Photo
- - - - -

Price drops at BulkNutrition.com :)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

#1 Mike M

• 404 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 09:09 PM

These should start sunday. If we can hit the next price teir on these items these prices will remain constant.

AAKG
1000g 59.99
200g 14.99

phenibut
15.99 30g
39.99 100g
170.00 500g

CM
75g 9.99
200g 19.99
500g 44.99

CEE
5.99 100g
19.99 500g
34.99 1000g

ALCAR
6.99 75g
24.99 500g
47.99 1000g

BCAA's
22.99 500g

bcaa/cm combo
29.99 (500g+75g cm)

gaba
4.99 100g

evodimine
24.99 25g

#2 drmz

• 574 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:32 PM

good news....

best service , good prices [thumb]

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 haveblue

• 66 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:34 PM

Fantastic.

Now whats the word on the Sulbutiamine?

#4 Mike M

• Topic Starter
  • 404 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:50 PM

I don't know the offical word on that. I hope to have something in the early am in regard to timing.

#5 cesium

• 138 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 11:00 PM

Great news. I've been meaning to try phenibut. Any plans on carrying centrophenoxine?

#6 stellar

• 366 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 12:29 AM

I don't know the offical word on that.  I hope to have something in the early am in regard to timing.

There we go....thanks for the update, mike.

Now what about the phenibut combo to "prevent tolerance" that Dsade was promising months ago?

#7 haveblue

• 66 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 02:11 AM

I don't know the offical word on that.  I hope to have something in the early am in regard to timing.

Cool, thank you.

#8 enemy

• 154 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:16 AM

cesium: Any plans on carrying centrophenoxine?

Bump.

#9 lancelot

• 47 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 09:42 AM

i hope you can get Sulbutiamine in this week with the sale since i order every ~2months with you. And what's the word on the 8oz transport matrix too? thanks mike.

#10 cesium

• 138 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 10:17 AM

1fast400,

What options are available for shipping? (to the upstate NY area) I recently moved back into the city and for various reasons it is impractical for me to receive anything via UPS or fedex and all my mail is directed to my post office box, which to my understanding doesn't accept shipment via these two options. Do you also ship USPS? Also when I entered one of your sale items into the shopping cart at your website (phenibut) it was the normal price that appeared in the field instead of the sale price. Will this automatically be adjusted to reflect the sale price prior to billing? Thanks.

#11 Mike M

• Topic Starter
  • 404 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 01:35 PM

We do ship USPS. The prices will change over the weekend at some point.

8oz transport matrix are waiting on labels.

#12 REGIMEN

• 570 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 09:46 PM

yes...please consider carrying centrophenoxine.

#13 Mike M

• Topic Starter
  • 404 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 02:32 PM

Price changes are in. I'll have someone look into the other items mentioned.

Thanks guys,

Mike

#14 REGIMEN

• 570 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 11:38 PM

oohoohooh! and picamilon.

#15 Mike M

• Topic Starter
  • 404 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 11:51 PM

http://www.bulknutri...roducts_id=1705

Just dropped K-Rala in price to 19.99 for 25g

#16 haveblue

• 66 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 12:56 AM

Anything yet on the Sulbutiamine?

Edited by haveblue, 04 April 2005 - 01:31 AM.

#17 yassiryemek

• 14 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:21 AM

Hi. I saw your website and the price is good, but are your products contain only the legitimate ingredient? Are your products the Chinese or pharmacy grades?

http://www.lef.org/p...-prtcl-158.html

The Importance of Purity

The Chinese have done the American vitamin consumer a tremendous favor. For decades, European and Japanese companies maintained a virtual monopoly that forced supplement users in the United States to pay inflated prices. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) even brought an antitrust case against these companies that resulted in them disgorging huge amounts of their profits.

Free markets, however, do not need a government watchdog to protect against price fixing. The outrageous profits generated by the European-Japanese monopoly motivated the Chinese to copy just about every dietary supplement and sell them at sharply reduced prices.

While the quality of these Chinese knockoffs was considered inferior, it forced the Europeans and Japanese to slash their prices in order to remain competitive. The net effect is that the inflation-adjusted prices for dietary supplements have plummeted.

By selling raw materials at sharply lower prices, the Chinese were far more effective than the FTC in reigning in the spiraling cost of dietary supplements.

The Chinese are now inundating supplement makers in the United States with very low-cost materials. The purity of these ingredients often fails to meet Life Extension's standards. For instance, Life Extension was offered a low-cost alpha-lipoic acid ingredient made in China that assayed out at 95% purity. The European pharmaceutical standard, however, is 99.99%. Since alpha-lipoic acid is a popular prescription drug in Europe, Life Extension restricts its purchases of alpha-lipoic acid to European manufacturers. Pharmaceutical-grade ingredients are more expensive, but provide more of the active ingredient and are safer for the consumer to use because they do not contain impurities.

Why the FDA Cannot Fully Protect Consumers

The FDA currently employs less than 10,000 people, yet they are charged with regulating products that account for 25% of the gross national product of the United States. It would be absurd to think that the FDA has the resources to verify that every dietary supplement sold in the United States meets label potency.

Life Extension magazine has reported on serious quality-control problems the FDA has uncovered at certain drug companies. For instance, the FDA found that pharmaceutical giant Schering-Plough was making asthma inhalers that did not have any medication inside. Acute asthma attacks suffocate 5438 Americans every year (National Vital Statistics Reports Vol. 48, No. 11). With no medication in an inhaler, any asthma attack can be lethal. The FDA repeatedly found the same problem with these asthma inhalers (no medicine inside), but it took Schering years to correct the problem. The FDA is making Schering pay a $500 million dollar fine to settle the matter (Wall Street Journal Dec. 24, 2001, A3, "Schering fines could total $500 million"). In 2001, American Home Products paid $30 million as part of a consent decree involving manufacturing defects practices, while Abbott Laboratories paid fines of $100 million in 1999 concerning manufacturing defects in scores of its products.

Since drug company quality-control deficiencies can result in death, the FDA is justifiably spending a lot of resources inspecting pharmaceutical manufacturers. After more than 12 years of neglect, the FDA is also more effectively policing the blood banking industry. The Life Extension Foundation long ago exposed the fact that blood banks were knowingly selling blood contaminated with HIV and hepatitis C, and the FDA was not taking proper enforcement actions.

The FDA's Inspection of Life Extension

In 2000, an FDA inspector showed up at the Life Extension Buyers Club and demanded samples of Life Extension's products for the FDA to assay. The FDA agent was initially extremely belligerent, perhaps expecting a legal challenge to his demand for product samples. Instead, Life Extension's quality-control supervisor provided the FDA with all requested samples but let him know that the identical lot numbers would be sent out to two independent assay laboratories to verify any findings the FDA came back with.

During this initial inspection, the FDA agent repeatedly threatened to imprison Life Extension personnel if any problems were found. Life Extension responded that the products had already been assayed and therefore had no concern about what the FDA would find.

Within 10 days, the assays from the two independent labs came back on all products. Upon showing these, along with file cabinets full of quantitative analysis results, to the FDA inspector, the FDA agent stated he was calling off the inspection because the quality-control procedures employed are analogous to those of drug companies. The FDA inspector indicated that he did not expect that a supplement maker would operate under pharmaceutical quality-control standards. When the FDA agent was asked if the samples taken 10 days earlier met the FDA's standards, he indicated that they were not yet submitted for assay and would not be because the two independent labs had already documented that they met label potency.

Assaying Other Companies' Products

Based on Life Extension's exacting quality control standards, the news media has asked The Buyers Club to assay commercial dietary supplements to verify that the products meet label potency. In April 1999, Life Extension was asked to analyze seven different brands of SAMe by a national news magazine. The results of the assays showed that two of the seven had no SAMe present whatsoever. One brand used the wrong form of SAMe, while two other brands had less than 100% potency. Only Life Extension's and Nature's Made products had 100% of the right form of SAMe. Many consumers who trusted the reputations of some very well-known companies were clearly not getting that for which they paid. (SAMe is not the only product Life Extension has assayed and found that the potency did not meet label claim).

Life Extension's Commitment

When members buy products from the Life Extension Buyers Club, they have assurance that the quality of the product is backed by the organization's commitment to achieving an indefinitely extended lifespan. Members receive large discounts that enable them to purchase premium-grade nutrient supplements at prices below those charged by commercial companies. Many commercial companies are now using lower-grade materials, but Life Extension continues to mandate pharmaceutical-quality ingredients. This enables members to obtain products they can trust and still obtain discounted prices.

Disclaimer

This information (and any accompanying printed material) is not intended to replace the attention or advice of a physician or other health care professional. Anyone who wishes to embark on any dietary, drug, exercise, or other lifestyle change intended to prevent or treat a specific disease or condition should first consult with and seek clearance from a qualified health care professional.

The information published in the protocols is only as current as the day the book was sent to the printer. This protocol raises many issues that are subject to change as new data emerge. None of our suggested treatment regimens can guarantee a cure for these diseases.

#18 Mike M

• Topic Starter
  • 404 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:55 PM

I've answered questions in regard to this stuff 100's of times. Do a search on this very board.

#19 pinballwizard

• Life Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 01:36 AM

I've answered questions in regard to this stuff 100's of times.  Do a search on this very board.

We forgot.

What is your current position on it? Can you post your 3rd party assays on a regular basis? How about a not so regular basis? Can you tell us what is from China?

Thanks.

#20 ozone

• 150 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 01:57 AM

I've answered questions in regard to this stuff 100's of times.  Do a search on this very board.

We forgot.

What is your current position on it? Can you post your 3rd party assays on a regular basis? How about a not so regular basis? Can you tell us what is from China?

Thanks.

Come now, you all already know his position on it. He posts the assay's that he recieves with the product from the supplier. I'm not here to say whether that's a good procedure or bad one; but that's his position.
Though, if 1fast400 does get anything from the states (i.e., not from china) it would be really handy for some folks to know since they would purchase non-foreign bulk powder from 1fast400.

#21 Mike M

• Topic Starter
  • 404 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 02:01 AM

Guess what every bulk powder is foreign. We purchase from domestic suppliers, who import the materials. We buy from 3 main suppliers, all with offices in the USA. These are very large suppliers who supply probably 50% of the industry with raws. They test products on their own once imported. They also own their own factories in china.

#22 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 05:20 AM

I think I see a ghost.....the ghost of posters past....and he wants....he wants to know about heavy metal contamination....

#23 eternaltraveler

• Guest, Guardian
  • 6,471 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 05:53 AM

I'd preffer for this inflamitory debate to not begin again. 1fast400 has his procedures, and he is open about them. If you don't like these procedures buy from some place else.

Case closed.

Scott,

I'm keeping my eye out for ghosts ;)

#24 yassiryemek

• 14 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 12:54 AM

Guess what every bulk powder is foreign.  We purchase from domestic suppliers, who import the materials.  We buy from 3 main suppliers, all with offices in the USA.  These are very large suppliers who supply probably 50% of the industry with raws.  They test products on their own once imported.  They also own their own factories in china.

Thank you for the answers.

1fast400 is your store? According to Life Extension, the Chinese products are not as pure because they test the Chinese ones to make sure and find out they are not pure, so they won't sell them. What kind of tests do you do on the drugs you sell? The foreign drugs are good if they are coming from places with high standards where the drugs are prescriptions. Did you read the articles by Life Extension? I have taken generic piracetam and it does not work like UCB piracetam so I agree with them.

Life Extension says "The outrageous profits generated by the European-Japanese monopoly motivated the Chinese to copy just about every dietary supplement and sell them at sharply reduced prices. While the quality of these Chinese knockoffs was considered inferior, it forced the Europeans and Japanese to slash their prices in order to remain competitive. The net effect is that the inflation-adjusted prices for dietary supplements have plummeted." Is your store selling these copy products or the prescription grades?

http://www.lef.org/p...-prtcl-158.html

A growing concern among physicians and consumers is whether dietary supplements contain all of the active ingredients listed on the label. This apprehension is based on well-publicized analyses of commercial supplements showing considerable variation in ingredient quality and quantity.

The Life Extension Buyers Club learned a long time ago that there were few ingredient suppliers who can be trusted to consistently deliver pharmaceutical-grade ingredients. That is why the Buyers Club mandates extraordinary quality-control measures in order to guard against the counterfeiting that has become so prevalent in the supplement industry.

An example of misleading products can be found in the prostate-protection formulas now offered by dozens of companies. One of the key ingredients in these products is pygeum, which functions by several mechanisms to prevent and alleviate the effects of benign prostate enlargement. The scientific literature clearly states that 100 mg a day of pygeum is required to produce a biological effect, yet some companies are putting in only 10 mg of pygeum and claiming this small amount will produce a benefit. To make matters worse, the high cost of pygeum extract has motivated unscrupulous suppliers to dilute pygeum with sterols from other plants.

The Life Extension Buyers Club restricts its pygeum purchases to Indena, the premium producer of pygeum (and other botanical extracts). Rather than trust the certificate of analysis that comes with every batch of Indena's pygeum, the Buyers Club assays the material to verify that it meets pharmaceutical-grade standards.

Companies offering low-cost ingredients constantly solicit Life Extension Buyers Club's business. An assay of the ingredients from these discount companies, however, using HPLC (high performance liquid chromatography) or mass spectrophotometry (mass spec), often reveals inconsistencies. This is why Life Extension restricts its purchases of ingredients to nutrient suppliers that take extra steps in their manufacturing process to ensure the active ingredients are of pharmaceutical quality and potency.

Some companies that sell finished dietary supplements attempt to verify ingredient authenticity by using a low-cost method known as the "melting point." The problem with using the melting point test is that counterfeiters can find substances that melt at the same temperature as the real ingredient, thus enabling them to pass on an inactive agent as the legitimate ingredient. The quantitative analysis (HPLC/mass spec) mandated by the Buyers Club verifies not only the potency, but also the purity. If impurities are detected, the quantitative analysis can often identify them.

A Company that Refused to Do Business with Life Extension

A deceptive practice that occurs in the ingredient industry is to submit samples that meet pharmaceutical standards, but not deliver the same high quality material for use in the finished dietary supplement. That is why Life Extension has active ingredients assayed before they go into the bottle.

One company that desperately wanted Life Extension's business guaranteed their quality would meet pharmaceutical standards. This company provided all kinds of impressive documentation and ingredient samples showing they were capable of meeting the Buyers Club's exacting requirements. When Life Extension told the company that acceptance of any shipments would be contingent on the ingredients passing a quantitative analysis (mass spectrophotometry / HPLC) test, the company said they would prefer not to enter into a business relationship.

_______
Edit by Elrond. Duplicate post. See orginal here: http://www.imminst.o...=20

Edited by elrond, 07 April 2005 - 05:16 AM.

#25 haveblue

• 66 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:13 AM

This, to me, looks like an indirect, anonymous attack on 1fast400's credibility. I suspect that there is more to 'yassiryemek' than we know. There are snakes in every business, after all.

That is just my opinion though.

#26 enemy

• 154 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:06 AM

The repetitive posting of the same article is reminiscent of a certain banned individual...

... Who shall remain anonymous.

#27 yassiryemek

• 14 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 08:56 AM

This, to me, looks like an indirect, anonymous attack on 1fast400's credibility. I suspect that there is more to 'yassiryemek' than we know. There are snakes in every business, after all.

That is just my opinion though.

My name is Yassir Yemek and I live in Madrid, Spain. I am a specialist in government and political science and I am already member of Life Extension. I am pleased with their service and the price because no one I found is better.

#28 magr

• 157 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 05:21 PM

I have taken generic piracetam and it does not work like UCB piracetam so I agree with them.

I have taken UCB Nootropil (Piracetam) and 1fast400's and I have found the effects identical.

#29 stellar

• 366 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:17 PM

Oh god, not this bullsh*t again! Elrond, can you take action against "Yassir"?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 scottl

• 2,177 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 03:21 AM

yassiryemek,

LEF makes quality supplements and it is certainly reasonable to like them, and recommend them.

Posting LEF material....and several times on this site....especially in the context of saying bad things directly or indirectly about other suppliers....repeats history and is distasteful to many of use here (for reasons we will assume you are ingorant of).

Having said that I will say I have read (don't ask me where) that some people have benefits from...one source (non-generic) of piracetam but had no reaction to another source (don't remember if this was generic or piracetam made in one specifc country). These comments had nothing to do with 1fast400. I remember this because I had no reaction to one source of piracetam and was debating at some point trying product from another source.

Lifemirage: Any differences in piracetam from differenct sources?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users