Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Sun Nootropics

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#1 Phaoroah

• 5 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:14 PM

Has anyone heard of Sun Nootropics. They're a company from China that distributes bulk powders, up to 25kg. I requested a COA, however, there is no way to prove its authenticity. My concern is that the regulation laws there aren't what they are here in the States. Just wondering if anyone has ever ordered from them and can vouch for the quality?

Check them out:

http://www.sunnootro...68497-62-1.html

Prices are too good to be true.

#2 X_Danny_X

• 344 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:57 PM

damn, $120 for 100grams of Noopept. That is pretty good. However, I just don't know how reliable these guys are. Holy crap if it is true that they are legit. I guess they are new and trying to make some loot.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 Phaoroah

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

They sent me a COA upon request, however, I don't really know how to read those things. This may be one of those companies that the major bulk suppliers in the States use to stock their own supply and then sell us at exorbitant prices. I just wish there was some information - some way to vouch for the company that did the COA.

I've attached the COA if anyone else thinks they can see if it's legitimate.

Not only do they sell Noopept, but a variety of racetams and other stuff as well.

Attached Files

#4 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

Well that's really very very cheap, maybe too cheap to be real. CH who has the cheapest noopept sells it at 350$ for 100g, here it's only 120$.
I know it's chinese but still. 1KG of piracetam for 40$, that's damn cheap!
If someone wishes to buy some stuff here and make a report that would be interesting.

Their COA however is quite undetailed, there should be boiling information and so on which appears on SFDA certificates.

Edited by renfr, 05 August 2012 - 08:41 PM.

#5 Ghost02236

• 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:57 AM

Analyzed by: Jane Fan Approved by: Kate Zhang .... I wish this was legit, but... if anyone has the balls and the money to give it a try in the name of science,,, let us know

#6 swich401

• 12 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:16 PM

Just got my order of Noopept from them today. Seems to be okay quality. White powder. I did a melting point test and it melted right around the 96-99 degree celcius mark (where it is supposed to). Tastes really bad, which I have read it is supposed to.

I'll get back to you all on whether I get any subjective improvements in my cognition from it. So far, haven't really noticed anything (took a dose of 15mg an hour ago).

#7 Heraclitean

• 134 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:37 AM

Was the shipping fast? What was the shipping cost? Thanks.

#8 swich401

• 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:55 AM

So, more of an update: I accidentally took a 100mg dose yesterday (miscalculated the amount per volume of fluid that I mixed it in). I mixed it in a 50/50 ratio of reverse osmosis water and omega 3 oils. Subjective effect from it was a rapidity of thoughts. Felt as though words were flowing out of my mouth before I had a chance to really process whether they were any good or not (I usually monitor everything that I am saying). May have been a slight anxiolytic effect that helped with the verbal fluency.

Tried to do some cramming when the dose began to wear off. Didn't notice anything special. No enhanced recall today of what I was studying yesterday. Comprehension of the material that I was studying yesterday was no greater than without the noopept. I'll give more updates in the next while.

Shipping was extremely fast (3 days to middle of Canada). Shipping cost was around $35, which brough the noopept to about $3 or so per gram. Extremely cheap cost :)

#9 Heraclitean

• 134 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:43 AM

Thanks for your response, and indeed, very cheap. Don't forget that noopept takes days to weeks to fully manifest its effects, and effects are cumulative. Did you order anything else from them?

#10 swich401

• 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 03:27 AM

Thanks for your response, and indeed, very cheap. Don't forget that noopept takes days to weeks to fully manifest its effects, and effects are cumulative. Did you order anything else from them?

I only bought the noopept.

I will give it more time for the BDNF and NGF boosting properties to take effect, but I don't think they will do much as I already take alot of other supplements to boost the levels of those (plus I exercise regularly which increases both of those).

#11 polymathic

• 45 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 07:53 AM

Is it possible it's so cheap to due a low expiry?

#12 swich401

• 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

I would not think that it has a low expiry date. Came in a sealed foil bag just as any other company would send. No way to really tell I guess.

Anyone know what the breakdown products of noopept are?

I don't think it would be broken down too much, or its melting point would have deviated more from the desired 97-98 degrees.

#13 polymathic

• 45 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:17 AM

Hey swich401,

I did some price enquiries with Chinese suppliers, some prices I got back;

"100g USD 240 with DHL or UPS delivery to your address ."
"the price is US$ 1221.9 per kilogram,FOB Shanghai." ~http://sybio.com/

If I get more I'll let you know.

Looking at some of their prices, they offer 100g for the price you'd get per 100g from ordering 25KG from some suppliers

#14 swich401

• 12 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

Looking at some of their prices, they offer 100g for the price you'd get per 100g from ordering 25KG from some suppliers

When you say "they" in the above quote, are you referring to Sun Nootropic or to the companies that you got quotes from?

#15 audax

• 5 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

Any updates regarding noopept performance?

#16 audax

• 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:39 PM

Anyway I've ordered 100g Noopept from sun nootropics, is there anything what I can do, to verify if its really Noopept? (despite melting test?)

#17 swich401

• 12 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

An update: I have been sticking to a low dose of approximately 10-20mg per day, usually as a single dose in the morning. So far there have been very mild effects - most noticeable is a slight increase in motivation to get things done. Seems to increase my anxiety when I am not doing what I am supposed to tho (when I am procrastinating). No change in anxiety levels when getting things done.

The only things that you can do at home to somewhat tell purity is its taste (tastes pretty gross), its smell (smells a bit musty to me?), and finally just doing a melting point test. It is best to use a Gallenkamp, which is a scientific melting point apparatus. For home tests, you can also stick the Noopept into a test tube, then put the test tube in a beaker of water saturated with salt. You will then just need a thermometer to measure the temperature of the water/salt solution. See the image attached.

Attached File  Melting Point.jpg   14.11KB   24 downloads
  • like x 1

#18 Bukujutsu

• 92 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

Anyone have more information on them? These prices are astounding, there should be more focus on them.

#19 audax

• 5 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

As I said before, I bought 100g from them, done all the tests mentioned before and it seems pretty legit. However I haven't expected any "noticable" enhancements in cognition and on memorizing&recalling things. However motivation is slightly higher than normal, also I'm much more self - confident, talkative and calm at the same time. I've been taking 1 dose in the morning with omega3 caps, 10-20mg. If you need more details, let me know.

#20 Bukujutsu

• 92 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

I asked about them on Reddit. Could you guys upvote this?

http://www.reddit.co...r_the_cheapest/

Edited by Bukujutsu, 29 November 2012 - 01:34 AM.

#21 leftside

• 161 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

I ordered 100g of Modafinil powder from Sun Nootropics. We'll see what happens....

#22 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

I ordered 100g of Modafinil powder from Sun Nootropics.

Hmm. I could not find any results for modafinil on their site, or in their product listings. Can you link us to this product? Or perhaps you confused Sun Nootropics with Sun Pharmaceuticals.

Edited by Climactic, 29 November 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#23 leftside

• 161 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

You need to email them. It is not advertised due to paypal restrictions. I paid $200. They have good communication and I did not sense any "red flags". Guess I'll find out soon for sure.

#24 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

You need to email them. It is not advertised due to paypal restrictions.

Ah. Thanks. Please keep us apprised - so we know if it works normally or not. I wonder what else they sell that's not advertised! Are they going to ship this discreetly or what? Modafinil is a controlled substance in the US and a Schedule F drug in Canada. One can get into a lot of trouble for its unauthorized possession in the US, so discretion at all stages is mandatory - if it gets through the border at all. Finally, did they provide you a real CoA?

Edited by Climactic, 29 November 2012 - 08:09 PM.

#25 leftside

• 161 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

They said they are discreet. I'm in Canada and I'm not too concerned. I've only once had a package opened and confiscated (and that was DHEA of all things).

#26 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

Ok. Did you happen to receive a CoA or any purity data that you can share with us? A racemic breakdown, if not 50/50, would also be of interest.

Edited by Climactic, 29 November 2012 - 08:12 PM.

#27 leftside

• 161 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

No. It's china. They could make it up. You take your chances.... But they must know that if they sell legit then they will get repeat business.

#28 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

No. It's china. They could make it up. You take your chances.... But they must know that if they sell legit then they will get repeat business.

One point to keep in mind is to avoid confusing the effects with that of adrafinil, which is similar but more easily available. Don't want adrafinil.

Edited by Climactic, 29 November 2012 - 08:52 PM.

#29 gray.bot

• 262 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

I'm totally interested in this bulk modafinil powder thing!!!

How much did you pay for 100g?

You'll know if it is adrafanil powder because your pee will start to smell.

Please do let us know the outcome of this! Thanks so much!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#30 leftside

• 161 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

One point to keep in mind is to avoid confusing the effects with that of adrafinil, which is similar but more easily available. Don't want adrafinil.

I also have adrafinil powder and Demiurge from Antaeus Labs (very reputible company). I'll wait until I get all 3 so that I can compare properly. I paid $200 for the modafinil.
  • dislike x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users