pay check. Never slowed down. Then I got RA, then bone spurs on my spine & hips. Then I ended up in a wheel chair for 6 months when both my knee caps imploded - both in 1 day! 2.5 yrs ago I had both my knees replaced on the same day. Right before that my husband faced a horrible crisis with his adult son (different marriage) and did not handle the stress well and got Dementia at the age of 44. The Drs say he would had gotten it any ways but the stress/shock of what he seen and all was like a bomb going off in his brain. The type of Dementia he has is PICKS disease, which bring a LOT of Mental Health (MH) issues with it. He has turned into a victim of his own choosing and does nothing more then take his meds and sees his team to care for himself. (it's a long story but trust me when I say I tried a 100000% to get him to fight this). So I am now taking classes to learn a new career as my spine only gets worse. I work full time, take care of him full time (having been self employed there is no help for me/us/him, again trust me I have turned all those rocks over & over!). I am in pain 24/7, have gained a lot of weight, diabetes, and recently was diagnosed with MS. I will soon be the sole financial supporter of us. He does still work in the biz - Thank GoD! His team feels it is good to keep him busy. But each & every day I have to fight to get him to go to work. I know soon "that" day is coming when I will be on my own 24/7. Hence the classes for the new career.

I AM TIRED! Go figure! :excl: I feel like I am walking through thick deep mud with every step a huge effort. And therefore my search that led me here.

I have tried an "endless" list of supplements that I will post a different time as I hear a nasty storm getting closer to me & I don't want to lose this post. Nothing has even touched my lack of energy issue.
I am a believer of keeping a positive attitude, have a good spirit etc etc but I admit I am losing ground pretty quick these days. If Ash helps me at all I will beyond THRILLED! :)

For the dementia of your husband I would suggest coconut oil or MCT oil, this will stop dementia from progressing and he will be able to retrieve some of his cognitive abilities, it has been touted as a partial cure for alzheimer's, make some research on it it's very enlightening.
I suggest you also research on the bulletproof diet! You too can take this.
For your MS I suggest you check your vitamin D and start supplementing if you're deficient, there's a strong link between the two.
Also check your omega6/omega3 ratio which must be very high, omega 6 is inflammatory and since MS is inflammatory it must be reduced.
It should be around 3:1.
I suggest the Cron-o-meter to check this.

#166 bkaz

• 85 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

Check this out, seems very relevant for you: http://www.guardian....drugs-mj-hyland

#167 LetMusicRule

• 36 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:06 AM

What Ash are you using and what dosage? Sensoril Ash (sold by Jarrow and others) is probably the best out there. Its standardized to 10% withanolides which is the highest potency out there and is teh only one that is clinically proven (no I have no financial interest in this !). I myself have used the NOW brand successfully and am switching to Jarrow. At 3 tabs a day I feel a significant positive effect. Rhodiola is also a great herb though I hear its not advised for long term use. American or Panax ginseng might also be of use. When using herbs however please look for HIGH QUALITY STANDARDIZED ones as whole root and whatnot have extremely varied levels of the active ingredients that give you the desired effect. Pharmacological levels of these active ingredients are usually only achieved by extremely high extraction methods making dry root powedered form almost useless at standard dosages.

There is one book I got that really enlightened me with regards to food, supplements and mental/overall health : the UltraMind diet. You also have to assume that all these years of inhaling detergent fumes from your dry cleaning business could not have served you good in the long run (with regards to your health of course) so look at it as a positive change for both of your health and prosperity. Once diseases like dementia, Parkinson's, AD set in there are no cures but there is hope. Proper nutrition and supplementation (along with exercise) can do wonders for your quality of life. While supplementing with Vitamin D is a no brainer with regards to MS (you can start at 5000 a day and go down from there to 2 or 3000 once your levels stabilize and use the softgels not powdered form), shifting the Omega3/Omega6 ratio in your body as well as upping your detox system through supplementation and diet is a long-term task. These things do NOT happen overnight.

You started Ash and its a great start. You can try Rhodiola too. Once you get back to feeling great DO NOT STOP THERE. Get a full blood workup. Check for our T3/T4, c-reactive protein, cortisol, etc... etc.. etc... The more extensive the better. Then you can start addressing the underlying issues that are running down your body.

Good luck and keep us posted!

#168 Ziah

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:51 AM

Please don't take this the wrong way but I am not seeking any advice, info etc for my husband. He has chosen to do nothing except take his meds & go to his appts. I fought him for over 3 yrs day in & day out to do different things that could help him - he refuses. I have disengaged from helping him in this regard. I felt I had to do this to help save my own sanity. We both can't drown here - ya know. :dry:

I have started to take the D and Omega family sups, but am too tired tonight to make any sense of sharing - will do so soon.

Article seems quite interesting - book marked it to read when I am not so tired.

I own a commercial cleaning biz not a dry cleaning biz - I clean drs offices and other businesses buildings. But I am sure the cleaning chemicals have not been kind to my body/mind.

I live in a very small town and there was only 1 choice of Ash to grab. Nature's way brand name - 500 mg - 2.5% Withanolides
I did the Rhodiola - can't remember right now what it was but it did not agree with me.

Sorry very very tired - will try to make more sense tomorrow. Thank you all!! :)

Edited by Ziah, 30 June 2013 - 03:53 AM.

#169 Luddist

• 102 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:59 AM

Good luck Ziah. Although it may be overwhelming at first, for more selection you can try buying online. Swanson is my retailer of choice these days for price and selection but Vitacost comes close and iHerb has higher prices but better selection usually. As for your husband I know you said you're done trying but you can sneak some coconut oil in with food if you make it.

Relevant post to the thread: I'm planning to buy ashwagandha in bulk powder form, can anyone recommend the best source for this? Right now I'm looking at Starwest Botanicals as they stock cat's claw powder that I'm going to buy.

#170 LetMusicRule

• 36 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:34 PM

2.5% is not a very potent form of Ashwagandha. Why don't you just buy it online? I use iherb.com most of the time. Shipping is quick and prices are reasonable. Buy the jarrow or NOW brands and tell us how you feel. For example I take the NOW brand which has 450mg at 4.5% withanolides 3 times a day (an attack dose). Its the high end of the usage for sure but its quite a lot more than what you are taking. Use the potent extracts online.

As for your husband I am not very familiar with dementia. However, anyone giving you advice here would first want to know what meds your husband is taking since quite a lot of things can interact with psychotropic medications. The coconut oil use is obviously a no brainer but i doubt it will cure anything! It will simply make your husband's brain more efficient. However, if your husband is consuming loads of sugar the effect will be virtually nil.

Keep us informed!

#171 Ziah

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

Ash - I got all that was available to me on hand at that moment - my thought being some is better then none. Plus I wanted to start out slowly and increase as my body adjusts. Today is day 2 with me only take 1 pill a day. Both days I have gotten a headache within 1 hr of taking. Not enough to slow me down or need to take anything for it. But I do wonder what a stronger dose will do. I am hoping my body adjusts as while the headache isn't a biggie I sure don't want it to increase.

I am also on day 2 of taking oil caps of D3 1000 IU. I have taken Calcium & mag combined for a long period of time - several yrs. I do have a decent multi but am slack in taking it regular. I am getting my Omegas through my chiro who is also a friend of mine. He doesn't sell supplements but if he & I are taking the same item we order it together to save on shipping costs. The name brand slips my mind right now.

*AGAIN* I am not nor will I will asking for any info for hub! I only explained his issues to help explain in part of the load of stress I am under. I am not going to explain this any further. It is way too involved and would serve no purpose.

Edited by Ziah, 30 June 2013 - 07:16 PM.

#172 LetMusicRule

• 36 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:07 AM

Ash - I got all that was available to me on hand at that moment - my thought being some is better then none. Plus I wanted to start out slowly and increase as my body adjusts. Today is day 2 with me only take 1 pill a day. Both days I have gotten a headache within 1 hr of taking. Not enough to slow me down or need to take anything for it. But I do wonder what a stronger dose will do. I am hoping my body adjusts as while the headache isn't a biggie I sure don't want it to increase.

I am also on day 2 of taking oil caps of D3 1000 IU. I have taken Calcium & mag combined for a long period of time - several yrs. I do have a decent multi but am slack in taking it regular. I am getting my Omegas through my chiro who is also a friend of mine. He doesn't sell supplements but if he & I are taking the same item we order it together to save on shipping costs. The name brand slips my mind right now.

*AGAIN* I am not nor will I will asking for any info for hub! I only explained his issues to help explain in part of the load of stress I am under. I am not going to explain this any further. It is way too involved and would serve no purpose.

My apologies, I misread your previous comment and thought you were asking for info.

#173 Ziah

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

On day 3 the headache went to migraine level. The 4th day was horrible migraine wise, terrible upset stomach that usually comes with a migraine. So now I am confused. There is no "toughing it out" at this point as the migraines and stomach issues are stopping me from being able to function as they are both so bad. Beyond a Excedrin I did not take anything else as the script meds for my migraines often create a rebound reaction for several days. I still keep a few around but have not taken any in at least 2 yrs.

It has been suggested I increase my Ash which of course I sure don't want to do at this point. I am so disappointed! :( I had very high hopes for Ash helping me. Had I noticed any benefit I would chance it again & hope my body would adjust. But I noticed no differences at all.

Any thoughts, ideas, tips, suggestions?

#174 Joe Cohen

• 156 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:13 AM

SIMPLE.

Cortisol/stress-> gut permeability and insulin resistance->inflammation, depression, brain fog, etc...

Ashwagandha is an adaptogen and blocks the effects of stress.

I'm sure there's more to it, but I'd say that's the gist of it.

I speak about gut permeability and insulin resistance with regard to brain fog in this post
http://selfhacked.wo...e-of-brain-fog/

Edited by Joe Cohen, 06 July 2013 - 02:17 AM.

#175 FrankEd

• 148 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

According to Dr. Milind Surve, an ayurvedic doctor, ashwaganda belongs to a group of plants called sarpaghanda ( which latin name is rawfolia serpentina) in ayurveda, which has reserpine, a well known vasodilatator and can cause hypotension.

Could someone confirm it?

#176 Fred_CALICO

• 106 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:22 AM

ici en France, l'Ashwagandha est étiqueté :" Withania somnifera powder"

#177 Ziah

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

So bottom line is headaches to what ever degree is normal for some of us and therefore Ash is not for me?

#178 alan.r

• 35 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:46 AM

So bottom line is headaches to what ever degree is normal for some of us and therefore Ash is not for me?

Very possible, as that's my own recent experience as well. Having expressed my reservations aways upthread, I went ahead and tried it anyway. While I have good health and good mental conditions, there is a certain lack on the emotional side, and some lifelong difficulty in socialization.

The product was Himalaya Ashvagandha, 250mg tabs. I tried it in two steps; first trying it thrice daily, so 750mg/day, in the course of my ordinary daily routine. I found no particular upside, no noticeable difference. In fact, by the end of a week I felt a bit down, which is uncharacteristic. I wonder if that's a bit like taking something that makes you wish to travel when you have no means to actually go anywhere, or something to that affect. Perhaps it had nothing to do, so it caused minor depression. And a minor headache as well - so I stopped it.

Second attempt - vacationing. Which is always somewhat stressful and draining. As 750mg had been so mild, I upped it to 1250mg/day. Driving across country, long conversations and socializing with my daughter and extended family, doing all the little vacation things, they all went quite well and I was pleased with the effects. But then the 5th day the headaches started. I almost never get headaches, so it was unusual, and this was like a tension headache that starts in the neck and ranges up, fairly unpleasant and unique.

I tried B vitamins, and I tried Choline (which is depleted by piracetam - one part of my regimen). Neither had any effect. It didn't cause any problems with the vacation, but I did stop taking ash and 4 days later the headaches have gone from medium-bad to almost unnoticeable. Very likely I'll not experiment with it any more.

#179 Andrey_81

• Topic Starter
  • 249 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

Very possible, as that's my own recent experience as well. Having expressed my reservations aways upthread, I went ahead and tried it anyway. While I have good health and good mental conditions, there is a certain lack on the emotional side, and some lifelong difficulty in socialization.

The product was Himalaya Ashvagandha, 250mg tabs. I tried it in two steps; first trying it thrice daily, so 750mg/day, in the course of my ordinary daily routine. I found no particular upside, no noticeable difference. In fact, by the end of a week I felt a bit down, which is uncharacteristic. I wonder if that's a bit like taking something that makes you wish to travel when you have no means to actually go anywhere, or something to that affect. Perhaps it had nothing to do, so it caused minor depression. And a minor headache as well - so I stopped it.

Second attempt - vacationing. Which is always somewhat stressful and draining. As 750mg had been so mild, I upped it to 1250mg/day. ...

I've been taking ashwagandha for almost year and a half with perfect results. For the last 6 months I've been taking it everyday in doses from 250 mg - 750 mg. My usual dose is 500 mg. I only tried himalaya brand (250 mg extract). It works like the first day even though I've been taking it so long. I'm not planing to stop.

I can confirm as a chronic user, I'm not experiencing any headaches or side effects, only the benefits (described before). Once I tried with higher doses (1000-2000 mg) but this had opposite effects so I stopped and I will never use it again in doses higher than 750 mg. There is no need for this, at least in my case. I can feel the benefit in few minutes.

It could be that some people, who usually function normally, will not feel the real benefit. For the one like me this plant is something I cannot function or live without. I can just say that it helped me a lot and changed my life completely (ok, I take other adaptogens like panax ginseng, rhodiola and schizandra, but ashwagandha is my number one and my rescue remedy because it works extremely fast).

Edited by Andrey_81, 10 July 2013 - 03:36 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#180 machete234

• 459 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

I tried B vitamins, and I tried Choline (which is depleted by piracetam - one part of my regimen). Neither had any effect. It didn't cause any problems with the vacation, but I did stop taking ash and 4 days later the headaches have gone from medium-bad to almost unnoticeable. Very likely I'll not experiment with it any more.

Recently I pop ashwagandha like candy again and I rarely have headaches anymore I guess because I took magnesium-bisglycinate for a week or two until I decided my urine is too yellow.

Anyways this form of magnesium seems to help with my tension headaches really well.

The reason I use a lot of ashwagandha lately is stress and too much modalert (Im a bit scared this turns me into an axe murderer :laugh: I was really fucking angry the last few days but I blame it on the piracetam)
I should quit the moda, its just too weird and phenibut can barely but only barely smooth it out.

Edited by machete234, 10 July 2013 - 06:35 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ashwagandha, panic attack, anxiety

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users