NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#4351 Neurogenisisis

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 July 2016 - 08:30 AM

This is the second day. 40 mg NSI-189 freebase sublingually. No effects, not even side effects. I am updating for those who are interested. I bought mine on ebay by someone with the nickname spogoss, which I am unfortunately not sure yet is a reliable source or that I am just not responding to NSI-189. Some say that it takes a while, but some say they feel it instantly. I'll be continuing for a while, but if nothing happens I will go ahead and buy from a reliable source here on longecity.

Edited by Neurogenisisis, 28 July 2016 - 08:32 AM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2
  • unsure x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#4352 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:05 AM

If you notice anything immediately that would be placebo.

The trials show you don't get the full benefit until the week 4 mark.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4353 focus83

• 216 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 08:52 PM

Wow, nice blanket statement. And so wrong.

This is what Johe recently said:

"NSI-189 is a neurogenic compound in vitro and in vivo, which takes days-to-weeks to produce biological effects,” said Karl Johe, PhD, Neuralstem’s Chief Scientific Officer and discoverer of NSI-189. “Now, with the results in brain slices, we see that NSI-189 can directly and powerfully enhance brain functions in a few hours. This means that NSI-189 activates a specific molecular pathway within hours and its effect is cumulative over exposure time. I am confident that with this brain slice assay, along with our proprietary human hippocampal neural stem cell lines, we will be able to uncover the underlying molecular pathway.”

Source:

http://investor.neur...rol-newsArticle

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#4354 pheanix997

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:37 AM

"NSI-189 is a neurogenic compound in vitro and in vivo, which takes days-to-weeks to produce biological effects,” said Karl Johe, PhD, Neuralstem’s Chief Scientific Officer and discoverer of NSI-189. “Now, with the results in brain slices, we see that NSI-189 can directly and powerfully enhance brain functions in a few hours. This means that NSI-189 activates a specific molecular pathway within hours and its effect is cumulative over exposure time. I am confident that with this brain slice assay, along with our proprietary human hippocampal neural stem cell lines, we will be able to uncover the underlying molecular pathway.”

Source:

I was going to post the same source. IMO the idea that antidepressants take a few weeks to kick in is just a general guideline so that depressed patients don't get discouraged if they don't get immediate results. 

I usually notice the effects of pharmaceuticals the same day - not placebo. 

#4355 Mike Walker

• 9 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 05:40 AM

I ordered from the same guy on Ebay.  No idea if the NSI-189 he is selling is real or not.  It tastes nasty.  I took 40mg in a day and didn't notice anything.  I'm on day 2 as well. 

I'm ordering some from Strangelove either way.

This is the second day. 40 mg NSI-189 freebase sublingually. No effects, not even side effects. I am updating for those who are interested. I bought mine on ebay by someone with the nickname spogoss, which I am unfortunately not sure yet is a reliable source or that I am just not responding to NSI-189. Some say that it takes a while, but some say they feel it instantly. I'll be continuing for a while, but if nothing happens I will go ahead and buy from a reliable source here on longecity.

#4356 Neurogenisisis

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 July 2016 - 05:49 AM

I will be ordering from Strangelove too, because on day three with 40 mg freebase it doesn't do a single thing. No positive effects nor side effects and it is better to start with a reliable source. The price isn't bad either and the communication is good with Strangelove.

I ordered from the same guy on Ebay. No idea if the NSI-189 he is selling is real or not. It tastes nasty. I took 40mg in a day and didn't notice anything. I'm on day 2 as well.
I'm ordering some from Strangelove either way.

Edited by Neurogenisisis, 29 July 2016 - 05:51 AM.

#4357 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:15 AM

SSRIs also rapidly change brain function within hours of dosing. That doesn't mean it will have apparent effects immediately.
Especially with a substance like NSI-189 which have next to no side effects, it hardly feels like you've taken anything at all.

Placebo is far more powerful than people acknowledge, and to say "Definitely not placebo" you cannot discern that yourself.

Source:

#4358 tautomeric

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:07 AM

I want to know what are your expectations with NSI-189;

This is not a miracle pill, the effects are not acute, you should try a 1 month course and then do a review with enough hindsight.

However, it's compulsory that you ensure the product you bought is legit.

@jaiho

This study was conducted on mice with Angelman syndrome. Human users however, report weeks to fell the treatment. This does not means no change is made before that into the brain structure, it just means that one can't say one's a non-respondent in 3 days.

Edited by tautomeric, 29 July 2016 - 08:22 AM.

• Good Point x 1

#4359 Neurogenisisis

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:16 PM

My main quest in life is to feel a wider range of emotions. This stopped during the age of 15 after a stomach flu caused me to loose weight to the level of an anorexic. Then an ulcher was discovered, but I just haven't felt the steamy feeling of "something is in the air", the feeling of expectancy and so forth. It just abruptly ended. Altouugh, if you met me you wouldn't see me as depressed but rather one of those people who laugh a lot and always seems to have a smile.

I use l-tryptophan every night to be able to sleep (I have insomnia because I always seem to want to do things instead of getting to bed) and the feeling just when I fall asleep resemble the exact feeling I've lost as a teenager. This makes me think I could have trouble with the serotonin as it is also a precursor to melatonin. 5-htp just makes me jittery so it does not help much to supplement with that.

Using NSI-189 is an experiment to regain that kind of feeling I had as younger. I am a bit tired to just feel one kind " happiness" which resemble the feeling when you take caffeine. I usually get bored easily and would do anything to appreciate the calmness of feeling the wind swirling by you. I already meditate a lot, but it does not help fully.

I want to know what are your expectations with NSI-189;
This is not a miracle pill, the effects are not acute, you should try a 1 month course and then do a review with enough hindsight.
However, it's compulsory that you ensure the product you bought is legit.

@jaiho
This study was conducted on mice with Angelman syndrome. Human users however, report weeks to fell the treatment. This does not means no change is made before that into the brain structure, it just means that one can't say one's a non-respondent in 3 days.

#4360 Mike Walker

• 9 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 04:31 PM

I am willing to give it a good month to see if it has any effect.  I don't expect instant results.  I just get so sad sometimes, to the point where I'm not sure if I want to continue living.  I am hoping NSI-189 will help with that.  There are people who depend on me and I don't want to let them down.

Edited by Mike Walker, 29 July 2016 - 04:32 PM.

• Well Written x 3
  • Informative x 1

#4361 pheanix997

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 July 2016 - 04:31 PM

SSRIs also rapidly change brain function within hours of dosing. That doesn't mean it will have apparent effects immediately.
Especially with a substance like NSI-189 which have next to no side effects, it hardly feels like you've taken anything at all.

Placebo is far more powerful than people acknowledge, and to say "Definitely not placebo" you cannot discern that yourself.

For me, it simply can't be placebo with NSI-189 because my visual processing efficiency (focusing when looking from one object to the next) becomes perfect while normally it takes a while for me to bring things into focus, and my visual clarity is improved immensely. That's not a placebo reaction. It's a visceral neurological change that I notice, not psychological. Same thing with SSRI's, I notice a visceral change biologically within 1-2 days. 

I treat NSI-189 as similar to a short-acting stimulant, to be honest. The effects come on immediately but wane after about 4-5 hours. 

Perhaps what NSI is correcting in my brain through it's long-term potentiation that occurs within hours doesn't need correcting in yours, hence you notice no difference. 

And with my experience of NSI-189, I'd almost have to say your experiencing a miraculous change on day 22 is more likely to be placebo. 

Edited by pheanix997, 29 July 2016 - 04:33 PM.

#4362 focus83

• 216 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:39 PM

Most people taking an SSRI will immediately feel psychotropic effects, be it side effects or positive effects, even though final treatment success can only be assessed after weeks. SSRI actually belong to those drugs you feel when you're taking them.

For you it maybe felt like you have taken nothing, but MANY people here on Longecity, on reddit and elsewhere on the internet have reported immediate effects ranging from just noticable to very powerful. As always, the way you respond to NSI-189 comes down to your individual makeup. You're making your life a little too easy by brushing off all those people who felt immediate effects as experiencing a "placebo" effect. By your logic any doctor out there prescribing psychotropic medications would have to tell their patients that what they feel is placebo, no matter which (side) effects they experience, just because they are taking the medication outside a controlled environment.

Based on the hundreds of user repots I've read, and the recent statements by Dr. Johe that NSI-189 not only causes DIRECT, but also DIRECT AND POWERFUL effects, I'm convinced that people here mostly haven't experienced a placebo effect. I'm one of those who can feel the NSI-189 right away. It's a very potent effect and I'm sure this can't be placebo, in particular because I felt these effects consistently for months straight.

Then again, lots of people might not feel much from NSI-189 right away and need at least a couple of months to really be certain whether or not they can reap any benefits. Even those who can feel it from day one, likely need many weeks to months to make a definite assessment about how much NSI-189 has helped them. As said before, neurotrophic effects need time to build up.

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#4363 citizen81

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 July 2016 - 11:11 PM

So, I've concluded 2 months of the NSI-189 at 40mg per day for treatment of depression.

I found that the NSI improved memory, and overall my sense of anxiety decreased. This would be in line with the findings that NSI improves LTP and likely increases hippocampal volume. I can't say that the NSI worked as a solo treatment, but as an adjunct therapy, I would recommend. I didn't feel comfortable continuing beyond the 2 month marker, but I'll likely run another 2 month cycle in the future. I'd say it worked best when combined with 5-htp, b vitamins, magnesium, and fish oil.

However, I recently received an intranasal prescription for 30mg of Ketamine, taken 2x per week. This has proven to be, far and away, the most effective treatment I have tried. No noticeable side effects. Works on every level, except sleep (but likely too early to tell). It's wholly possible that the NSI did some much needed repairs, but the Ketamine, within 2 hours of treatment lasts for about 3 days and restores my brain to damn near normal. I haven't been able to try NRX-1074, but that's the next treatment I'm most interested in, assuming that the Ketamine treatments don't hold up (I'm into my 3rd week).

I also tested out teamtlr's GLY-OX extract for about a month. I have to say, the benefits were certainly similar to the Ketamine, although not as lasting or complete. Their 200mg dose taken every 2 days worked well, and the improvements were 2nd only to the Ketamine treatment. But without knowing exactly what I was taking, it made me reticent to continue use. That said, I experienced no side effects. It simply helped me think more clearly, and it paired well with the aniracetam. If you can't find a doctor who will prescribe you the Ketamine, I wouldn't hesitate to at least ask teamtlr for a sample and see if you experience similar results.

However, none of these treatments have improved my insomnia. I still have difficulty falling to sleep, and I can't stay asleep for more than 4-5 hours total. I've had bad sleep since I was a teen, but it's been consistently bad for the last 3 years. Since this insomnia is concurrent with depression, I won't really feel like the depression has been solved until the insomnia also goes away.

That said, I've recently been using Magnesium Threonate in the evenings. Though the results haven't been 100% consistent, the Threonate improves the quality of my sleep dramatically, far better than any sleep aid I've ever tried (and I've tried them all). My guess is that, because it crosses the BBB and affects the NMDA receptors, it's treating the underlying cause. But who the hell knows.

So right now my regiment is:

400mg Sam-e in the morning

B-6

Fish Oil

Multi

Magnesium Threonate

30mg Ketamine every 3 days

100mg 5htp in the evening

Though it's only been a couple of weeks, this is working better than anything I've tried --figured I would login to report it. Like I said, I'll likely throw NSI back into the rotation in the future. Seemed to compliment treatment well.

#4364 jaybird10 2

• 76 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 July 2016 - 11:55 PM

Do you get the intrannasal ketamine prescribed by a psychiatrist?

#4365 citizen81

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 July 2016 - 12:52 AM

It was prescribed by a pain doctor/anesthesiologist upon explaining a history of depression. I did a fair amount of research to find someone in my network who also did ketamine infusion therapy, which implied the doctor was likely familiar with the anti-depressant benefits. I requested the infusion therapy, but given the nature of insurance, this was the most cost effective option. The nasal spray is made by a compounding pharmacy. I would assume that this could be prescribed by virtually any doctor, it's just a matter of finding one who has read the literature on ketamine's efficacy for treating depression. My traditional GP was not acquainted with this off-label use, so I had to find someone who was.

#4366 Miguel Pedro

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:28 AM

Hi, I bought 1 gram some months ago from irc.bio but they are not selling it anymore. Is strangelove the only source now or is there anybody else selling? I should have bought more.

For smaller, but especially for "bulk" amounts, I am sure there is no one else cheaper. Intellimeds mentioned before is about three times as expensive.

Hey Strangelove-aniki I've sent you a pm. 

#4367 tautomeric

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 July 2016 - 02:38 PM

You guys should vote here : http://www.longecity...ts-for-nsi-189/

This poll is definitivly interresting and useful

Edited by tautomeric, 30 July 2016 - 02:39 PM.

#4368 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:24 PM

There is large poll in reddit also with similar results.

I believe that for some, the results would be better starting from a smaller oral dose first. We are not sure about sublingual bioavailability and maybe some are overdosing without realizing it. For some (like myself) a 20mg oral dose is enough for a good antidepressant effect.

#4369 pheanix997

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:55 AM

There is large poll in reddit also with similar results.

I believe that for some, the results would be better starting from a smaller oral dose first. We are not sure about sublingual bioavailability and maybe some are overdosing without realizing it. For some (like myself) a 20mg oral dose is enough for a good antidepressant effect.

Yeah same. Too much gives a little head pressure. 

#4370 Mike Walker

• 9 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:53 PM

Is it safe to take NSI-189 with tianeptine (Stablon)?

Just wondering because my wife and I want to try NSI-189 but we know it takes some time (a month or more) to really do its work.  Can we take tianeptine at the same time to get immediate relief? 

#4371 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:37 PM

Just wondering because my wife and I want to try NSI-189 but we know it takes some time (a month or more) to really do its work.  Can we take tianeptine at the same time to get immediate relief? 

Yes, in the reddit poll the two most common combos were NSI-189 and Tianeptine, and NSI-189 and Noopept.

The addition of Tianeptine is better for an antidepressant effect.

#4372 tautomeric

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:06 PM

Yes, in the reddit poll the two most common combos were NSI-189 and Tianeptine, and NSI-189 and Noopept.

Can you post the link of that poll please ?

Or maybe you're talking about https://www.reddit.c...89_public_poll/

Edited by tautomeric, 01 August 2016 - 10:08 PM.

• Informative x 1

#4373 pheanix997

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:50 AM

Can anyone comment on whether the profound improvement in visual clarity that I experience is probably more likely due to a subtle psychadelic-like effect of NSI-189, or due to general cognitive enhancement (LTP etc.). 

Edited by pheanix997, 02 August 2016 - 12:51 AM.

#4374 Finn

• 135 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:56 AM

Is it this poll?

https://docs.google....o/viewanalytics

In "Please list anything you dosed alongside your NSI-189 use." section 14 people mention tianeptine. That is relatively small sample.

Pharmacodynamic interaction might be unlikely based on the NSI-189 Binding Activities data, but there has been no data released for us to make any kind of conclusion of pharmacokinetic drug interactions.

https://en.wikipedia...rug_interaction

Drug interactions may be the result of various processes. These processes may include alterations in the pharmacokinetics of the drug, such as alterations in the absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion (ADME) of a drug. Alternatively, drug interactions may be the result of the pharmacodynamic properties of the drug, e.g. the co-administration of a receptor antagonist and an agonist for the same receptor. 

#4375 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:37 PM

Is it this poll?

https://docs.google....o/viewanalytics

In "Please list anything you dosed alongside your NSI-189 use." section 14 people mention tianeptine. That is relatively small sample.

Pharmacodynamic interaction might be unlikely based on the NSI-189 Binding Activities data, but there has been no data released for us to make any kind of conclusion of pharmacokinetic drug interactions.

https://en.wikipedia...rug_interaction

Drug interactions may be the result of various processes. These processes may include alterations in the pharmacokinetics of the drug, such as alterations in the absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion (ADME) of a drug. Alternatively, drug interactions may be the result of the pharmacodynamic properties of the drug, e.g. the co-administration of a receptor antagonist and an agonist for the same receptor. 

Yes, this is it. Although 14 responders that use NSI-189 and tianeptine are not many, this adds up to many other reports on line in Longecity and Reddit, noone mentioned a bad interaction, the opposite. I always add tianeptine to NSI-189 when going out, I feel more social and less serious with it. If anyone wants some cheap tianeptine sulfate, send me a PM, I still have a good amount left.

#4376 Khaorg

• 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:51 PM

Anybody tried NSI-189 together with PRL8-53 and Noopept?

• Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#4377 Acausal

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:39 PM

Khaorg, I have. That's been my daily regimen for about a week now. Before that I was cycling PRL-8-53 and Noopept about 1 week on, 1 week off for the last month. I'm guessing I'm a strong responder to NSI-189, I noticed within 2 or 3 days that something is different. Hard to say precisely, but it has been somewhat challenging in a way. I feel like I've got a bit more of my emotional range than I have had for the past several months or so, which unfortunately means a lot of emotional stresses that I'd been able to previously ignore are now at the forefront of my mind again. This isn't actually bad, I notice with a lot of antidepressant-type things you have a period of time where things get harder before they get easier, although it varies a lot as to how long that takes. But it seems like it "shook something loose", which medium to long term is good.

I think it has real potential, at least for whatever biochemical subset of the population I'm in. 

(Also, Strangelove - sent you a PM)

#4378 biomimicry

• 5 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 09:57 PM

I've been taking 20mg of NSI (from several sources)since January and the results have been great. There were some rough patches in the first month or two, but adjusting the dosage and adding a DA agonist has paid off handsomely for me. I feel much better, depression is gone, productivity continues to slowly get better, and my sense of humor has returned in full force. Will this compound work for everyone? I doubt that and I feel for the folks who aren't seeing results. This particular compound met the needs of my psychiatric needs, that being stress induced brain damage akin to PTSD.

My current stack is:

NSI-189 20 mg

PPAP 30 mg (may also substitute PRL or 9-me-bc on some days)

300-900mg of Alpha GPC

300mg Phosphatidyl Serine

150mg of Jiaogulan

fish oil

folic acid

p-5-p

Niacin and CBD oil before bed.

Interestingly prior to NSI + DA support, I was largely intolerant of both choline and PS. Both made for a terrible day whenever I took them but I started taking them again about 2 months ago as an experiment to test the notion that perhaps my brain could deal better with increased choline/NE/DA levels now that my hippocampus is supposedly rehabbed a bit. Not only can I tolerate these compounds, but they enhance the positive effects for me..better cognition, clarity, mood, energy etc. Hard to describe in a short post, but everything is quite a bit better than say 3-5 years ago when I was very close to being a nonfunctional person due to major depression, brain fog, a huge reduction in memory, libido, and motivation.

In my uneducated opinion, I think NSI sets the stage for recovery and I found that by itself the results were pretty good but not great. I was lifted out of major depression and slowly, either because of hippocampal neurogenisis or tweaking dosages of my stack or both, I've been able to make noticeable progress towards being myself again and maybe even a tad better.

Hey, are you on  /r/nootropics by any chance? I think I've read a write-up of yours about PPAP. I'm currently trialing PPAP and plan to give NSI-189 another shot. Are you still taking this combination?

Also, does anyone have any experience with the pop-up store that bluebrainboost put out about half a year ago, buy-nsi-189.com, and whether what they had was legit? I bought 5 grams of the stuff and was getting a persistent twitch in an eyelid that I'm hoping wasn't related.

#4379 IP3

• 101 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:03 AM

Strangelove, please anwswer to my pm.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4380 Mike Walker

• 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:53 AM

I bought some supposedly NSI-189 phosphate on eBay and recommended to dissolve it in Everclear alcohol. However, I tried, and it won't dissolve. It's more like a suspension I have to shake each time I use it. All the powder settles to the bottom.

Does that mean it's not really NSI-189? Who knows what I've been ingesting... It sure tastes terrible whatever it is.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users