Photo

Sun Nootropics

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#31 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

I paid $200 for the modafinil.

Any chance you can also get their price for armodafinil from them (if they sell it too)?

#32 gray.bot

• 262 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

I paid $200 for the modafinil.

:O

I'm paying 2.5 times that much.

I'll have to try it, but I got like 4 months of modafinil stored so it'll have to be next year.

Thanks for the pointer, you just saved me a lot of money.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#33 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

I wouldn't get so excited so soon. Chinese bulk powders can turn out to be entirely fake. Perhaps yours will be the real deal.

Edited by cryonicsculture, 06 August 2014 - 06:06 PM.

#34 gray.bot

• 262 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

I wouldn't get so excited so soon. Chinese bulk powders can turn out to be entirely fake. Perhaps yours will be the real deal.

I thought leftside was taking that bullet for me. If his is fake I won't buy it :)

I guess I'm on the rightside of this deal! Haha lame pun.

#35 leftside

• 161 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

Agreed

Edited by cryonicsculture, 06 August 2014 - 06:06 PM.

#36 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

leftside, hav you already given sun nootropics a try?

#37 leftside

• 161 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

It arrived, but I won't be able to try until January.

#38 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

If you, leftside, have a good expirence with, then that will make 2 people on this forum, Isochorma been the other.

http://www.longecity...ist#entry553467

#39 Nickthedevil

• 56 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

wowee 100g of modafinil for $200 thats incredible. like ridiculous, I guess there is only really one way to see whats what, find someone with a hplcms and get something tested. I'm going to start by saying while there is a possibility it's spurious, just on the off chance it's the genuine article it'd be worth the cost of the assay.

#40 leftside

• 161 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

I tried 150mg this morning. It definitely does something stimulating as I didn't get to bed until 1am this morning after a long flight, and I'm currently at work feeling quite "awake". My heart is beating a little faster, but apart from that I don't feel any "bad" side effects. I took the 150mg 3 hours ago. I'll see how the rest of the days goes. I'm expecting some form of crash around 3pm.

I can already tell that this is something I don't want to be taking all the time, but for "every now and then" it appears to be great.

It doesn't really taste of anything, but does have a strange after taste.

I'm taking this Modafinil without anything else (no nootropics, etc) so I can assess it properly. I've also been off nootropics for the last 2 weeks whilst I've been on vacation.

#41 leftside

• 161 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

Yeserday was good. I went to the gym at lunchtime. I was tired around 4pm, but it was hardly a "crash". Went to bed 1.5 hrs later than usual (which is actually not bad as I am adjusting to my home time zone after traveling). Slept well.

Took 180mg this morning 3 hours ago and feel pretty good. Certainly feel more "awake" than I normally would after the amount of traveling I've just done. It's like a strong cup of coffee without the downsides (for me, such - as feeling sketchy and tight stomach). I'll take it again tomorrow and then give it a rest for a few days.

I've tried many, many substances the last few years, but there are very few that I've added to my "arsenal". Modafinil is going to be an addition to my arsenal now though.

#42 remone

• 23 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

I use their Modafinil a few weeks now.
I have no other experience with modafinil, so can't compare.
Also use it, mostly, with some noots, it varies wich ones. Have about 7' monhs experience with nootropics.

First I had to get a feel for it. Thought that it was bunk honestly.
Testing dose ranges a bit, and now I can say 250mg is a good dose for me. 200 seems just to low, 300 to much. 300 lets me feel like taking to much coffee, but a little different in jitteryness, can't really explain. it defenitely is not caffeine, as I know how 200 or 300mgs pf hat feels like.
Get some nice 'drive' from it, without really noticing an 'effect' as you got with stims. It doesn't motivate me to get things done but just makes me alert, and awake.
Haven't noticed any negatives till so far. Used it most days, some days off now and then.

I am a new poster here, no affiliates with Sun or anything, just my bit of experience with this product.

Edited by remone, 04 January 2013 - 06:59 PM.

#43 machete234

• 459 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

As what was the modafinil sent do they label it differently and how far do I get with 100g of it
and what is the minimal order?

#44 remone

• 23 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

No offense but If you don't even know the dosage, I suggest you do some research first.

Minimum is 100gr. Just email them.

#45 Adam90

• 71 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

I ordered some racetams from them some time ago and the products are legit. They managed to get the stuff to my place in only 3 days without customs issues, despite that I live halfway across the globe. Overall a good supplier.

#46 machete234

• 459 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

No offense but If you don't even know the dosage, I suggest you do some research first.

I wouldnt eat that with a spoon dont worry and I have a miligram scale

They managed to get the stuff to my place in only 3 days without customs issues, despite that I live halfway across the globe. Overall a good supplier.

How much did that express shipping cost?

Edited by machete234, 07 February 2013 - 09:55 AM.

#47 Adam90

• 71 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

How much did that express shipping cost?

About 150 usd for 3 kg of substances. I don't mind the shipping costs as the total costs are still much cheaper than local EU suppliers.

#48 UNDISCLOSED USER

• 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

People here claim that Sun Nootropics is reliable because they got something which seems to work.

But... the problem with Chinese manufacturers/retailers rarely is that they'd send you some dried washingpowder instead. The problem is that their products often are cheap because of purity issues. You can order some "X" and it may have the effect you'd expect, that doesn't mean it isn't laced with heavy metals or toxic sideproducts. You may very well be damaging yourselves with it.

On the other I too am wondering how many, more expensive, Western sources aren't reselling from places like Sun nootropics.

So... I was wondering how many people here would be interested in putting some money together and have some of Sun's supplements properly analysed?

Edited by UNDISCLOSED USER, 08 February 2013 - 11:49 AM.

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#49 remone

• 23 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

People here claim that Sun Nootropics is reliable because they got something which seems to work.

But... the problem with Chinese manufacturers/retailers rarely is that they'd send you some dried washingpowder instead. The problem is that their products often are cheap because of purity issues. You can order some "X" and it may have the effect you'd expect, that doesn't mean it isn't laced with heavy metals or toxic sideproducts. You may very well be damaging yourselves with it.

On the other I too am wondering how many, more expensive, Western sources aren't reselling from places like Sun nootropics.

So... I was wondering how many people here would be interested in putting some money together and have some of Sun's supplements properly analysed?

I think scammers are everywhere, not more in China then in Europe for example.
China is groing big, and I think they do want to invest in the future. So there's no point in having hi-tec labs and producing bullshit, when they can make the real thing.
Yes, they were BIG in making replica s of pretty almost everything produced in eu/us/etc. Nowadays they make real things, think iPhone etcetera.

Off course you always have to be smart, and know what you take. But I never read the request to put some money in analysing US-vendors for example
And if you get COA with your us-ordered-noots, who says it's a real COA :)

But in the end, they could be planning on taking over the world and destroy all the smart people with laced nootropics :p
(just kidding)
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#50 UNDISCLOSED USER

• 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

I think scammers are everywhere, not more in China then in Europe for example.
China is groing big, and I think they do want to invest in the future. So there's no point in having hi-tec labs and producing bullshit, when they can make the real thing.

I don't think I can agree with that...

Yes scammers are everywhere, but in China health standards are much lower than in the West and bribing officials is commonplace. The biggest issue though, is that Chinese manufacturers are only very rarely caught when their products are exposed, since they mostly (and in many cases exclusively) ship to the West. When some supplement turns out to include a toxic compound which put a few people with one foot in the grave, they just continue their business under another name. No sweat of their brow!

The product could very well be 'real' in the sense that the product contains what it says on the bottle. It's the unlisted content what concerns me and I would really rather see some of their stuff tested before ordering! Now there are many people on this forum that would be interested in seeing some proof of quality for their products, right? The shared cost for a lab analysis is not much if shared among, say, a couple dozen interested party's. It's a good investment considering Sun's low prices.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#51 Adam90

• 71 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

I have had racetams from EU suppliers before, and Sun Nootropics' racetams are working exactly in the same way. So I am not too worried about it.

Edited by Adam90, 09 February 2013 - 09:37 PM.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#52 UNDISCLOSED USER

• 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

I have had racetams from EU suppliers before, and Sun Nootropics' racetams are working exactly in the same way. So I am not too worried about it.

Would toxic pollutants cause a product to work different?

I don't know what is in their products, all I know is that there have been plenty of cases where toxic ingredients like Aristolochia was found in Chinese supplements, I don't see why nootropics are immune for loose morals or barely existing safety standaards.

But I can't afford an analysis on my own budget, and I see that there are few people interested in a check for health's sake...
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#53 polymathic

• 45 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

Jesus - $200 for 100g of modafinil. Such a shame china can be so "hit and miss" with the quality, though I do think on the whole they get an unduly bad rep.

#54 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

I don't understand all this rant against chinese suppliers, where do you think european and american nootropics suppliers source their stuff?
It all comes from China and if the prices are lower at Sun nootropics it's because they make less profit out of it (or they buy really huge batches).
I plan to buy 500g sulbutiamine from them, at 1g/day that's a 17 months supply for $165 which is about $10 a month.
Any experience with their DHL next day shipping, is it really that fast?
  • like x 1

#55 machete234

• 459 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

Jesus - $200 for 100g of modafinil. Such a shame china can be so "hit and miss" with the quality, though I do think on the whole they get an unduly bad rep.

Chinese firms become better at these things all the time, its not impossible for them to have quality control like western companies.
Some things you think you know about china isnt as true anymore as it was 10 years ago.

That said I wouldnt necessarily trust some mystery powder from china as well but I happen to consume it allready because nootropics vendors are resellers of chinese powder no matter what they say.
I would trust them less than any western manufacturer of chemicals

The only thing you can trust is pharmaceuticals like ratiopharm piracetam etc Id love to have some pharmaceutical aniracetam that would be great but its very expensive in the countries where its sold.

Edited by machete234, 22 February 2013 - 04:20 PM.

#56 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

Just ordered 500g of sulbutiamine from them with DHL next day shipping. Paid $169.
I will report back when I got the stuff.

#57 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

I am eager to hear some more reports..these prices are hard to pass up

has anyone tried their service fee? any nootropic effects? http://www.sunnootro...ervice-fee.html

Edited by Adaptogen, 27 February 2013 - 08:54 AM.

#58 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

I am eager to hear some more reports..these prices are hard to pass up

has anyone tried their service fee? any nootropic effects? http://www.sunnootro...ervice-fee.html

What is that service fee? I'm not sure to understand...

#59 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

haha, i have no clue

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#60 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

Finally received my order.
It was sent through TNT instead of DHL because TNT was better for my country.
Here's the tracking info, it took 3 days (should have taken 2 according to Vosun because the package missed a flight) :
Posted Image
The package comes from Suzhou, a city just next to Shanghai, it embarked the airport of Pudong in the center of Shanghai.
I received it in original TNT packaging, the powder was in a cardboard box.
Net weight is 500g as expected.
The powder has about the same taste as my "control" sulbutiamine (which is a bottle from Smart Powders).
I took micro-doses and the taste is very bitter for both, there is also another kind of taste along with bitter one, for SmartPowders it tastes like earth, for VosunChem it tastes like milk.
I guess that's because SmartPowders includes titanium dioxide and other fillers which I don't think is the case of VosunChem.
I think this is legit but I don't have proper material to make further testing.
Powder is almost white, SP's is whiter but that's because of titanium dioxide.

For me it's okay, by the way the package was handled by the same person from customer support, that latter is quite good and I always receive answers within 24h.

Edited by renfr, 01 March 2013 - 02:13 PM.

• like x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users