C60 Surprises - Anecdotes Of Unique Health Benefits

c60 cure solution remedy therapy improvement

• Please log in to reply
1023 replies to this topic

#511 sensei

sensei
  • 929 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:03 AM

As would be expected, my sense of taste has become more acute as my sense of smell has.

Foods taste different.

Any impurities in water are easily tasted. I never realized how coppery the tap water in my house tasted.

Persons with body odor present a whole other issue.  Hopefully I can learn to stifle the gag reflex.

• Needs references x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#512 pone11

pone11
  • 654 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:16 AM

As would be expected, my sense of taste has become more acute as my sense of smell has.

Foods taste different.

Any impurities in water are easily tasted. I never realized how coppery the tap water in my house tasted.

Persons with body odor present a whole other issue.  Hopefully I can learn to stifle the gag reflex.

Do you have any memory of having had that kind of smell capability in the past, or is this something new?

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#513 jafuga

jafuga
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:09 AM

22 years its too young to start taking c60oo?

#514 Jembe

Jembe
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 12:06 PM

Is there any reason to think c60 might help against endometriosis or fibroadenoma?

#515 sensei

sensei
  • 929 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 03:11 PM

Foods taste different.

Do you have any memory of having had that kind of smell capability in the past, or is this something new?

When I was a pre-teen my family used to say I had a nose like a german shepherd dog.  But I don't remember it being this acute.

#516 sensei

sensei
  • 929 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 03:13 PM

Is there any reason to think c60 might help against endometriosis or fibroadenoma?

There is some evidence that C60 modulates the allergic response and the inflammatory response in human cells.  

You can do a search.

I personally can attest to lessening of scar tissue -- as can others on this board.

For those specific conditions I have no idea.

#517 pone11

pone11
  • 654 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:45 PM

Have you tried fibrinolytic enzymes like nattokinase?

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Nattokinase

There are three of them, and nattokinase is one of the cheaper ones.  Some take them in combination for subtly different effects.

Get a blood sedimentation rate for the person who has this condition.   It is not diagnostic of this, but if you do NOT have inflammation, and the sedimentation rate suggests very thick viscous blood, that might suggest that a fibrinolytic enzyme is appropriate.   If the blood is very thin, that would suggest inflammation and maybe thinning the blood further isn't appropriate?  

This needs to be done under the care of a doctor.   

Edited by pone11, 18 January 2015 - 08:46 PM.

#518 Adamzski

Adamzski
  • 674 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:05 PM

Foods taste different.

I could be more sensitive to smell. I really have been thinking that I have BO and washing my clothes much more often, not leaving them around just chucking them straight in the wash after wearing.

Have been on the Modafinil though and maybe that is increasing both my odour and sense of odour plus making me a bit more aggressive.

#519 pone11

pone11
  • 654 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:21 PM

Have been on the Modafinil though and maybe that is increasing both my odour and sense of odour plus making me a bit more aggressive.

I took Modafinil as part of a sleep research study 15 years ago, and it was a devastating drug.   It was very much like an amphetamine in the sense that you feel great, but the drug is actually preventing you from getting good sleep cycles.  So you build up this incredible sleep deficit, and when you come off the drug you CRASH and sleep in for days.   People started to comment to me while I was on the drug that I looked abnormal and that my eyes were watered up and I looked like a zombie.

A drug like that has a place if you are doing a one-time activity that requires you to stay awake.  If you are a pilot working an overnight flight, then sure you take the stimulant for the sake of flight safety.   But then go off the drug.   Becoming dependent on something like that for your regular work activities is extremely dangerous, based on what it did to me anyway.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#520 aribadabar

aribadabar
  • 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2015 - 11:07 PM

Foods taste different.

When I was a pre-teen my family used to say I had a nose like a german shepherd dog.  But I don't remember it being this acute.

I have never been too sharp-nosed but ever since started taking C60 it is unmistakable. What I have noticed is that the effect is always most pronounced the following day after ingestion  - I guess it takes some time to ameliorate the neurological machinery.

#521 Adamzski

Adamzski
  • 674 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:09 AM

I took Modafinil as part of a sleep research study 15 years ago, and it was a devastating drug.   It was very much like an amphetamine in the sense that you feel great, but the drug is actually preventing you from getting good sleep cycles.  So you build up this incredible sleep deficit, and when you come off the drug you CRASH and sleep in for days.   People started to comment to me while I was on the drug that I looked abnormal and that my eyes were watered up and I looked like a zombie.

A drug like that has a place if you are doing a one-time activity that requires you to stay awake.  If you are a pilot working an overnight flight, then sure you take the stimulant for the sake of flight safety.   But then go off the drug.   Becoming dependent on something like that for your regular work activities is extremely dangerous, based on what it did to me anyway.

It is turning me into an animal thou! I feel that I used to do the same long hours except now I am on point the whole time, sitting up at my desk instead of slouching back fighting sleep/lethargy, I also will grab a phone enquiry after an all nighter instead of feeling that I will sound trashed on the phone, I rip into them instead of being nervous and stumbling. 

Hopefully C60 can help me deal with this. Mod is not such a bad thing, I do also log my sleep cycles in maybe a not so accurate way using an android app. 

C60 in the past has made me sleep up to 20hrs per day, weeks on end with 12-16 hours of sleep. Maybe the combination of Mod and C60 is a great thing for me.

Im just out of C60 now and about 1000mg away from being out of Mod. I will go a few weeks without C60 and maybe stretch the Mod out with 25mg doses 3 days a week.

#522 pone11

pone11
  • 654 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:14 AM

It is turning me into an animal thou! I feel that I used to do the same long hours except now I am on point the whole time, sitting up at my desk instead of slouching back fighting sleep/lethargy, I also will grab a phone enquiry after an all nighter instead of feeling that I will sound trashed on the phone, I rip into them instead of being nervous and stumbling. 

Hopefully C60 can help me deal with this. Mod is not such a bad thing, I do also log my sleep cycles in maybe a not so accurate way using an android app. 

C60 in the past has made me sleep up to 20hrs per day, weeks on end with 12-16 hours of sleep. Maybe the combination of Mod and C60 is a great thing for me.

Im just out of C60 now and about 1000mg away from being out of Mod. I will go a few weeks without C60 and maybe stretch the Mod out with 25mg doses 3 days a week.

So the open question with an amphetamine type drug is whether "sleep" is actually deep REM sleep.   What happened to me when I was taking the drug was that I would get sleep cycles, but they were apparently not doing the work the body required.   I just kept accumulating exhaustion.

The problems you usually see in research for sleep deprivation drugs are:

1) The body remodels neurons during sleep, and sleep deprivation results in a die off of neurons without regrowth.  You see that in a most pronounced way in the developing brain.   You can take these drugs for years and then find yourself paying a very high price later in life.

2) The key function for repair of cells is apoptosis, and this happens most profoundly during periods of fast.   You need that eight to 12 hour period without food each night.  If you are taking a drug to keep yourself awake and maybe eating small snacks during that time, you are profoundly altering your apoptosis for the worse.

3) For unknown reasons, the body's immune system tends to collapse under the stress of these drugs, leaving the person taking them very at risk for infections.

It's your life of course, but taking a drug like this and expecting that some other drug is going to make up for the problems with the first drug is very dangerous.   The day of reckoning will come for this.  Humans are not gods or robots who can work 24 hours a day under stimulation indefinitely.   There is no magic combination of drugs that will change this.

• Good Point x 2

#523 Walter Derzko

Walter Derzko
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:00 PM

C60 increases the bioactivity and bioavailability of other supplements or medications you may be taking, which may have unexpected results. Care needs to be taken.
  • Needs references x 4
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2
  • Agree x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#524 sensei

sensei
  • 929 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:33 PM

C60 increases the bioactivity and bioavailability of other supplements or medications you may be taking, which may have unexpected results. Care needs to be taken.

Umm there is lots of anecdotal evidence to the contrary; namely alcohol.  C60 attenuates both intoxication and next day hangover.

I can attest to the fact that C60 drastically reduces the effects of benzodiazepines -- necessitating much higher dosage to get expected results.

#525 Walter Derzko

Walter Derzko
  • 137 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE: > Umm there is lots of anecdotal evidence to the contrary; namely alcohol. C60 attenuates both intoxication and next day hangover.

It's Not just anecdotal sensei; C60 works as a hepatoprotector and protects CNS; You still get drunk but NO Hangover. I tried it and use it regularly before even moderate drinking.

Toxicology. 2008 Apr 18;246(2-3):158-65. doi: 10.1016/j.tox.2008.01.005. Epub 2008 Jan 18.

Nanostructures of hydrated C60 fullerene (C60HyFn) protect rat brain against alcohol impact and attenuate behavioral impairments of alcoholized animals.

Tykhomyrov AA1, Nedzvetsky VS, Klochkov VK, Andrievsky GV.

Author information

Abstract

It is well known that chronic ethyl alcohol (EtOH) consumption is capable to injure brain cells and to cause essential abnormalities in behavioral characteristics of animals addicted to alcohol. In this work we for the first time have shown that administration of aqueous solutions of hydrated C60 fullerenes (C60HyFn) with C60 concentration of 30nM as a drinking water during chronic alcoholization of rats (a) protects the tissues of central nervous system (CNS) from damage caused by oxidative stress with high efficacy, (b) prevents the pathological loss of both astrocytes (the main cells of CNS) and astrocytic marker, glial fibrillary acidic proteins (GFAP) and, as consequence, © due to their adaptogenic effects, C60HyFn significantly improves behavioral response and eliminates emotional deficits induced by chronic alcohol uptake. The wide range of beneficial biological effects, zero-toxicity, and efficacy even in super-small doses provide a rationale for the possible application of C60HyFn for the treatment of alcohol-induced encephalopathy as well as alcoholism prophylaxis.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/18289766

Edited by Walter Derzko, 19 January 2015 - 11:49 PM.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#526 sensei

sensei
  • 929 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:52 PM

It's Not just anecdotal sensei; C60 works as a hepatoprotector and CNS

Then why would you say it increases bioavailability of medicines and supplements you consume?

It obviously does not do that with ethanol, nor benzodiazepines.

#527 Walter Derzko

Walter Derzko
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:13 AM

Both effects occur simultaneously, with hepatoprotction against and toxicity attenuation of alcohol winning out. People taking warfarin, will find that C60 kicks up the current doses beyond the safety limits of high and low range of recommended range of warfarin in the body. Same with Vit b12, people get an immediate energy boost when taken both simultaneously.

Reference for those that have criticized me for not posting it.

Reference:
Safety Studies http://www.ipacom.co...bout-c60hyfn/70

INVESTIGATION OF THE SPECIFIC ACTIVITY AND TOXIC ACTION OF WATER SOLUTION OF HYDRATED С60 FULLERENE (C60FWS). Report of the Laboratory of Morphofunctional Research, National Pharmaceutical University MHU, Kharkov, Ukraine, 2009, 68 p., (Abstract).

INVESTIGATION OF TOXICOLOGICAL CHARACTERISTICS OF HYDRATED C60 FULLERENE NANOPARTICLES ON EUKARIOTIC CELLS ON THE BASIS OF DATA ABOUT THEIR CYTOTOXICITY, PROINFLAMMATORY ACTIVITY. Report (interim) of the Gamalei SRI EM AMS RU, Moscow, Russia, 2010, 6 p. (in Russ)

STUDY OF MECHANISMS ACTION OF FULLERENE ON SYSTEM OF CELL'S ION TRANSPORT WITH PURPOSE OF THE DEVELOPMENT OF PATHOGENICALLY REASONABLE THERAPY OF CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE. Technical report for 1995-1997, #0195U009084 of IT UAMS for Ukrainian Academy of Medical Sciences, Kharkov, 1997, 44 p. (in Russian).

Increase the catalytic activity of isolated enzymes (e.g. serine proteinases)http://www.ipacom.co...d-water-left/74
  • Informative x 1

#528 Walter Derzko

Walter Derzko
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:30 AM

Increase in Bioactivity and synergy of Chemotherapy and C60

C60 Fullerene as Synergistic Agent in Tumor-Inhibitory Doxorubicin Treatment
Drugs R D. Dec 2014; 14(4): 333–340.
Published online Dec 12, 2014. doi: 10.1007/s40268-014-0074-4...

Svitlana Prylutska, Iryna Grynyuk, Olga Matyshevska, Yuriy Prylutskyy, Maxim Evstigneev, Peter Scharff, and Uwe Ritter
Joint Ukrainian-German Center on Nanobiotechnology, Kyiv, Ukraine
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Volodymyrska Str., 64, Kyiv, 01601 Ukraine
Department of Biology and Chemistry, Belgorod State University, 85 Pobedy Str., Belgorod, 308015 Russia
Institute of Chemistry and Biotechnology, Technical University of Ilmenau, Weimarer Str. 25, Ilmenau, 098693 Germany
Abstract
Background
Doxorubicin (Dox) is one of the most potent anticancer drugs, but its successful use is hampered by high toxicity caused mainly by generation of reactive oxygen species. One approach to protect against Dox-dependent chemical insult is combined use of the cytostatic drug with antioxidants. C60 fullerene has a nanostructure with both antioxidant and antitumor potential and may be useful in modulating cell responses to Dox.
Objective
The aim of this study was to estimate the antitumor effect and antioxidant enzyme activity of combined C60 fullerene and Dox (C60 + Dox) in the liver and heart of mice with Lewis lung carcinoma compared with Dox treatment alone.

Methods
Highly stable pristine C60 fullerene aqueous colloid solution (concentration 1.0 mg/ml, average hydrodynamic diameter of nanoparticles 50 nm) was used in the study and characterized by means of atomic force microscopy (AFM). The in vivo investigation of C60-Dox action was performed via the standard methods of histological and enzyme activity analyses.

Results
Dox (total dose 2.5 mg/kg) combined with C60 fullerene (total dose 25 mg/kg) in tumor-bearing animals resulted in tumor growth inhibition, prolongation of life, metastasis inhibition, and increased number of apoptotic tumor cells and was more effective than the corresponding course of Dox treatment alone. C60 fullerene demonstrated a protective effect against superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase inhibition induced by Dox-dependent oxidative insult in the liver and heart.
Conclusion
Combined treatment with C60 + Dox is considered to be a promising approach for cancer chemotherapy.
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/25504158

#529 sensei

sensei
  • 929 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:52 AM

Svitlana Prylutska, Iryna Grynyuk, Olga Matyshevska, Yuriy Prylutskyy, Maxim Evstigneev, Peter Scharff, and Uwe Ritter
Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Volodymyrska Str., 64, Kyiv, 01601 Ukraine
Department of Biology and Chemistry, Belgorod State University, 85 Pobedy Str., Belgorod, 308015 Russia
Institute of Chemistry and Biotechnology, Technical University of Ilmenau, Weimarer Str. 25, Ilmenau, 098693 Germany
Abstract
Background
Doxorubicin (Dox) is one of the most potent anticancer drugs, but its successful use is hampered by high toxicity caused mainly by generation of reactive oxygen species. One approach to protect against Dox-dependent chemical insult is combined use of the cytostatic drug with antioxidants. C60 fullerene has a nanostructure with both antioxidant and antitumor potential and may be useful in modulating cell responses to Dox.
Objective
The aim of this study was to estimate the antitumor effect and antioxidant enzyme activity of combined C60 fullerene and Dox (C60 + Dox) in the liver and heart of mice with Lewis lung carcinoma compared with Dox treatment alone.

Methods
Highly stable pristine C60 fullerene aqueous colloid solution (concentration 1.0 mg/ml, average hydrodynamic diameter of nanoparticles 50 nm) was used in the study and characterized by means of atomic force microscopy (AFM). The in vivo investigation of C60-Dox action was performed via the standard methods of histological and enzyme activity analyses.

Results
Dox (total dose 2.5 mg/kg) combined with C60 fullerene (total dose 25 mg/kg) in tumor-bearing animals resulted in tumor growth inhibition, prolongation of life, metastasis inhibition, and increased number of apoptotic tumor cells and was more effective than the corresponding course of Dox treatment alone. C60 fullerene demonstrated a protective effect against superoxide dismutase and glutathione peroxidase inhibition induced by Dox-dependent oxidative insult in the liver and heart.
Conclusion
Combined treatment with C60 + Dox is considered to be a promising approach for cancer chemotherapy.

1. None of that says C60 increases the bioavailability of Dox  nor the citations earlier.

2. This was a mouse study to test anti-tumor and anti-oxidant enzyme activity -- there was no mention of pharmacodynamic testing of Dox with or without C60, nor tissue concentration analysis.

3. You consistently state things that you cannot support and/or you don't understand what you are posting.

4. It's getting annoying.

Edited by sensei, 20 January 2015 - 01:58 AM.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#530 aribadabar

aribadabar
  • 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:44 AM

Abstract
Background
Objective

Methods

Results
Conclusion

1. None of that says C60 increases the bioavailability of Dox  nor the citations earlier.

2. This was a mouse study to test anti-tumor and anti-oxidant enzyme activity -- there was no mention of pharmacodynamic testing of Dox with or without C60, nor tissue concentration analysis.

3. You consistently state things that you cannot support and/or you don't understand what you are posting.

While I agree on 1,3 and 4, I have some questions about Fig.2 from the study - doesn't it show some promising C60-only anti-tumor data, almost on par with a potent chemo drug?

That is some confirmation to the Baati study results regarding the putative cancer-protective properties of C60, right?

#531 sensei

sensei
  • 929 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:28 AM

While I agree on 1,3 and 4, I have some questions about Fig.2 from the study - doesn't it show some promising C60-only anti-tumor data, almost on par with a potent chemo drug?

That is some confirmation to the Baati study results regarding the putative cancer-protective properties of C60, right?

Even if it does that is not increased bioavailability.

• Good Point x 1

#532 Gerald W. Gaston

Gerald W. Gaston
  • 529 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:02 AM

So the open question with an amphetamine type drug is whether "sleep" is actually deep REM sleep.  

OT, but just pointing out that you likely need to review sleep stages. Non-REM "Delta" stages 3 and 4 are considered deep sleep, not REM.

I use a "Zeo Personal Sleep Manager" (not as great as a sleep study but I think better than the apps/other devices now that look just at nocturnal movements, heart rate, and/or breathing patterns) and I don't see a big difference when everything else is equal while taking C60oo, or with armodafinil in the mix for that matter if taken early in the day. The drug I have taken that does seem to KO deep sleep (not REM sleep) is clonazepam (a benzo). As for REM sleep, the Z drug Zaleplon does seem to reduce it for me.

#533 pone11

pone11
  • 654 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:59 AM

So the open question with an amphetamine type drug is whether "sleep" is actually deep REM sleep.  

OT, but just pointing out that you likely need to review sleep stages. Non-REM "Delta" stages 3 and 4 are considered deep sleep, not REM.

I use a "Zeo Personal Sleep Manager" (not as great as a sleep study but I think better than the apps/other devices now that look just at nocturnal movements, heart rate, and/or breathing patterns) and I don't see a big difference when everything else is equal while taking C60oo, or with armodafinil in the mix for that matter if taken early in the day. The drug I have taken that does seem to KO deep sleep (not REM sleep) is clonazepam (a benzo). As for REM sleep, the Z drug Zaleplon does seem to reduce it for me.

Perhaps the confusion is that REM sleep is often referred to as "stage 5".   My understanding of these things is too casual, but for me the whole cycle of stage 3 to 5 represents going through a deep sleep cycle.   The fact that stage 5 is not itself deep sleep isn't really important to my point.

Different people have different sensitivities to a drug like that.   The half life of 13 hours suggests you still have a lot of the drug in your system when you sleep, but perhaps you are simply less sensitive to it at the lower dose.   The drug completely messed me up, but I would never say it would mess every person up.

The other point is your use appears to be different from his.  You are sleeping well and pointing out that that fact.    He is deliberately using the drug to not sleep and continue to perform in spite of not sleeping.   That's a bad use for a drug like that, if the pattern is habitual and used as a way to improve every day performance.

Finally, you are taking the drug early in the day in your example.   Do we know that he is not taking the drug around the clock as a performance enhancer?

#534 Gerald W. Gaston

Gerald W. Gaston
  • 529 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:45 PM

Perhaps the confusion is that REM sleep is often referred to as "stage 5".   My understanding of these things is too casual, but for me the whole cycle of stage 3 to 5 represents going through a deep sleep cycle.   The fact that stage 5 is not itself deep sleep isn't really important to my point.

Different people have different sensitivities to a drug like that.   The half life of 13 hours suggests you still have a lot of the drug in your system when you sleep, but perhaps you are simply less sensitive to it at the lower dose.   The drug completely messed me up, but I would never say it would mess every person up.

The other point is your use appears to be different from his.  You are sleeping well and pointing out that that fact.    He is deliberately using the drug to not sleep and continue to perform in spite of not sleeping.   That's a bad use for a drug like that, if the pattern is habitual and used as a way to improve every day performance.

Finally, you are taking the drug early in the day in your example.   Do we know that he is not taking the drug around the clock as a performance enhancer?

I added my own experience with C60oo to try to keep it somewhat on topic, though my main point was the off-topic part of pointing out REM is not deep sleep. 

And yes I agree each person can have different experiences with these substances, and I was simply given my OWN experiences which is what others are doing. I metabolize things pretty quickly. For instance caffeine seems to have no affect on my sleep cycle (based on the ZEO and how I feel) as long as I stop consuming it within a few hours of bed time. My 23andme data says I'm likely a 'fast caffeine metabolizer'.   Likewise I can't tell a difference with C60oo on my sleep, but I'm not discounting that others might.

#535 HighDesertWizard

HighDesertWizard
  • 830 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:20 PM

I have imagined that the gray hair in my mustache and goatee is getting a little darker for the last several weeks. I didn't post about it because I wasn't completely certain about it being just my imagination.

But now there is no question about it. Someone else has now noticed. I've taken some pictures and when I have good before and after pics, I'll post them. They are still mostly gray but the existence of dark hair makes the general look now a darker gray.

I have been ingesting and applying c60-oo topically to my face for about 6 months at relatively low doses. I have recently increased my ingested dose to 30/ml per day.

I have experienced many of the other general effects discussed here also, better skin condition, more alertness, better sleep, stronger nails, and increased libido.

Edited by HighDesertWizard, 20 January 2015 - 06:31 PM.

#536 Walter Derzko

Walter Derzko
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:28 PM

Increased Bioactivity of tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA), and acceleration of blood plasma clotcleavage from C[60] HYFNs

Fullerenes, Nanotubes, and Carbon Nanostructures, 18: 303–311, 2010 Copyright © Taylor & Francis Group, LLC ISSN: 1536-383X print / 1536-4046 online DOI: 10.1080/15363831003785257

The Acceleration of Blood Plasma Clot Lysis in the Presence of Hydrated C60 Fullerene Nanostructures in Super-Small Concentrations

G. ANDRIEVSKY1,2, D. SHAKHNIN3, A. TRONZA4, D. ZHERNOSEKOV4 AND A. TYKHOMYROV5 1Institute of Physiological Active Compounds LLC, Kharkiv, Ukraine 2ISMA NAS of Ukraine, STC “Institute for Single Crystals,” Kharkiv, Ukraine 3Public International University of Human Development, Kyiv, Ukraine 4Palladin Institute of Biochemistry, NAS of Ukraine Kyiv, Ukraine 5Dniepropetrovsk State Agrarian University, Dniepropetrovsk, Ukraine

There are no systematic data about the influence of chemically non modified fullerenes on key enzymes of organisms, in particular, proteases of haemostasis system. In this study we describe preliminary in vitro data indicating the essential acceleration of blood plasma clot cleavage in the presence of nanostructures of hydrated C60 fullerene(C60HyFn).The super-small concentration of C60HyFn (10-12-10-14 M) applied in the experiment was comparable to that in which hydrated fullerene exhibits marked antioxidant and neuroprotective effects in vivo. The influence of C60HyFn on the kinetics of clot lysis, induced by tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA), has been explored in vitro. The incubation of t-PA samples in C60HyFn solution has increased the lysis rate 2.7 times and diminished the half-lysis time 1.6 times, compared with corresponding parameters for t-PA dissolved in distilled water. Taking in consideration that in this case C60 concentration (in mol) was by 2–4 orders less than concentration of enzymes participating in fibrinolysis, it has been concluded that biological activity of super small C60HyFn concentrations (doses) was not directly related to the biological properties of C60 fullerene molecule itself but was mediated by specific and ordered water structures which C60 molecule organizes round itself. Also, we have suggested that the activation of fibrinolysis may occur due to the stabilization/protection of active conformation of protease molecules in the presence of specific water structures ordered by C60HyFn. Applications of hydrated fullerenes can be a perspective approach for both usage of thrombolytic enzymes and for design of novel anticoagulants.

Keywords Blood clots lysis, fibrinolysis, hydrated C60 fullerenes, ordered water structures, tissue plasminogen activator
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 3
  • unsure x 1
  • Off-Topic x 1

#537 boylan

boylan
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:43 PM

I have imagined that the gray hair in my mustache and goatee is getting a little darker for the last several weeks. I didn't post about it because I wasn't completely certain about it being just my imagination.

But now there is no question about it. Someone else has now noticed. I've taken some pictures and when I have good before and after pics, I'll post them. They are still mostly gray but the existence of dark hair makes the general look now a darker gray.

I have been ingesting and applying c60-oo topically to my face for about 6 months at relatively low doses. I have recently increased my ingested dose to 30/ml per day.

I have experienced many of the other general effects discussed here also, better skin condition, more alertness, better sleep, stronger nails, and increased libido.

HDW,

Did you notice these changes before increasing your dose?

#538 sensei

sensei
  • 929 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:29 AM

Yes! It's not just me.

Your dose is what my average dose has been over the last month.

#539 HighDesertWizard

HighDesertWizard
  • 830 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:01 AM

HDW,

Did you notice these changes before increasing your dose?

boylan... I understand that you're thinking about what might be a, or the, primary independent variable here. And I imagined I was good at thinking this kind of thing through! And now I don't know...  :-D

I was, early on, focused on applying the c60-oo potion to my face twice a day, but really only those areas not having hair. And my skin has improved. I'm pleased with that, but a hair color change is easier to see and describe...

Truth is, I forget how quickly sensei's hair color change appeared after he upped his dose. The color change appeared relatively quickly after upping my dose a bit and it's hard for me to believe that that could be a trigger for the color change in a few places.

I plan to keep my dose at about 30ml per day for a while.

Yes! It's not just me.

Your dose is what my average dose has been over the last month.

Yes. It's not just you.  :-D

And now that I'm able to see the difference while looking into a mirror, I more appreciate the trouble you went to, sensei, to take pictures to try to depict the change you've experienced...

The difference is obvious to me when looking into a mirror and to my family. But it's a harder thing to get a picture of the difference for posting. I'm not a photographer and I'm not going to buy some camera perfect just for taking pictures for posting here...

Imagine a goatee... Not thick. Not thin. It suits me and I've had it for years. I can see the change from a distance because, in a few specific places, in small areas, 3/8" sq., some few hairs are now dark that were gray before. And these differences lend a different, gray/dark hair shading of the goatee from a distance. But not being a photographer, it's difficult to get the light right to depict the change of a few hairs in a selfie even with the help of a bathroom mirror.

Sooner or later, the change will even be more pronounced so a photograph depicting it will be easier to get, or not... Either way, I'll report it.

I'm very pleased with all the n=1 experiment results so far!  :)

Edited by HighDesertWizard, 21 January 2015 - 05:06 AM.

• like x 1

#540 smithx

smithx
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:00 PM

One issue with the reference you are posting is that they are all or mostly referring to hydrated fullerenes. What we are discussing is C60 Olive Oil adduct, which is liable to have very different properties. 

So it's not at all clear that these references are germane to what we are discussing. 

Increased Bioactivity of tissue plasminogen activator (t-PA), and acceleration of blood plasma clotcleavage from C[60] HYFNs

Fullerenes, Nanotubes, and Carbon Nanostructures, 18: 303–311, 2010 Copyright © Taylor & Francis Group, LLC ISSN: 1536-383X print / 1536-4046 online DOI: 10.1080/15363831003785257

• Agree x 4
  • Needs references x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, cure, solution, remedy, therapy, improvement

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users