Olive oil

olive oil c60

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:46 AM

When anayzing Baati et al it was clearly said everywhere that the olive oli result in itself should not be fogotten.

Appearently the oldest current man in the USA, aged 111 and looking very healthy, has a vegan diet and counts especially on... olive oil!
http://www.abc15.com...ts-to-longevity

Is all this inspired from Jean Calment's strong use of olive oil? Or is it coincidence? Or is olive oil indeed extraordinary?

#2 AgeVivo

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Engineer
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 10:30 AM

Appearently the oldest current man in the USA, aged 111 and looking very healthy, has a vegan diet and counts especially on... olive oil!
http://www.abc15.com...ts-to-longevity

Is all this inspired from Jean Calment

Hmm.. yes I read from GRG that it is a hoax (the man has changed birth dates and stories several times...)

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

Olive oil enhances longevity. Take a look at this post, regarding olive oil consumption and mortality in the Spanish cohort of the EPIC study.
  • like x 1

#4 JohnD60

• 540 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:12 AM

I am inclined to believe those that think he is a fake, or that he was born in 1910, thus he would be 'only' 102 now. he still looks real good in that video for even 'only' 102. It would not even surprise me if he was really only about 90, and that he just assumed his father's identity to collect social security or some other retirement benefit. I am just a skeptic, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, said evidence seems to be lacking here, having been born in Brazil dilutes his credibility in my eyes. fwiw, he is not on the wiki list of verified oldest living people, even though he is old enough to qualify at around 50th (4th oldest living man), nor is he listed as the oldest living man in the U.S. even though he would qualify.

#5 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:36 AM

Here's posts by somebody that researched it and tried to debunk it as a hoax but couldn't disprove it. They appeared to put a lot of energy into it. They did speculate that he could have been born in 1910 instead of 1901...and if so....he still looks, acts, and talks fantastic for "only" 102. If he is "only" 102, he certainly looks like he could make 111. He looks, acts, and talks better than most that make it to 75 or 80. The research this person did is interesting.

Personally, anybody claiming to be over 100 is speculative anyway as records are just not that good from way back. It's already been shown that many Okinawans have fudged their age and I would consider anything coming out of Japan suspect (where many supposed centenarians live).

http://z3.invisionfr...ub/ar/t1920.htm

http://en.wikipedia....ernando_LaPallo

#6 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:09 AM

Personally, anybody claiming to be over 100 is speculative anyway as records are just not that good from way back.

I wouldn't say so, having done a lot of genealogical research. There are pretty solid birth, marriage, and death records on tons of people in the US and EU. (these are areas I'm familiar with) The US census, military, and social security system provide a lot of data on Americans. I have a bunch of relatives who would be over a hundred today if they hadn't kicked the bucket at various points in their nineties, and I know exactly when they were born.

#7 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 02:42 AM

Personally, anybody claiming to be over 100 is speculative anyway as records are just not that good from way back.

I wouldn't say so, having done a lot of genealogical research. There are pretty solid birth, marriage, and death records on tons of people in the US and EU. (these are areas I'm familiar with) The US census, military, and social security system provide a lot of data on Americans. I have a bunch of relatives who would be over a hundred today if they hadn't kicked the bucket at various points in their nineties, and I know exactly when they were born.

True...but a lot of those records could be wrong. People lie about their age for many reasons. It's known that in the past, people lied about age to get married and join military service, and as such, those records can and have been wrong. Back then, they took everybody at their word....and if they lied (which occurred) ...then the records are reflected as such. And if the records were that complete and unblemished, then there would be no questions on any of this...but that is seldom the case. I haven't done any genealogical research but I believe some of that comes from what was written in the back cover of great grandmother's bible...and has to be taken with a grain of salt too. You can uncover a lot....providing the records are factual and nobody lied at any point in time...but that is not always the case. And this is without considering mistakes made in hand written record keeping. Example, even in present time, is the hoopla over President Obama's controversial birth certificate. And there have been people that have changed their identity for various reasons since almost the beginning of time. It's just not always 100%.

#8 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:12 AM

It's very hard to lie about a kid's age by much, because it would be obvious that they weren't ten years older than they really are. If you find a birth record in a hand written parish record in a European church, that's a pretty solid piece of data. You could still have someone adopting a different person's identity, and other weird shit like that, but the data is not all crap. Most of it is right. At this point, only crazy people are concerned about Obama's birth certificate. There was a point in time when one didn't have to be crazy to worry about it, one just had to have flawed judgment.

#9 g-5

• 10 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

I have 3 different Virgin oils to choose: yellow, green transparent and green more turbid, milky
Which is better?

#10 g-5

• 10 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:52 AM

Anyone ?

#11 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

I have 3 different Virgin oils to choose: yellow, green transparent and green more turbid, milky
Which is better?

Depends what you are planning on doing with it, and what outcome you're looking for. I'll guess that you're going to add c60 to it, in which case I'd probably go with the yellow transparent one so you can see what's happening more easily. If I'm on the right track and you are in fact making a batch of c60-oo, crush the granules of c60 before you put them in. It will speed things up by a lot.

OTOH, if you are looking for the best oil to use on salads, vegetables, or bread, I'd go with the one that tastes best. If you are considering it as a life extension agent, then you probably want the one that tastes worst, since it would probably be highest in polyphenols. Just make sure it isn't rancid...

#12 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

Which is better?

I wouldn't go by color. First of all I'd pick an extra virgin oil packaged correctly, in a dark colored bottle. These are typically green or amber glass. Then I'd pick one that was organic, if you can find it, and deaerated. California Olive Ranch didn't generate bubbles under a vacuum, so it was probably deaerated. Also, California Olive Ranch wasn't found to be mislabeled, like many oils. See the following UC-Davis report where most oils labeled extra virgin actually aren't. Scroll down to Table 3 (on page 8 or 10).

http://olivecenter.u...nal 071410 .pdf

Edited by Turnbuckle, 25 November 2012 - 01:28 PM.

• like x 3

#13 somecallmetim

• 59 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

Since my mother in law is a Costco member, I asked her if she could pick me up a bottle of the Kirkland Organic EVOO, because it was rated fairly high. She ended up getting me a bottle of Filippo Berio organic EVOO - either instead or by mistake - I didn't ask. I don't think I will try this brand again, because the C60 doesn't dissolve well in it - even when it was crushed first.

#14 motorcitykid

• 276 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:14 AM

Would someone out there making the rat kits consider using EVOO from Spain to formulate the C60? According to Dr. Perricone, it contains higher levels of hydroxytyrosol.

Hydroxytyrosol promotes mitochondrial biogenesis:

http://flipper.diff....items/info/4333

#15 motorcitykid

• 276 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:21 AM

Hydroxytyrosol promotes mitochondrial biogenesis:

http://unit.xjtu.edu...2009-7-27/1.pdf

#16 trance

• 335 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

You'd do best by buying olive oil from Kirkland, McEvoy Ranch, or Bariani based on polyphenol content. If you take a swig of either you'll get a slight burning peppery throat sensation, usually indicative of the phenol content.

Many of the "extra virgin" import oils aren't.

See the report Turnbuckle referenced above for olive oil quality & tested polyphenol content (table 3):

http://olivecenter.u...nal 071410 .pdf

Edited by trance, 30 December 2012 - 02:38 AM.

#17 motorcitykid

• 276 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

Unfortunately, Spectrum Spanish EVOO(my olive oil of choice) was not tested (sigh). Until Spectrum proves itself, I'll be switching to one of the proven few..

Much thanks for that info trance!!

#18 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

Unfortunately, Spectrum Spanish EVOO(my olive oil of choice) was not tested (sigh). Until Spectrum proves itself, I'll be switching to one of the proven few..

Much thanks for that info trance!!

I wouldn't put too much stock in those tests unless you live in the areas they sampled. They picked off-the-shelf in stores located in San Francisco, LA, and Sacramento. I think their analysis says more about how a warm-climate vendor's inventory and storage practices impact the quality of the ultimate product. If a North-East-Coast US user gets product imported from Europe or North Africa, spoilage and degradation would most likely be lessened compared to off-the-shelf in California. Also, the Baati study used North African olive oil which has a region-unique chemical profile, as do oils from other regions.

Early-harvest Bariani olive oil which I order direct from cultivar in California is one of my personal taste favorites. But my wife balked when I mixed it with c60. Because the prized peppery finish burned the back of her throat when swallowed in c60/oo mix quantities. So I've switched to a late harvest Tunisian evoo supplied by Botticelli which has a more buttery finish. (I get it from Stop&Shop and have also seen it at Giant... the green can is the Tunisian.) Much easier going down. And visually looks just like the photos supplied to this forum by Baati.

Howard
  • dislike x 1

#19 trance

• 335 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

I'd agree to some extent, but they acknowledge that in their document that the end handling could have some bearing:

• oxidation by exposure to elevated temperatures, light, and/or aging;

And that wouldn't just be limited to stores local to this specific testing area. Mishandling or old stock could happen at any store at any location of course. If I buy olive oil off the store shelf, I always look for the freshest date, dark glass bottles, and the one bottle in the back, dark, recess of the current front shelfed stock.

The report also highlights:

• adulteration with cheaper refined olive oil

• poor quality oil made from damaged and overripe olives, processing flaws, and/or improper oil
storage.

I don't believe the local stores would have much control or influence over items 2 & 3, whereas the manufacturer & source of the bottling would.

These should be taken into consideration depending on any brand you buy; along with the fact that Corto Olive, California Olive Ranch, and the California Olive Council sponsered this study.

#20 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

I buy California Olive Ranch olive oil. It's local, harvest dated and tastes great. There is no way to know how long most olive oils have been sitting in a warehouse or on a store shelf. The current batch was harvested in November 2011, the new batch should be available in late spring.

#21 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Harvest dating is a great practice. I wish more companies did it. I've been getting 'The Village Press' olive oil from New Zealand; they stamp the pressing date on their product.

#22 motorcitykid

• 276 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

20 gr of this particular brand of Greek Evo offers 5.9 mg of hydroxytyrosol. Very low acidity @ .24%. the olives are picked from November to February:

http://www.oliveoilt...tros-polyphenol

Can be purchased here:

http://www.greek-del...ta=1214&lang=en

#23 motorcitykid

• 276 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

I purchased a 100ml bottle of C60 through a vendor. I feel that the olive oil used in the preparation could be of a higher grade, being that, the C60 evo didn't have much of a bite to it(I drank it straight up). I've been drinking evoo straight up for years and I can immediately tell which ones are loaded with goodies. Even though many of the imported evo's are not as wonderful as we all thought(thanks again for that link Trance),Spectrum brand of Spanish evoo still passes the taste test for me.It has a pronounced bite to it. I will be sampling some other evo's, I just ordered a few bottles of Mcevoy because of the high polyphenol content measured in the evo evaluation.

Q:How long would I have to stir the lesser quality, flat tasting C60olive oil with one of the higher grade evoo's in order for the mixture to form a covalent bond and thereby a stronger formula? A few minutes or a few weeks? I'm hoping to get more polyphenols in the game. Would someone be kind enough to offer me some direction before my next gulp of oil?

#24 trance

• 335 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:57 AM

Q:How long would I have to stir the lesser quality, flat tasting C60olive oil with one of the higher grade evoo's in order for the mixture to form a covalent bond and thereby a stronger formula? A few minutes or a few weeks? I'm hoping to get more polyphenols in the game. Would someone be kind enough to offer me some direction before my next gulp of oil?

Rather than greatly diluting the product you already bought, and which is probably already adducted anyway, you would best be served to take your own "superior" extra virgin olive oil, and add finely mortar-ground C60 to it.

About 400mg C60 in your 500ml bottle of McEvoy, or any high grade olive oil of your choice. Then shake it a few times each day for the next 2-3 weeks, and you should be all set.

You can get the C60 at SES Research, either the 99.9% or 99.95%. https://sesres.com/Fullerene.asp (Grind it finely in a small steel mortar first, and add to your olive oil.)

You'll find much more great information from everyone in the other C60oo threads.
  • like x 1

#25 YOLF

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

So, of the studies using only olive oil to extend life, how many rats were used? Did they use Wistar rats or another? (I think Wistars come from a research facility called Wistar in Philly BTW)

#26 motorcitykid

• 276 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

Rather than greatly diluting the product you already bought, and which is probably already adducted anyway, you would best be served to take your own "superior" extra virgin olive oil, and add finely mortar-ground C60 to it.

About 400mg C60 in your 500ml bottle of McEvoy, or any high grade olive oil of your choice. Then shake it a few times each day for the next 2-3 weeks, and you should be all set.

You can get the C60 at SES Research, either the 99.9% or 99.95%. https://sesres.com/Fullerene.asp (Grind it finely in a small steel mortar first, and add to your olive oil.)

You'll find much more great information from everyone in the other C60oo threads.

What about the undissolved particles floating around from skipping the centrifuging process? Could I pour the C60evo through a coffee filter? Also, should I be concerned about the C60 not being stirred continuously as they did in the rat study?

#27 trance

• 335 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

Using the mortar to grind it into a more fine powder has solved the necessity of having to centrifuge or filter it -- unless you just want to, and have the equipment to do so. Any undissolved C60, if there is any, will settle to the bottom if you leave the bottle sitting undisturbed for a day or two. At the ratio above, I've had no undissolved C60 floating around in my bottles after a few weeks of just shaking it a few times each day. But I'll still toss away the bottom 1/4 inch of the olive oil in case there's any undissolved solids there. I get the same red-brown color as the vendor's bottles.

#28 motorcitykid

• 276 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

Another gem from California, robust, peppery finish, acidity level tested at .31pct:

http://www.coppettio....com/About.html

#29 motorcitykid

• 276 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

Using the mortar to grind it into a more fine powder has solved the necessity of having to centrifuge or filter it -- unless you just want to, and have the equipment to do so. Any undissolved C60, if there is any, will settle to the bottom if you leave the bottle sitting undisturbed for a day or two. At the ratio above, I've had no undissolved C60 floating around in my bottles after a few weeks of just shaking it a few times each day. But I'll still toss away the bottom 1/4 inch of the olive oil in case there's any undissolved solids there. I get the same red-brown color as the vendor's bottles.

Ok,so..it doesn't need to be stirred around the clock exactly like they did in the rat study. Thanks for taking the time to explain the home preparation method to me.

#30 motorcitykid

• 276 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

So, of the studies using only olive oil to extend life, how many rats were used? Did they use Wistar rats or another? (I think Wistars come from a research facility called Wistar in Philly BTW)

Check here for info:
http://www.fightagin...erene-study.php

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: olive, oil, c60

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users