* * * * * 34 votes

NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#1051 gnappi

• 112 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

When will be created a new NSI-189 group buy??? :^))
  • like x 2

#1052 neopeon

• 21 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

Has any one experienced any effects on libido, pos or neg? Thanks!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1053 spookytooth

• 211 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:30 PM

I'm thinking about combining the NSI-189 with Cerebrolysin and/or Lion's Mane and maybe ALCAR for NGF stimulation. If NSI-189's mode of action indeed is to help progenitor cells alive this might result in synergy. Any thoughts on this?

Edited by spookytooth, 12 August 2013 - 06:11 PM.

#1054 Artificiality

• 86 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:56 PM

Just got my sample in the mail, pretty excited :)
Those who have been taking it so far, have you been taking it with food or just water? Does anyone know whether it's water or fat soluble? Sublingual or just swallowing?

#1055 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:04 PM

TULIP is going steady, and by that I mean the gains are accumulating nicely and continuously. I do not part with my laser now... I even took it on holiday haha. I hit another phase shift in pattern recognition on a magic mushroom trip a few days ago, and the new-found abilities have remained, for the moment at least. Once they were metabolised and working their magic on my brain cells I was whisked onto the most intense thought train I have ever experienced. I had been loading my mind with wide-ranging and highly intriguing info from this book (buy it if understanding the world and the strange people in it piques your intrigue in the slightest) for a week or so beforehand, so there was an abundance of material floating about in my unconscious and waiting to be integrated. I felt the process of understanding constructing itself to an acute degree; what begins as Chaos in the form of confusion and seemingly disparate information becomes a higher synthesis of order when the wider Gestalt into which it fits is delineated. This process went on for hours and hours, all manner of floating thought forms being integrated into a grand edifice of understanding within my psyche. I am certain, since I have tripped before but never felt this, that the laser supercharged my neurons so that such connections could form spontaneously - the mushrooms providing the quantum leap to reach escape velocity and accelerated gains of intelligence. One widely accepted hallmark of intelligence is the ability to connect disparate pieces of information into a unified structure, to uncover (create?) the relationships between forms. In this sense the laser definitely shines (no pun intended). Another great thing is that I'm a veritable quote machine, stuff is coming to mind that I didn't even know was in there.

One thing that could trip me up if I was not as grounded as I am due to a few years of meditation practice would be delusions of grandeur. In the grip of a manic thought stream I feel almost Godlike, invincible and infallible. It is imperative to hold at the forefront of consciousness the fact that I do not have access to the fundamental ground of Being and therefore have no access to truth - what I 'see' and experience, perceptually is only a model, and what I 'experience' conceptually is but a model of that model. Truth cannot be gained from abstractions, let alone second order abstractions - this I must remind myself, so as to keep alert the healthy skeptic inside of me. For a really interesting medium length essay on these ideas see here. Anyway, one thing I have noticed is that people seem slower generally (hmmm Isochroma.. does history repeat itself?) and annoyance emerges if I am in a sleep deprived state. I want companions who can mirror and match the speed, intensity and depth of my newfound mental existence. Perhaps I need to learn to relate to people a little better - I am a highly cerebrally dominated person, I float in a sea of abstractions, which becomes a raging torrent under laser-guided energetic fluency. LF. I see you listed above as one of the points of improvement if one were to become a biochemist (or something along those lines) was to improve social skills and so on. Are there any particular resources you could recommend which might help in this?

In other news I am one of the beings who is on the NSI mailing list, and will therefore soon be combining TULIP with that drug. Updates will follow, at some time in the future when I have gauged the effects to a reasonable degree.

OpaqueMind, are you combining TULIP and NSI-189?

Edited by velopismo, 12 August 2013 - 11:05 PM.

#1056 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:34 PM

I've taken it for 2 days now (100 mg) and have noticed subtle, subjective effects on my mentality. However, I tend to be quite reserved about unleashing whatever optimistic thoughts I have for new substances in case it is all placebo.

What I can say is that it does give some sort of immediate effect as my dreams have been much more vivid than usual. It's similar to piracetam in that regard.

Edited by sparkk51, 12 August 2013 - 11:35 PM.

• like x 1

#1057 Sholrak

• 222 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:36 AM

Lithium selectively increases neuronal differentiation of hippocampal neural progenitor cells http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/15056276
I know this is not a new discovery but this might be a good idea to combine with NSI-189. Thoughts?

It could be the bomb or not. They may be fucking synergistic in theory, but that, translated into practice could be a hell of experience, or a Nirvana-Paradise one xD

I'd suggest complete the trial of NSI to know what exactly it gives to you first. Is better going step to step.
  • like x 2

#1058 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:45 AM

@OpaqueMind
I haven't had the chance to look into TULIP that much yet, does it work well? Any reports?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aside from that, I am still on NSI-189 and its effects are subtle yet profound at 45mg twice a day.

I am more comfortable in public (self-diagnosed mild social anxiety), my speech is very fluent (as if I am on Piracetam or Aniracetam), I am able to grasp concepts more easily and I am just feeling better overall. I woke up feeling great and well-rested even though I slept for 6-7 hours. I was immediately ready to go after waking up, which is a very rare thing for me. I am more stable emotionally. Crashes from Adderall are basically not noticeable when on NSI-189.

It seems to be performing well when combined with amphetamines. I have had the chance to try it with Cannabis too but I just didn't enjoy the high. It definitely makes it a clearer high where you are able to function and get work done but at the same time, it can get very psychedelic. Strangely enough, psychedelic without any visuals but the feeling of 'tripping' is still there.

Edited by therein, 13 August 2013 - 01:49 AM.

#1059 Posthuman

• 47 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:33 AM

Would it be a good idea to ingest NSI-189 with grapefruit juice?

#1060 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:52 AM

Would it be a good idea to ingest NSI-189 with grapefruit juice?

I don't think we know which enzyme it is metabolized by, or whether if the ingested form is active before getting processed by the body. Basically, we don't know if it would potentiate it, diminish its effects or not affect anything at all. I would proceed with caution.

#1061 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

OpaqueMind, are you combining TULIP and NSI-189?

I am yes, but I've eased up on TULIP for a while, since these are two very novel and unexplored ways to enhance cognition. I fear the combination might create neurons which only react when operating at an accelerated metabolic rate, if they were to grow and proliferate while being stimulated by the laser. But then again that might not happen. And even if it does, all things going well I will be using the laser for the rest of my life so it wouldn't even matter anyway. I love TULIP too much to give it up. So far I haven't noticed any adverse reactions whatsoever, so in the immediate they seem to play well together.

@OpaqueMind
I haven't had the chance to look into TULIP that much yet, does it work well? Any reports?

It is THE MOST POTENT COGNITIVE ENHANCER I HAVE EVER USED. Period. Consistently awesome, and accumulative. Have a look at LostFalco's thread for some experiences. It's mainly me and him who have used it, due to the prohibitive cost of professional lasers created for biological use, but LF is currently doing field tests of a much cheaper laser option which would bring TULIP to the masses. I've written a few posts on that thread which I think convey reasonably well the subjective effects I experience, and so has he. Actually someone just quoted one of them in this thread. Someone else said they noticed a difference in the way I express myself, greater fluency, eloquence etc. Maybe my posting history gives an indication of this evolution of mind? I haven't investigated this personally though. I need no more evidence to convince myself of the profundity of TULIP. I seriously, emphatically, unrestrainedly advise all of you to try it out and see if it works for you.
  • like x 1

#1062 shields_05

• 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

Just received my L-Arginine here in Australia. Hats off to Science Guy for the immense effort on his part, you're an asset to the community. Also to Sunshine Frost - Couldn't have done it without you.

#1063 meatsauce

• 329 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:03 PM

I'm thinking about combining the NSI-189 with Cerebrolysin and/or Lion's Mane and maybe ALCAR for NGF stimulation. If NSI-189's mode of action indeed is to help progenitor cells alive this might result in synergy. Any thoughts on this?

The best antidepressant/cognitive effect I have ever had is from combining lion's mane with the uridine stack. You need to prepare the lions mane a certain way for the effects to be the strongest. I started a thread about the preparation a while ago. http://www.longecity...ith-lions-mane/

#1064 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

I get what you say OpaqueMind. However, it's unlikely to think you have lost near 20% size of hippocampus with 21 years old despite all the traumas, fears and experiences you can have had (just supposing about you...). Maybe some individuals will be able to counteract a congenital or pre-childhood/childhood size defficiency, while other will attack a loss of hippocampus size during last teenage age or adulthood. This should affect everyone in a different way.

I think it's very possible, given my history. Consistent, varied and ongoing drug abuse from a young age, coupled with social isolation and severe depression. I've sorted myself out now, but that went on for about 4 years, from about the age of 16 to 20. I think the combo of depression -which it is thought could lead to, or be caused by, the literal withering away of dendrites, and at the very least correlates with decreased neurogenesis, which given the standard cellular procedure of apoptosis means neuronal degradation on the whole- this, coupled with the unceasing chemical flux which constituted my brain at that time made for a highly disruptive and damaging cocktail. Since neurogenesis ceases or slows substantially within the hippocampus in most cases of depression, the rate of neurogenesis need only be outstripped by programmed cell-death to a small degree and this, given enough time, would still cause significant atrophy.

#1065 CatChelator

• 44 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:00 PM

I also throw my hat in the ring: if anyone doesn't want to use their allotment, or if there's a second group buy, I'm interested.

#1066 Posthuman

• 47 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:58 AM

I'm interested to participate in the second group buy as well.

#1067 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:01 AM

I was part of the first group buy and even I am interested in the second group buy. :)

#1068 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:38 AM

is anyone partaking in this going to have a before and after scan of their brain? That would be neat... :-D

#1069 Posthuman

• 47 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:03 AM

is anyone partaking in this going to have a before and after scan of their brain? That would be neat... :-D

I highly doubt anyone here has a brain scanner at their disposition
  • like x 1

#1070 rikelme

• 174 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:39 AM

I highly doubt anyone here has a brain scanner at their disposition

Don't rule out ScienceGuy so easily :)
  • like x 2

#1071 researchist

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:44 AM

I wish I could have been in on this.

Edited by researchist, 14 August 2013 - 04:56 AM.

• like x 1

#1072 owtsgmi

• 162 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:09 AM

Sample in hand! I'm going with 25mg morning and late evening. First dose 5 hours ago and liking the (somewhat subtle) effects so far. A bump up in energy level and more social than I normally am after a long day at work. Could be placebo... We'll see. Thanks to Science Guy and Sunshine Frost for all your efforts!
  • like x 1

#1073 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:16 AM

too early to tell, how are you guys scaling the dosage? Could anyone do me a favour and pm me some links to scales they use? measuring 25mg should be incredibly hard. Initial reports look promising.

#1074 owtsgmi

• 162 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:25 AM

I use an Acculab VIC-123, which is a reasonably priced milligram scale. Sorry, but I don't have a link handy. I have a small scoop for measuring.

#1075 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

I use an Acculab VIC-123, which is a reasonably priced milligram scale. Sorry, but I don't have a link handy. I have a small scoop for measuring.

$235

Too pricey for me - any cheaper alternatives? I would hate to eyeball this stuff, which is what I did with noopept...

Edited by Major Legend, 14 August 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#1076 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

There are a few $20 scales that has an error margin on 10 mg at most. Just check ebay or amazon for mg-scales.

#1077 Xenix

• 212 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:14 PM

http://item.mobilewe...Id=230860014221

This is what I bought ($20) and it is completely accurate to the mg.
  • like x 1

#1078 Krabby

• 69 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

http://item.mobilewe...Id=230860014221

This is what I bought ($20) and it is completely accurate to the mg.

I use this one as well, I recommend it.
But be careful with the substances, it becomes a bit of a mess if it get's under the scale.

#1079 spookytooth

• 211 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

The best antidepressant/cognitive effect I have ever had is from combining lion's mane with the uridine stack. You need to prepare the lions mane a certain way for the effects to be the strongest. I started a thread about the preparation a while ago. http://www.longecity...ith-lions-mane/

I will keep that in mind, thanks! :)

Edited by spookytooth, 14 August 2013 - 04:11 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1080 researchist

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:14 PM

http://www.amazon.co...milligram scalePosted ImageThere are a few out there. I have had this one for about 6 months. If you get milligram spoons to move the material to and from the scale it will help with the accuracy and make it easier. It has served me well. You don't have to go expensive to get milligram accuracy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users