• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 13 votes

PRL-8-53; was: PRL 8-147: The Most Powerful Memory Enhancer?

• Please log in to reply
1725 replies to this topic

#61 Gerhard van Dieren

• Topic Starter
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:15 AM

Which is why we don't order 100g, just 10g. The (yes, one) study was conducted on humans and had no adverse affects. The compound was abandoned because at the time there was no interest in cognitive enhancing drugs.

I'm not sure what the latter part of your comment is suggesting; I'm very interested in getting together on a group buy!

I'm just concerned that no one will want to take the risk to order and distribute it. Are you willing to be the buyer/distributer?

The risks I see are threefold:
1. The compound turns you into a three headed monster.
2. The package gets confiscated at customs, (unlikely).
3. The compound is a complete dud with no cognitive enhancing effects.

Well 2 is highly unlikely, 3: pretty sure some people in here are resourcheful enough to verify said supplier, so the only real troublesome outcome could be us turning into 3 headed monsters :)

#62 peakplasma

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

Since the risks are minimal, I take it that you are volunteering to lead the bulk buy and distribute it then?

Great!

I'm in for a few grams.

Should I PM you with my address and PayPal details?

Edited by peakplasma, 20 March 2013 - 01:31 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:47 AM

Since the risks are minimal, I take it that you are volunteering to lead the bulk buy and distribute it then?

Great!

I'm in for a few grams.

Should I PM you with my address and PayPal details?

I'm ok with Q doing the shipping and handling. Just want to find a good supplier and compare prices and quality offered. Worth finding out if there'll be any hazardous compounds used in the intermediate steps for the synthesis process. In the meantime we can start pooling in funds for the venture. To whom, I don't know.

Edited by redan, 20 March 2013 - 03:48 AM.

#64 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:27 AM

Here is my my idea for a group buy of 100g of PRL-8-53.

The main problem with group buys is the collecting of the money necessary for it to happen. Which is why most group buys fail right at the start. Western Union has fees and so do bank wire transfers.

So, here me out, we could ask a moderator to set up a “donation program” in the donation tap of Longecity where participants of the group buy would send their money too. But too keep the logistics low we should have 20 maybe 40 participants in the group buy but for the sake of this post we will say 20 persons for now.

To make it worth Longevity’s worthwhile 5g will be $100. This will cover the cost of the PRL-8-53 plus shipping and then some. Recall $20(Initial gram)+$13x4g(additional grams)+$5(additional shipping cost)=$77. This means that $2000 would go into the “donation program”, when only about $1500 or less should be needed, and anything left would go to the community. Also it is worth mentioning that Longecity could, as a business, purchases PRL-8-53 and/or get ahold of suppliers that only deal with business. Plus we could have the supplier break the 100g into two packages sending one to the US and one the UK. Now this would not necessarily 50g and 50g per say; that is if 15 participants are in the UK than 75g would go there and the remaining 25g to the US. (This would help raise the odds of getting PRL-8-53. But we may choose a supplier in the UK or US which would be great). At the two location, US and UK, two participants would be responsible for weighing, repackaging and mailing out the samples. I would not mind having to be one of the two participants to repack and mail. Hate to put anyone on the spot like this, but I could message ScienceGuy and see if he would be willing to be the UK receiver. If anything he is already fallowing this tread seeing he did post in it a while back. Continuing, now money would have to be sent from the “donation program”, minus final cost of PRL-8-53, to the two receiver participants to repack and mail out the samples

Tell me what you guys think. It’s a bit sloppy but I hope it gets the point arose.
  • like x 2

#65 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:05 AM

I'm ok with Q doing the shipping and handling. Just want to find a good supplier and compare prices and quality offered. Worth finding out if there'll be any hazardous compounds used in the intermediate steps for the synthesis process. In the meantime we can start pooling in funds for the venture. To whom, I don't know.

https://groups.google.com/group/alt.drugs.chemistry/tree/browse_frm/month/2002-02/9622e1a815e7dc46?rnum=231&_done=/group/alt.drugs.chemistry/browse_frm/month/2002-02?&pli=1 has some inforamion about the chemicals involved in synthesizing PRL-8-53. Also the links to the patents were posted a while back in this tread.

-This is moslty what we are looking at right now-
1.) Decide on how to pull funds together from multiple parties
2.) Find a Supplier
3.) Find Participants
4.) Receiving, weighing, repacking and mailing Participants Chosen
5.) Testing Measures and safety precautions listed and gone over with all Participants
6.) Some means of testing effects on cognition (cambridgebrainsciences.com and/or quantified-mind.com would be good)

We defiantly will need a game plan for this. Above is just a general idea of.

#66 peakplasma

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:26 AM

The main problem with group buys is the collecting of the money necessary for it to happen. Which is why most group buys fail right at the start. Western Union has fees and so do bank wire transfers.

So, here me out, we could ask a moderator to set up a “donation program” in the donation tap of Longecity where participants of the group buy would send their money too. But too keep the logistics low we should have 20 maybe 40 participants in the group buy but for the sake of this post we will say 20 persons for now.

To make it worth Longevity’s worthwhile 5g will be $100. This will cover the cost of the PRL-8-53 plus shipping and then some. Recall $20(Initial gram)+$13x4g(additional grams)+$5(additional shipping cost)=$77. This means that $2000 would go into the “donation program”, when only about $1500 or less should be needed, and anything left would go to the community. Also it is worth mentioning that Longecity could, as a business, purchases PRL-8-53 and/or get ahold of suppliers that only deal with business. Plus we could have the supplier break the 100g into two packages sending one to the US and one the UK. Now this would not necessarily 50g and 50g per say; that is if 15 participants are in the UK than 75g would go there and the remaining 25g to the US. (This would help raise the odds of getting PRL-8-53. But we may choose a supplier in the UK or US which would be great). At the two location, US and UK, two participants would be responsible for weighing, repackaging and mailing out the samples. I would not mind having to be one of the two participants to repack and mail. Hate to put anyone on the spot like this, but I could message ScienceGuy and see if he would be willing to be the UK receiver. If anything he is already fallowing this tread seeing he did post in it a while back. Continuing, now money would have to be sent from the “donation program”, minus final cost of PRL-8-53, to the two receiver participants to repack and mail out the samples

Tell me what you guys think. It’s a bit sloppy but I hope it gets the point arose.

If we could get Longecity on board (with a little profit for the community) that would be excellent. It's a good plan.

P.S. I guess we're officially renaming it PRL-8-53? ;)

Edited by peakplasma, 20 March 2013 - 05:29 AM.

#67 abelard lindsay

• 873 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:31 AM

What exactly is the mechanism of action of this drug?

In contrast, the drug reported by us, PRL-8-53, has been shown to enhance the respose to acetylcholine, the response being quantititatively similar over a considerable dose range, excluding the likelihood of accidental overdosing. The compound may be taken orally, and it is active over a period of several hours. The drug is not a stimulant, andin the experimental animal toxicity appears only after it is given a dose more than one thousand times as large as the projected human dose. In summary, we now have a potentially useful drug that will boost a specific chemical system in the brain, the cholinergic system, and thereby improve our ability to recall, to retrieve information from a pre-existing information pool. Other important chemical effects have been attributed to this drug, but space does not permit us to cover the more detailed information here.

hmm.. an acetylcholine reponse stimulator.

Edited by abelard lindsay, 20 March 2013 - 05:34 AM.

#68 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:52 AM

Why would we need 100g? You won't find 20 people who'll put up $100 for an unknown compound. I think it's better to start it slow and go with 10g. At 5mg dose for 2 grams would last you around a a year and a half. Not sure about if Longecity would want to get into all the legalese that might be needed to make it work without liabilities.

#69 Krabby

• 69 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:04 AM

Sorry I’m late to the party.
I was just about to buy 250mg of the stuff from a supplier Q sent me.
Count me in.

(I also have around 35 suppliers, but it is likely that a lot of them are that same as Q's.)

Edited by Krabby, 20 March 2013 - 06:05 AM.

#70 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:20 AM

Count me in.

(I also have around 35 suppliers, but it is likely that a lot of them are that same as Q's.)

Please do a price comparison with Q for both 10g and 100g. At least if we dont find the funds for 100g, 10g could do.

#71 spookytooth

• 211 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

Count me in for 2 grams!

#72 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

I'd be very interested in this too, count me in.

#73 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

Wow!
1 copy-paste from a previously posted link and everyone wants to organise a group buy!
I get the impression that many members here are loth to venture away from Longecity into the Interweb-of-lies!? :)

Testing things like this is a large part of what Longecity is all about IMHO.
As such; perhaps facilitating group buys should be part of what Longecity does..?
That said; we are talking about a lot of work...

Sadly I am in South Africa; far away from everything/body.
Hugo aka: sciwalk http://www.longecity.../22197-sciwalk/ lives in Hong Kong and has done a damn good job of distributing good Epitalon from a nearby lab.
Perhaps talk to him?

#74 Gerhard van Dieren

• Topic Starter
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Once the distributors have stood up I think it's time to start a new, more organized thread (I cant edit the original post, and its outdated). Where all nessecary links and info are provided. But untill then we need to establish a way to fund, purchase and distribute where we all can agree (especially the distributors) on. I'll just quickly sum up the options so far, and please correct me if I'm wrong.

Funding
By Paypal
Supplier
Still open for discussion, quantity will be between 10-100g (administered daily dosage is 5mg in study).
Also need to verify if supplier is not a rip-off.
Distributors
Commited Volunteers: Noone yet
Possible Volunteers: Q did it! (US), Gerhard van Dieren (EU)

I'm also tempted to add ScienceGuy to the list of possible volunteers, but I haven't seen his take on this project yet.

Price (still open for discussion)
Current estimation on a 100 gram buy-in, with about 25% of the funds being donated to Longecity.
$20 x (Gram) + 7$ Shipping Fee = Price
Participants (please mention the quantity)
Megatrone: ? gram
Gerhard van Dieren: 2 gram
izan82: ? gram
Peakplasma: 2 gram
Spookytooth: 2 gram
Krabby: ? gram
Major Legend: ? gram

Edited by Gerhard van Dieren, 20 March 2013 - 02:09 PM.

#75 peakplasma

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

Put me down for 2g for now but I might be interested in up to 5g. Also, PayPal is a must for me.

Edited by peakplasma, 20 March 2013 - 01:52 PM.

#76 Gerhard van Dieren

• Topic Starter
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

Put me down for 2g for now but I might be interested in up to 5g. Also, PayPal is a must for me.

Done, but Paypal is a must for me too - I can't imagine any alternative would be better but I could be wrong.

#77 lourdaud

• 516 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Sign me up!
Should be an interesting experiment.

#78 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

Count me in.

Please do a price comparison with Q for both 10g and 100g. At least if we dont find the funds for 100g, 10g could do.

We could go with Ark Pharm http://www.arkpharmi...AK-55207&falg=3. They have 1g for $280 but if we sent a request for a bulk purchase of 10g than the price per gram should go down a bit. But with just all UE of US based supplier they require purchases to be made through company. So if we could find someone to wire the funds to or Longecity, than this entity would have to be responsible for communicating with whatever company is chosen and placing the order.

Ark Pharm is a good company but there are many more we could go through. The first step in all this is choosing a supplier, amount needed, and how/what entity will place/handle the order.

If 10 grams is chosen than we could do either 250mg sample that’s 40 persons/shares at 50 doses or 500mg sample that’s 20 persons/shares at 100 doses.

But back to how/what entity will place/handle the order is their anyone here willing to be the business representative of this.

Once the distributors have stood up I think it's time to start a new, more organized thread (I cant edit the original post, and its outdated). Where all nessecary links and info are provided. But untill then we need to establish a way to fund, purchase and distribute where we all can agree (especially the distributors) on. I'll just quickly sum up the options so far, and please correct me if I'm wrong.

Funding
By Paypal
Supplier
Still open for discussion, quantity will be between 10-100g (administered daily dosage is 5mg in study).
Distributors

I'm also tempted to add ScienceGuy to the list of possible volunteers, but I haven't seen his take on this project yet.

Current estimation on a 100 gram buy-in, with about 25% of the funds being donated to Longecity.

We could have the money transferred from PayPal accounts to a central PayPal account and the fees for this are relatively low.

#79 Kyle McGill

• 57 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

2 Grams for me pwease!

#80 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

Once we get every thing hashed out we defanitaly should start a new tread as stated before.

#81 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

2 grams I guess?

The paper sounds too good to be true...are you sure this isn't some kind of troll magazine from 1979? I wonder what the potential side effects of such a drug will be?

#82 Kyle McGill

• 57 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

Hopefully a dog-like sense of smell, and whiskers.

#83 Izan

• 387 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

Funding
By Paypal
Supplier
Distributors

2 grams please! 2 grams is enough for 400 days of powerful memory enhancing pleasure! one sngle dose of this cured a person with amnesia instantly. i truly hope the source is legit.
  • dislike x 1

#84 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

No this makes complete sense, I am actually located in Hong Kong now so I can't be the receiver. I am happier to pay a much higher shipping cost of course.

However in the future if there is anything that is more conveniently done in Hong Kong, I'd be happy to help when I can.

Edited by Major Legend, 20 March 2013 - 05:18 PM.

#85 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

ScienceGuy has been offline for some time but sent him a message anyway.

No this makes complete sense, I am actually located in Hong Kong now so I can't be the receiver. I am happier to pay a much higher shipping cost of course.

However in the future if there is anything that is more conveniently done in Hong Kong, I'd be happy to help when I can.

To do this we will have to get a hold of a Moderator to see if this is at all plausible.

Lonegcity did fund some stuff for c60, if i recall correctly, but it was for rodent consumption not human.

Attached Files

#86 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

Yea, sign me up for 2 grams ;)

#87 Colli

• 59 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

2 teams for me too.

Sorry, that should have been 2 grams - damn autocorrect!

#88 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Someone should contact maniac_racteam. He has some trusterd suppliers he's used from China in the past. I'd still look around for some suppliers and make some posts on lookchem and alibaba.

#89 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

Here is a quote I got from posting on alibaba yesterday: check it out:

Dear John,

Thanks for your enquiry.

Please find the details with offer as follows:

Product:Benzoic acid, 3-(2-(methyl(phenylmethyl)amino)ethyl)-, methyl ester, hydrochloride
CAS No:51352-87-5
Packing:10g/bottle or as the requirement of customer
Delivery Time:within 3 days after your confirmation
Transportation:By DHL
Lead Time:3-5 days
Validity of this quotation:30 days
FOB Price:USD180/10G
We,China Ichemical Group Co,.Ltd is specialized in exporting chemical products for several years,and has gained a good reputation for our good quality and competitive price,excellent Q.C process and swift shipment

Looking forward to your further reply.
Thanks & Regards,

Ella

Sales Department
International Business Branch
China IChemical Group Co,.Limited
Add:Maishou International Building,Da Gu Road,Hexi District,Tianjin,China

Tel:+86-022-26760080
Fax:+86-022-26760090
Mail:ella@china-ichemical.com

Some other quotes:

[font='\][font='\]D[/font][font='Dotum']ear [/font][font='\]firend ,[/font][font='Times New Roman'] [/font][/font]

[font='\][font='Dotum']Glad to know that you are interested in chemicals (CAS:[/font][font='\]51352-87-5)[/font][font='Dotum'].[/font][font='\] [/font][/font]

[font='\][font='Dotum']please check the offer:[/font][font='Dotum'] [/font][/font]

[font='\][font='\]1.P[/font][font='Dotum']roduce:(Benzoic acid, 3-(2-(methyl(phenylmethyl)amino)ethyl)-, methyl ester, hydrochloride )[/font][font='Times New Roman'] [/font][/font]

[font='\][font='\]2.[/font][font='Dotum']CAS:51352-87-5 [/font][font='Times New Roman'] [/font][/font]

[font='\][font='\]3.[/font][font='Dotum']Quantity:10g[/font][font='Times New Roman'] [/font][/font]

[font='\][font='\]4.[/font][font='Dotum']Price:USD[/font][font='Times New Roman'] 300 [/font][/font]

[font='\][font='\]5.[/font][font='Dotum']Purity: 99%[/font][font='Dotum'] [/font][/font]

[font='\][font='\]6.[/font][font='Dotum']Packing: as your order[/font][font='Dotum'] [/font][/font]

[font='\][font='\]7.[/font][font='Dotum']Payment Item: T/T 100% advance[/font][font='Times New Roman'] [/font][/font]

[font='\][font='Dotum']If you have any question ,please fell free to contact me.[/font][font='Times New Roman'] [/font][font='Times New Roman'] [/font][/font]

[font='\][font='Dotum']Jane[/font][font='Times New Roman'] [/font][font='Times New Roman'] [/font][/font]

----------------------------
> E-mail:jane@zerunchem.com>
TEL:+86-311-6726 3320
> Skype:janejane9003
> Company:Shijiazhuang Zerun Chemicals Co.,Ltd
> ADD: Room 1201,Building No 5,Tianzijiali district,Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province, China

Dear Sir or Madam:
Nice day,
Hope everything is fine and ok with your work and family.
we can be your best suppliers and friends
below is our products and price information FYI
Name:Benzoic acid, 3-(2-(methyl(phenylmethyl)amino)ethyl)-, methyl ester, hydrochloride
Purity:98.0% min
Quantity:10 g
Pirce:USD 300 With shipment to your location
Payment: wire transfer by bank
Delivery time: within1-2 days after the receipt of your payment,
you can take the goods wtihin 3-5 days after shipment of goods

Looking forward to your fast response.

P.S
Bank information for you
BANK NAME: SHENZHEN DEVELOPMENT BANK CO.,LTD
ADD.:11/F, NO.5047, ROAD SHENNAN DONG, SHENZHEN P.R.CHINA
SWIFT BIC: SZDBCNBS
COMPANY NAME: JINJIN ENTERPRISE CO.,LTD
A/C: OSA11013613011601
Remarks: Pls type my company name in full and confirming right account NO. if you would pay for it.

Thanks and Best Regards
Kim
Business Manager
JINJIN ENTERPRISE CO.,LTD

ADD: # 1266 Zhang East RD. Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park, Pudong New Area, Shanghai,China P.C.:201203
Working Hours: From Monday to Friday 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM(Bei jingTime)

[font="Verdana"]Dear John,[/font]
[font='\] [/font]
[font='Verdana']Thanks for ur reading, wishing u have a nice day ......[/font]
[font='\] [/font]
[font=Verdana]As far as know, u are interested in [/font][font="Verdana"]--CAS 51352-87-5--[/font][font=Verdana][/font][font="Verdana"]Benzoic acid, 3-(2-(methyl(phenylmethyl)amino)ethyl)-, methyl ester, hydrochloride[/font][font="Verdana"]. Now here is an offer :[/font]
[font='\] [/font]
[font='Verdana']---- Price : CIF USA, USD 470/10g[/font]
[font='Verdana']---- Package : [/font][font='Verdana']10g/bottle [/font]
[font='Verdana']---- Price Validity : 15 days[/font]
[font='Verdana']---- Time to reach USA :3-4 days[/font]
[font='Verdana']---- Delivery Time : Within 3 days after ur payment [/font]
[font='\] [/font]
[font='Verdana']If u have interest, pls contact me ASAP for more development.[/font]
[font='\] [/font]
[font='Verdana']Waiting for ur reply .......[/font]
[font='\] [/font]
[font='Verdana']Best regards & Thanks[/font]
[font='\] [/font]
[font='Verdana']Apple Lee[/font]
[font='\] [/font]
[font='Verdana']Handan Yushuo Chemical Co., Ltd.[/font]
[font='Verdana']TEL :[/font][font='Verdana'] 86-0310-3231889[/font]
[font='Verdana']FAX :[/font][font='Verdana'] 86-0310-3231889[/font]
[font='Verdana']MSN :[/font][font='Verdana'] [/font][font='Verdana']xiami1393@live.cn[/font]
[font='Verdana']Skype :[/font][font='Verdana'] shirley13931[/font]
[font='Verdana']E-mail :[/font][font='Verdana'] [/font][font='Verdana']apple@yushuochem.com[/font]
[font='Verdana']Website :[/font][font='Verdana'] [/font][font='Verdana']www.chempriceys.com[/font][font='Verdana']ADD. :[/font][font='Verdana'] NO. 2, Unit 4, Building 1, No. 14 Maoyi Road, Hanshan District Hand

[/font]

Dear John,
Glad to know you are in the market of Benzoic acid, 3-(2-(methyl(phenylmethyl)amino)ethyl)-, methyl ester, hydrochloride-,it is our pleasure to supply it for you.We are Handan Yushuo Chemical Co., Ltd ,we can manufacturer the product with good quality and competetive price.

My quotation is as follows:
Unit Price: USD470/10g sample(including freight)
Purity: >98%
Packing: 10g/bottle
Payment: T/T

Please feel free to contact me! Your soon reply will be appreciated!

Best Regards,

Carrie
MSN: 2012xhndnxxhzjdmz@msn.cn
Email: abc369@yushuochem.com
Tel: +86-310-3231889
Company: Handan Yushuo Chemical Co.,Ltd

Sorry the font got all sqrewd up.

Edited by redan, 20 March 2013 - 09:30 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#90 waitwhatthe

• 21 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

In for 2 grams. This stuff sounds awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users