• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 13 votes

PRL-8-53; was: PRL 8-147: The Most Powerful Memory Enhancer?

• Please log in to reply
1725 replies to this topic

#1681 Babychris

• 466 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

I had 8 "dislikes" for the same comment, I really don't understand how those people claim the use of nootropics and are so unrigourous, they look like propaganda druged people that switch from a substance to an other in the hope to find something magic huh. It's becoming more a retailer place where people freely invite you to come buy the new imperialus theriacus (sorry if I create some new words..)
  • like x 5
  • dislike x 4

#1682 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:14 PM

I really don't understand how those people claim the use of nootropics and are so unrigourous, they look like propaganda druged people that switch from a substance to an other in the hope to find something magic

Actually I'm very interested in PRL-8-53 and wanted to read as many experience reports as possible before buying. I've seen enough that I'm placing an order for a gram to test, so I guess I'm one of those who is hoping to find some magic! ;)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1683 chemicalambrosia

• 393 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:48 AM

I came to this thread hoping to read about PRL-8-53 and I did find a few experience reports but unfortunately this "main thread for PRL-8-53" consists mostly of endless discussion about a group buy. My reason for bitching about this is to suggest that group buy threads should exist separately from "main threads."

56 pages --- approaching 1700 comments!!! --- and most of it is utterly useless. Doesn't this call for a change in the way we utilize and organize this forum?

Yes. In the future separate threads should be made and someone should get a moderator to move off topic posts to the appropriate thread. Having separate general threads, experience report threads, and group buy threads is good general practice. However, things are always going to get a little off topic, but it is better to have those off topic posts spread in several threads so there is less to wade through to find what you are looking for.
  • like x 4
  • dislike x 1

#1684 Sciencyst

• 272 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:40 AM

Yes can we please please please strictly separate GROUP BUY discussion and EXPERIENCE DISCUSSION? This should be a new initiative to help organize information better, and its important that people can easily access information about new chemicals such as these without having to go digging through threads like this
  • like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#1685 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:24 PM

I absolutely agree. In fact, I actually think that there should be an an entirely different area of the forum dedicated to Group Buys, just like the Retailer section, and that is where any and all Group Buy related discussion should occur. ;)

The issue in this particular instance is that the Group Buy discussion began within this thread long before I became involved with the Group Buy; and then it became illogical to split it off into a separate thread, and certainly now when the Group Buy is 99.9% done :)
  • like x 3

#1686 mf6lol5

• 25 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:19 PM

Can anyone confirm the results from this drug are positive ?

#1687 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:44 PM

Can anyone confirm the results from this drug are positive ?

The vast majority anecdotes are positive.

#1688 Babychris

• 466 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:10 PM

I cannot totally discriminate the effect of the PRL from those of the coluracetam, but it seems to add something good, definitely it seems not harming, it dont puts me into a brain fogged state as most of nootropics could. As an Indication I'm a very bad responder to aniracetam and very good to oxiracetam. I'm still mitigate about sunifiram, and I seem to like coluracetam.. For information I achieved for the first time Dual-5-back I know there is absolutely nothing extraordinary about that but that's a little step for my poor brain (certainly corrupted by so much external stimulus)

Edited by Babychris, 17 February 2014 - 11:11 PM.

#1689 mf6lol5

• 25 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:29 AM

Thanks for the input Chris! So I hear that it has some minor positive effects, with nothing major or life changing. Can anyone confirm this? Just to point out that if such claims of this drug were true then you would have easily been able to achieve 13 dual n back. Just saying. This thread really needs some life as this substance may or may not be a complete hoax

#1690 stponky

• 60 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:03 AM

It wears off fast. It took it for a week but after 2-3 days I got nothing from it. I still have some. Maybe I will try it again and see if it can help for a day or two.

#1691 Mr. Pink

• 226 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:09 AM

Thanks for the input Chris! So I hear that it has some minor positive effects, with nothing major or life changing. Can anyone confirm this? Just to point out that if such claims of this drug were true then you would have easily been able to achieve 13 dual n back. Just saying. This thread really needs some life as this substance may or may not be a complete hoax

the one study that we are going off of said that after giving 5mgs one time, people were able to remember more words when they were shown a list of words and then asked about it the next day. so this is good for long term memory, not n-backing.

#1692 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

UPDATE:

Hi Everyone,

I have now taken the REFUNDS for the PRL-5-83 Group Buy as far as I can.

All CONFIRMED PAID PARTICIPANTS have now received their refunds via PAYPAL with the following exceptions:

TheRockst4r
Krabby
Wu Hang
autopilot
thegodsmustbecrazy
mait
kevinseven11

These individuals have failed to respond to my repeated requests that they PM me their PAYPAL EMAIL ADDRESS needed in order to pay them their refund.

Further to this, yet even more individuals have within the past couple of days come forward claiming to be PAID PARTICIPANTS in this Group Buy. This includes: Yadayada and Damned Owl. The reason you have not received your refund is because you are not listed on any of the spreadsheet lists that I was provided by Q DID IT! or SUNSHINEFROST, who are the individuals responsible for collecting the funds… :|?

Furthermore, I have not in fact received payment of all of the funds from those two individuals, specifically I am still owed circa $1400 by one or other or both of them... however, despite my requests I have still not received confirmation with respect to who exactly has the missing money or when I would receive payment of it. :sleep:

In short, I regret to say that this has been an organizational disaster... Not only was I provided with considerably incomplete lists of participants across multiple spreadsheets, but I have not been paid all the funds... The organizational disarray coupled with the fact that people are still coming forward has become an intolerable drain on the already insufficient free time that I have available. Consequently, this is where it makes sense and in fact I have no choice but to hand over the responsibility of completing the remainder of the refunds to the persons who actually have the money, namely SUNSHINEFROST and Q DID IT!, therefore please direct all your PMs to those individuals with respect to this matter from now on. ;)

Edited by ScienceGuy, 19 February 2014 - 01:51 PM.

#1693 DamnedOwl

• 120 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:36 PM

I'll chase the matter up with Q did it! and sunshinefrost.

However, let it be noted that my conscience is clear; I indeed AM a paid participant of this Group Buy - certainly $90 was paid over from my PayPal account on 27th August last year to attest to this fact. Why I should not appear on any list of participants I do not know. I would also like to point out that I did not in fact come forward only "within the past couple of days", but did actually forward to ScienceGuy within 30 minutes of his request for participants to forward him their PayPal email address and amount paid (post #1595 of this thread).

Nevertheless, it is abundantly clear to me that since ScienceGuy himself is now short of a considerable sum of money then any obligation he previously felt for providing further refunds himself is now well and truly over, and as said I'll chase the matter up with Q did it! and sunshinefrost.

#1694 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:40 PM

lol yada
  • like x 4
  • dislike x 1

#1695 chemicalambrosia

• 393 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:33 AM

18 PARTICIPANTS have so far failed to provide me with their PAYPAL EMAIL ADDRESS via PM, which I need to be able to provide the refunds. These are as follows:

cATsE, jrmp, TheRockst4r, Krabby, Wu Hang, autopilot, thegodsmustbecrazy, Jeremy Paul Stiles, mait, kevinseven11, FrankMH, stponky, seabreeze, redan, paul, Baloudk, PWAIN, and Sunshinefrost.

Please can you all kindly PM me your PAYPAL EMAIL ADDRESS which I need in order to provide you with your refund! ;)

Further to this, yet even more individuals have within the past couple of days come forward claiming to be PAID PARTICIPANTS in this Group Buy. This includes: Yadayada and Damned Owl. The reason you have not received your refund is because you are not listed on any of the spreadsheet lists that I was provided by Q DID IT! or SUNSHINEFROST, who are the individuals responsible for collecting the funds… :|?

Yada Yada's user name used to be Redan, so he is on Scienceguy's list. Apparently he hasn't been able to figure out that he should claim the refund under his old name... probably still stressed out from the BPAP group buy.

#1696 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:00 PM

UPDATE:

Hi Everyone,

Just to confirm that thanks to Q DID IT! we have succeeded in locating the 'missing' funds wherein I am pleased to report that all the funds are accounted for and so there was most certainly no funny business going on here... in short, the issue was that the total funds were divided across both three different quantities and two different individuals; however, I am pleased to confirm that all is in fact present and correct and hence all remaining refunds can and will be issued by Q DID IT! and/or SUNSHINEFROST, who I would very much like to thank for their help is sorting out this mess of a situation! ;)

Therefore, to confirm, I have myself already taken care of issuing all PARTICIPANTS with their refunds except for (only) the following CONFIRMED PAID PARTICIPANTS who are still yet to be provided each with their refund:

TheRockst4r
Krabby
Wu Hang
autopilot
thegodsmustbecrazy
mait
kevinseven11
Yadayada (a.k.a. Redan)
Damned Owl

:)

Edited by ScienceGuy, 21 February 2014 - 01:51 PM.

• like x 2

#1697 DamnedOwl

• 120 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:55 PM

Thanks to ScienceGuy, Q did it!, and sunshinefrost for sorting all this out. Much appreciated.

Hopefully we've all learned a thing or two about how best to go about group buys in the future. I just hope everyone's enthusiasm for them hasn't been dampened too much? ;)
  • like x 1

#1698 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:39 AM

I have posted this HERE as firstly this is where I consider it to be appropriate; secondly, as I am no longer involved in the refund process; and thirdly, since I was not in fact party to the communication referred to and hence I am unable to comment anyway: ;)

Q did it! said he wants me to take the hit, I don't understand. Am I getting the refund or not... Sry for the hassle. Just clarification.

#1699 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:47 AM

Small update: Dr Hansl took his PRL-8-147 until he had no left, he then didn't have the laboratory to make new.
  • like x 2

#1700 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:57 PM

Small update: Dr Hansl took his PRL-8-147 until he had no left, he then didn't have the laboratory to make new.

Was it PRL 8-53 or 8-147? Please clarify

#1701 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:06 AM

Same chemical, different names.
  • dislike x 2
  • Disagree x 1

#1702 p3x888

• 133 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:10 AM

I don't think that is the case. Aren't they completely different compounds?
  • like x 1

#1703 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

Some background: I've earlier said that Dr. Hansl used PRL-8-53 until his death, someone wondered why he didn't take 8-147 instead.

So just got the info that he did indeed take 8-147 until he ran out and lacked a lab to make more. So he has used both, 8-147 until he ran out, 8-53 until he died.

Two different chems, Hansl said 8-147 was a more potent version of 8-53.

We don't really know structure, but they should be related structure wise, but they are different compounds.
  • like x 1

#1704 Wu Hang

• 71 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 02:22 AM

UPDATE:

Hi Everyone,

Just to confirm that thanks to Q DID IT! we have succeeded in locating the 'missing' funds wherein I am pleased to report that all the funds are accounted for and so there was most certainly no funny business going on here... in short, the issue was that the total funds were divided across both three different quantities and two different individuals; however, I am pleased to confirm that all is in fact present and correct and hence all remaining refunds can and will be issued by Q DID IT! and/or SUNSHINEFROST, who I would very much like to thank for their help is sorting out this mess of a situation! ;)

Therefore, to confirm, I have myself already taken care of issuing all PARTICIPANTS with their refunds except for (only) the following CONFIRMED PAID PARTICIPANTS who are still yet to be provided each with their refund:

TheRockst4r
Krabby
Wu Hang
autopilot
thegodsmustbecrazy
mait
kevinseven11
Yadayada (a.k.a. Redan)
Damned Owl

:)

Hi science guy, I would like to claim for my refund. I have PMed you my email address, I have been really busy lately and therefore I haven't seen the post, but if you are going to issue the refund please issue to the paypal address I PMed you with.

Regards
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#1705 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:05 AM

UPDATE:

Hi Everyone,

Just to confirm that thanks to Q DID IT! we have succeeded in locating the 'missing' funds wherein I am pleased to report that all the funds are accounted for and so there was most certainly no funny business going on here... in short, the issue was that the total funds were divided across both three different quantities and two different individuals; however, I am pleased to confirm that all is in fact present and correct and hence all remaining refunds can and will be issued by Q DID IT! and/or SUNSHINEFROST...

Hi science guy, I would like to claim for my refund. I have PMed you my email address, I have been really busy lately and therefore I haven't seen the post, but if you are going to issue the refund please issue to the paypal address I PMed you with.

Regards

Hi WU HANG,

Due to time constraints I am no longer involved in this... please kindly contact Q DID IT! ;)

#1706 VERITAS INCORRUPTUS

• 257 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

Some background: I've earlier said that Dr. Hansl used PRL-8-53 until his death, someone wondered why he didn't take 8-147 instead.

So just got the info that he did indeed take 8-147 until he ran out and lacked a lab to make more. So he has used both, 8-147 until he ran out, 8-53 until he died.

Two different chems, Hansl said 8-147 was a more potent version of 8-53.

We don't really know structure, but they should be related structure wise, but they are different compounds.

Is there any information at all relating any inferences to the structure of 8-147?
TYIA

#1707 Maxpower

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:27 AM

Are there any updates on reliable suppliers for PRL 8-53? I see New Star Nootropics had it in their list but are currently out of stock.

Any updates on experiences with PRL 8-53?

#1708 lexnaevtreymqupquxtewmubrr

• 11 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:49 AM

Max, nootropicsdepot has it

I've had some fairly deep and inspiriting thoughts while administering it and I intuit some potential with this one... although I feel no major progress will be had without substantial devotion, meditation and probing of the mind. Being a reliable 9 to 5'er with limited play time is heartbreaking :sleep:

#1709 boff

• 40 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:50 PM

Being a reliable 9 to 5'er with limited play time is heartbreaking :sleep:

Oh brother, I just read that and had to respond.

I feel what you say big time brother. I have wife, kids, job, bla bla. And an experimental nature that doesn't always 'gel' with my 'responsibilities'.

For the most though, I've enjoyed the effects of prl-8-53, nothing mind-blowing. Just a decent midday booster.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1710 thomascrown

• 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:58 AM

Sorry, I know this sort of questions are not liked here very much.

But it is such a pain in the a** to scroll through countless posts regarding group buys, seller discussions and stuff like that if you´re just on a search for the correct dosage information.

Would someone please tell me how much of the substance should be right for a initial dose and how much I could go afterwards safely?

Also some information regarding the interplay with other substances (especially: Sunifiram, Oxiracetam, Fasoracetam) would be nice

Sorry and thanks in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users