NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#5551 SoundsAboutRight

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:40 AM

First, I would like to say I am sorry that you are experiencing trouble.

I have gone through this entire thread - all 185 pages. I do not think I have come across any posts like the ones that have been recently made within the last page. Are these fake because each user is relatively new... except for some burning in the head, increased anxiety, increased anger, and one account of dullness in the head that never truly faded I believe...

I feel like anyone that experienced such negative side effects from a drug would have long ago posted there story in detail for those that were consider in digesting the drug. So others could balance the negatives with the positives.

Edited by mfad, 13 August 2017 - 04:48 AM.

• like x 2
  • Agree x 1

#5552 Code_of_error

• 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:18 AM

First of all, if my account was fake and had some sort of "discredit NSI" agenda, I wouldn't have said the drug changed my life. Well, actually, I suppose I WOULD have said that if I was shill though. Furthermore, if my goal was to paint this drug in a negative light, I probably wouldn't have brought up potential confounding variables in my former post. You see, whether my experience was positive or negative, someone could erroneously infer ulterior motives.

But in any case, my experience appears to be very mixed. I experienced PROFOUND emotional depth from this drug, some of which has stayed with me to this day. But these pain symptoms are still pesky. And while they may be unrelated or only partially related to NSI-189 at this point, I would like feedback from others. 

I have posted about NSI-189 so many times on Reddit under this screen name (my posts are contained in that recent megafile being shared around Reddit and nootropics Facebook groups) and have spoken to countless users about this drug. I have heard about pain/numbing side effects quite often. One user messaged me saying the effects were persistent, so this is not unheard of. I am just wondering how many people are out there to try and gauge the likelihood this problem can be attributed to NSI-189. Again, I remain open-minded. I am just currently feeling a little anxious about the issue and wanted to make a post here. I am in the process of eliminating several supplements to rule everything out. 

Edited by Code_of_error, 13 August 2017 - 05:33 AM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5553 AOIministrator

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:19 PM

Doing the group-buyed powders from Chinese Labs isn't exactly Russian Roulette, but surely there *are* in fact quality issues to expect and hence risks to account for beyond just doing research chemicals.

Its such a shame that Ceretropic isn't selling anymore, because it is a fairly sized company that has far better means to do QC than we can do. Also the owners are testing a lot of the stuff on themselves .. tells quite something.

Strangelove does the best job possible and we all should be thankful that he doesn't just quit it. Look at the prices and the effort he has communicating with us, doing GC/MS, Paypal bans, and so forth. His profit margin is very very small.

Of course I would instantly prefer buying Big Pharma pills for double or triple the price. Shame those don't exist.

Edited by AOIministrator, 13 August 2017 - 02:22 PM.

• Agree x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#5554 Kaine

• 17 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:55 PM

I see now after this happened to me how ridiculous it is to try some untested ineffective counterfeit chemical when safe , proven neuroprotective, neurotrophic/neuroregenerating substances like Cerebrolyson exist which work against almost all psychiatric and neurological ilnesses in clinical trials, including treatment resistant depression.

Cerebrolysin has huge benefits for every brain, its even given to tens of thousands of babies in Russia to enhance brain development and treat even the most mild developmental delays with success.

A interesting study in detoxing heroin addicts I read showed that only 20 injections of 10ml Cerebrolysin ameliorated almost all opiate withdrawal and abstinence symtoms, cured their depression and increased their IQ from 88 to 107 points whereas the Placebo groups IQ increased only three points after withdrawal and all suffered severe absitence symptoms.

I havent personally noticed as huge of an effect from Cerebrolysin as reported in those studies but it has helped me more than anything else from recovering from psychiatric drugs and NSI-189 toxicity.

Do you have some sources for those Cerebrolysin claims? Generally it seems to be quite well-praised in nootropic communities. I did a cycle of 15 x 10 ml, and was expecting a whole lot after all the good reviews I had read. Unfortunately, I felt nothing. I'm still interested in reading more about it, however. 

#5555 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:31 PM

First, I would like to say I am sorry that you are experiencing trouble.

I have gone through this entire thread - all 185 pages. I do not think I have come across any posts like the ones that have been recently made within the last page. Are these fake because each user is relatively new... except for some burning in the head, increased anxiety, increased anger, and one account of dullness in the head that never truly faded I believe...

I feel like anyone that experienced such negative side effects from a drug would have long ago posted there story in detail for those that were consider in digesting the drug. So others could balance the negatives with the positives.

I just saw the recent negative posts and pretty much this is what I would have responded. Anyone that have read all this mega thread would clearly get another picture of the positive, versus the rare negative effects of NSI-189.

Also sorry, but I find it a little puzzling why someone that had these horrible side effects, first eight months ago would not get back to us here to warn others. Where are the other many negative experiences (with serious side effects) from NSI-189? Could we get some links? 

There are many extremely positive reports from long term members with hundrends of posts in all those years we are using NSI-189, I cannot think how all these very experienced members in nootropics are shilling.

Also, swisscurrie how are you qualified to say how something is pure or not? With all these accussations (and looking our PMs) I can give you the link with the page I posted my third party analysis in this thread before. I am one of the very few I did a testing for NSI-189. Paresthesia its an extremely rare side effect, I am very sorry that you had all these side effects (I am getting a better picture now that you are not here to trash NSI-189) but you have to understand that many others have a completely different experience. You should have stopped immediately and come here for some advice, why you had to continue using it after the very first pain you experienced? I wish you had got back to me, to say the obvious, to stop using it!

On the other hand, I have received ten's of extremely positive PMs (I have over 1000 messages in my inbox) I have a clear conscience that I have provided something that helped many. I had a member telling me that can fuction again after extreme PTSD over a decade (her son shot himself on the face in front of her) someone in Australia getting genius memory level, and many others saying how they started feeling normal after many years of depression. I hope you will get better as soon as possible, but your reaction is somewhat unfair. I have tested my source, and if you had googled the pain from paresthesia you would find 3-4 other minor cases over many thousands that stopped using NSI-189 and got over it. 

• Agree x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#5556 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:18 AM

NSI-189 is a drug... Some want to call it "nootropic" mostly for marketing reasons. If you check the side-effects over almost every drug there are some serious side effects. The part where you should stop using it and consult with your doctor... NSI-189 seems to have very few side effects for an antidepressant substance but is not totally benign. No need to say it, but nothing is totally benign, some can die from an allergy from peanuts.

Paresthesia is a rare but serious side effect that has been discussed before. Very few got it in the past from past custom synthesis also. Its the first case reported from my batch, and I have send to hundred others. I have tested my source and I have been using it myself for more than two years now. I have found sources with low purity before that of course I did not get any NSI-189 from. I have send to other members (like Bukujutsu) in large amounts, Bukujutsu got about 80grams in exchange for another chemical he sent me. He has used most of this very large amount with no side-effects at all.

Another user that got serious side effects a few months ago had neuro-lyme. Swisscurrie after reading your starting PM post, I suggested you should get tested for a chronic infection as some of the symptoms were not just depression, any feedback on this? Its possible (if you have a chronic condition) apart from the stimulatory effects of NSI-189 shocking your system that you are getting worst over time? In the past myself (and for no apparent reason) I got brain fog, derealization, lethargy, low concentration that was the result of a chronic infection that I now fixed (with over 5 years everyday research) and with a lot of personal loss due to the serious illness, I ll bring something to the market that I believe is revolutionary.

#5557 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:00 AM

NSI-189 is a drug... Some want to call it "nootropic" mostly for marketing reasons. If you check the side-effects over almost every drug there are some serious side effects. The part where you should stop using it and consult with your doctor... NSI-189 seems to have very few side effects for an antidepressant substance but is not totally benign. No need to say it, but nothing is totally benign, some can die from an allergy from peanuts.

Paresthesia is a rare but serious side effect that has been discussed before. Very few got it in the past from past custom synthesis also. Its the first case reported from my batch, and I have send to hundred others. I have tested my source and I have been using it myself for more than two years now. I have found sources with low purity before that of course I did not get any NSI-189 from. I have send to other members (like Bukujutsu) in large amounts, Bukujutsu got about 80grams in exchange for another chemical he sent me. He has used most of this very large amount with no side-effects at all.

Another user that got serious side effects a few months ago had neuro-lyme. Swisscurrie after reading your starting PM post, I suggested you should get tested for a chronic infection as some of the symptoms were not just depression, any feedback on this? Its possible (if you have a chronic condition) apart from the stimulatory effects of NSI-189 shocking your system that you are getting worst over time? In the past myself (and for no apparent reason) I got brain fog, derealization, lethargy, low concentration that was the result of a chronic infection that I now fixed (with over 5 years everyday research) and with a lot of personal loss due to the serious illness, I ll bring something to the market that I believe is revolutionary.

What sort of infection are you talking about?

BTW - we might need a special thread for this, neuropsychiatric disease caused by infections, since it does pop up now and then, among members here.

#5558 rjfm

• 21 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:37 PM

Well, fwiw, i'm 4 grams in and no signs of paresthesia.

#5559 Puppalupacus

• 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:05 PM

He's not going to be back.  He just wanted to be a victim.  Shame on Strangelove for not holding his hand through every dose.

• Needs references x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • Agree x 1

#5560 underthewaves

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:36 AM

Hi, I'm new here. Just discovered NSI 189 and this thread, and I'm astonished. I would like more than anything to get my hands on some to try. Is there a group buy in the works? Can I post in a particular thread or contact Strangelove or...?
  • Ill informed x 1

#5561 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:26 AM

HEY... now that the drug has failed its trial for Depression, do any of you think it's possible that Neuralstem will be revealing how the heck this drug WORKS?? Because I'm still darn mighty curious! = )

Hi, I'm new here. Just discovered NSI 189 and this thread, and I'm astonished. I would like more than anything to get my hands on some to try. Is there a group buy in the works? Can I post in a particular thread or contact Strangelove or...?

There are multiple avenues to obtain the drug - you can contact any of these users:

Strangelove,

Ark,

MrNootropic

Just remember that it's a drug, with side-effects, and that it's not a miracle, just another way of treating depression, and possibly helpful for milder forms of brain-damage.

It should also be noted, that I have seen many whom get the BEST results from the drug, when they add it to ANOTHER antidepressant - something like an SSRI - or multiple other AD's.

It stacks well, since it has a mysterious and supposedly unique mode of action, differing from all other known AD's.

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 17 August 2017 - 09:27 AM.

#5562 underthewaves

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:44 AM

Yes, thanks Stinkorninjor. I've read much of this thread as well as research elsewhere - think I know about as much as I reasonably can. I'll contact one of the users you mentioned. Thank you.
  • Agree x 1

#5563 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:32 PM

Yes, thanks Stinkorninjor. I've read much of this thread as well as research elsewhere - think I know about as much as I reasonably can. I'll contact one of the users you mentioned. Thank you.

No prob's mate, no prob's. Happy to help another seeker out there, in the internet wilderness. = )

If I may ask, what symptoms are you going to use NSI-189 to treat, btw?

In theory, it's best for trauma-induced Depression, like such caused by PTSD or Occupational Burnout - do you have such a diagnosis?

#5564 underthewaves

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:59 PM

It's complicated. I have something along the lines of depression/PTSD as well as a fairly severe neuroimmune disorder for which there is no treatment. Among other things, it causes severe brain fog and cognitive issues. I have tried everything imaginable and this looks worth a try. The risk (unknown long term effects, possible immediate effects) seems worth the possible rewards.

#5565 Twindaddy37

• 92 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:43 PM

I haven't been on in a while, though these posts still get sent to my email and i occasionally keep track of them. I thought i would chime in on the recent negative account that has been splashed on here. In my experience (and i have been off NSI for close to two months), NSI 189 has been the MOST benign medication i have ever taken as far as side effects go. In my 20s i took ssris, snris, tricyclics. I've taken benzos, every hard drug, peptides, steroids, nootropics, experimental compounds.... and the list goes on. Going in, NSI feels benign, while on it, it feels benign, and coming off it it feels benign. I've cycled it, taken it for extended periods (4 months on) and used it occasionally as a booster. In my experience it gives a noticeable, clean feeling mood boost, a mild color saturating effect and this effect i like to call the cartoon effect (where life feels a little less harsh, but almost more comforting, like that feeling of softness you feel standing on the edge of the ocean- reminiscent of a medication that works on serotonin) and a mild memory/emotional depth benefit. Coming off of the medication i noticed absolutely nothing abnormal. Coming off an SSRI feels like dog shit (brain zaps and vertigo and just general malaise). Everyone has a different experience- but all signs point to either that guy was a troll, or like strangelove says has some serious underlying condition. If you have a negative effect to ANYTHING, stop it immediately, this is common sense. Good work helping all these people strangelove, not everyone can be helped, but you sure have helped a TON of people. Bravo. Also if you've been pumping your system full of medications and are still suffering i would recommend taking a break from all substances. Make sure your recent physical with your primary physician is up to date with a comprehensive blood work up. Get a gym membership, go to bed earlier, wake earlier- start light with workouts, hit the suana after to sweat out toxic buildup. Change your diet to include lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, less meat, add fish. Get yourself some liposomal glutathione and liposomal vitamin c, and run those for 6 months straight with the diet and exercise routine. Life is a balancing act. If you put all your eggs in one basket and hope for the best you will be let down. 

Edited by Twindaddy37, 17 August 2017 - 03:59 PM.

• Agree x 2

#5566 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:00 PM

Thanks Twindaddy, this is the exact same stuff I sent to you. I have had 1031 private messages these two last years, most are for NSI-189. I did not make this chemical... I cannot take any credit, but there are some very positive experiences I got in private over these last years that have made my day again and again. For some it has been very helpful, for others did nothing. Overall I am very sure it had a positive impact. I do not think that Swisscurrie is lying, but he was not communicative. I searched for his past message, when I saw his symptoms I asked if he was thinking a possible chronic infection was involved to help him by other means also, but I never got any feedback, most importantly he did not write to tell me he experienced neuropathic pain or the other symptoms. The very few that experienced similar got better when they stopped right away. Moreover, he had some of the symptoms before NSI-189 to a smaller degree, how he can be sure all this is from NSI-189 and not from a sudden progression from his past condition. I had symptoms out of nowhere that started one day and lasted for the next five years. Its quite possible that he is a unique case in the side effects profile, and I regret sending him any, but he was actively searching for it, and he found another source too. Informed self medication some times is the way to go, but I now realize that for people trying for the first time it may not be as streightforward as it seems.

#5567 Burn3r

• 5 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:26 PM

I did (slightly irregular) dosing for a month straight a while back.
It felt great during the entire cycle, it instantly boosted my mood which was very low when i started.
The first few days where introspective and even felt spiritual in a way.

The hard part (for me) came when i stopped taking it, i probably got more depressed then ever.
This depression didn't succumb for at least another month and was very rough.
I did however combine it with some other chems a couple of times, and my life was pretty messed up.
During the time i also developed some sleeping problems that i still have, im not sure these are connected though.

The Nsi changed my brain in ways that are difficult to quantify or measure abstractly, but the difference is there.
It´s really been rejuvenated in plasticity aspects like learning, fluidity and understanding complex concepts.
To me this is a very interesting compound, and i just wanted to share my experience!

#5568 swisscurrie

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:10 PM

Like I said, I was not in perfect health before NSI-189. But I had atleast ten less probelms than I did three weeks after starting it when I was hit with extreme anxiety, paresthesias, dullness, slow motor skills and severe fatigue as chronic pain and sudden shooting pains all over my body which have yet to go away and have made my life living hell.

I took 80mg/day which may have been to much but I have read others who took more so I dont think that I overdosed.

Lets look at the facts that even neuralstem admits:
-NSI-189 has been throughly tested on less than a hundred people and in the phase 2 trial which is not yet finished a few hundred more.
-It does not work significantly better than placebo against depression.
-It has more side effects than placebo.
-Neuralstems stocks have plummeted by over sixty percent since the preliminary phase 3 results were released and the fompany is expected to go bankrupt soon. "Neuralstem is doomed" is the first article that pops up on google. There will be no phase 3 trial. NSI-189 is poison that doesnt work just like so many hundreds of other drugs which everyone got excited about following phase 1 trials in like 30 people and then turned out to be toxic to human health, dangerous and ineffective.
-Its mechanism of action is unkown.
-It supposedly works through structurally changing the brain, specifically enlarging the hippocampus.
-Neither neuralstem nor we know what the consequences of these changes are but from what happened to me and over a ten others I have personally been in contact with who have been permanently damaged with similar neurotoxic symptoms as me this is no benign substance.
My sister actually tried some of strangeloves NSI-189 phosphate last november, after I showed her some of the phase 1 data, and she also got patesthesias and severe anxiety/panic attacks. She stopped after one week use and recovered fully a few weeks later but sais it was the scariest experience of her life.

This is no benign substance. Just use cerebrolysin. It works against everything NSI was supposed to but didn't and has virtually no side effects.

Strangelove you keep claiming that you have helped hundreds of people with a substance that doesn't differentiate itself from placebo in the official trial. Unless you are willing to share these testimonies please stop repeating yourself.

Btw strangelove i didn't message you after I developed these toxic synptoms because I have seen your denial on this thread of other peoples bad experiences and how you trivialized and played down any side effects so I decided to contact IRC.bio instead as I thought they would be more knowledgeable. I can assure you that IRC.bio and me exchanged many long emails regarding my toxic reaction to NSI-189 and they stopped selling it altogether because of my reaction. Email them and ask them if you don't believe me.

I have read through this entire thread and more than half of users who tried NSI-189 either got bad side effects or it didn't work. Some reported persistent damage but were immediately dismissed by this community as lying or mistaking the obvious side effects which coincided with their use of NSI-189 as their underlying condition.

Edited by swisscurrie, 17 August 2017 - 10:23 PM.

#5569 AOIministrator

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:37 PM

HEY... now that the drug has failed its trial for Depression, do any of you think it's possible that Neuralstem will be revealing how the heck this drug WORKS?? Because I'm still darn mighty curious! = )

Best clue:

TargetPredictionReport.jpg

In short 5-HT1A, D2, D3. Too sad its often dead on wrong.

Edited by AOIministrator, 17 August 2017 - 10:39 PM.

#5570 underthewaves

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:45 PM

What does that mean?

#5571 AOIministrator

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:20 PM

Well disregarding that its only a prediction, NSI-189 seems to do the opposite of what most antipsychotics were designed to do. Which is nowadays reidentified as harmful and stupid.

#5572 Puppalupacus

• 60 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:51 PM

Like I said, I was not in perfect health before NSI-189. But I had atleast ten less probelms than I did three weeks after starting it when I was hit with extreme anxiety, paresthesias, dullness, slow motor skills and severe fatigue as chronic pain and sudden shooting pains all over my body which have yet to go away and have made my life living hell.

I took 80mg/day which may have been to much but I have read others who took more so I dont think that I overdosed.

-NSI-189 has been throughly tested on less than a hundred people and in the phase 2 trial which is not yet finished a few hundred more.
-Neuralstems stocks have plummeted by over sixty percent since the preliminary phase 3 results were released and the fompany is expected to go bankrupt soon. "Neuralstem is doomed" is the first article that pops up on google. There will be no phase 3 trial. NSI-189 is poison that doesnt work just like so many hundreds of other drugs which everyone got excited about following phase 1 trials in like 30 people and then turned out to be toxic to human health, dangerous and ineffective.
-It supposedly works through structurally changing the brain, specifically enlarging the hippocampus.
-Neither neuralstem nor we know what the consequences of these changes are but from what happened to me and over a ten others I have personally been in contact with who have been permanently damaged with similar neurotoxic symptoms as me this is no benign substance.
My sister actually tried some of strangeloves NSI-189 phosphate last november, after I showed her some of the phase 1 data, and she also got patesthesias and severe anxiety/panic attacks. She stopped after one week use and recovered fully a few weeks later but sais it was the scariest experience of her life.

This is no benign substance. Just use cerebrolysin. It works against everything NSI was supposed to but didn't and has virtually no side effects.

Strangelove you keep claiming that you have helped hundreds of people with a substance that doesn't differentiate itself from placebo in the official trial. Unless you are willing to share these testimonies please stop repeating yourself.

Btw strangelove i didn't message you after I developed these toxic synptoms because I have seen your denial on this thread of other peoples bad experiences and how you trivialized and played down any side effects so I decided to contact IRC.bio instead as I thought they would be more knowledgeable. I can assure you that IRC.bio and me exchanged many long emails regarding my toxic reaction to NSI-189 and they stopped selling it altogether because of my reaction. Email them and ask them if you don't believe me.

I have read through this entire thread and more than half of users who tried NSI-189 either got bad side effects or it didn't work. Some reported persistent damage but were immediately dismissed by this community as lying or mistaking the obvious side effects which coincided with their use of NSI-189 as their underlying condition.

Then why the hell did you keep taking it?  Go doom-say somewhere else, and it's good to know who the jackass was that forced irc.bio from carrying it anymore.  People like you should stick strictly with doctors telling you what to do.  You lack the capability to intelligently experiment and the personal accountability to stop blaming others for your own idiocy.

Edited by Puppalupacus, 17 August 2017 - 11:52 PM.

• like x 2
  • Well Written x 1

#5573 Shithead

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:29 AM

I am very doubtful that the majority of people trying these "drugs" even actually know what they are taking, or what contaminants might be in them, such as heavy metals, which definitely can cause severe neurological damage. It's incredible that people are so desperate that they are willing to play Russian roulette with the odds strongly against them. One would have to test these substances themselves (and not just "trust somebody") through an independent, certified US laboratory with gas chromatography-mass spectrophotometry, and NMR, and also perform specific assays for heavy metals, because these are neurologically very toxic. If you fall in that category, and have had serious symptoms, then you must see a Neurologist, and tell them what you have done, and undergo extensive testing for all the possibilities. I can only hope that you have not contaminated yourself with organic heavy metal toxins. If you are not willing or able to do that, then you will never know. If you have done that, or plan to after reading this, and want to prevent others from being injured similarly as you say you do, then you must share the data with this board, and provide the evidence (scanned images of your relevant results, doctor's notes, etc.), so that we can know (with as much certainty as is possible on an online forum!!), because no one should just blindly accept anyone's comments as definitive proof of anything.

#5574 Shithead

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:40 AM

I appreciate everyone's posts. This has been a very enlightening experience, for which I am grateful, as it has clearly demonstrated how risky these pursuits could be, physically, neurologically, and on one's wallet (and If only the latter, then you have been extremely lucky).

#5575 Burn3r

• 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:13 AM

Imo it´s up to oneself to gauge the risks associated with consuming substances like this.

Everyone also got a unique risk tolerance for experimentation.

I spent a lot of time researching and to the best of my knowledge making sure this would be suited for me before jumping in.

Most antidepressants or medication in general carry side effects, so in that sense i did not except a miracle,

and in my case the longer term effects has so far been worth it.

#5576 Finn

• 135 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:13 AM

NSI-189 is  a product of screening process, that kind of development process doesn't require understanding of how it works, I'd say it is likely Neuralstem doesn't know it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSI-189

The compound's activity was discovered using phenotypic screening with a library of 10,269 compounds to identify compounds that promoted neurogenesis in vitro.[3] As of 2016 the target of the compound was unknown but it appeared to promote neurogenesis in rodents.[2][3]

https://en.wikipedia...typic_screening

Phenotypic screening historically has been the basis for the discovery of new drugs. Compounds are screened in cellular or animal disease models to identify compounds that cause a desirable change in phenotype. Only after the compounds have been discovered are efforts made to determine the biological targets of the compounds - a process known as target deconvolution. 

Edited by Finn, 18 August 2017 - 06:24 AM.

• Informative x 1

#5577 Finn

• 135 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:23 AM

Best clue:

http://www.longecity...on/#entry808941

Neuralstem has released summary of  their de novo screening and DISCOVERX KinomeScan results, there doesn't seem to be any significant overlapping with those computer simulation results. Computer simulations have their limits, producing the substance and running actual screenings on it are often necessary for better results.

post-40578-0-97262100-1489402096.jpg

http://www.longecity...e-2#entry812610

Neuralstem claimed in their presentation "No binding or functioanal activities against 900 other kinases (DISCOVERX KinomeScan)" The assay list contains JAK1, JAK2 and JAK3.

https://www.discover...ling/kinomescan

Edited by Finn, 18 August 2017 - 06:39 AM.

#5578 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:44 AM

Best clue:

TargetPredictionReport.jpg

Yeah, I've seen the simulation-report, I actually linked the thread a few months back.

Problems is, unless Neuralstem is lying, those sim-results are, alas, incorrect - JAK-STAT was one of the targets they tested the drug on, and reported that it has no affinity for. They revealed the most prominent affinities of the drug, and they include D2, D3, but 5ht3 instead of 5ht1, as I recall - HOWever... the affinities were hella' weak, and so they came to the conclusion that it's not the effects on cathecolamines or such receptors, which convey the neurogenic effects.

If anything, I think it probably affects ANOTHER metabolic pathway regarding amino-acids, just perhaps not JAK-STAT.

EDIT:

I see now that Finn reposted the earlier info.

I'm not quite as convinced that Neuralstem doesn't have at least an idea of how it works by now - they have done so much research since those first KinomeScan -results - especially with animal testing, where one can use a much more heavy-handed approach when it comes to finding out what a drug does - i.e cutting up brains and inserting measuring-equipment, and doing constant blood-tests, et c, et c.

I suppose it would be logical for them to NOT reveal how it works though, even though the drug didn't reach its projections, yeah? Because then they can keep developing a NEW drug, which works on the same exclusive, unique pathway, which none of their competitors have a single CLUE about.

It does sound a bit conspiratorial, the note up above though, admittedly...

BTW... while we're at it, do you figure they'll release any data on the potential metabolism of NSI-189? They SHOULD know this part! Blood-testing for the CYP450 enzymes prior and after treatment with NSI-189 should at least reveal some differences in enzymatic levels, and they could be able to screen for compounds with similar structures to NSI-189, to find the potential metabolites.

That metabolic data would be so damn helpful here... it could allow all of us to figure out what can be used safely with NSI-189 - we know that cathecolamine-wise, you can stack it with pretty much ANYTHING, but we don't know how that effects plasma-levels of NSI and other compounds.

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 18 August 2017 - 06:55 AM.

#5579 Twindaddy37

• 92 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:57 PM

Can you please ask the ten others whom you have had contact with to come on here and share their negative experience with us. That would be helpful, as you think they would have come on here and already done so- because that's what people do when they have horrible experiences with drugs- post all about it all over the internet to warn others and to vent. You bash this white powder, yet keep telling people to inject an unknown liquid neuropeptide derived from pigs into their muscles(the only way to administer this).- that to me sounds far more dangerous than taking NSI 189. Just saying. The only side effect i got from this medication was an eyelid twitch or small muscle twitch on my face somewhere that went away in one day. Can you also post a few of your email exchanges with IRC.bio. Thank you. 

Edited by Twindaddy37, 18 August 2017 - 03:02 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5580 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:36 PM

I do not have the time to go over past PMs to prove me right, a moderator could see 1033 messages right now and this is the only negative report like this. I ll post just this PM from the guy from Australia I mentioned before, its the same NSI-189 I have sent to others. 

"That is really great news! I'm glad you are also getting positive results from this stuff, I personally think it's an amazing substance! I still find the improvement on my short term memory nothing short than mind-boggling. I feel like I've gained a  greater insight into the workings of the mind and I can see how much of a drastic role memory plays in intelligence. 

Thanks Peter, yes I will take a look on the main thread and join in on the conversation. I am surprised there aren't more people getting the positive memory improvements that I am getting. I think I am very lucky though as I also don't notice any adverse side effects, even when I take up 100mg. A notice an elevated stimulation but nothing adverse. Believe it or not, the more I take the better my memory retrieval gets. It's quite amazing, for example, with minor effort I can recall what a had for lunch everyday for the last couple of weeks. If I took a larger dose, I would be able to retrieve stored memory from further back in time.

Yes I would say that I am having more mental energy, but the cause for this seems mostly to occur while there is a direct stimulating action from the NSI and before the half-life of the drug starts to dissipate from my system, rather than from any permanent change that has occurred in my brain from the drug itself. Having said that, I have to say that yes that since starting NSI I feel I am using a greater part of my brain in the sense that I am quite certain that there has been rapid neuronal and dendrite growth in areas specified in the research on NSI-189, and yes this gives me the sense that I am using more of my brain than I would have before I started implementing NSI."

Both from polls in reddit and here the results are very similar. The very negative reports are from paresthesia. The users stopped after they got pain and they got better over time. I never had anyone (that I sent NSI-189) reporting anything similar to me. People generalize from their experience too much. Also this member from Australia was thinking that everyone was getting extreme benefits in memory. As I said before NSI-189 has an energizing effect to most, if you have previous neurological issues can put a strain to your system. Its only now that I feel much better I can use the regular 40mg (orally!) per day with no side effects. 

1. http://www.longecity...ts-for-nsi-189/
  2. bullet_star_rated.png Yes, it has been life-changing for the better (18 votes [16.07%] - View)

3. Yes, a lot (34 votes [30.36%] - View)

4. Yes, a little (33 votes [29.46%] - View)

5. Neutral/no noticeable benefit (18 votes [16.07%] - View)

6. No, it was harmful (5 votes [4.46%] - View)

7. No, it was very harmful (2 votes [1.79%] - View)

8. No, it has made my life substantially worse (2 votes [1.79%] - View)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users