* * * * * 34 votes

NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#4261 Babakk

• 40 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:05 PM

I have already explained my experience. High blood pressure and heart beat (198/101, 98pbm), headache, mild anxiety. One thing is for sure and that it stays around in the body for a long time because my blood pressure and heart beat remain higher than normal well over 24 hours later. I wonder how many people who have reported anxiety actually measured their blood pressure.

But apart from that ALMOST none of the so called positive reports are really positive either, at least with regards to depression and the reported side effects are too consistent to ignore and yet they are absent from the Neuralstems reports (specially at 80 mg per day). So, either Neuralstem is testing a different compound or we are not sold NSI-189 or the whole thing is a scam.

We all want something to work so much and we talk ourselves into believing something that is not there. I remember all the hype over ALKS 5461 that kept going for years through out all the trials and I kept telling myself that I should have bought the shares and then suddenly it turned out to be less effective than placebo.

• dislike x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#4262 Valijon

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:17 PM

I believe in NSI-189. I always go into everything with a sceptical eye and really wasn't expecting much from this compound even though I was cautiously optimistic.

My personal experience with NSI is as follows.

The first two weeks I had extreme fatigue. I'm 5 weeks in at 40mg 1x daily. Slowly, I felt the depression starting to lift. I now have more motivation. My thought processes have dramatically improved as has my memory. I don't have time to elaborate. It's the same as the other positive posts from members here.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4263 Babakk

• 40 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:45 PM

I believe in NSI-189. I always go into everything with a sceptical eye and really wasn't expecting much from this compound even though I was cautiously optimistic.

My personal experience with NSI is as follows.

The first two weeks I had extreme fatigue. I'm 5 weeks in at 40mg 1x daily. Slowly, I felt the depression starting to lift. I now have more motivation. My thought processes have dramatically improved as has my memory. I don't have time to elaborate. It's the same as the other positive posts from members here.

Well, the operative word here is "believe". Interestingly, even the company itself seems to indicate that 90 days is needed for the medication to start to take effect. So five weeks needs strong belief.

The way I have counted the experiences the ones with negative or no effect out number the positive ones considerably. 

#4264 Valijon

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:12 PM

Let's not go there. We could easily turn this into another pointless and time wasting internet feud. Everyone has a different physiology. We don't have hard evidence of effectiveness without brain scans. When we have those we will know if and how much nsi-189 is working. At the moment, all we have are reports from the company and subjective reports from people taking it here.

#4265 BasicBiO

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:28 AM

I've been taking 20mg of NSI (from several sources)since January and the results have been great. There were some rough patches in the first month or two, but adjusting the dosage and adding a DA agonist has paid off handsomely for me. I feel much better, depression is gone, productivity continues to slowly get better, and my sense of humor has returned in full force. Will this compound work for everyone? I doubt that and I feel for the folks who aren't seeing results. This particular compound met the needs of my psychiatric needs, that being stress induced brain damage akin to PTSD.

My current stack is:

NSI-189 20 mg

PPAP 30 mg (may also substitute PRL or 9-me-bc on some days)

300-900mg of Alpha GPC

300mg Phosphatidyl Serine

150mg of Jiaogulan

fish oil

folic acid

p-5-p

Niacin and CBD oil before bed.

Interestingly prior to NSI + DA support, I was largely intolerant of both choline and PS. Both made for a terrible day whenever I took them but I started taking them again about 2 months ago as an experiment to test the notion that perhaps my brain could deal better with increased choline/NE/DA levels now that my hippocampus is supposedly rehabbed a bit. Not only can I tolerate these compounds, but they enhance the positive effects for me..better cognition, clarity, mood, energy etc. Hard to describe in a short post, but everything is quite a bit better than say 3-5 years ago when I was very close to being a nonfunctional person due to major depression, brain fog, a huge reduction in memory, libido, and motivation.

In my uneducated opinion, I think NSI sets the stage for recovery and I found that by itself the results were pretty good but not great. I was lifted out of major depression and slowly, either because of hippocampal neurogenisis or tweaking dosages of my stack or both, I've been able to make noticeable progress towards being myself again and maybe even a tad better.

#4266 Babakk

• 40 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:59 AM

This is my third day after having taken a single dose 40mg of NSI-189 and my depression has deepened enormously. I still have a mild headach but my blood pressure has finally come down but I feel so lethargic that I can't be bothered to do anything.

So, how long this after effect will last? 

If as it seems to be this initial effect is usual, it will be very difficult to get depressed patients (specially out patients) to keep taking it in the belief that it is temporary. 

Very disappointed.

This is my third day after having taken a single dose 40 mg of NSI-189 and my depression has deepened enormously. I still have a mild headache, my blood pressure has finally come down but I feel so lethargic that I can't be bothered to do anything.

So, how long this after effect will last? 

If as it seems to be this initial effect is usual, it will be very difficult to get depressed patients (specially out patients) to keep taking it in the belief that it is temporary. 

Very disappointed.

#4267 Babakk

• 40 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:10 PM

Sorry about the duplication in my previous post. I tried to correct it later but I wan't allowed.

I have a question: The word is that DARPA is interested in NSI-189 which is really odd because usually they do their own developments as they have more funding than anyone else. None the less, does anyone know of reliable source confirming this point? I mean outside Wikipedia, Nuralstem and chat forums. There is no mention of it on their website!

This is really important because DARPA is not interested in profits but results. This was the main reason I decided to give it a go. 

Edited by Babakk, 17 June 2016 - 01:16 PM.

#4268 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 12:15 AM

Babakk, in case you are even a little suspicious about the identity/purity of the NSI-189 you have, send me a PM for a free sample.

#4269 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:21 AM

Interestingly, even the company itself seems to indicate that 90 days is needed for the medication to start to take effect. 

Where exactly does it say this about 90 days? Are you implying that from adding the four-week Phase 1b trial and by the eight-week follow-up period?

#4270 BasicBiO

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:56 AM

Sorry about the duplication in my previous post. I tried to correct it later but I wan't allowed.

I have a question: The word is that DARPA is interested in NSI-189 which is really odd because usually they do their own developments as they have more funding than anyone else. None the less, does anyone know of reliable source confirming this point? I mean outside Wikipedia, Nuralstem and chat forums. There is no mention of it on their website!

This is really important because DARPA is not interested in profits but results. This was the main reason I decided to give it a go. 

#4271 Water Buffalo

• 36 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:53 AM

I have already explained my experience. High blood pressure and heart beat (198/101, 98pbm), headache, mild anxiety. One thing is for sure and that it stays around in the body for a long time because my blood pressure and heart beat remain higher than normal well over 24 hours later. I wonder how many people who have reported anxiety actually measured their blood pressure.

But apart from that ALMOST none of the so called positive reports are really positive either, at least with regards to depression and the reported side effects are too consistent to ignore and yet they are absent from the Neuralstems reports (specially at 80 mg per day). So, either Neuralstem is testing a different compound or we are not sold NSI-189 or the whole thing is a scam.

We all want something to work so much and we talk ourselves into believing something that is not there. I remember all the hype over ALKS 5461 that kept going for years through out all the trials and I kept telling myself that I should have bought the shares and then suddenly it turned out to be less effective than placebo.

From Neuralstem's 1b trial "Using baseline plasma levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor, epidermal growth factor, myeloperoxidase, tumor necrosis factor type 2 and A1AT, the model, with one exception (patient 608), was able to identify the response to NSI-189, in 17 out of 18 cases that are consistent with therapeutic effects shown by the decrement in MADRS score." This, at least, gives a little bit of credibility to the efficacy of the drug.

Of the 18 participants, 2 were non-responders, 4 were partial responders (from moderate to mild depression), and the rest were considered full responders. This was at 28 days. You will likely know if you are a responder within 1-2 months. There are things that you can tweak or add at that point to find the right treatment.

Compared to SSRIs, NSI-189 has a lower incidence of side effects. As Strangelove and many others have said, 40 mg might not be the best dose for you. However, there seems to be a large reduction in side effects, for those that have experienced any, after a month or two if you want to go the faster route.

Edited by Water Buffalo, 18 June 2016 - 06:13 AM.

#4272 Babakk

• 40 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:27 AM

I know that one other member Jaybird has had exactly the same experience after only four days. Now it has been four days and while my blood pressure has returned to normal I am so tired that last night I went to be at 9:30 and today. I keep trying to get out of bed and I can't stay out of bed for more than hour. I haven't even bothered to walk the dog. I just want this thing to wear out and go back to my normal depressed self.

I have no appetite and feel extremely weak,

Edited by Babakk, 18 June 2016 - 08:32 AM.

#4273 Babakk

• 40 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 11:41 AM

Can some one refer me to a reliable lab that can test this stuff I got?

NeuralStem claims to have tried doses of 80mg of this stuff on people in their phase I trials and in their phase 1b doses of 40mg X 3 with NO adverse reactions observed. I just find that difficult to believe. There is not even a mention of the initial side effect that I have come across here and on other sites over and over again. There were two who dropped out in phase 1b the reasons for which are not explained but the clear implication is that it was not because of adverse reaction.

OK, I know that a lot of people are getting positive results and I am happy for them but does it all add up? 

Edited by Babakk, 18 June 2016 - 12:08 PM.

#4274 zompy

• 56 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 11:49 AM

What other substances do you guys feel NSI works well with? 

At the moment I am taking this every morning: 

4,8g piracetam

30mg noopept

40mg nsi

30mg colourracetam

300mg alpga-gpc 50%

#4275 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:50 PM

Can some one refer me to a reliable lab that can test this stuff I got?

NeuralStem claims to have tried doses of 80mg of this stuff on people in their phase I trials and in their phase 1b doses of 40mg X 3 with NO adverse reactions observed. I just find that difficult to believe. There is not even a mention of the initial side effect that I have come across here and on other sites over and over again. There were two who dropped out in phase 1b the reasons for which are not explained but the clear implication is that it was not because of adverse reaction.

OK, I know that a lot of people are getting positive results and I am happy for them but does it all add up? 

The reason alot of pharma drugs cause side effects is because they bind directly to receptors & transporters. NSI-189 is a novel substance, we don't know how it works but it certainly doesn't seem to be binding strongly to receptors, or transporters.

It's likely using a mechanism that can directly increase BDNF / Neurogenesis without inhibiting the serotonin transporter. Because really, SSRIs achieve anti depressant effects not by increasing synaptic serotonin, but by the downstream effects of this.

All anti depressant drugs increase BDNF / Neurogenesis, and there seems to be plenty of ways of going about it, considering the different mechanisms of action of many drugs that treat depression. 

#4276 Babakk

• 40 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:20 PM

From Neuralstem's 1b trial "Using baseline plasma levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor, epidermal growth factor, myeloperoxidase, tumor necrosis factor type 2 and A1AT, the model, with one exception (patient 608), was able to identify the response to NSI-189, in 17 out of 18 cases that are consistent with therapeutic effects shown by the decrement in MADRS score." This, at least, gives a little bit of credibility to the efficacy of the drug.

Of the 18 participants, 2 were non-responders, 4 were partial responders (from moderate to mild depression), and the rest were considered full responders. This was at 28 days. You will likely know if you are a responder within 1-2 months. There are things that you can tweak or add at that point to find the right treatment.

Compared to SSRIs, NSI-189 has a lower incidence of side effects. As Strangelove and many others have said, 40 mg might not be the best dose for you. However, there seems to be a large reduction in side effects, for those that have experienced any, after a month or two if you want to go the faster route.

Trial reports are compiled by the manufacturers. So I wouldn't put too much trust in their accuracy. For example there has been no report of ANY adverse reaction even with 80mg once in phase one as well as 40mgX3 in phase Ib. Two people dropped out but not because of adverse reaction?!

And right here just on this thread we have two people who have dropped out because of adverse reactions and there is no mention of any side effects in the reports unlike most of even positive reports posted here. How would you account for that discrepancy? As for SSRI, I only take 10mg of Paroxetine and even then I don't take it regularly because to be honest all it does flattens the feelings and reduces the depressive storms in my head.

Look, I am not trying to put a damper on things, as I have said it could be that the stuff I used as well as the one used by Jaybird were of a bad batch. But misleading clinical trial reports by pharmaceutical companies are hardly uncommon. What I would really like to see, is the confirmation from DARPA that they have helped with funding the research on NSI-189. I couldn't find any reference to NSI-189 or Neuralstem on their site.

Anyway, it is the fifth day and I am having terrible headaches. Aspirin and Paracetamol are getting less and less effective. Can some one recommend something better, (no codeine based), Please?

Edited by Babakk, 19 June 2016 - 03:35 PM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2
  • Good Point x 2
  • Informative x 1

#4277 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:28 PM

Darpa and Neuralstem:

http://www.prnewswir...h-76759642.html

http://investor.neur...rint&ID=1809130

Et al...

#4278 Perek

• 61 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:53 PM

Try sumatriptan for your headache.

#4279 focus83

• 216 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:58 PM

Trial reports are compiled by the manufacturers. So I wouldn't put too much trust in their accuracy. For example there has been no report of ANY adverse reaction even with 80mg once in phase one as well as 40mgX3 in phase Ib. Two people dropped out but not because of adverse reaction?!

And right here just on this thread we have two people who have dropped out because of adverse reactions and there is no mention of any side effects in the reports unlike most of even positive reports posted here. How would you account for that discrepancy? As for SSRI, I only take 10mg of Paroxetine and even then I don't take it regularly because to be honest all it does flattens the feelings and reduces the depressive storms in my head.

Look, I am not trying to put a damper on things, as I have said it could be that the stuff I used as well as the one used by Jaybird were of a bad batch. But misleading clinical trial reports by pharmaceutical companies are hardly uncommon. What I would really like to see, is the confirmation from DARPA that they have helped with funding the research on NSI-189. I couldn't find any reference to NSI-189 or Neuralstem on their site.

Anyway, it is the fifth day and I am having terrible headaches. Aspirin and Paracetamol are getting less and less effective. Can some one recommend something better, (no codeine based), Please?

For f**k's sake, dude, have you even taken the time to read the topline data of the 1B trial or did you just wake up one morning deciding to rant about NSI-189 with no end to help ease your depressed mind? You don't even know if you have a good batch, and still you think it's wise to "educate" people here with your simple-minded conspiracy theories?

So, back on track. This is a quote from the topline data (link: http://www.nature.co...mp2015178a.html )

"NSI-189 was relatively well tolerated at all doses, with no serious adverse effects."

Do you understand that? RELATIVELY well tolerated. No SERIOUS adverse effects. Where does it say NO adverse effects? In no doctor's textbook is a headache a serious adverse effects. And understably so. It's probably the most common adverse effect you can get with about any psychotropic medication.

And here is a link to the table to all the side effects that have occured in the trial in all groups:

http://www.nature.co...ml#figure-title

As you can see 50% of all trial participants on NSI-189 had a headache! Just like the placebos did. And 66.67% on the three times daily dosing reported dizziness! Wow, they really tried to play down things and mislead people, huh?

Now please do everyone a favor and at least do some basic research before unboxing your huge consipracy theories here publically.

• Enjoying the show x 2
  • Good Point x 2

#4280 Babakk

• 40 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 04:51 PM

Thank you Perek and SerchingForAnswers.

As for focus38, I don't respond to people who resort to name calling. You obviously have a vested interest and have not read all my comments. Get some manners and then I might pay attention. 

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#4281 focus83

• 216 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:26 PM

Unfortunately I had to read all your nonsense. But after following how YOU were actually misleading and unsettling people in this thread for days and weeks, I had to chime in.

"Get manners". Says the person who is accusing an entire company of world-renowned research scientist doing some of the most leading-edge research of the entire industry for being manipulative and conspirative. At the same time you are arrogant enough to stir up this noise without obviously doing the most basic fact checking. These are indeed some great manners!

And to be very clear: I couldn't care less about your attention. I just want people to know that your recent ramblings contained blatantly, ridiculously false accusations.

Edited by focus83, 19 June 2016 - 05:32 PM.

• Agree x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#4282 YOLF

Posted 19 June 2016 - 08:09 PM

Sounds to me like your stuff is fake or cut with something else and since what you're doing is most probably violating someone's patent, you won't be able to get anyone to test anything. This situation makes you all very easy to rip off and/or manipulate at one level or another. I hope you know what you're doing, but I'm thinking it'smost likely that you don't.

#4283 Valijon

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 June 2016 - 08:45 PM

Anything can be analyzed for content and purity.

This is exactly what I was talking about. We now have a big needless argument. If you're suspicious of what you are taking have it checked. In spite of patents or property rights, there are labs around the world which will or have synthesized NSI-189.

If you aren't seeing results, then you're welcome to discontinue this research chemical.

#4284 Babakk

• 40 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:56 AM

I apologize to anyone who has been offended by my comments, although I don't understand why anyone should be. 

I thought we were supposed to share our experiences here, good and bad. Given the all the animosity directed at me here, is there any wonder that there are not more detail from those who have had less than positive reactions?

Off course it is dangerous to try a chemical not supplied through a licensed manufacturer and there are always dangers of a bad batch creeping through even with those with the best of intentions. Believe it or not this was the first time I took the risk because I have been living with severe MDD for over 25 years. But I made the mistake of not keeping to a much smaller dose for much longer because of all the glowing reports posted here and on the other chat rooms. This is exactly why I insisted to provide more details than others about the potential negative reactions.

Off course I have stopped taking it but I wanted to keep posting about the after effects. I think it was Strangelove who made the observation that those who get positive results don't see the need to continue to post comments here. Something that I agree with but I think exactly the same is true if not more so with those who have had a negative reaction. This is where I wanted to buck the trend. In fact I have been conversing with one other person who had a bad reaction and found out that the after effects were fairly similar.

I am not trying to encourage or discourage anyone from doing anything. All I am saying is:

1) Don't believe all the hype and try to read between lines as well.

2) Be careful, try a much much smaller dose for a much longer time first with every batch.

3) Share more details about your experience, the good and the bad aspects of them regardless of whether they are consistent with those of the trials run by the company whose motives undeniably extend beyond scientific endeavors.

This way it might help others make better informed decisions, e.g. get a better idea about which supplier to use and makes the suppliers more careful about their product.

Anyway this is the sixth day and although things are much better with regards to blood pressure and headaches but fatigue and depth of depression have not yet returned back to base line.

BTW. My CT scans have also confirmed that I have suffered from brain atrophy beyond my age which was something else that I was hoping NSI-189 could address as well. I am 57 years old and I probably won't live long enough to see this product on the market.

Edited by Babakk, 20 June 2016 - 07:01 AM.

• Well Written x 1

#4285 Babakk

• 40 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:53 AM

This is the 7th day after I stopped taking NSI-189. As I already suffer from MDD it is difficult to recognise if my depression has returned to its base level and I still feel waves of anxiety washing over me from time to time. But all in all I think the after effects have pretty much gone.

I only took one large 40mg dose but the other person who took 40mg doses four days in a row had continued to feel the severe effects for much longer, at least two weeks. Furthermore it seems that in his case the adverse reaction was initiated on the fourth day. So, given the relatively long half life of this chemical it seems that there is a threshold.  In my case was around 50-60mg and his was around 100-120mg.

I for one wouldn't dare to try this stuff again which is a shame because severe depression is a real physical disorder, just not visible to the naked eye. It is like living with a monster that literally eats into your brain, wiping off even the good memories of a previous life.

I am sure people will disagree with me but to me it is clear that people should be careful with this chemical as a small amount of it can have huge effects. So you can't just take a spoonful of it and then throw it up and fear nothing more than a bad hangover. Be very careful while weighing it. +/- 20mg can make a lot of difference. Then make sure you monitor your vital signs for at least 24 hours after each dose. Definately get hold of a blood pressure monitor and make sure you have medication to counteract any adverse reactions. I hate to think what would have happened if I didn't have a few beta-blockers left over from the time I was on Concerta. I probably would have no longer been around to post any of this and no one would have known that this stuff can kill you.

Be careful.

Edited by Babakk, 21 June 2016 - 06:05 AM.

#4286 psychejunkie

• 205 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:24 AM

I am having very good effects from NSI-189.

It is been ~3 weeks which I take NSI-189 10 mg/day (freebase, Strangelove's) sublingual in morning.

I don't have MDD, but ADD-PI and comorbid depression, which I found NSI-189 very useful with very few side-effects (if any).

Also did limit my drugs/medications intake with NSI-189; So I did drop my stack during this period, except Sertraline 50 mg/day & on-and-off vitamin/herb supplements!

My most profound benefits from NSI-189 are:

1. Risk-taking like a 16-17 year old (Also I laugh more easily and became talkative!)

2. Improved mood and stress-tolerance

3. Improved dream recall & Memory

4. Decreased drug seeking behavior (specially decreased Nicotine cravings!)

NOTE: Some or even all benefits above might be placebo effects, because I didn't check/test any of them! Although, most of them are stable and persistent.

I didn't experience any side-effects that I'd remember.

Regards

Edited by psychejunkie, 21 June 2016 - 06:25 AM.

• Informative x 3

#4287 focus83

• 216 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:24 PM

Here is a link to a news article about a study that looked into NSI-189's mechanism of action:

http://finance.yahoo...-121500099.html

Interesting in particular for those who were wondering why they felt immediate effects!

Quote from the article:

“This is an intriguing and novel effect,” said Dr. Baudry, the study lead researcher.  “NSI-189 had no effect on synaptic transmission and no effect on NMDA receptor properties, but increased LTP magnitude in a time-dependent manner within hours of incubation in hippocampal slices.  Plus, a short-term treatment with the drug restored LTP in hippocampal slices from genetically defective Angelman mice, suggesting NSI-189 may enhance cognition under many different conditions.”

Edited by focus83, 21 June 2016 - 02:35 PM.

• Informative x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#4288 focus83

• 216 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:55 PM

I apologize to anyone who has been offended by my comments, although I don't understand why anyone should be. 

I thought we were supposed to share our experiences here, good and bad. Given the all the animosity directed at me here, is there any wonder that there are not more detail from those who have had less than positive reactions?

Off course it is dangerous to try a chemical not supplied through a licensed manufacturer and there are always dangers of a bad batch creeping through even with those with the best of intentions. Believe it or not this was the first time I took the risk because I have been living with severe MDD for over 25 years. But I made the mistake of not keeping to a much smaller dose for much longer because of all the glowing reports posted here and on the other chat rooms. This is exactly why I insisted to provide more details than others about the potential negative reactions.

Off course I have stopped taking it but I wanted to keep posting about the after effects. I think it was Strangelove who made the observation that those who get positive results don't see the need to continue to post comments here. Something that I agree with but I think exactly the same is true if not more so with those who have had a negative reaction. This is where I wanted to buck the trend. In fact I have been conversing with one other person who had a bad reaction and found out that the after effects were fairly similar.

I am not trying to encourage or discourage anyone from doing anything. All I am saying is:

1) Don't believe all the hype and try to read between lines as well.

2) Be careful, try a much much smaller dose for a much longer time first with every batch.

3) Share more details about your experience, the good and the bad aspects of them regardless of whether they are consistent with those of the trials run by the company whose motives undeniably extend beyond scientific endeavors.

This way it might help others make better informed decisions, e.g. get a better idea about which supplier to use and makes the suppliers more careful about their product.

Anyway this is the sixth day and although things are much better with regards to blood pressure and headaches but fatigue and depth of depression have not yet returned back to base line.

BTW. My CT scans have also confirmed that I have suffered from brain atrophy beyond my age which was something else that I was hoping NSI-189 could address as well. I am 57 years old and I probably won't live long enough to see this product on the market.

Babakk, no worries. Some people, inlcuding me, just felt annoyed, because you simply way overstated the significance of your own bad experience with NSI-189 and then started to sound like Neuralstem or even the entire industry were deliberately trying to harm patients by concealing alleged serious adverse reactions. That, of course, was a little too much considering you based all this on just your own personal experience when even the purity of your NSI-189 is unknown and when you haven't done some rudimentary fact checking. But let's leave it at that now, please. I hope you will fully recover.

In case you ever decide to give NSI-189 another go, you might want to try combining it with Pregablin to keep its stimulating and anxiogenic effects in check. That did the trick for me when I ran my last trial.

Other than that, every report, good or bad, is always very welcome here.

Edited by focus83, 21 June 2016 - 02:56 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#4289 Babakk

• 40 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:43 AM

I am tempted to try NSI-189 again but not before I understand why I had such a bad reaction to it. 

So, I would welcome PMs with details about the initial side effects together with any hypothesis.

I like to confirm that all PMs will be treated in complete confidence.  

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4290 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:45 AM

I am tempted to try NSI-189 again but not before I understand why I had such a bad reaction to it. 

So, I would welcome PMs with details about the initial side effects together with any hypothesis.

I like to confirm that all PMs will be treated in complete confidence.  

You mixed it with an SSRI, correct? It's been done but not tested in large numbers. There's far too many variables when you mix NSI-189 with other meds. The safety has only been tested on its own.

Despite this though, it has been mixed with MAOIs with great results. My NSI-189 experience was greatly enhanced mixing it with Moclobemide.

It's possible you're sensitive to the drug, and especially in conjunction with an SSRI.

Early anxiety symptoms are normal with NSI-189, and that could be linked to your increased blood pressure. I wouldn't call it a dangerously high BP, as exercise induces a higher level. It would only be a concern if it was happening for a long period of time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users