* * * * * 2 votes

LOG- C60 Log MkII

c60 buckminsterfullerene antiaging c60 human trial c60 source vaughter wellness

• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

#271 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:21 AM

Daouda, You are saying that Propecia (Finasteride) is a bad thing? I've been on it for over a year with great results and no side affects, anecdotally that is.

#272 daouda

• 469 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:25 AM

Good for you then, but YES, finasteride IS a bad thing, especially if you're only taking it for hair loss (painful and invalidating BPH would be another thing)
Also, not to scare you, but many if not most post-finasteride-syndrome sufferers (note the "POST") have experienced the onset of the problems AFTER cessation of the drug (many theories about this but we don't know why).
If you ever want to stop it I suggest that instead of stopping cold turkey you ramp the dosage down very gradually.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#273 solarfingers

• 440 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:03 AM

Well, I read that very scary thread and yet is there nothing good to be said about Finasteride? Perhapse like hair and lack of prostate issues? Don't expect a knee-jerk reaction from me but I do appreciate the heads up...

#274 daouda

• 469 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:22 AM

Merck has already done a great job advertising for the wonders of finasteride with mutli million dollars campains, and thanks to its powerful lobbying they have successfully brainwashed doctors into thinking that DHT is a evil hormone that needs to be supressed, why would you expect from a website dedicated to finasteride VICTIMS (who have had an extremely hard time to get their issues recognised by the medical community) to sing the praises of finasteride???

Also, finasteride does not lead to "lack of prostate issues", it can actually lead to more virulent cases of prostate cancer (read the studies?) and has not helped anybody against chronic prostatitis, about your hair you won't care about having a great head of hair when you're importent and without libido...

Edited by daouda, 16 May 2013 - 05:24 AM.

#275 markymark

• 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

In order to better understand the DHT-prostate (cancer) issue, I recommend reading articles such as: http://www.highbeam....-297056560.html
It is about 3-ß-Adiol, a prostate-"protective" DHT-metabolite. 3-ß-Adiol can be measured in urine and serum.
However, this all is off topic regarding c60
mm

#276 Jakare

• 36 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

My own personal experience with finasteride after taking it for 6 months (ok 6 months is not enought) was no noticeable effect on hair and a very noticeable decrease in libido. The libido killer effect occurs in a small percentage of men who take it, and in a few of those is permanent. If someone has already tried it and is ok, then is ok. Nonetheless, for men thinking on trying it, it is not worth the risk of a permanent decrease in libido. Luckily, mine came back to normal after a year or so.

Edited by Jakare, 16 May 2013 - 05:39 PM.

#277 nickdino

• 162 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

Hi, want to add my experience here. I received my first supply of c60 from vaughter welness. I took a full pipet as recommended. I noticed that it smells like rancid oil, and that the color is light brown where i expected a purple/ violet color from having read about c60. I took my dose around 14.00 and felt a slight warming in my stomach a few minutes after, and buzz from there. I guess that's a placebo effect, but after a few hours i felt uneasy, stomache a bit upset and minor headaches. It made me suspect perhaps the oil is not ok, so i searched and found this thread and see that others have had similar experiences.

#278 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

Hi, want to add my experience here. I received my first supply of c60 from vaughter welness. I took a full pipet as recommended. I noticed that it smells like rancid oil, and that the color is light brown where i expected a purple/ violet color from having read about c60. I took my dose around 14.00 and felt a slight warming in my stomach a few minutes after, and buzz from there. I guess that's a placebo effect, but after a few hours i felt uneasy, stomache a bit upset and minor headaches. It made me suspect perhaps the oil is not ok, so i searched and found this thread and see that others have had similar experiences.

Well, c60-oo shouldn't smell rancid, that's for sure. I kind of doubt that Sarah Vaughter is monitoring these threads any more, but I think she'd like to know about this, and would probably give you a new bottle if this one is bad. You might want to send her some email.
  • like x 1

#279 SarahVaughter

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:13 PM

A pipette of rancid oil can not cause a headache or a "buzz". Our current oil is very, very special. It is real Cretan EVOO, pressed and filled off in front of us in a village in the interior of Western Crete. It tastes extremely peppery and has a strong aroma as well.

Also, our oil definitely is not brown. We had a similar complaint as yours recently and, shell-shocked as we were by that very severe allegation, immediately refunded the person for his two bottles, only to be told that the color was deep ruby red after all, when the bottle is held against the light. He apologized but he never repaid the refund.

Our self-imported Cretan oil contains a very high amount of chlorophyll, making the oil look brown in the pipette (green + red = brown). But there is a deep red color when looking at larger quantities.
Our oil has an extremely strong taste. It burns in the throat. That is how real olive oil tastes like. Nothing like supermarket oil. I've never tasted anything like it. It hurts!

Look at how we import it - we saw it being pressed:

http://c60antiaging....and-production/

If you contact us, we'll of course refund you, even though I am certain that the color is deep ruby red, because as I said we had another complainer and we were of course very worried about his (now admittedly false) complaint and we went over our production process with a fine-toothed comb to see if we could possible have made a mistake with a batch. We concluded that to be impossible, since we verify the color at various stages. At some stages, such as the filling stage, the oil is visible deep-red in the top of a dosing apparatus. The lab technician that does the filling has Aspergers just like me, and when I told her there were doubts about the color she freaked out and swore to me that this was an absurd impossibility and she became very, very agitated. She is one of the most dedicated people I've ever seen, with a near-pathological attention to detail. That's exactly why we employ people with Aspergers. When I visited the lab in Sweden last time, she had kept some cracked pipettes from a bottle delivery. She obsesses over the quality of everything we do or use. Non-red color would mean we sell rubbish, not C60-in-oil. Why would we do that. The C60 in a bottle costs less than a dollar. I challenge you to substantiate your claim with for example an analysis, because it's quite an allegation you make here (without contacting us first).

Your claim that the oil is brown and not red, plus the "buzz" and "headache" make me doubt the claim of rancidity as well. Our oil tastes very, very strong and that's exactly how it's supposed to be.

Finally: We are by far the biggest vendor of this product. We sold thousands of bottles this year. If we sold a fake, rancid product, I'm sure there would be dozens of complaints and our sales would have been going down instead of up. We're inundated with bulk-purchase requests by importers, wholesalers, affiliates and resellers (but we always say no) and they tried the product first. Noone ever complained about brown product or rancidity.

Edited by SarahVaughter, 13 November 2013 - 10:46 AM.

• like x 2

#280 SarahVaughter

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

We'd like to pay for you to send the bottle back to us, please. Contact me at sarah@owndoc.com. I want to know whether it really is rancid.

Edited by SarahVaughter, 13 November 2013 - 12:03 AM.

• like x 1

#281 nickdino

• 162 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:53 PM

Wow, your reaction makes it more likely that the product is taken care of in the best way you know of. So perhaps this is what everyone else gets when they order c60 from your produce. I believe it was hebbeh's description on one of the first pages that match my thoughts the first time i tried it. Honestly, it is quite distastefull. It smells like lubrication oil for chains and such things, not olive oil. Ehm, do you not filter the oil with a 20nm filter? Does that still let the polyphenols go trough?

#282 SarahVaughter

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

When you're unhappy just send the oil back and we'll refund you for shipping as well as the oil. So far, you haven't contacted our customer support AFAIK. Real EVOO is an aquired taste and not for everyone. Most people will not taste/smell it in their lifetime. It's *very* strong. Most people will find it disagreeable, that's another reason why real EVOO can't be found in stores. It's all bland/blended. Read "Extra Virginity" for a description on how real EVOO tastes. Perhaps you will reconsider about the "chain oil". Cretan oil is perhaps the best EVOO on the planet.

Edited by SarahVaughter, 13 November 2013 - 06:16 PM.

• like x 1

#283 nickdino

• 162 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

The buzz was a good thing, i experienced what i think people on this site sometimes refer to as enhanced spatial and depth awareness. I took my second dose today, indeed quite peppery, i feel tingles in my mouth for a few seconds. Took a smell, i can hardly smell it actually, i guess it was my expectation of typical olive oil smell and taste that explains the discrepancy experienced. I just checked the colour again, i can only look at the pipet since the bottle itself is brown coloured glas. The oil in the pipet looks brownish, not red. I had a headache for the past 20 mins but it's over now. I took my dose about 8 hours ago so i don't know if it's the c60evoo. Anyway i don't want to go trough the hassle of resending it, i want to continue testing it on myself.

#284 SarahVaughter

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:45 PM

Good :-) Actually, even though the bottle is brown, holding it against the light should still show a deep red color.

Edited by SarahVaughter, 13 November 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#285 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:25 AM

Good :-) Actually, even though the bottle is brown, holding it against the light should still show a deep red color.

I wanted to offer some feedback on your C60 product in relation to nickdino's comment:

Honestly, it is quite distastefull. It smells like lubrication oil for chains and such things, not olive oil.

I use your C60-OO, and the most recent bottle of oil I received does have an odd smell to it (a smell that previous bottles didn't have). The cause of the problem is I believe the rubber bulb of the pipette. The rubber is obviously new, and has a rubbery smell ("like lubrication oil for chains", as nickdino put it). Some of that rubbery aroma has been transferred into the oil, giving the oil a slightly distasteful aroma/ taste. The rubbery aroma/ taste is quite distinct from e.g., the pepperiness of the olive oil. Is it possible you are using a new brand or batch of pipette bulbs?

I am happy enough with the product, and the rubbery smell doesn't annoy me enough to want to return it; however, I think some customers might be put off.

Edited by blood, 19 November 2013 - 08:01 AM.

#286 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

Having recently gone through several bottles of Bariani's green olive oil I can confirm Sarah's assertion about high quality oil being very peppery, and burning the throat. A great taste to acquire...

#287 SarahVaughter

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 November 2013 - 07:39 PM

As I already explained, "blood", we now use real Cretan EVOO instead of supermarket oil. If you are not familiar with the taste of real olive oil, you may think the new oil is disgusting, foul, tastes of rubber etc. I can assure you that our Cretan oil is of extraordinary high quality. It tastes *extremely* strong and not at all like any olive oil available in ordinary stores. I and many with me that I know use it regularly and the aroma is very rich and extremely strong as it should be.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#288 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:07 PM

"Sarah", your oil doesn't taste "extremely strong" - it simply has a slight peppery aftertaste, similar to most quality oils.

In the most recent bottle I received, the oil also has a quite distinct, and quite out of place, rubber fragrance/ aroma, which smells very much like the rubber of the pipette bulb (which is exposed to the oil during storage and transport). The oil should really be packaged with a hard plastic cap; the pippette should be supplied as an extra.

I am tempted to contact a government olive oil testing organisation here in Australia, and get their expert opinion on this - as it appears that your approach to customer feedback is simply to attempt to brow beat your customers into submission. After reading your response, I am now curious to know if "notes of rubber and bike chain oil" are actually a quality of finest Cretan olive oil, or rather an artefact of ill considered packaging.

Let me ask you a question: if you were to drop a small chunk of rubber into a bottle of your finest olive oil, do you think it is at all possible that rubbery notes will infuse out of the rubber and into the oil?

Edited by blood, 19 November 2013 - 08:20 PM.

• like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#289 SarahVaughter

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

I will take your suggestion to heart and our next batch will have pipettes supplied separately. It's a good idea regardless of whether or not our oil has a rubbery taste.
  • like x 1

#290 SarahVaughter

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

It is now three weeks since the original complaint that our current C60 smells/tastes of rubber, and that this would be caused by the rubber of pipette. Three weeks ago, we started an experiment by putting a few bottles upside-down so that the oil would permanently be in contact with the rubber. We occasionally shook the bottles. Yesterday we opened them (3) up and smelled and tasted the oil. We let several people smell, also people unrelated to our company. Noone could smell or taste rubber, not even when tasting the rubber directly.

Caveat: We tested the red rubber pipettes. We have also once produced a batch with black pipettes.

Edited by SarahVaughter, 11 December 2013 - 11:19 AM.

• like x 2

#291 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:10 AM

It is now three weeks since the original complaint that our current C60 smells/tastes of ruber, and that this would be cause by the rubber of pipette. Three weeks ago, we started an experiment by putting a few bottles upside-down so that the oil would permanently be in contact with the rubber. We occasionally shook the bottles. Yesterday we opened them (3) up and smelled and tasted the oil. We let several people smell, also people unrelated to our company. Noone could smell or taste rubber, not even when tasting the rubber directly.

Caveat: We tested the red rubber pipettes. We have also once produced a batch with black pipettes.

Hi Sarah,

I appreciate that you undertook an investigation into the issue.

Just to reiterate - I do appreciate the quality of your products, and continue to order them.

#292 nickdino

• 162 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

That may be so Sarah, but i have difficulty taking it. I'm not buying it again, i find the taste too unpleasant.

#293 SarahVaughter

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

The black rubber pipettes may taste of rubber, but we will never use them again, just to be sure. It was one batch only. We were unable to test that batch for taste. As to the taste of the Cretan EVOO: It's very different from store bought oil, that's for sure.

#294 Jembe

• 92 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:43 PM

I just received my first shipment from Vaughter. The olive oil is quite strong, but I didn't have any problems downing half a pipette. This is with the red rubber. I could see a tablespoon being a bit gross, but a pipette...?

#295 SarahVaughter

• 186 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

I think it may be that the batch with black pipettes had a bad taste, assuming the complainer is correct. We will only use Swedish-made pipettes from now on (the black ones were Chinese, sigh..)

We always refund/replace things when there is a valid complaint. In addition to complaining here, it would be a good idea to complain to us, so that we know of the issue, can refund you and make sure it will not happen again. Just complaining here will not benefit anyone (except of course our C60 competitors).

Edited by SarahVaughter, 12 December 2013 - 06:53 PM.

• like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#296 robosapiens

• 163 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

Could we add BHT or Ascorbyl Palmitate (or both) to the Oil - I would prefer this

#297 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:26 AM

Daouda, You are saying that Propecia (Finasteride) is a bad thing? I've been on it for over a year with great results and no side affects, anecdotally that is.

I took finasteride for 10yrs! for 3-4 years at a full 5mg dose of proscar per day even. I did get mild gyno at the higher dose, itchy puffy nipples etc. I did have a wildly fluctuating libido of extreme hornieness to normal hornieness, had a reduced ability to get strong erections especially when having sex multiple times in a day but did not have full ED, I would take a cyalis when I knew that I would be having a lot of sex in a night or weekend. Never had morning wood unless I stopped for a week.. I did regrow and hang onto a lot of my hair enogh to style it and use concealers to make good looking hairstyles, after financial circumstances made me take a 1.5yr break from proscar I ended up losing 30% of my hair and could not get it back or my hair did not show any indication of growing back after a year back on the finas. I decided to throw in the towel, thought that 10yrs of finas was enough and that 20yrs of lowering my DHT might be a bad thing.
Some people may have long term effects from finas but not me, I am 36 and could chisel my name in a wall with my pecker each morning when I wake up. It does effect people in different ways but a lot of these guys on propeciahelp.com etc are just seriously depressed or just victims of anything.

BTW. I wear a hairpiece now, I have not had as much hair as this since I was 17. I decided to chuck in all these chemicals being dumped on my head and long term strong medications. If the meds could only give me a half decent result then I thought why not just stick a full head of hair on my head.

Edited by Adamzski, 24 December 2013 - 02:29 AM.

#298 inspired

• 11 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

I just wanted to say I love the taste of Sarah's C60oo. It's a treat. Wish I could find this fine olive oil locally.

#299 mitomutant

• 190 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

I think it's all down to the mitochondria. If your mitochondrial function is bad enough that it impacts your everyday life, then you get a big boost that you notice immediately. If you have healthy mitochondria and you don't regularly explore your limits, you don't notice anything. If you have healthy mitochondria and you know where your physical limits are, either from resistance exercise or from endurance exercise, you may see an effect. If we could all do lab work that characterized our redox status, we would probably see a signal in most or even all people.

Definitively I should try this. I have been reluctant so far because I have read that C60 can be a pro-oxidant and inhibit mitochondrial respiratory chain as well

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, buckminsterfullerene, antiaging, c60 human trial, c60 source, vaughter wellness

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users