NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#1981 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2014 - 05:09 AM

Does anyone knows why nyles7 is not selling this compound anymore on eBay?

He isn't allowed to sell it on ebay anymore. Not sure the exact reason but he had to take the listing down.

Are you certain this is the reason? If he is not allowed to sell it on eBay any more, then why does he not register as a user here and offer it? There is still a huge demand for it, on this site alone; if eBay is no longer viable, this site surely is.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#1982 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:53 AM

Are you certain this is the reason? If he is not allowed to sell it on eBay any more, then why does he not register as a user here and offer it? There is still a huge demand for it, on this site alone; if eBay is no longer viable, this site surely is.

Ya I PMed and asked about it when I couldn't find the listing and he said he was "prohibited". Not sure why he doesn't sell it on here.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1983 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:02 AM

The Alibaba.com company is happy to sell 50gr for 500$. They do not custom make it just for my order. They make large batches, that is why probably it is so cheap. They run out of the current batch and will do another batch in June. It is a new product they have in their catalogue. They are also happy to send me half gram for testing. They confirmed it is the same compound as the one from Neuroscience and it has been independently tested by a lab although I did not see any copy of the lab result.... The company is a verified gold supplier in Alibaba.com and is located in a Technology Park. So the company seems to be legit. They also sell coluracetam: min 10gr for 100$. Is that a good price?

• like x 4
  • dislike x 1

#1984 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:02 AM

The coluracetam price is good. It usually goes for about the double (or tad under the double).

#1985 88LS

• 100 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:32 AM

I have been taking VLK's NSI for nearly 2 months at ~5mg per day and it has made dramatic changes to how I feel. I've tried larger doses but I suspect the dose response may have a U shaped curve as larger doses were less effective and caused more side effects like headaches or foggy feeling in the brain. I also discovered that NSI does not mix well with modafinil and gingko, modafinil + nsi seems to make me crash really hard and feel physically unwell, whereas gingko + nsi gives me a pretty severe migraines. I also do not recommend taking it in the evening as it seems to interfere with the sleep cycle somewhat, I take it once in the morning and that does the job for the whole day.

For me NSI has really ramped up my confidence and slowly eroded any old fears and anxieties I've had. I have become far more aggressive at work, to a point where it started getting me into trouble with my senior managers - but I suspect this reduction of fear has made me speak without hesitation, as my new general feel is "if what I am saying is true, the I dont give a sh*t if its going to upset you".

My memory is still shoddy, but I find it bothers me a lot less - I am happier and much more resilient to stress than before taking NSI.

I'm so glad somebody mentioned the increased confidence and aggression sides. I too have experienced this, my tolerance for people's bullshit has decreased substantially, to the point where you might start to rub certain colleagues and superiors the wrong way, even though you're reasoning is correct and factual. This sums it up perfectly - "if what I am saying is true, the I dont give a sh*t if its going to upset you". 

#1986 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:31 PM

^not everyone is getting that

#1987 Hungry Hippo

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:34 PM

I have been taking VLK's NSI for nearly 2 months at ~5mg per day and it has made dramatic changes to how I feel. I've tried larger doses but I suspect the dose response may have a U shaped curve as larger doses were less effective and caused more side effects like headaches or foggy feeling in the brain. I also discovered that NSI does not mix well with modafinil and gingko, modafinil + nsi seems to make me crash really hard and feel physically unwell, whereas gingko + nsi gives me a pretty severe migraines. I also do not recommend taking it in the evening as it seems to interfere with the sleep cycle somewhat, I take it once in the morning and that does the job for the whole day.

For me NSI has really ramped up my confidence and slowly eroded any old fears and anxieties I've had. I have become far more aggressive at work, to a point where it started getting me into trouble with my senior managers - but I suspect this reduction of fear has made me speak without hesitation, as my new general feel is "if what I am saying is true, the I dont give a sh*t if its going to upset you".

My memory is still shoddy, but I find it bothers me a lot less - I am happier and much more resilient to stress than before taking NSI.

I'm so glad somebody mentioned the increased confidence and aggression sides. I too have experienced this, my tolerance for people's bullshit has decreased substantially, to the point where you might start to rub certain colleagues and superiors the wrong way, even though you're reasoning is correct and factual. This sums it up perfectly - "if what I am saying is true, the I dont give a sh*t if its going to upset you". 

5 mg? That's interesting. How did you find out that 5mg was the better dose? I'm on 25 mg and do experience mild adverse effects but nothing to worry about. I'm thinking to raise to 40 mg, but if you're right about the U shaped curve than it would be interesting to find out how it curves.

What was the initial reason that you took NSI? Was it mainly for fear?

#1988 88LS

• 100 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 07:13 AM

^not everyone is getting that

Nobody said everyone is getting that.

#1989 chemicalambrosia

• 393 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:16 PM

Neuralstem, Inc. (NYSE MKT: CUR) announced that data from the NSI-189 Phase Ib study in major depressive disorder (MDD) will be presented at the American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology Annual Meeting in Hollywood, Florida, on June 17th at 4:15 EDT. NSI-189 is Neuralstem's first-in-class, lead neurogenic small molecule compound. In pre-clinical studies, NSI-189 was shown to promote the formation of new neurons (neurogenesis) in animals and in human hippocampus-derived neural stem cells.  In "A Phase Ib Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Multiple-Dose Escalation Study Evaluating the Effects of NSI-189 Phosphate, A Neurogenic Compound, in Patients with Major Depressive Disorder (MDD)," found on page 73 of the abstract book http://ascpmeeting.o...Book-Online.pdf, study author, Marlene Freeman, MD, Medical Director, Clinical Trials Network and Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, will discuss trial results, including that depressed patients on two different doses showed clinically meaningful reductions in depressive and cognitive symptoms across all measures against placebo. Furthermore, these improvements appeared to persist throughout the follow up period. Based on the results, the investigators, including lead study author, Maurizio Fava, MD, Executive Vice Chair, Department of Psychiatry, Executive Director, Clinical Trials Network and Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital, concluded that a neurogenesis-based platform could identify promising new treatments for major depressive disorder.

"We are honored that the highly prestigious American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology selected our data for presentation at their Annual Meeting," said Karl Johe, PhD, Neuralstem's Chairman and Chief Scientific Officer. "This is extremely robust Phase Ib data. As the abstract  points out, trial patients on active therapy experienced meaningful reductions in their depressive and cognitive symptoms across all clinical measurements, including  the Montgomery-Asberg Depression Rating Scale (MADRS); the Clinician Global Impression – Improvement (CGI-I); the Symptoms of Depression Questionnaire (SDQ) and the Cognitive and Physical Functioning Questionnaire (CPFQ). We are eager to share the complete data in the June 17th presentation, as well as biomarker data from trial, which will be presented at the International College of Neuropsychopharmacology World Congress in Vancouver on June 24th."

http://finance.yahoo...-132800268.html

Some evidence that those receiving good results from NSI-189 aren't getting placebo effects. Also good news for depression sufferers and owners of Neuralstem stock.

• like x 4

#1990 chemicalambrosia

• 393 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:24 PM

INDIVIDUAL ABSTRACT:
A PHASE 1B, RANDOMIZED, DOUBLE-BLIND, PLACEBO-CONTROLLED,
MULTIPLE-DOSE ESCALATION STUDY EVALUATING THE EFFECTS OF NSI-189
PHOSPHATE, A NEUROGENIC COMPOUND, IN PATIENTS WITH MAJOR
DEPRESSIVE DISORDER (MDD)
                 1             2              3                     4                     5
Maurizio Fava , Karl Johe , Lev Gertsik , Larry Ereshefsky , Bettina Hoeppner , Martina
       6                      7                   7                      8
Flynn , David Mischoulon , Gustavo Kinrys , Marlene Freeman
1Massaschusetts General Hospital Department of Psychiatry, 2Neuralstem, Inc., 3California
Clinical Trials Medical Group, 4PAREXEL International, 5Harvard Medical School,,

6                                                                                 7
 Massachusetts General Hospital Clinical Trials Network and Institute,             Massachusetts General
Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 8Massachusetts General Hospital

NSI-189, a benzylpiperizine-aminiopyridine, is a novel chemical developed by Neuralstem Inc.
for the treatment of major depressive disorder, based on preclinical evidence of neurogenesis in
human hippocampus-derived neural stem cells in vitro and in mouse hippocampus in vivo. NSI-
189 has also shown behavioral efficacy in the novelty suppressed feeding after daily oral
administration for 28 days. This is an early phase, double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled,
multiple-dose study with three ascending cohorts. The first cohort received 40 mg QD, the
second cohort 40 mg BID, and the third cohort 40 mg TID. 24 patients with major depressive
disorder (MDD) were recruited, with their diagnosis and illness severity confirmed through an
independent, remote SAFER interview from the MGH CTNI raters. Each cohort included at least
3 female subjects. Each patient underwent a Screening for eligibility (Day -37 to Day -6 or -3)
and eligible patients were admitted into the unit on Day -5 to complete their wash-out and be
reconfirmed for eligibility and for baseline assessments. Eligible patients receive daily dosing of
investigational medicinal product (NSI-189 Phosphate or placebo) for 28 days starting on Day 1
and were followed for safety, PK, and PD until discharge. At the conclusion of in-house dosing
(Day 28), patients remained in the unit for up to 3 additional days, at the psychiatrist’s discretion.  
On Day 35 (± 3), Day 42 (± 3), Day 49 (± 3) and Day 70 (± 3) outpatient follow-up visits took
place. Patients returned to the unit for extensive follow-up on Day 56 (± 3) and Day 84 (± 3)
(End-of-study). The efficacy assessments included the Montgomery-Asberg Depression Rating
Scale (MADRS), the Clinician Global Impression – Improvement (CGI-I), the Symptoms of
Depression Questionnaire (SDQ) and the Cognitive and Physical Functioning Questionnaire
(CPFQ). Despite the minimal improvement observed among the placebo-treated patients, at day
28, the efficacy measurements showed a clinically meaningful reduction in depressive and
cognitive symptoms across all measures for the two lower doses (40 mg/day and 80 mg/day) but
not for the highest dose (120 mg/day). These improvements appeared to persist over time during
the follow-up for MADRS, SDQ, and CPFQ. In terms of safety, no serious AEs occurred and the
drug was well tolerated. The main limitations of this study are the relatively small sample size of
each cohort and the fact that efficacy analyses were not the primary aim, and were meant to be
only descriptive in nature.
In summary, a novel neurogenic compound, NSI-189, has shown
promise as a potential treatment for MDD in a Phase 1B, double-blind, randomized, placebo-
controlled, multiple-dose study with three ascending cohorts. These preliminary findings support
the view that a neurogenesis-based platform can identify promising new treatments for MDD
(Fava et al, 2012). The possible inverted U dose-response curve observed in this study is
consistent with previously reported inverted U dose-response curve of compounds enhancing
synaptic plasticity (Lavergne and Jay, 2010). Further studies are necessary to confirm these
preliminary observations.

Learning Objectives:
 To learn about the potential usefulness of novel neurogenic compounds in depression.
 To learn about the safety and efficacy of NS189 in the treatment of depression.

• like x 2

#1991 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:46 PM

They've announced the 17th before, but seems like this is the "offical" announcement. No wonder the stock increased today, now we know two dates and have an abstract. Woho!

#1992 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:25 PM

This is confirmation that we have a U shaped dose response. This has been reported among some users. I wonder what the MRI study shows?

• like x 1

#1993 swolo

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:51 PM

They actually showed an inverted U dose response. The highest dosage in the study 120 mg/day showed no efficacy, but the 40, 80 mg/day doses did.

#1994 jefferson

• 89 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:33 PM

http://neuralstem.co...Garr_5.1.14.pdf is an interesting interview along with this.

I'm interested to see the MRI results. He didn't talk about those, but maybe he will June 17th. In lieu of that and with only two people taking placebo per cohort, this really tells more about the safety than the efficacy. 

#1995 basicallyyes

• 36 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:25 PM

This thread is massive, would someone who's been following this like to give an update on what the current consensus of effects are?

#1996 arcticjoe

• 101 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:41 PM

They actually showed an inverted U dose response. The highest dosage in the study 120 mg/day showed no efficacy, but the 40, 80 mg/day doses did.

question is on how different is bio-availability with sub-lingual vs oral? I personally dont like 40 mg at all, sub 10mg doses seem to work far better for me.

#1997 Lobotomy

• 110 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:23 PM

NutrAction's NSI-189 listing is now on preorder. Someone test it. I may when it becomes available but money is tight for me.

http://nutraction.com/shop/nsi-189/

Edited by Lobotomy, 24 May 2014 - 10:24 PM.

#1998 FeelsNumbMan

• 80 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:31 AM

NutrAction's NSI-189 listing is now on preorder. Someone test it. I may when it becomes available but money is tight for me.

http://nutraction.com/shop/nsi-189/

Wow, that's pretty cool actually. What is an average dose or starting dose for using NSI-189? Perhaps, someone could buy it and split the cost/quantity.

Not too tight on money but not willing to risk it due to not knowing how reputable the vendor and substance is.

#1999 neuroatypicow

• 123 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:11 PM

saying something is available for pre-order is something i've always despised with brick-n-mortar stores, but on online store pulling it with unproven compounds is a bit too much to ask people to take on faith. either you have something in stock for sale, or you have vaporware.

if/when they actually have it in stock, i'll consider it.

• like x 3

#2000 Hungry Hippo

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:06 PM

Again...hmm.

Looking at my profile and just got - negs.- 

For telling the truth? 

I would rather have comments.

It would serve the community better.

If you make sense.

I guess it's for being blunt and having a monologue at this forum.

How you put it can make a great difference.

Telling the 'truth' does not mean dumping the (your) truth on someone.

(Although Plato did say: who tells the truth has no friends.)

And did you tell the truth or did you give an opinion?

That could be quite a difference.

#2001 ElixirOfLife

• 43 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:17 PM

Why do you care? It matters so little. 

Dwelling on someone's negative rating gives you a problem you didn't have before. You've essentially downloaded their problem and made it yours. For what? Your reputation on Longecity? You're one in a few hundred thousand on here. I can think of zero names on here for which their word wouldn't warrant double checking other sources. In other words, your Longecity rating means nothing.

Again...hmm.

Looking at my profile and just got - negs.- 

For telling the truth? 

I would rather have comments.

It would serve the community better.

If you make sense.

I guess it's for being blunt and having a monologue at this forum.

How you put it can make a great difference.

Telling the 'truth' does not mean dumping the (your) truth on someone.

(Although Plato did say: who tells the truth has no friends.)

And did you tell the truth or did you give an opinion?

That could be quite a difference.

#2002 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:29 AM

Form Richard Garr of Neuralstem today:

Neuralstem hopes also to make a substantial difference in veteran care. The abstract for the results of our Phase Ib trial in Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) recently became publicly available. This is our first in class neurogenic drug (a small molecule, orally active drug, a pill). We believe that this drug works by structurally rebuilding the hippocampus, repairing the atrophy that we see in MRI's in depressed patients. The specific data is still embargoed until June 17th when it will be presented by Dr. Marlene Freeman, Medical Director, Clinical Trials Network and Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Associate Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, at the American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology Annual Meeting. But as the abstract states unequivocally, the patients in this double blind placebo controlled trial showed clinically meaningful improvement across every test given to them; and that improvement persisted for months after the dosing stopped. Some of you have asked about the use of the term “clinically meaningful" compared to the more frequently used term “statistically significant.” Clinically meaningful is a much higher standard. Of course we have statistical significance, but that alone doesn't mean that the improvement is enough to make a difference to the patients. Clinically meaningful means exactly that.

This is an entirely new class of drugs with new mechanisms of actions and, as the abstract says, also improved the cognitive impacts associated with MDD. We believe that NSI-189 will eventually be used to treat a wide range psychiatric indications and ultimately cognitive indications such as pre-Alzheimer’s dementia and Alzheimer’s.

We are looking forward to June 17th when we can share the data from this trial beyond the abstract and the following week when the biomarker data from the trial is made public at the 29th Annual CINP World Congress of Neuropsychopharmacology on June 24th. At Neuralstem, we are extremely proud that our technology is being turned to issues that affect so many active duty soldiers and Veterans.

- See more at: http://www.neuralste...h.WYXUInxK.dpuf

Edited by velopismo, 28 May 2014 - 12:29 AM.

• like x 7

#2003 Puppeteer

• 127 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:56 PM

That's super groovy velopismo! Thanks for posting it here.

Was any final consensus reached on the genuineness of VLK's NSI-189? I've had to delay taking it for a couple months and I'm reluctant to start it up if there's a chance it's not the real thing...

#2004 Phoenicis

• 339 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:06 PM

Must have it! Gotta catchem all - NEURONS!!! :D

Edited by Phoenicis, 28 May 2014 - 06:07 PM.

#2005 random_dude

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:46 PM

FTIR and melting point testing indicates that VLK's is identical to Nyles7's product. 

Both have a melting point of about 175 degrees C.

The attached FTIR spectra are a near perfect match, too:

I attached some references for the bonds that may be present if someone wants to compare to the molecular structure: 

If someone wants to send a sample from another batch, I can test that, too. PM me if you want the address.

Attached Files

• like x 16

#2006 DaneV

• 98 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:35 PM

I Really hope this stuff comes available soon, with so much interest from the community there has to be someone who`s busy bringing it to the market !

#2007 Posthuman

• 47 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:38 AM

FTIR and melting point testing indicates that VLK's is identical to Nyles7's product. 

Both have a melting point of about 175 degrees C.

The attached FTIR spectra are a near perfect match, too:

I attached some references for the bonds that may be present if someone wants to compare to the molecular structure: 

If someone wants to send a sample from another batch, I can test that, too. PM me if you want the address.

Can someone confirm the interpretation? I must admit, I have no idea how to read these graphics.

#2008 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:37 AM

Wow I am not sure it can work so fast or it is just placebo but I had my first 20mg dose and I feel much more focused and concentrated. I will keep reporting. Lion's mane does not compare to NSI-189 if these are the real effects and not just a placebo.

• like x 1

#2009 Joe chiavarini

• 16 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:29 AM

I would like to get in on a group buy also.I would like the product that the forum deems legit and the safest. Count me in and let me know how to proceed. What an awesome website and discussion group! Joe

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2010 5ht2a

• 19 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

I would like to get in on a group buy also.I would like the product that the forum deems legit and the safest. Count me in and let me know how to proceed. What an awesome website and discussion group! Joe

Joe, you're a little late to this party. There is no group buy going on at the moment (as far as I know). But if you are from the US, you might be able to buy it soon from some nootropics company.

Regarding the test results: Looks promising. Didn't expect anything else.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users