• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

"12 Deadly Diseases Cured in the 20th Century"

diseases cures cured science triumph

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:34 AM

If somebody could extract this list from these 12 successive pages then I'll post it in the topic. I cant do it because my computer is moving ungodfully slow right now.

http://health.howstu...th-century1.htm

I'll see how many I can remember:

chicken pox,
diptheria,
small pox
polio
mumps
a flu strain
whooping cough
tetanus
malaria
.... can't remember more at the moment.

#2 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:17 AM

They are:

Chicken pox
Diptheria
Invasive H flu
Malaria
Measles
Pertussis
Pneumococcal disease
Polio
Tetanus
Typhoid fever
Yellow fever
Small pox

Edited by Droplet, 30 June 2012 - 08:18 AM.

• like x 1

#3 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

Is it possible that by providing immunizations against these diseases we are allowing people with crappy genetics that would otherwise have perished from these diseases to thrive in this world thus making the human gene pool weaker as a result?

By no means am I for removing vaccines because I am all for transcending your genetics with human technology.

Edited by The Immortalist, 22 July 2012 - 03:26 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:11 AM

Is it possible that by providing immunizations against these diseases we are allowing people with crappy genetics that would otherwise have perished from these diseases to thrive in this world thus making the human gene pool weaker as a result?

By no means am I for removing vaccines because I am all for transcending your genetics with human technology.

I would say that it does but people don't like to admit it because it sounds so bad. Just because someone's genes are bad doesn't mean that they shouldn't contribute/be given a chance to live like other people. It also gets a bit "unsavoury" sounding when we tell certain people to breed and others not to. I do see the point though and I would be lying if I didn't think it myself at some point.

I am someone who has crappy genetics and is sterilised so some of us "crap gene people" do decide not to pass on our faults. It's a lot to do with how I am mentally but there was also a good chunk of my decision made due to my genetics. The day when we CAN transcend genetics with technology will be a very happy day. :) I personally still wouldn't want to breed though no matter what humanity acheived.

Edited by Droplet, 23 July 2012 - 06:12 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diseases, cures, cured, science triumph

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users