• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 23 votes

COLURACETAM - User Feedback

coluracetam racetam piracetam pramiracetam oxiracetam aniracetam memory cognitive cognition nootropic

• Please log in to reply
592 replies to this topic

#271 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all your feedback and continued contributions to this thread.

Sorry for pulling another disappearing act for the past few weeks, my work schedule has been crazy insane.

I am pleased to report that for me personally COLURACETAM is still having precisely the same effects as when I first started taking it, which would indicate that for me at least there is no development of TOLERANCE.

I will endeavour to answer everyone's questions and many PMs as soon as I can.

Keep up the good work everyone :)

A question for ScienceGuy: Are the effects that you rated on the 1-10 scale with only coluracetam or with your whole stack? I'd be more interested in combining it with hydergine and oxiracetam if the latter is the case.

The effects that I rated for COLURACETAM on the 1-10 scale was with only COLURACETAM; however, certain effects are significantly more pronounced with my whole stack, wherein there appears to be a considerable SYNERGY with some of the other NOOTROPICS. Personally, I am of the view that COLURACETAM is best used as part of a combination as opposed to monotherapy ;)

...Stacks pretty well with CILTEP. It might be too much stimulation for some people though.

10mg stacked on top of my usual CILTEP stack (10mg forskolin, 500mg artichoke, 200mg quercetin, 5mg adderall IR) really works awesomely at putting me right in the zone without having too much jittery-ness. It knocks out any latent anxiety and tension from the Adderall, especially the uneasiness I feel in my body when I get overstimulated.

ABELARD / ZRBARNES, I have found the thread on CILTEP extremely interesting. As it happens I already take QUERCETIN daily, which I have indeed found to stack extraordiniarily well with COLURACETAM; and I happen to currently have a pot of COLEUS FORSKOHLII and ARTICHOKE sitting on my desk in front of me, which I will shortly be trying out added to my stack :)

Unfortunately, like all the other racetams and most nootropics, Coluracetam disrupts my sleep within a few days of consistent dosing quickly causing its beneficial effects to be severely outweighed by the effects of sleep-deprivation. This is a shame as the effects I noticed were really quite nice, and this was only after one dose! I noticed increased sociability, mildly increased abstract reasoning skills, massive mental relaxation and a profound effect of visual acuity and appreciation of natural and intricate forms. At one point I was enraptured by a passing cloud for a few minutes, just absolutely lost in its beauty and complexity. Its a damn shame :(

OPAQUEMIND, you might like to consider trying a much lower dose of COLURACETAM. It is possible that you are very sensitive to its effects and consequently may find that you can reap its rewards at a much lower dosage and thereby avoid the negative SLEEP DISRUPTION side effect that you have experienced. Consider trying 1/10 of whatever dosage you took and see if you still suffer the SLEEP DISRUPTION; if not, then increase the dosage by 1/10 increments until you do experience the SLEEP DISRUPTION and then you know what is your UPPER TOLERABLE LIMIT; reduce the dosage to just below this such that you do not experience the SLEEP DISRUPTION. For example, if you took 10mg COLURACETAM, then try taking 1mg COLURACETAM and then increase the dosage by 1mg increments until you find the maximum dosage that you can take it without experiencing the SLEEP DISRUPTION. If you decide to try this, please do feedback how you get on. :)

... I will try with piracetam + coluracetam as I found out they highly synergize for me, removing the restless feeling I'd get on and off from coluracetam and replacing it with a semi-euphoric extremely relaxed focus(it feels like a low dose of amphetamine.. pretty unexpected). It seems almost like piracetam activates coluracetam for me in some way..(or at least changes it drastically in a positive way, not that it was bad before, just much better with piracetam). I also noticed head tension/ache before adding piracetam and now it is gone. The extremely relaxed focus feels like nefiracetam, but with a motivational drive to it rather than a flat/neutral feeling.

...I'm really liking the pir+colu combo though which is odd since science guy had the opposite effect in combo.

GOLDEN1, this is very interesting indeed. I certainly personally had a negative reaction when I tried stacking PIRACETAM with COLURACETAM but that is not to say that others will too, as you have clearly demonstrated. I am certainly going to be continuing with experimenting with stacking COLURACETAM with the various NOOTROPICS, and given your findings I will re-try stacking it with PIRACETAM, perhaps a bit more comprehensively this time to see what happens. Nice one! ;)

...with repeat doses (never more than 10mg a day, but on consecutive days) I tend to get periods of mild drowsiness... I wonder if 5mg doses would still have meaningful positive effect.

RAZA, in my experience SOMNOLENCE occurs in instances when too much COLURACETAM is taken; hence, if you suffer this with a dosage of 10mg OD taken daily, then in my opinion you should deifintely try reducing the dosage to whatever dosage can be taken without manifestation of SOMNOLENCE, thereby ascertaining your 'sweet spot'. :)

Edited by ScienceGuy, 14 December 2012 - 12:21 AM.

• like x 2

#272 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

I really wonder if the extra choline isn't overkill. Some people above mentioned in their coluracetam+piracetam combo, that the coluracetam replaced the choline.
For me coluracetam already does wonders concerning acetylcholine (I used to take huperzine a lot, too), I'm definitely not going to take extra.

I personally find that any dosage of supplemental CHOLINE when taking in combination with COLURACETAM + OXIRACETAM combo is 'too much' and hence have ditched supplemental CHOLINE entirely. So, as far as I am concerned I concur that the COLURACETAM does indeed appear to have 'replaced the CHOLINE'; however, perhaps a more accurate description would be that COLURACETAM has enhanced CHOLINERGIC FUNCTION which in turn, for me personally, has negated the need for supplemental CHOLINE since my dietary source is clearly sufficient. :)

Anyone here from Scienceguy? Hopefully he isn't in the hosptial due to Coluracetam Poisoning. Like in that movie with NZT where everyone started getting sick and dying. Hopefully this doesn't happen with Coluracetam,lol.

Actually, I've been wandering the streets for a month unable to remember who I am... seriously though I've just been busy, very busy ;)

Just for completeness: I had a negative reaction to coluracetam. I got symptoms of excessive ACH (See: http://mindrenewal.us/page13.html ). Here's a good paper if you're interested in things that go wrong with excessive ACH: (http://www.acnp.org/...1000095/CH.html). BTW, for me, Benadryl was good at mitigating the negative effects of excessive ACH as it's a relatively mild anti-cholinergic.

ABELARD, were you taking any supplmental CHOLINE in combination with the COLURACETAM? If so, have you tried taking the COLURACETAM without any supplemental source of CHOLINE? Personally, I have found that COLURACETAM is best taken without any supplemental CHOLINE whatsoever :)

Edited by ScienceGuy, 14 December 2012 - 12:52 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#273 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:16 PM

...with repeat doses (never more than 10mg a day, but on consecutive days) I tend to get periods of mild drowsiness... I wonder if 5mg doses would still have meaningful positive effect.

RAZA, in my experience SOMNOLENCE occurs in instances when too much COLURACETAM is taken; hence, if you suffer this with a dosage of 10mg OD taken daily, then in my opinion you should deifintely try reducing the dosage to whatever dosage can be taken without manifestation of SOMNOLENCE, thereby ascertaining your 'sweet spot'. :)

Agreed; I traced this side effect back to racetams (and glutamatergics) in general; the combination of 150mg prami and 10mg coluracetam was doing it for me during my test run after I added back other noots. Without other racetams present, piracetam gives me this side effect if I go past around eight grams in a single day, and sarcosine (NMDA co-agonist) usually does it around 1.5 grams, as well.

I'm now taking 10 mg coluracetam every other day without prami, and appear to be mostly fine. Might try 5/day or going back to 10/day without prami. Not sure if daily use is even needed, with the whole evidence of cognitive benefits lasting for days past dosing thing.

Edited by Raza, 14 December 2012 - 12:17 PM.

#274 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

Tried 1000mg nefiracetam + 2000mg piracetam + 20mg coluracetam. The high definition vision is apparently enhanced GREATLY by nefiracetam. So is the calmness, but I expected that(intense calmness has always been the main effect of nefiracetam for me). It's definitely like HDR photography, in that the dynamic range of dark and light colors is increased. It's finally surpassed the max visual enhancement I got from aniracetam by a rather large amount. Simply looking in the mirror I look as if I am looking at myself through the lens of a professional photographer..with perfect lighting and shadows haha. If you can't tell, I'm more the creative type, so things like enhanced perception and creativity stand out more for me.

I'm going to attempt coluracetam with a psychedelic...I'll let you know how that goes.

Been combining coluracetam, nefiracetam, aniracetam and noopept with stimulants and a serotogenic, also quercetin to emulate cilltepe (nefi is a camp increaser like forskolin) didnt really do it consistently so will update later.

Dont have most of my other stuff and received racetams so focussing more on them for now as my ADHD seemed resistant.

Edited by medievil, 22 December 2012 - 02:34 PM.

#275 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

I have gathered up all the beautiful experiences in the thread "COLURACETAM - User Feedback" on this forum into one page: Coluracetam Experiences [Mirrors: Jabry | Royal Web Hosting | racetamprices.info] sorted into categories: General, Visual & Sound Senses, Mood-Emotion / Sociability, Energy / Productivity, Memory / Concentration / Study, Sleep, Combinations, Comparisons, and Safety/Tolerance. To help illustrate the visuals I also included all three of the images posted on that thread by users to illustrate their experiences.

Each quote is linked to its source and all have been double-checked.

If you have any experiences to relate you can post it here or in the COLURACETAM - User Feedback thread or PM it to me for addition to the Coluracetam Experiences page.
  • like x 4

#276 cat@

• 48 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

Those are the pros... where are the cons?

#277 Isochroma

• 791 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

To be found in the thread sources of course.

Remember though, the biggest problem is getting people to try new things.

Taking into account that Racetams have variable results for different people, testing is very important.

To maximize the chances of folks testing Coluracetam I have included its positive points in one place.

#278 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

ScienceGuy have the improvements in working memory persisted?

#279 Limburger

• 31 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

As interesting as reading the experiences has been, I wonder if the participants in this (very informal) trial may be prejudicing their own findings by reading the experiences of others. Reading about other's findings will prime a participant for experiencing those effects themselves, be they positive, negative, or neutral (think trypophobia). While problematic, I don't know if that's worse than preventing participants from alerting others to unforeseen effects that might otherwise go unmentioned (such as caffeine potentiation) or to adverse effects that need to be addressed quickly.

#280 globetrotter

• 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:04 AM

@Limburger

I agree with your sentiments but these compounds produce such varied results between individuals that it would be nearly impossible to rule out subjective observations...unless of course people on the boards would subject themselves to a blind study? Now that would be using social networking in a novel fashion. Of course the FDA would probably have everyone in irons if we tried something like that, but still...one can dream ;)

#281 ranza

• 50 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

FYI, I'm just starting my hugely delayed Coluracetam trial. It was mostly due to the lack of proper measuring devices.
Today I start with 10mg of Coluracetam stacked with caffeine. I'll log the results later on.
Thank you Science Guy, for the Coluracetam.

#282 ranza

• 50 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

Okay, here are
my trial results

→ source (external link)

For benchmarking I've used DNB and CWM tasks from brainscale.net and a little CambridgeBrainSciences.
To get rid of the training effect I've made a few days of break and then tried how much points will I get playing the same number of times.
Here're DNB results.
Here're CVM results.
There seems to be some improvement but not significant, mostly because of semi-random events, therefore the study is not conclusive. I just thought I'd share this to lower the 'drawer effect'.

As for side-effects:
I've definitely noticed some very short periods of feeling something in my head, but nothing big, not even a migraine.
My sleep pattern was most likely disturbed. Two nights at row since I've been taking Coluracetam, I've been waking up at around 5am for an hour then falling asleep. Last night I slept only for 4h, because my mental stamina (probably increased because of Coluracetam) allowed me to do so.
25.02.2012 sleep log
26.02.2012 sleep log

I'll definitely look into it once again and try to separate the variables to a greater degree. It's important not to fool yourself and if you read through the logs and compare it with the data it may seem that I've been doing that, because of this there's a need to make another study on Coluracetam. Before that, I'll try some combos.

I'm uploading all the files as attachments in case something happens to the logs on cloud.

Attached Files

Edited by ranza, 27 February 2013 - 02:46 PM.

#283 ranza

• 50 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

A small update - I think I just got mentally hooked up on Coluracetam.

It's an amazing anxiety reliever and almost instantly gets my mind focused on the right stuff.
When I'm in an anxiety state the words I read seem almost incomprehensible and Coluracetam takes that fog away. Currently I'm extremely busy either learning, doing projects or working, so I don't quite have the patience to do cognitive tests, but I will update when I do.

#284 Izan

• 387 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

A small update - I think I just got mentally hooked up on Coluracetam.

It's an amazing anxiety reliever and almost instantly gets my mind focused on the right stuff.
When I'm in an anxiety state the words I read seem almost incomprehensible and Coluracetam takes that fog away. Currently I'm extremely busy either learning, doing projects or working, so I don't quite have the patience to do cognitive tests, but I will update when I do.

what dosage are you taking?

#285 ranza

• 50 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:02 AM

Between 9-14 [mg] from 1 to 3 times a day no later than at 5pm.

#286 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

ScienceGuy could you please enlighten us regarding long term effects of Coluracetam? I assume you have persisted taking it since you had such an excellent initial experience.

#287 daouda

• 469 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

ScienceGuy could you please enlighten us regarding long term effects of Coluracetam? I assume you have persisted taking it since you had such an excellent initial experience.

I would also like to know about this, ESPECIALLY wether the vision improvements (from your AMPP issues) persist post cessation.
I've ignored this thread because I dont seem to respond to piracetam, aniracetam,noopept and oxiracetam in any valuable way if any at all. Plus I'm more looking for ways to REPAIR my brain rather than apply temporary patches. But then I read your post about your improved vision, and many others reporting the same thing. Along with cognitive impairments (and perippheral neuropathy, IBS, polyarthropathy etc) I have gotten impaired vision from an adverse reaction to fluoroquinolone antibiotics (loss of contrast sensitivity, halos etc). If coluracetam has the potential to permanently improve vision I would REALLY like to know! Thanks

#288 ScienceGuy

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

I would also like to know about this...

OK, time for an UPDATE :)

Firstly, please kindly note that I am not your typical HEALTHY INDIVIDUAL... I am a recovering LYME DISEASE sufferer with CONCOMMITENT BABESIOSIS and BARTONELLOSIS, and for this reason I am not sure how useful my personal ANECDOTAL REPORTS will be ;)

Salient points as follows:

1) I have been taking COLURACETAM every day consistently for 10 MONTHS

2) My current dosage, which I have maintained for the majority of this period is 10mg TID (taken SUBLINGUALLY), TOTAL 30mg DAILY.

3) NO TOLERANCE to COLURACETAM's effects has occurred... All POSITIVE EFFECTS are just as when I started taking COLURACETAM (for details see my initial post within this thread)

4) I have undergone BLOOD TESTS every 2 - 3 MONTHS and I am pleased to report that my blood tests for LIVER and RENAL FUNCTION as well as TESTOSTERONE, DHT, and ESTRADIOL are all still absolutely NORMAL and there have not been any significant changes whatsoever versus baseline blood test results. :)

I would also like to know about this, ESPECIALLY wether the vision improvements (from your AMPP issues) persist post cessation.

I haven't stopped taking COLURACETAM so unfortunately am not able to answer this; however, I CAN say that for me personally the improvement in my previously impaired vision has most certainly remained whilst I have been taking COLURACETAM :)

Edited by ScienceGuy, 18 April 2013 - 12:23 AM.

• like x 2

#289 daouda

• 469 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

-

Edited by daouda, 18 April 2013 - 12:23 AM.

#290 spookytooth

• 211 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

I have finally found the time to carry out the Coluracetam trial. Second day, so far so good.
I will report back with the results.

#291 Sunwind

• 103 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

I hope this isn't just false hype to generate sales of a new chemical.. I want to believe..

#292 yowza

• 283 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:45 AM

Does anyone here have an EEG amplifier they can do some recordings? It would be interesting to see what the changes are baseline vs. on colouracetam. What types of montage/placement/data do you think would be most interesting to measure sensory and/or psychomotor enhancement?

I have an amplifier (just 2 channels unfortunately) but this still interests me.

Edited by yowza, 29 May 2013 - 01:55 AM.

#293 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

Wow.. I just combed through each and every experience here. This stuff looks amazing!
I'm particularly interested in it for its visual effects. As some of you may know, I've had HPPD for over a year now. Quick explanation: HPPD is characterized by chronic visual distortions resulting from Hallucinogen use. Coluracetam is particularly interesting, not only for its reported visual effects, but also because HPPD commonly encompasses many co-morbid cognitive issues/deficits, and anxiety/depression, among others.
One post in particular I found very useful, is golden1's post, which reported lessened visual distortions when used concurrently with a psychedelic.
This, amongst other things, makes Coluracetam highly eligible for novel treatment potential in HPPD. I'm very curious to know which psychedelic you ingested, golden1?
Any other relevant data would be greatly appreciated. HPPD research is close to none, and to be blunt, it's freaking horrible at times (if not all day long).

All this made me wonder whether there's any active group buy going on? Also, ScienceGuy, would you know if 500 grams would be the minimum amount that any company would be willing to synthesize? $16.000 is a lot, but I think I could raise €2000 at least.

If anyone has some leftover Coluracetam, I would greatly appreciate receiving/buying this. Moreover you could rest assured, knowing it will be used experimentally in a disorder that has no established treatment. It is estimated that 4.1% of hallucinogen users suffer from HPPD.1 9.1% of Americans reported to have used LSD in their lifetime (2007).2 This would put the average sufferers among solely LSD users in the US alone, at roughly 1 million people. Current treatment consists largely of anti-convulsants, of which the primary choice is Clonazepam. One of the more efficacious agents has shown to be Levetiracetam, which is why I initially revisited the possible potential of Racetams. Anyway that's as far as I'll go, I'd hate to come across as some "stray puppies in the suburbs need your help" commercial.

#294 Izan

• 387 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

Wow.. I just combed through each and every experience here. This stuff looks amazing!
I'm particularly interested in it for its visual effects. As some of you may know, I've had HPPD for over a year now. Quick explanation: HPPD is characterized by chronic visual distortions resulting from Hallucinogen use. Coluracetam is particularly interesting, not only for its reported visual effects, but also because HPPD commonly encompasses many co-morbid cognitive issues/deficits, and anxiety/depression, among others.
One post in particular I found very useful, is golden1's post, which reported lessened visual distortions when used concurrently with a psychedelic.
This, amongst other things, makes Coluracetam highly eligible for novel treatment potential in HPPD. I'm very curious to know which psychedelic you ingested, golden1?
Any other relevant data would be greatly appreciated. HPPD research is close to none, and to be blunt, it's freaking horrible at times (if not all day long).

All this made me wonder whether there's any active group buy going on? Also, ScienceGuy, would you know if 500 grams would be the minimum amount that any company would be willing to synthesize? $16.000 is a lot, but I think I could raise €2000 at least.

If anyone has some leftover Coluracetam, I would greatly appreciate receiving/buying this. Moreover you could rest assured, knowing it will be used experimentally in a disorder that has no established treatment. It is estimated that 4.1% of hallucinogen users suffer from HPPD.1 9.1% of Americans reported to have used LSD in their lifetime (2007).2 This would put the average sufferers among solely LSD users in the US alone, at roughly 1 million people. Current treatment consists largely of anti-convulsants, of which the primary choice is Clonazepam. One of the more efficacious agents has shown to be Levetiracetam, which is why I initially revisited the possible potential of Racetams. Anyway that's as far as I'll go, I'd hate to come across as some "stray puppies in the suburbs need your help" commercial.

paisano, quite a few online vendors will be selling coluracetam very, very soon. liftmode, new star nootropics, vantage.cc. look out for them!

#295 Sunwind

• 103 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

can someone update this thread when somewhere starts selling it at consumer-level prices? I'm going to keep following it.

#296 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

4-oh-met probably, so mushrooms basically. aniracetam does a similar thing as coluracetam in regards to lessening the visual distortion on psychedelics for me btw.

#297 spookytooth

• 211 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:36 PM

My results after 5 weeks of use:

I tried Coluracetam in varying doses from 5-20mg orally and sublingually.
The optimal dose indeed seems to lie somewhere in between 10-20 mg sublingually 3-4 times a day.

Orally it seems to give me a certain amount of restlessness which I didn't experience when consuming coluracetam sublingually.
I experienced better short-term memory, heightend fluency of speech and quicker thoughts. Cognition seems generally improved.
Sublingually it seems to be a lot stronger as well as to considerably boost my mood and to lessen anxiety.

I did not experience enhanced vision or colors.

This is the only racetam I have reacted positively to.

My degree course at university is fairly challenging and I am highly aware of changes in cognition.

Considering the perceived benefits and the fact that Coluracetam is said to positively influence neurogenesis this is one of the few nootropics that I will use regularly and in the long-term.

Edited by spookytooth, 21 June 2013 - 06:42 PM.

#298 Izan

• 387 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

The optimal dose indeed seems to lie somewhere in between 10-20 mg sublingually 3-4 times a day.

Orally it seems to give me a certain amount of restlessness which I didn't experience when consuming coluracetam sublingually.
I experienced better short-term memory, heightend fluency of speech and quicker thoughts. Cognition seems generally improved.
Sublingually it seems to be a lot stronger as well as to considerably boost my mood and to lessen anxiety.

My degree course at university is fairly challenging and I am highly aware of changes in cognition.

Considering the perceived benefits and the fact that Coluracetam is said to positively influence neurogenesis this is one of the few nootropics that I will use regularly and in the long-term.

where did you buy the coluracetam?

Edited by izan82, 21 June 2013 - 06:51 PM.

#299 spookytooth

• 211 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

where did you buy the coluracetam?

I did not buy it but was one of the recipients of ScienceGuy's samples.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#300 Izan

• 387 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

aha, i see. thank you for the clarification.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coluracetam, racetam, piracetam, pramiracetam, oxiracetam, aniracetam, memory, cognitive, cognition, nootropic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users