* * * * * 4 votes

C60 Surprises - Anecdotes Of Unique Health Benefits

c60 cure solution remedy therapy improvement

• Please log in to reply
1023 replies to this topic

#391 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:44 PM

With all the talk of hair growth, it's probably time to repost this work from Luna Nanoworks:

Nanomedicine. 2009 Jun;5(2):202-7. doi: 10.1016/j.nano.2008.09.005. Epub 2009 Feb 14.
Fullerene nanomaterials potentiate hair growth.
Zhou Z1, Lenk R, Dellinger A, MacFarland D, Kumar K, Wilson SR, Kepley CL.

1Luna nanoWorks, a division of Luna Innovations Incorporated, Danville, Virginia, USA.

Hair loss is a common symptom resulting from a wide range of disease processes and can lead to stress in affected individuals. The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of fullerene nanomaterials on hair growth. We used shaved mice as well as SKH-1 "bald" mice to determine if fullerene-based compounds could affect hair growth and hair follicle numbers. In shaved mice, fullerenes increase the rate of hair growth as compared with mice receiving vehicle only. In SKH-1 hairless mice fullerene derivatives given topically or subdermally markedly increased hair growth. This was paralleled by a significant increase in the number of hair follicles in fullerene-treated mice as compared with those mice treated with vehicle only. The fullerenes also increased hair growth in human skin sections maintained in culture. These studies have wide-ranging implications for those conditions leading to hair loss, including alopecia, chemotherapy, and reactions to various chemicals.

PMID: 19223242

Perhaps it is the high dosage that I take that allows for enough C60 to make it to my skin as in the subdermal treatment.

I am going to add topical and topical with dermarolling as well as continuing my high dosage regimen

Edit: Fixed Attributions -niner

Edited by niner, 13 December 2014 - 01:35 AM.

#392 mikey

• Topic Starter
  • 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:31 PM

Definitely see an improvement in resting's photos. Will be interesting to follow development.

It seems like my hair is a bit darker since I've been using C60oo for over two years, but I can't prove it. Photos are hard to do with light the same, etc...

And it's not super darker, just seemingly a little big darker.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#393 HighDesertWizard

• 830 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:14 PM

Thinking out loud here about a C60-OO Common Anecdotal Effects Explanation focused on Catalase and H2O2... A few studies...

Gray Hair Reduction

Increased Alcohol Tolerance

Reduced Skin Wrinkling

And there's this, with implications for dosage regimen?

Edited by HighDesertWizard, 13 December 2014 - 06:30 PM.

#394 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:42 PM

If understand your trend of thought correctly - C60 quenches ROS thus sparing catalase to have to deal with this which in turn leads to reduced to H2O2 concentrations which keeps melanocytes intact ( or attacked less than they normally would be by H2O2)?

#395 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:50 PM

Definitely see an improvement in resting's photos. Will be interesting to follow development.

It seems like my hair is a bit darker since I've been using C60oo for over two years, but I can't prove it. Photos are hard to do with light the same, etc...

And it's not super darker, just seemingly a little big darker.

Those are photos of me. Resting just greyscaled them.  It shows the improvement (oct 2014 - yesterday) much better than color.

I take what would be considered high doses of C60 OO - 36 (45mg/50ml)bottles over the last 6 months.

#396 Astroid

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:59 AM

My experiment at killing a 50 year active skin bacteria infection with C60.

I have not reported this on this before, as I was waiting on longer term results.  But to calm down the mania on this topic I consider this relevant.

At 16 of age I turned off the cold water in a YMCA shower by mistake and the scalding hot water was hitting my scalp. I fell trying to get out and it kept hitting my scalp... finally I rolled out from under it. Then I got into the swimming pool and tried to cool it off.. A very slow growing bacterial infection resulted.  I have had a culture, so I know what it is. Visiting at least 20 MD and trying all the lotions, potions, light treatment, etc.. and spending at least $1,000 with each MD. They achieved zero results.  Until I had a double MERSA ear and throat infection a couple of years ago, which I though was the bacteria spreading.. The MDs could not image that ..  but the massive 2 IVs of Antibiotics I was on for 8 weeks improved my scalp by some 35%. It took the scalp cultural report before the infection MD could find the correct antibiotic that would work by the way. 

My understanding was C60 was antibacterial.  6 weeks ago I applied it to my scalp. Since the Antibiotics interfere with the Iron in the bacteria cell walls, which kills them as they try to multiply, I assumed maybe this would be the same case. It appears to be, as the progress is slow but positive. I assume it is working mainly by stopping the bacteria as they try to duplicate. 

While the inflammation decreased the next day, it took 3 weeks before I could tell there was progress with the numerous smaller spots.  Now after 6 weeks there is a definite decline in the amount of smaller spots, and decrease in size in some of the larger sores. The worst hard skin sore that has been there for years and never responded to anything had declined in thickness, tenderness and the skin toughness.  Others seem to turn into dry hard spots with root cores that pull out when they die.     

I only notice progress when I keep the C60 on the areas for 10 or more hours a day.

My hypothesis then it C60 interferes with bacteria cell walls and decreases their ability to reproduce. Internally of course it could also improve your immunity to kill bacteria.

A 9 Week update on my efforts at using C60 to kill a scalp bacterial infection. 

3 weeks after the last post my scalp has made major improvements.  I take from 1.25  to 2.5 cc a day orally.  But the most important for the scalp is tropical application 4-5 days a week, and apply DMSO afterwards as a solvent.  Once I started applying the DMSO on a regular bases the healing progress increased. I leave it on my scalp as long as possible.. often 12-24 hours.

The smaller red spots appear to have disappeared, but the skin area feels rough. The most impressive is that in the last 3 weeks the larger more persistent, bothersome spots have decreased in size up to 35%. Some have shown little progress however. Overall it is healing much faster than I expected, especially considering that MDs and I have fought this for 50 years with no success.

Because this has always been slow growing, I expected it to die the same way. So my estimate is this will take another 2-4 months to resolve, hopefully. 

• Cheerful x 1

#397 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:19 PM

3 weeks after the last post my scalp has made major improvements.  I take from 1.25  to 2.5 cc a day orally.  But the most important for the scalp is tropical application 4-5 days a week, and apply DMSO afterwards as a solvent.  Once I started applying the DMSO on a regular bases the healing progress increased. I leave it on my scalp as long as possible.. often 12-24 hours.

The smaller red spots appear to have disappeared, but the skin area feels rough. The most impressive is that in the last 3 weeks the larger more persistent, bothersome spots have decreased in size up to 35%. Some have shown little progress however. Overall it is healing much faster than I expected, especially considering that MDs and I have fought this for 50 years with no success.

Because this has always been slow growing, I expected it to die the same way. So my estimate is this will take another 2-4 months to resolve, hopefully. 

I can't think of a mechanism that would explain the killing of bacteria, but an anti-inflammatory effect would explain the results you're seeing.

#398 smccomas01

• 155 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:02 PM

I just cut my hair (shaved my grape) and I can confirm there appears to be more black vs the grey. There is still grey however looking at the stubble in the mirror I can see individual hairs that are black. I am going to try the applying directly to my scalp.

I used the following method.

Cut hair with clipper no guard setting.

Take hot shower to clean off hairs and open pores (my wife's suggestion)

Apply approx 1 ml C60 OO from syringe rub it in (result so far is a nice shiny grape) I will take a picture tomorrow.   

#399 McK

• 19 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:32 PM

Why does the DMSO make a difference?

• Good Point x 1

#400 Metrodorus

• 188 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:31 PM

I can't think of a mechanism that would explain the killing of bacteria, but an anti-inflammatory effect would explain the results you're seeing.

However, this 2006 Rice University study shows antibacterial effects from C60.

http://alvarez.blogs.../2012/02/72.pdf

. A
comparison of the MIC’s forB. subtilispresented in this paper
with the MIC’s for the antibiotic vancomycin shows that
vancomycin has less antibacterial activity than nC60 (51).
This indicates that nC60 is a potent antibacterial agent that
warrants further investigation for both its implications in
environmental health and for its application as an antibiotic
or disinfectant.

It could be that incomplete solvation of the C60 in the oo or subsequent clumping, has lead to increased antibacterial effects - unless, of course, in line with the paper's findings, smaller particle size = greater anti-bacterial action, so the C60oo, when fully dissovled, is even yet more bioactive. The mechanism of action is, as far as I could determine - unknown. So is the possibility of the bacteria developing resistance.

A 2008 paper by Lyon and Alvares hypothesizes a mode of action:

We propose that nC60 exerts ROS independent
oxidative stress in bacteria, with evidence of protein
oxidation, changes in cell membrane potential, and interruption
of cellular respiration. This mechanism requires direct
contact between the nanoparticle and the bacterial cell and
differs from previously reported nanomaterial antibacterial
mechanisms that involve ROS generation (metal oxides) or
leaching of toxic elements (nanosilver).

Edited by Metrodorus, 14 December 2014 - 09:49 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#401 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:06 PM

This is nC60, not C60. And n is typically very large. In no case do they have dissolved C60.

• Needs references x 1

#402 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:16 PM

. A
comparison of the MIC’s forB. subtilispresented in this paper
with the MIC’s for the antibiotic vancomycin shows that
vancomycin has less antibacterial activity than nC60 (51).
This indicates that nC60 is a potent antibacterial agent that
warrants further investigation for both its implications in
environmental health and for its application as an antibiotic
or disinfectant.

It could be that incomplete solvation of the C60 in the oo or subsequent clumping, has lead to increased antibacterial effects - unless, of course, in line with the paper's findings, smaller particle size = greater anti-bacterial action, so the C60oo, when fully dissovled, is even yet more bioactive. The mechanism of action is, as far as I could determine - unknown. So is the possibility of the bacteria developing resistance.

A 2008 paper by Lyon and Alvares hypothesizes a mode of action:

We propose that nC60 exerts ROS independent
oxidative stress in bacteria, with evidence of protein
oxidation, changes in cell membrane potential, and interruption
of cellular respiration. This mechanism requires direct
contact between the nanoparticle and the bacterial cell and
differs from previously reported nanomaterial antibacterial
mechanisms that involve ROS generation (metal oxides) or
leaching of toxic elements (nanosilver).

Thanks for that paper, Metrodorus.   I think there's a pretty big difference between the very hydrophobic c60oo, which is also a molecular compound, and these various aqueous suspensions of pristine c60 aggregates.   (mostly aggregates, though a small fraction might even get down to single molecules)   They are definitely seeing a potent antibacterial effect in vitro, and it varies with particle size.  From their table 1, it looks like the MIC decreases with particle size to a point, but then goes back up at the smallest particle size.    It seems like an aggregated state might be important in the toxicity. 

• Good Point x 2

#403 Astroid

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:55 PM

Why does the DMSO make a difference?

A Nurse suggested I use it as DMSO will deliver small particles of a certain size to below the skin.  

I have used DMSO by itself on my scalp with no results before. Even injected it under the skin. Besides as a carrier, perhaps it works with C60 in other ways?  

bacteriostatic agent or bacteriostat, abbreviated Bstatic, is a biological or chemical agent that stops bacteria from reproducing, while not necessarily harming .

Pharmacology of DMSO 

Stanley W. Jacob and Robert Herschler
Department of Surgery • Oregon Health Science University • Portland, Oregon  97201

Abstract

A wide range of primary pharmacological actions of dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) has been documented in laboratory studies: membrane transport, effects on connective tissue, anti-inflammation, nerve blockade (analgesia), bacteriostasis, diuresis, enhancements or reduction of the effectiveness of other drugs, cholinesterase inhibition, nonspecific enhancement of resistance to infection, vasodilation, muscle relaxation, antagonism to platelet aggregation, and influence on serum cholesterol in emperimental hypercholesterolemia. This substance induces differntiation and function of leukemic and other malignant cells. DMSO also has prophylactic radioprotective properties and cryoprotective actions. It protects against ischemic injury. (1986 Academic Press, Inc.)

http://en.wikipedia....ethyl_sulfoxide

Medicine[edit]

Use of DMSO in medicine dates from around 1963, when an Oregon Health & Science University Medical School team, headed by Stanley Jacob, discovered it could penetrate the skin and other membranes without damaging them and could carry other compounds into a biological system. In medicine, DMSO is predominantly used as a topical analgesic, a vehicle for topical application of pharmaceuticals, as an anti-inflammatory, and an antioxidant.[20] Because DMSO increases the rate of absorption of some compounds through organic tissues, including skin, it is used in some transdermal drug deliverysystems. Its effect may be enhanced with the addition of EDTA. It is frequently compounded with antifungal medications, enabling them to penetrate not just skin but also toe and fingernails...

...In medical research, DMSO is often used as a drug vehicle in in vivo and in vitro experiments....

In cryobiology DMSO has been used as a cryoprotectant and is still an important constituent of cryoprotectant vitrificationmixtures used to preserve organs, tissues, and cell suspensions. Without it, up to 90% of frozen cells will become inactive. It is particularly important in the freezing and long-term storage of embryonic stem cells and hematopoietic stem cells, which are often frozen in a mixture of 10% DMSO, a freezing medium, and 30% fetal bovine serum.... 

Veterinary medicine[edit]

DMSO is commonly used in veterinary medicine as a liniment for horses, alone or in combination with other ingredients. In the latter case, often, the intended function of the DMSO is as a solvent, to carry the other ingredients across the skin....

Because DMSO easily penetrates the skin, substances dissolved in DMSO may be quickly absorbed....

• Off-Topic x 2

#404 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:25 AM

My experiment at killing a 50 year active skin bacteria infection with C60.

I have not reported this on this before, as I was waiting on longer term results.  But to calm down the mania on this topic I consider this relevant.

At 16 of age I turned off the cold water in a YMCA shower by mistake and the scalding hot water was hitting my scalp. I fell trying to get out and it kept hitting my scalp... finally I rolled out from under it. Then I got into the swimming pool and tried to cool it off.. A very slow growing bacterial infection resulted.  I have had a culture, so I know what it is. Visiting at least 20 MD and trying all the lotions, potions, light treatment, etc.. and spending at least $1,000 with each MD. They achieved zero results.  Until I had a double MERSA ear and throat infection a couple of years ago, which I though was the bacteria spreading.. The MDs could not image that ..  but the massive 2 IVs of Antibiotics I was on for 8 weeks improved my scalp by some 35%. It took the scalp cultural report before the infection MD could find the correct antibiotic that would work by the way. 

My understanding was C60 was antibacterial.  6 weeks ago I applied it to my scalp. Since the Antibiotics interfere with the Iron in the bacteria cell walls, which kills them as they try to multiply, I assumed maybe this would be the same case. It appears to be, as the progress is slow but positive. I assume it is working mainly by stopping the bacteria as they try to duplicate. 

While the inflammation decreased the next day, it took 3 weeks before I could tell there was progress with the numerous smaller spots.  Now after 6 weeks there is a definite decline in the amount of smaller spots, and decrease in size in some of the larger sores. The worst hard skin sore that has been there for years and never responded to anything had declined in thickness, tenderness and the skin toughness.  Others seem to turn into dry hard spots with root cores that pull out when they die.     

I only notice progress when I keep the C60 on the areas for 10 or more hours a day.

My hypothesis then it C60 interferes with bacteria cell walls and decreases their ability to reproduce. Internally of course it could also improve your immunity to kill bacteria.

What bacteria, and what antibiotic if you don't mind me asking?

• Off-Topic x 1

#405 Astroid

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:41 AM

The lab report reads:

Result 1

Coagulase negative Staphylococcus species

Result 2

Bacillus species, not Bacillus anthracis

Susceptibility testing not normally performed on this organism. because CLSI interpretive standards (e.g., S, I, R) for this organizsm do not exist. 

Antimicrobial Susceptibility 

S = Susceptible, I= Intermediate, R = Resistant

Antibiotic         Result #1      Result #2 

Ciprofloxacin            S

Clindamycin             S

Erythromycin            R

Gentamicin               S

Levofloxacin             S

Oxacillin                    R

Penicillin                   R

Rifampin                   S

Tetracycline              S

Trimethoprim/Sulfa   R 

Vancoymcin              S

My original Physician tried Penicillin then Oxacillin for a total of 3 rounds with no progress. He wanted to do a 4th and I insisted on seeing an infection MD, who has told me IVs were the only way to treat this since his attempts had failed. 

She tried IVs of Ciprofloxacin as I remember. (I should obtain her records)  Then once this report was obtained she said she would have to use a stronger on in addition. She added Vancoymcin.

I was on these for around 10 weeks and felt like I had been through a war at the end.     

• Off-Topic x 1

#406 zen

• 139 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:06 AM

The lab report reads:

Result 1

Coagulase negative Staphylococcus species

Result 2

Bacillus species, not Bacillus anthracis

Susceptibility testing not normally performed on this organism. because CLSI interpretive standards (e.g., S, I, R) for this organizsm do not exist. 

Antimicrobial Susceptibility 

S = Susceptible, I= Intermediate, R = Resistant

Antibiotic         Result #1      Result #2 

Erythromycin            R

Oxacillin                    R

Penicillin                   R

Trimethoprim/Sulfa   R 

My original Physician tried Penicillin then Oxacillin for a total of 3 rounds with no progress. He wanted to do a 4th and I insisted on seeing an infection MD, who has told me IVs were the only way to treat this since his attempts had failed. 

She tried IVs of Ciprofloxacin as I remember. (I should obtain her records)  Then once this report was obtained she said she would have to use a stronger on in addition. She added Vancoymcin.

I was on these for around 10 weeks and felt like I had been through a war at the end.     

@Astroid 
It may be worth your while to do some research about antibacterial properties of Manuka honey.
Some people report great results when using it to heal difficult to heal wounds.

HTH

• Off-Topic x 2

#407 Astroid

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2014 - 06:50 AM

Believe me.. I have tried most everything you can think of. Yes even Manuka Honey, which never made sense to me.  I think most thing are really just marketing some story to sell something.  Ill people are desperate for any improvement, so companies prey on them.    

A few things appeared at first to improve things slightly, but it never lasted long or made much of an impact.

C60, then adding DMSO later has been the only thing that has worked for weeks.. other than the IV Antibiotics,

@Astroid 
It may be worth your while to do some research about antibacterial properties of Manuka honey.
Some people report great results when using it to heal difficult to heal wounds.

HTH

#408 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 07:13 AM

Believe me.. I have tried most everything you can think of. Yes even Manuka Honey, which never made sense to me.  I think most thing are really just marketing some story to sell something.  Ill people are desperate for any improvement, so companies prey on them.    

A few things appeared at first to improve things slightly, but it never lasted long or made much of an impact.

C60, then adding DMSO later has been the only thing that has worked for weeks.. other than the IV Antibiotics,

There are topical preparations of floxacin antibiotics.

Please tell me that you were put on a topical AB regime, as well as the IV.

For a scalp infection that has not spread further, concentrations of the AB would be much higher in the Stratum Corneum, dermis and epidermis with topical plus IV.

Edited by sensei, 15 December 2014 - 07:15 AM.

• Off-Topic x 2

#409 Astroid

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:55 AM

Quote: There are topical preparations of floxacin antibiotics.

No, just AB.  Can't say I have been impressed with the 20 MDs I've seen for this matter over the years. Only one who was forced took a culture.  

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see about the tropical AB.  

• Off-Topic x 2

#410 zen

• 139 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:51 PM

I think Manuka Honey is a real deal, there is plenty of research available out there regarding its antibacterial properties.

I am curious to know what brand of Manuka Honey have you used?
Was is a medical grade Manuka Honey?

• Off-Topic x 5

#411 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:22 AM

Quote: There are topical preparations of floxacin antibiotics.

No, just AB.  Can't say I have been impressed with the 20 MDs I've seen for this matter over the years. Only one who was forced took a culture.  

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll see about the tropical AB.  

If you are really serious, you may want to ask for a synergism/additive test for the AB that the bacteria was susceptible to.

Clindamycin and Gentamicin are topical antibiotics (in fact gentamicin is nephrotoxic you don't want to take it internally)-- they are of 2 separate classes of AB - lincosamide and aminoglycoside respectively, however their actions are similar - blocking ribosomes

You may want to look into Azithromycin -- it is a derivative of Erithromycin that works on many bacteria that erithromycin does not -- it also migrates extremely well into tissues, stays in the body for a long time after dosing, and is tolerated well orally; it works on ribosomal mtRNA.

You mentioned iron and cell walls -- ciclopirox is the only anti-microbial agent I know of that chelates iron (taking away so the cells cannot use it) - however it is commonly used as an antifungal -- it is topical; I had to actually use it for a severe case of crotch crease jock itch that was resistant to every other antifungal tried -- ciclopirox cleared it in 2 weeks never to return.

Interestingly enough it is effective against Acinetobacter baumannii a gram negative bacteria

What I mean by synergistic/additive , is that multiple antibiotics used in concert may act synergistically -- that is lowering the MIC by orders of magnitude (minimum inhibitory concentration) of all the antibiotics resulting in a cure even against bacteria resistant to one agent, some act additively -- lowering the MIC in a linear fashion, some don't change the effect, and some act antagonistically even though individually they are effective.

The best case one could hope for is a tolerable systemic (oral/IV) antibiotic and 1 or more topical antibiotic/antimicrobials that are cycled -- and act synergistically

I personally think it is a travesty that your physicians never prescribed dual therapy (systemic and topical)

Edited by sensei, 16 December 2014 - 02:23 AM.

• Off-Topic x 5
  • like x 1

#412 Astroid

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:09 AM

Thanks kindly sensi.  I'll follow up on your recommendations.

I've been saying for years that if Doctors only follow the book, they can easily be replaced by computers.

Someone mentioned to me Doctors think they are Scientist.  Yet they don't conduct any experiments.  So how could they possibly be Scientist then?  

How computers will replace your doctor

http://theweek.com/a...ace-your-doctor

• Off-Topic x 6

#413 ambivalent

• 749 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:41 AM

I noted some time ago an account of tinnitus worsening subsequent to taking c60. Over the past few months my tinnitus had worsened considerably, coinciding with a regular dosing regime of c60 - I can't be certain of exactly when I first noticed it, there is certainly a strong overlap. Anyhow I've taken only one dose in the last month around two and a half weeks ago and I would say it is at a 50% reduction. Admittedly it is a condition which is tuned out at times, so it has hard to be definitive, but when I pay attention to it it seems half as bad as it was a month or more ago. I will be off c60 for until in to the new year at least. A similar or higher dosing regime is anticipated - hopefully I will report back with a lack of correlation.

• Informative x 1

#414 Kalliste

• 1,148 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:38 AM

I have not seen a tinnitus correlation during my 4 c60 months. Had it for 17 years.

#415 ambivalent

• 749 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 December 2014 - 06:31 AM

Would it not be sensible to create a number of threads relating to specific effects and benefits noted while on c60? A few of the threads here serve as a general catchall for experiences which are not being collated (there are some such threads but it is all pretty uncoordinated) . There are for example many postive accounts of pets benefitting from c60 - I'm sure there would be an uptake in those reporting as well as giving their pets c60 if these testimonies were readily accessible. It would make sense for accounts on the effects on hearing, inflammtion, endurance etc were reported in pertinent threads rather than recorded in this, or worse, dumped in the experiments at home thread and lost for good (I seemed to recall for example a brief contributor posting pictures of a stark changing in the colour of his beard a couple of years back which might have added some weight to sensei's account, but alas I couldn't find it). I appreciate it is a big job but is it not time to take stock and try and present what we know or believe to be true thus far (based on testimonies)  to those who undoubtedly will be routinely dropping in on this forum having just heard about c60? For most it would be tough to know where to start - except page 1 'c60 experiments at home'!

Thanks cosmicalstorm, that's good to know (Hebbeh post 168).

• Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#416 McK

• 19 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:29 PM

I have read many posts indicating a "rush" after taking C60;  I am wondering if this includes an elevation in heart rate?  I have been trying to find some posts on cardiac effects of C60 and the ones I found with a study seemed to indicate an elevation in ishemic and artery issues which were not good.

I am a healthy person but do tend to a somewhat fast heartbeat which according to a Cardiology workup was not pathological but I dont want to aggravate it either.

Turnbuckle you have a lot of experience with C60 what do you think about this?

#417 smccomas01

• 155 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:35 PM

What have you found related to artery issue's I have not seen that. 

#418 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 16 December 2014 - 05:17 PM

I have read many posts indicating a "rush" after taking C60;  I am wondering if this includes an elevation in heart rate?  I have been trying to find some posts on cardiac effects of C60 and the ones I found with a study seemed to indicate an elevation in ishemic and artery issues which were not good.

I am a healthy person but do tend to a somewhat fast heartbeat which according to a Cardiology workup was not pathological but I dont want to aggravate it either.

Turnbuckle you have a lot of experience with C60 what do you think about this?

I haven't heard of this "rush," but I don't read every post. As for the artery issue, I guess you're referring to this paper. They seem to have injected nC60 where n is probably very large. The validity of this study was challenged by Chris Kepley and Anthony Dellinge--"Study Examining Fullerene Toxicity Raises Questions as to the Purity of the Nanomaterials and Erroneous Experimental Conclusions."

Other nanoparticles, such as gold, have positive or negative effects during I/R injury, depending on particle size.

• Ill informed x 1
  • Informative x 1

#419 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:46 PM

The C60 "rush" might be an autonomic effect that occurs with potent antioxidants (c60, NAC) in some people, but for some reason it only occurs in the first few uses of the compound.  I have no idea what the mechanism might be, but the effect has been reported both here and in the literature (in a ref that I don't have now).  At any rate, it doesn't appear to have any negative consequences.  Another possibility is a placebo effect.  That wouldn't be surprising in the case of a very novel and poorly understood compound that's been reported to have miraculous effects.

#420 McK

• 19 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:25 AM

Yes Turnbuckle that was exactly the study I read.  Loved the Pub Med link, spent too much time on it--too many interesting links.

Trying to decide if I am going to re-order TA-65 which I have taken on and off for 3 years.  Like the research, but I have not felt any great energy, but probably more endurance.  Also feel exhausted when I start a round for a week or two and usually gain about 5 LBS which are very hard to drop when I stop.  It does have great effects on eyes and vision, and blood work but cant say if it really helps telemeres or not as didnt have base line tests.  I do know it seems to enhance immunity as I cant remember when I was sick last.

Would like to maybe combine TA-65 with the C60; wonder if anyone has done that?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, cure, solution, remedy, therapy, improvement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users